xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:30 am 

to all of the dear father's on our little board... as well as those in the households of everyone else!

Hope you don't get another necktie, but if you do (and it was from someone under age 16)... wear it with gratitude and pride! (If it came from someone over 16, however... ask them for the receipt and take it back and get something you REALLY want. Then tell 'em to not buy you anymore frickin' ties! LOLOLOL!)

Peace... and may JAH bless!

Your servant and slave of Christ,

Shellama, who says "suggesting" what you DO want prior to the day will help keep those ties at bay... and so if you didn't open yer mouth, you just might end up with the one with the dancin' hula girl and flashing lights... which would be your own fault...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:10 pm 

Muchas gracias Shelby!
Quote:
Hope you don't get another necktie

Well, I did get a tie. But it is a rather nice one, that I would actually wear on those rare occasions when I need one. Besides, I think the lady who gave it to me was making a subtle suggestion that I should take her someplace where I would wear it, and where she can wear her best dress. How do I say no to that ??/??
ps: En Mexico hoy es dia de los padres tambien! [today is Father's Day in Mexico, too!]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:14 pm 

Maraviosa, querido GLT (paz a usted!)! Por supuesto, debes tomar esa querida señora por una comida buena! Tal vez incluso bailando? Si!!

Paz!

Su sirviente y una clava de Cristo,

Shellama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:30 pm 

Quote:
Por supuesto, debes tomar esa querida señora por una comida buena! Tal vez incluso bailando? Si!!

Shelby, are you a mind reader, or do you ladies all think alike? She has indeed suggested that we go out dancing (we already do the dining part a bit too well, so seeking exercise on the dance floor would be a good idea!). The problem is in finding a place where we older folks would be comfortable dancing. The "clubs" all seem to be for the next generation. Such is life near Big State University!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm 

Any ballroom dancing venues near you folks, dear GLT (peace to you!)? Dear hubby and I do that from time to time (he's pretty good - I took lessons in university (was actually the Ballroom Dance Club prez of CSUS for one semester! but the folks at those places dance SO well... or pay an arm and leg for lessons... that I feel out of my league.

Praise JAH, we have a "disco" type place just over the hill which serves buffet and dancing for $15/person! They start out at about 7pm with 60-70's stuff, then 80's round 8pm, 90's round 9pm... and then it's the young folks from 10pm and after. So, us old folks (hubby, I, 'Mom, Finalcall, inlaws) usually leave by 10pm. But it's a GREAT few hours!

Peace... and hope you can find something!

Shellama... who loves to shake a tail feather on the dance floor... on her own...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 pm 

Quote:
who loves to shake a tail feather on the dance floor... on her own...

O con tu esposo! [or with your husband!]
Yes, we need to find a venue. I wonder if they allow dancing to the bands at the summer street festivals? Hmmm....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:04 pm 

Con o sin mi esposo, querido GLT (paz a usted!). (With our without my husband, dear GLT (peace to you!).) Mi cuñada y yo baile más que nuestros esposos así que a veces bailar unos con otros o solos. (My SIL and I dance more than our husbands and so sometimes dance with each other or alone.) Muchas mujeres bailan solas o con otras mujeres (o los hombres) allí. (Many woman dance alone or with other women (or men) there.)

Espero que ustedes dos pueden encontrar un lugar cerca de usted para ir a bailar!

Paz!

Shellama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm 

Gracias! Nos novios necessitamos a bailar a veces. Buenos noches!
[Thank you! We sweethearts need to dance at times. Good evening!]