xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Halloween
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:25 pm 

Please rearrange the following into a well known phrase:

" Frogs as she mad is box a of. "

Can you tell I've had enough?

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:33 pm 

Quote:
As I said, you're really in a bit of a mess.

BUT... NO harm, maliciousness, desire to hurt feelings, etc., intended... right, dear Char (again, peace to you!)?

Quote:
One thing, I didn't leave the Catholic Church and I wasn't "looking for truth".

If it's a lie... YOU told it. I had no idea WHAT you did... OR why... until YOU stated it.

Quote:
You know that because I told you, but I've noticed several times that you forget what doesn't fit in with your preconceptions.

Like I said: YOU told me. And I recall EXACTLY what you told me. Now, that you did so privately precludes me from revealing the explicit details, but since you also posted some of it publicly, I see no problem alluding to it.

Quote:
The Watchtower and its minions love to flatter people, telling them they're seeking truth. Then they try to reinforce that message in the usual manipulative style.

Yes! And like me... and many others... you've said YOU bought it, too!

Quote:
It's taken you in, that's clear.

Only to you, dear Char, and that's only because of issues with YOUR sight. That rafter, for one.

Quote:
You didn't even understand what was wrong with the very title "Keep yourself in God's Love".

It is a direct quote, as I shared, so if there's something wrong with the title's WORDS... then there was something wrong with the writer (Jude) who first penned it. Apparently, the fomenters of your particular religion didn't think so... as they left it IN when deciding upon and compiling the Bible canon. So, if THEY think it's accurate... well... shouldn't YOU? I mean, I might argue with them (but won't, here)... but how can you?

Quote:
I'm going to leave it there.

Sure you are...

Quote:
You are currently a sad person, Shelby.

Nope, NO intent to be hurtful or malicious, not at all...

Quote:
Your need to control everything is so obvious.

Control? What? I'm am not so arrogant to think I can or DO control ANYTHING. I do know One who CAN, of course, but chooses NOT to. Else, YOU would know... and hear... him, too! As he would MAKE you. He doesn't operate that way, though, and so, having learned directly from HIM... neither to do I. It's futile (and you yourself are evidence of that!), so why try? Why not leave it up to him?

And so I do. Which "hurts" YOUR feelings... because I don't give YOU the (kind of) "girlfriend" attention... manifested by agreement and so "common ground" in YOUR view... that YOU want and (apparently) need. That I seek... and HAVE... agreement and common ground with HIM... and openly publish and profess that truth, though... and that you can't control ME (and MAKE me agree with you, even at to LIES)... as a result... GETS to YOU. But that's YOUR problem, dear one, not mine.

Quote:
I am not attacking you. If you let those spiky defences down you might find the world not so much against you as you thought.

I'm not sure I have spiky defenses, dear Char. That I am not aware of them doesn't mean I don't. But if you had been listening to ANYTHING I've shared during our acquaintance, you would KNOW that the last part of what you stated in entirely in OPPOSITION to what Christ said. Yes?

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me." John 15:18-21

Sooo... I don't necessarily think the world is against me (although, certainly not necessarily FOR me); I DO believe it's RULER is against me, though, along with my fellow Body members. He is, after, our opposer, accuser, and adversary. So, it would seem to ME that it would be natural to be wary of HIM... and those who work for him.

Quote:
There's no point in trying to explain anything to you because you think you display Christ and that he speaks through you.

First, Christ doesn't speak through me, dear one, nor do I think so nor have never though or said so. He speaks TO me, and rather than selfishly keep such to myself, I share it. Some will hear... some will refrain. Some will also share, with the same result: some will hear/some won't and/or will refuse to do so.

Second, you don't EXPLAIN. At least, not when you are asked to. Which is part of the problem: you apparently have no MONEY to put where your MOUTH is. I and others have asked you, though, many times: what's your basis? Where is your support? Indeed, I ask you AGAIN: spend YOUR mina/talent, dear sister! Put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is!

Quote:
Flinging accusations at me as you have has spoken against you far more than I ever could.

Yet, you apparently feel you need to continue speaking. Perhaps that's because what I have TRUTHFULLY stated hasn't borne as bad a witness against ME... as it has against YOU... and you know this and so need to keep TRYING to turn it around? I don't think it's working as well as you think/wish, though. IF, however, you would TRULY try to keep things TRUTHFUL... well, that MIGHT help turn the tide. It WOULD give a bit better footing, at least. Right now, though, you keep slipping and sliding all over the place. As we keep trying to tell you.

Quote:
And I'm not going to play follow-my-leader by answering phrase by phrase in your style.

No worries, dear one. So long as you keep reading what I post in such manner... and keep providing opportunities for me and others to do so, because it gives us great opportunity to bear witness to Christ... then that's enough for ME.

Quote:
I hope you'll feel a bit better soon

The last leg of a bad cold notwithstanding, I actually feel pretty good, dear one. Even going out dancing tonight, so gonna feel even better!

Quote:
and that you enjoy being shut in your room looking out on the world.

