xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Whooaaa...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:22 pm 

says SA in her best "Bill and Ted" voice as she throws off covers, sits up, vigorously shakes head... like pups often do... and blinks at dear ones at foot of bed, staring, waiting, perhaps with (great?) concern... perhaps even wringing hands??? LOLOL!)

Faggedabout worrying about malaria, chikkens - them dang antimalaria (cheah, right!) pills have GOT to be just as bad as the virus itself... if not close! If not, then malaria itself is NOT sumthin' to play with - you DON'T wanna get IT! 'Cause, I mean, I have SO been SICK off those dang pills!! And you don't want the details. Just think of the worse flu you've ever had, with ALL symptoms and in ALL it's glory!

Good LORDY! (And don't think I didn't call on him a couple/few times during, either - I most certainly did!)

Anyway, MUCH better today, although not 100% (about 65-70% I'd say) so just checkin' in. Need another day or so to get to 100 as still quite a bit tired and weak-y. BUT out of bed/off couch for a bit... finally... AND outside for first time in almost a week! A bit too befuddled still to check any posts/threads, sorry (well, to respond; I might check a-one or two, but no promises) but will try to catch up this weekend.

Anyway... peace to you all and SO glad to "see" you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Sheldiana, who is now REALLY back (well, almost) from the Land of the (Almost) Dea... ummm... Cush...

Post subject: Re: Whooaaa...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 pm 

Are you sure it's the pills? I mean, I went to India and JUST by drinking the WATER, I was sick for a week. And your trip wasn't that long. I had explosive Diarrhea, high grade fever, and almost hallucinating from being so got dang hot! I was wondering about that when you posted the cuisine pictures. Then I remembered your pm and was like, .....it sounds like she's sick from the water/food.

Me thinks cuisine wasn't so happy with you, especially since you ate it up!

Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:44 pm 

LOLOLOL! Well, I did think perhaps it was the food, dear V (peace, luv!), but no... I had every classic "symptom" of the "side effects" of the particular malaria pills we took, including the nosebleed (although, going from Oakland/SF which is, what 64 ft above sea level... to, let's see, over 41,000 ft in the air (over the Atlantic)... to 7,700 ft above (Addis)... to 8,700 ft above (Axum)... COULD have accounted for it. I am SURE it accounted for the HORRENDOUS dry nose dear 'Mom and I experienced the entire time (we thought it was pollution - huh, ain't no pollution that high up in the mountains. Ain't no air, either. Well, at least, not the "dirty" mix we're USED to breathin' - LOLOLOL!)

Oh, yeah, didn't ya'll know? Ethiopia ain't in the desert. It's SUB-sahara, chikkens. BELOW the desert... and WAY up on da mountains!

I digress...

'Twas 'dem pills, dear V... 'twas 'dem pills. And I gotz 1.5 more to take... ummmm... some day. Soon. Next week, maybe... maybe not. We'll see... LOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Sheldiana

Last edited by AGuest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:46 pm 

Crazy. Just crazy! But I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:59 pm 

Shel, you are not the only person I've heard of who has suffered such bad effects from the anti-malaria pills. It's a well-known reaction. Most people don't get it, but some do, and if you do you're very very poorly. I'm so sorry you did.

Travelling to such places can be fraught with hazard. I have friends who lived for many years in different parts of Africa. Most loved it and had no such bad effects. However one, who was a missionary in Kenya for thirty years caught both amoebic dysentery and malaria, despite all the preventative medication. Amoebic dysentery remains lurking within you for ever, as the amoeba continues inside you (so he tells me) and once you've had malaria, bouts continue to recur all your life. He's been back in this country now for about ten years, but no different. He also acquired skin cancer (he is Irish and very fair-skinned) but of course that can develop in any part of the world.

Do you feel that what you gained from your trip was worth the results? Was the purpose of the trip to be as close as possible to the supposed home of the Ark? I've been wondering and patiently waiting for you and justmom to tell us this, and hoping you'll be sharing your thoughts when you're well enough.

