xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:01 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:01 pm 

YppuplleH wrote:
Loz wrote:
Quote:
What's the point of it all? Do some of you seriously think you can come here as a GUEST to a forum Shelby jointly owns and continually insult and attack her with no repercussions? The audacity of some of you simply amazes me. I don't know what you think it says about your personal manners, never mind your 'niceties'. Yet the irony appears to be lost on you.

Loz x

This was already posted 8 posts ago and is still there.

I understand you wish to highlight it but patience. ;)

No HP, I didn't wish to highlight. Char asked me what questions I had asked her, so I was just quoting those questions for her to see again.

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:34 pm 

Quote:
the ONLY way to learn it perfectly ( without being perfect ourselves) is through Christ who is the image of the one who IS love!

I do not believe in this. I trust it comes solely from Humans, Being Love.

It's simple.

That is the transparency I was speaking of.

And Christ Knows Me well. Is that not what truly matters. Yes. It is.
~s-Kally~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:38 pm 

After giving birth to my daughter, and I awoke after the csection, I shouted out: nice!

What did I mean?

~s-Kally~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:45 pm 

puppaluppaguss, you have a conference room somewhere or are you just being a silly puppers?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 pm 

s-Kally wrote:
After giving birth to my daughter, and I awoke after the csection, I shouted out: nice!

What did I mean?

~s-Kally~

Skally, LOLOLOLL. !!!!!!

On a funny note, I promise if you had delivered a natural birth with NO drugs whatsoever for pain, I promise you wouldn't have said, " NICE!"

Did it 3 times, and it was NOT NICE!!! Had I not been a good JW during labor, probably every other word would have been the " F" word. ::)) ( well, maybe every 5 or 10 words) ....

g:) justmom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:58 pm 

s-Kally wrote:
Quote:
the ONLY way to learn it perfectly ( without being perfect ourselves) is through Christ who is the image of the one who IS love!

I do not believe in this. I trust it comes solely from Humans, Being Love.

It's simple.

That is the transparency I was speaking of.

And Christ Knows Me well. Is that not what truly matters. Yes. It is.
~s-Kally~

Very optimistic thinking that is..."Coming solely from humans."
Good luck with that one.
Humans scare me. And they are truly the cruelest species on the planet.

Just my thought
Justmom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:09 pm 
Quote:

Really? Compare these:

Quote:
1. Sand tiger sharks
The animal kingdom is no stranger to cannibalism, which often manifests itself in brutally merciless ways. One of the most bloodthirsty examples is the sand tiger shark, in which large embryos feast on their puny siblings while still gestating in the womb. Scientists think the strategy allows a pair of baby sharks to grow large enough that other predators will leave them alone once they're born.

But new studies suggest that the eventual victors may be working in tandem. Mother sharks, it turns out, are capable of mating with more than one male at a time. And the newborns that emerge from pregnancy's version of the battle royale tend to be full-blooded siblings — meaning they have the same father. That effectively makes their smaller half brothers and sisters appetizers. How's that for filial loyalty?

2. Polar bears
Although it doesn't happen very often, polar bears have been spotted in recent years gruesomely feeding on their children in the wild. In 2011, for example, wildlife photographer Jenny Ross took snapshots of an adult bear tearing into the bloody carcass of a much smaller juvenile. Some climatologists think melting polar ice is impeding the predators' access to their favorite food — seals — turning them into cannibals out of necessity.

However, in 2008, a zoo in Nuremberg, Germany, reported that a mother polar bear had killed and eaten one of her twin cubs.

3. Spiders
Think dating's hard? At least you're not an arachnid. A range of female spiders, from the famous black widow to the ginormous wolf spider, are known to kill and eat smaller males after sex. According to LiveScience, "studies have suggested various complex evolutionary reasons involving costs and benefits to the species, sperm competition, and esoteric sexual selection schemes." Usually, though, it's because the baby mamas are famished, and the tiny males just happen to be the closest thing.