But the view.. is MAGNIFICENT, dear one! And I can see SO much more from here! LOLOLOL! And, things are not ALWAYS as pretty "up close," are they, as from afar? As the angel told John... and my Lord has often said to me: "Come on up HERE!" That same invitation is offered to all; unfortunately, all don't HEAR it. Many will try to drag you back down to where THEY are... in the mire... though. Like crabs in a bucket. I mean, misery DOES love company, does it not?

So, rather than trying to keep others from rising UP, dear Char, MY directive is to be among those who, along with Christ, the Holy Spirit... say "Come!"... so as to partake of the "water" that will RAISE them up! And so... I do! And I have been a part of extending that same call to YOU. Yes?

Quote:
Let down your doors and you might find a lot of really decent people out there, real Christians

Of COURSE there are really decent people out there, dear Char... and they're not all christians... real or otherwise. Although, if they haven't received holy spirit, then they're not REAL christians... yet. Doesn't mean they WON'T be, though.

Quote:
who never ever speak as some, not all, do here

And you will find some that do... as well as MANY, including many who call themselves christians, too... who don't speak as members of the RCC do. So what?

Quote:
following their leader.

Well, if they're following ANYONE other than Christ, be it Pope, GB, priest, archbishop, monk, elder, brother, Prophet, shaman, Mother Superior, sister... or just Bob the Sheepherder... they're NOT christians.

I hope this helps, dear Char, as I always do.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm 

Personally, I am MOST grateful for the continued OPPORTUNITY to bear witness to CHRIST... and what HE said... that these discussions allow (peace to you, all!). One must understand: in every discussion, paper, or digest of any substantial length or IMPORTANCE, there is always a lot of "buffering," that occurs, too. Hence, the invention of "speed reading," so that just the main points can be garnered... for those who must real a LOT (like university students) but don't have lot of TIME (it should never be used as an alternative to actually READING, though... but I'm sure it very often is, to our detriment. Unless, of course, someone just wants to LOOK like they read something and so APPEARS to "know" what it says... but most often, just a brief discussion with someone who DID read it will show that they don't. Like here, for example...).

As I've shared a few times before, though: "Often times the SEARCH proves MORE profitable than the GOAL."

MUCH opportunity for OTHER truths to be shared as well in these types of discussion, IMHO, if one can allow himself/herself to not get sidetracked... or discouraged... by the melarkey.

I hope this helps!

Again, peace to you ALL!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:08 pm 

Tammy, the Watchtower made St Jude's words not mean what they did when he wrote them in his context.

God's Love is infinite and unconditional. It's interesting that most of you can't seem to realise that.

Nothing we can do will ever make us worthy of it.

There has only ever been one perfect person. Fortunately for us, God loves us. Just bear in mind Luke 18:9-14.

Thank you for your post, justmom. I understand where you're coming from.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:53 pm 

Quote:
Tammy, the Watchtower made St Jude's words not mean what they did when he wrote them in his context.

Perhaps you could elucidate?

No? What a surprise. Bedtime?

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:03 pm 

You're still very touchy about the Watchtower, aren't you, Loz? You obviously feel a need to rush to justify their words. Do you think you'd be happier back with them?

I mean that kindly, of course. Just as you do. And not one anagram from me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:08 pm 

Not as touchy as you Char who ran to them away from the RCC? You who rears their head at every opportunity. I don't trust your kindness, no, not at all. It isn't kind or even respectful. Your problem Char. Not mine., or ours.

Get some help Char, seriously.

Loz x

Still didn't answer the question did you? No, of course not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:19 pm 

Quote:
the Watchtower made St Jude's words not mean what they did when he wrote them in his context.

So... apparently... did a whole lot of other folks who undertook to translate the Bible, dear Char (peace to you!), and apparently long before the WTBTS did. But you don't have to take MY word for it. Check it out yourself:

http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Jude%201:21

Oh, but...wait! Apparently, so did the compilers of the Jerusalem Bible!! 'Cause THAT version states:

"... keep yourselves within the love of God..."

Again, don't take MY word for it:

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=72

Now, what's that term some use when this happens? Something like, "Oh... SNAP!" is it?

Quote:
Perhaps you could elucidate?

No? What a surprise. Bedtime?

Dear Loz... Loz... Loz... Loz... peace to YOU, luv... and on THAT note, I need to sign off for a bit. Gotta go change. 'Cause I just spit my tea ALL over my shirt!!! Sorry, but ya'll know how I am about truth... and THAT was funny!

Peace... and catch up with ALL of you dear chikkens... yes, even you, dear Char ('cause I ain't mad at'cha, chile', not all ALL)... tomorrow evening!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:20 pm 

Collectively, you all seem to harbour a lot of internal suppressed aggression.

Life has obviously treated you hard. Do get over it, or direct it at those to whom it belongs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 pm 

Quote:

From their book, you mean? I have not read it.

But the words themselves? How are they out of context?

Quote:
God's Love is infinite and unconditional. It's interesting that most of you can't seem to realise that.