I'm so very sorry you've been so ill, very glad you're beginning to be on the mend, and hope that you'll continue to improve from now onwards. Do take it very very easy, and very slowly, won't you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 am 

Why are you still taking pills?

I'm guessing you didn't take Malarone?

Doxycycline?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 am 

Oh Shelby so sorry you have to go through all this, I sure hope thats the end of the side effects for you, that has to be terrible. Malaria isn't anything to fool around with, thats for sure but its crazy that there is such bad side effects. My thoughts are with you and wishing you feel better and better. Image I miss all your posts and thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 am 

Thinking of you Shelby. Take it easy girl.

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 am 

Mornin' and peace to you all! Gotta run out in a few and handle some errands (that I haven't been able to - LOLOL!) but wanted to respond to a couple/few posts before I did:

It WAS Malarone, dear Pup (mornin' and peace to you!). The dosage was 1-2 days before entering the area where malaria might be contracted and seven days after. So we started on Saturday, May 25th... then took it the 26-28th while we were there, then I had from Wednesday the 29th through Tuesday the 4th to go. Had to cut back to half a tablet for Monday the 3rd, though, cause I just couldn't handle another full tab. So that has left me with the other half for Monday and another full tab for Tuesday to go. Can't do it just yet, though. Just not strong enough.

Quote:
Do you feel that what you gained from your trip was worth the results?

Oh, absolutely, dear Char (mornin' and peace to you, as well!). The results were WAY more than we expected, so yes, absolutely!

Quote:
Was the purpose of the trip to be as close as possible to the supposed home of the Ark?

No, ma'am. Axum isn't the home of the Ark, dear one, Jerusalem is. Nor is the Ark IN Axum (only part of its contents is).

Quote:
I've been wondering and patiently waiting for you and justmom to tell us this, and hoping you'll be sharing your thoughts when you're well enough.

We had an assignment, dear one, that included a discussion with the guardian. We fulfilled our assignment and have been greatly blessed as a result. We have even received a subsequent greeting from him through our dear guide just a day or so ago. I don't know if he accepted/understood what we gave him but he seems to hold no illwill, so... I would say "mission accomplished" and wonderfully so!

I'm so very sorry you've been so ill, very glad you're beginning to be on the mend, and hope that you'll continue to improve from now onwards. Do take it very very easy, and very slowly, won't you?

THANK you, dear one! I am on the mend (feeling 80-85% today, praise JAH!), but taking it slowly, yes. Body still a little weak/sore. Dear 'Mom was sick as well but recovered sooner because she didn't take the pills after leaving Axum (smart girl!). I was more of a stickler since we came by them so easily and I consider it a "precuationary" blessing - LOLOL! Small price to pay, a few days of UGH, given the potential benefits, IMHO. Stuff happens, luv. We went, did our task WITHOUT a single hitch... and so having to deal with a few days of illness once back home was WELL worth the effort, yes, absolutely!

I hope that clarifies, dear ones... and thank you ALL for your kind thoughts and words! I am A-OKAY and on the mend!

Peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Sheldiana, wondering if THAT is enough "proof" for the doubters - I mean, why would ANYONE take that stuff if they didn't HAVE to?! LOLOLOL!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm 

Did Mom get sick from the pills too or she just isn't letting us know, or they didn't hit her as hard as they're hitting you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 pm 

ShirleyW wrote:
Did Mom get sick from the pills too or she just isn't letting us know, or they didn't hit her as hard as they're hitting you?

hi Shirley....

Mom felt real strange for a few days, but I discontinued them before Shelby.
So I didn't get near as sick and as long.....

Justmom :O

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:22 pm 

I hear ya, Shelby needs to ditch them pills down the drain !!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:36 pm 

Better not.

Best to finish the course.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:59 pm 

Sigh. I hear you, dear Char (peace, luv!)... and so intend to do so. Sigh. Again, maybe next week. Or the week after. Or so. But soon. Before the year ends, anyway. LOLOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Sheldiana