4. Hamsters
Sure, they're cute and cuddly, but it's not uncommon for a mother hamster to chow down on her newborn offspring. According to one hamster-raising website, the carnage could be driven by a need for extra protein while the mother is lactating, as well as a "human scent" left on the pups that confuses her into thinking the kids are breakfast. To avoid a killing spree that would traumatize your own young one, be sure to keep Mom adequately fed, and avoid touching the newborns with your bare hands.

5. Parasitic wasps
Skip this one if you're eating lunch: Copidosoma floridanum, a type of parasitoid wasp, has a disgusting way of reproducing. To breed, an adult wasp will seek out an unsuspecting caterpillar, paralyze it with her sting, and then inject one male egg and one female egg into the living body. Once inside, those eggs "clone" themselves until the still-alive caterpillar is teeming with hundreds of larvae. Strangely, about 50 of the females emerge with large jaws and no reproductive organs. Their sole purpose for living? To devour as many of their brothers as they can, since only a few males are needed to fertilize their sisters. Nature!

6. Chickens
Hens are known to sometimes eat their own eggs, especially if they're not getting enough calcium, which leads to thin shells. Farmers employ all sorts of techniques to keep this from happening, like planting inedible fake eggs, such as golf balls. So much for which comes first.

7. Tiger salamanders
These North American amphibians are particularly fascinating to researchers because they can take divergent developmental paths. Their larvae take on two different forms: One smaller variety feasts on aquatic invertebrates, while a much larger "cannibal morph larva" can — you guessed it — eat its non-cannibal morph brethren. A few scientists thinks the mutation is triggered by environmental factors, notes Backyard Zoologist, especially in places where tiger salamander populations are dense. The thinking goes that if there's already plenty of competition for food, why not evolve to go directly after the competition? source

-Sab

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm 

YppuplleH wrote:

This is so adorable, my doggy does this too lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:39 pm 

sabastious wrote:
Quote:

Really? Compare these:

Quote:
1. Sand tiger sharks
The animal kingdom is no stranger to cannibalism, which often manifests itself in brutally merciless ways. One of the most bloodthirsty examples is the sand tiger shark, in which large embryos feast on their puny siblings while still gestating in the womb. Scientists think the strategy allows a pair of baby sharks to grow large enough that other predators will leave them alone once they're born.

But new studies suggest that the eventual victors may be working in tandem. Mother sharks, it turns out, are capable of mating with more than one male at a time. And the newborns that emerge from pregnancy's version of the battle royale tend to be full-blooded siblings — meaning they have the same father. That effectively makes their smaller half brothers and sisters appetizers. How's that for filial loyalty?

2. Polar bears
Although it doesn't happen very often, polar bears have been spotted in recent years gruesomely feeding on their children in the wild. In 2011, for example, wildlife photographer Jenny Ross took snapshots of an adult bear tearing into the bloody carcass of a much smaller juvenile. Some climatologists think melting polar ice is impeding the predators' access to their favorite food — seals — turning them into cannibals out of necessity.

However, in 2008, a zoo in Nuremberg, Germany, reported that a mother polar bear had killed and eaten one of her twin cubs.

3. Spiders
Think dating's hard? At least you're not an arachnid. A range of female spiders, from the famous black widow to the ginormous wolf spider, are known to kill and eat smaller males after sex. According to LiveScience, "studies have suggested various complex evolutionary reasons involving costs and benefits to the species, sperm competition, and esoteric sexual selection schemes." Usually, though, it's because the baby mamas are famished, and the tiny males just happen to be the closest thing.

4. Hamsters
Sure, they're cute and cuddly, but it's not uncommon for a mother hamster to chow down on her newborn offspring. According to one hamster-raising website, the carnage could be driven by a need for extra protein while the mother is lactating, as well as a "human scent" left on the pups that confuses her into thinking the kids are breakfast. To avoid a killing spree that would traumatize your own young one, be sure to keep Mom adequately fed, and avoid touching the newborns with your bare hands.