But we can be outside of God's love. We can move outside of God's love, or refuse to come into His love. Else... why would not everyone be inside the Kingdom? Why would not everyone be saved?

Quote:
Nothing we can do will ever make us worthy of it.

There has only ever been one perfect person. Fortunately for us, God loves us. Just bear in mind Luke 18:9-14.

You seem to think that by saying that one can be outside of God's love... that this is a judgment on others (it is not), and a statement of worth. (again it is not. we are none of us WORTHY)

Again, why would Jude have made that statement if one could not keep oneself in God's love, or move outside of God's love?

Do we not keep ourselves in God's love... by remaining in Christ?

I did not know the answer myself, until I heard this from the Spirit just now, and so am sharing with you.

So you can see, and as per our Lords own words:

"If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you wish and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much friet, showing yourselfes to be my sdisciples.

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as i have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."

As our Lord also said:

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teachings. My father will love him, and we will come and make our home with him."

It is not that God does not love... it is that some move outside of that love, and so not remain IN His love.

Peace to you,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:49 pm 

No, Tammy, to say that we can move outside God's love, if said with full knowledge and understanding, which I am sure you have not, is blasphemy. Denying the infinite nature of God's love is blasphemous.

Nothing on this earth can move us outside God's love. We can rebel against him, ignore and neglect our duty to him and others. People who are blinkered can exhibit to all eyes but their own extraordinary spite, and yet they will not move outside God's infinite love and mercy.

That's the message of the parable of the Prodigal Son. The father came running to meet him, arms outstretched.

Even if a person feels that they are moving outside God's love, they will not do so. No matter how far they try to run from God, his loving eyes are watching and he will bring good from bad, though not necessarily in ways that humans can understand. He is working his purpose out at all times and his purpose includes all men. Only he can judge. Nobody else, but Luke 18:9-14 is a good starting point for reflection and prayer, and for self-examination. It's worth remembering this, so that one can help those depressed souls who think themselves too wicked for God to love them. A common enough phenomenon.

Even in the case of the Pharisee, while God may judge him, and the parable suggests that he will be found wanting, yet we can trust that at the last that Pharisee may learn his lesson.

Nobody can be more merciful than God, can they? He is love itself. If mankind can conceive of forgiveness, how much more so can God? Who would try to limit the extent of God's love and his merciful forgiveness? Nothing is beyond God. Nothing is outside his love. God will not be outdone in generosity.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:18 pm 

Did you read the words that our Lord is written to have said also Char?

I will repeat:

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as i have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love

You have also not said how Jude's words (said first by Christ) are out of context... or what the context of them IS, then.

The Father of the prodigal son did not stop loving his son... but the son left his father's love. Then the son returned TO his father's love, which father rejoiced and welcomed him BACK into his love.

Quote:
Even if a person feels that they are moving outside God's love, they will not do so

Then why the admonition to remain in God's love, along with instructions on how to do so?

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:41 pm 

Admonition? Is that how you read it?

Look at it again in it context. This taking of snippets is bound to distort meaning.

So, again, having read the wider context, you think it's an admonition?

Not an encouragement and assurance? Then we differ, thank goodness. Christ died on the Cross for us all, out of love. How could we do anything to deserve so great a love?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:48 pm 

Oh for goodness sake!

Insert the word plea, instruction, caution, encouragement, whatever... can we not detract from the actual saying?

Come on Char! Talk about taking snippets!

Our own Lord SAID those words... and He even said HOW to remain in HIS love, and so God's love. What in his own words do you have a problem with?

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:49 pm 

Char said,

Nothing on this earth can move us outside God's love. We can rebel against him, ignore and neglect our duty to him and others. People who are blinkered can exhibit to all eyes but their own extraordinary spite, and yet they will not move outside God's infinite love and mercy.

Then who are those describes in Revelation 22:14&15 as

"Outside of heavenly Jeruselum" ????

Apparently they chose to move outside and remain outside of Jahs love!

That's the message of the parable of the Prodigal Son. The father came running to meet him, arms outstretched.

But what if some choose NOT TO BE a prodigal son?? What if they CHOSE not to return to his fathers house? What if the son didn't learn his lesson, repent and come home?
Doesn't say ALL would be a prodigal son.

Even if a person feels that they are moving outside God's love, they will not do so. No matter how far they try to run from God, his loving eyes are watching and he will bring good from bad, though not necessarily in ways that humans can understand. He is working his purpose out at all times and his purpose includes all men.

Again, the verse in Revelation 22: 14 & 15

And what did Jah say and do with regard to Israel who were allowed to die off and not enter the promised land?

Although Jah always loved Israel, they chose to move outside of his love therefore the result WAS...

Hebrews 8: 7-9

..." Because they did not continue in my covenant...I Jah STOPPED CARING FOR THEM!"

We are given a choice!

We can choose life, which is CHRIST, which is remaining in Jahs Love OR....
We can choose death, and his offspring the adversary, and choose to be outside of Jahs love. ( in darkness)

Love to you always as well Char,
Justmom

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next