5. Parasitic wasps
Skip this one if you're eating lunch: Copidosoma floridanum, a type of parasitoid wasp, has a disgusting way of reproducing. To breed, an adult wasp will seek out an unsuspecting caterpillar, paralyze it with her sting, and then inject one male egg and one female egg into the living body. Once inside, those eggs "clone" themselves until the still-alive caterpillar is teeming with hundreds of larvae. Strangely, about 50 of the females emerge with large jaws and no reproductive organs. Their sole purpose for living? To devour as many of their brothers as they can, since only a few males are needed to fertilize their sisters. Nature!

6. Chickens
Hens are known to sometimes eat their own eggs, especially if they're not getting enough calcium, which leads to thin shells. Farmers employ all sorts of techniques to keep this from happening, like planting inedible fake eggs, such as golf balls. So much for which comes first.

7. Tiger salamanders
These North American amphibians are particularly fascinating to researchers because they can take divergent developmental paths. Their larvae take on two different forms: One smaller variety feasts on aquatic invertebrates, while a much larger "cannibal morph larva" can — you guessed it — eat its non-cannibal morph brethren. A few scientists thinks the mutation is triggered by environmental factors, notes Backyard Zoologist, especially in places where tiger salamander populations are dense. The thinking goes that if there's already plenty of competition for food, why not evolve to go directly after the competition? source

-Sab

And I still believe humans are the cruelest species!!

There wouldn't be enough pages on this forum to talk about the cruelty of man.
But the irony of it, they were created in Gods image some believe with the natural tendency to LOVE, and be NICE!
I must disagree!

Just my thoughts
Justmom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:57 pm 

Quote:
Good luck with that one.

And good luck with that, one.

~s-Kally~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 pm 

mom, nice means good work, well done. the end result was nice.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nice

Quote:
Definition of NICE
1obsolete a : wanton, dissolute b : coy, reticent

2a : showing fastidious or finicky tastes : particular <too nice a palate to enjoy junk food> b : exacting in requirements or standards : punctilious <a nice code of honor>

3: possessing, marked by, or demanding great or excessive precision and delicacy <nice measurements>

4obsolete : trivial

5a : pleasing, agreeable <a nice time> <a nice person> b : well-executed <nice shot> c : appropriate, fitting <not a nice word for a formal occasion>

6a : socially acceptable : well-bred <from a nice family> b : virtuous, respectable <was taught that nice girls don't do that>

7: polite, kind <that's nice of you to say>

______________-

So, what was funny, I am not sure.

It was a well executed c section.

:/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 pm 

Then He is not Nice, at all. He is Just He. And what we make 'of' Him. Was it nicely executed to create a world where we suffer daily because we cannot figure out out to HEAR Him?

No, not nice at all.

It is absolutely apparent that many humans were absolutely created in this not nice place, by not a nice creator. Why can we not say how it is, if we see it this Way?

I was created nicely. I am not a nice person.

~s-kally~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:03 pm 

Zoe's thread has vanished
which resolves my waking moment worries

"oh crap, did i put my bio on the net?"

"was i supposed to pick somebody up?"

"and why am i wearing a sailor outfit
and lying in the cargo hold of a Russian freighter?"

==========

my heartfelt congratulations
to all of you that bore children

you make awesome moms

it is a life of singleness i chose
and sometimes regretted

my little 5 yr old niece and i
spent our days in secret sword fights
and combat to the death
then pretending to be in a tea party
whenever her mom walked by,
i treasure those years
and when she grows up
i'll embarrass her in front of her friends
with recollections of her funny poo moments

also, i told her she's not allowed to have a boyfriend
until she's thirty

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:19 pm 

Quote:
also, i told her she's not allowed to have a boyfriend
until she's thirty

Lol... if she is five now, then she'll probably listen to you on this one for another 5-10 years ; )

Peace,
tammy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next