xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need some help
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 am 

As some of you are aware that I am a producer. I am in the process of making a new song and am looking for religious priest sound samples. The problem is, I need them to be royality free. Now I do have someone willing to act like a 'priest' and say a bunch of stuff, but i've left my equipment for audio recording back home and it's 3.5 hour drive. Does anyone have any website that wont get all upset for using samples of religious nature. This is not a 'pro religion' song. It's about the false witness born against the Master. I am not intending to use spirituality as a way to endorse financial gain.

Me

Post subject: Re: Need some help
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 pm 

How are you going to define the false witness against the Master, Voices?

I have access to all manner of religious music including priests, but it depends what you're going to do with it and what your intention is.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 pm 

Well it has to be royality free. I don't like how people use FEAR and scriptural fear in order to get others to understand 'truth' or 'Christ' ...So the entire song is going to be about these 'priests' saying these things, and towards the end it'll say something 'Wait... Christ isn't like that"

It's a song about fear vs love.

Me

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:07 pm 

Who do you see as causing fear, Voices? Do you speak from first hand experience?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:54 pm 

I don't see the need for this. But thank you for your offer. I will respectfully decline. I don't value the words of 'religious leaders'. Only Christ. No offense intended and may you have peace and love from the father. Anyone else?

Me

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:45 pm 

I don't know of any, sorry, Voices.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:52 am 

Voices wrote:
I don't see the need for this. But thank you for your offer. I will respectfully decline. I don't value the words of 'religious leaders'. Only Christ. No offense intended and may you have peace and love from the father. Anyone else?

Me

You say you "don't see the need for this". What is "this", please? Do you mean you object to my very polite question for further information? With the greatest possible respect, why would anyone mind such a request, please?

I am no different from you and everyone else here. I have been a committed Christian all my life. I love and follow only Christ. He is my Lord and Saviour. He knows me as His and I know Him as my Lord, as well as The Lord and Loving Shepherd of us each and all.

I merely asked for fuller information about your forum post.

It's very puzzling indeed. I thought your request concerned music, not words?

Very, very strange.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 am 

Chariklo you make me laugh sometimes, LOL Thanks for starting my day with a giggle.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 am 

I meant it, Zoe!

But I'm glad I made you laugh! Laughter's one of God's great gifts, in my book! :)

As well as being the best medicine!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 am 

Voices, did you try googling for royalty free priest sounds? I never heard of priest sounds before so I can't help.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:03 am 

I goggled Priest sounds and I got Gregorian chants for one of the answers. So I went and listened to a few. I have to say I love Gregorian chants, it sounds like angels singing and gives me goose bumps.

I will share one here about the second coming of Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:10 pm 

I apologize for my delayed response. I have been struggling with a few musical things here and have been sucked into it and didn't get to seeing these responses till now.

I believe I was pretty respectful and polite when I answered your original question:

Chariklo you said: "How are you going to define the false witness against the Master, Voices?

I have access to all manner of religious music including priests, but it depends what you're going to do with it and what your intention is. "

I felt this was a fair question to ask. I mean someone actually concerned about the MASTER. Someone showing genuine concern about how the Christ is represented, and so on... It shows concern, and most of all 'love' for the Christ. Even though it reveres, in some way [though you'll probably deny], your 'religious music including priests.' Which is why I responded with this:

"Well it has to be royality free. I don't like how people use FEAR and scriptural fear in order to get others to understand 'truth' or 'Christ' ...So the entire song is going to be about these 'priests' saying these things, and towards the end it'll say something 'Wait... Christ isn't like that"

It's a song about fear vs love. "

However, when someone starts asking personal questions such as this:

"Who do you see as causing fear, Voices? Do you speak from first hand experience?"

This defeats the original purpose of why I posted. So I responded with this:

"I don't see the need for this. But thank you for your offer. I will respectfully decline. I don't value the words of 'religious leaders'. Only Christ. No offense intended and may you have peace and love from the father. Anyone else? "

You see: The impression I get is you might get uncomfortable with how I use the material. I could be wrong but I was lead to this conclusion because I explained I was going to use it to show how Christ is NOT like the way he's portrayed by religion, someone to Fear and be afraid of and cower before. So this lead me to believe your 'religious' somehow. If you weren't, you would've understood where I was coming from. Therefore I felt you wouldn't like, how I brought this 'to the light.' Because you value your sermons of priests talking and so on as something that shouldn't be 'tainted.' or whatever 'misrepresented.' I could be wrong, but instead of arguing or debating those facts or even if that's true, I was desperate just to complete the song. I just wanted to get my project done and get back to it. I wanted to do something to 'set the record' straight about Him, so that my next song was finished and polished and so forth. Now I could be totally wrong. Maybe you don't like religion at all or whatever, but if that was the case then why would someone not be willing to send those sermons/talks? and have a problem with me using it to clear his name when when i've explained what i'm doing.....fear vs love ...I politely said thank you for your offer and stated I will respectfully decline. I've learned that when I say this, it usually lets people know that I don't want to offend you but..no thanks. I then explained that I don't value the words of 'religious leaders' implying that if you do, this would be a bad idea. I stated why: which is I value "only Christs" words. And also, just to let you know I wasn't trying to upset you I said: "No offense indended." I, then, wished you "peace and love from the father" and moved on with "Anyone else?"

Now the whole statement ("i will respectfully decline"): Which is what I think maybe 'tickled' some people by your...response... I have learned to say this to someone so they do not take offense. For some reason, people don't seem to just take 'no thanks' anymore.

I just....don't see the reason for the next question.

Chariklo said: "You say you "don't see the need for this". What is "this", please? Do you mean you object to my very polite question for further information? With the greatest possible respect, why would anyone mind such a request, please?"

This is this: "Who do you see as causing fear, Voices? Do you speak from first hand experience?"

I've already stated that i'm coming from a good place of love, in the whole fear vs love thing. That the song was about Christ being misrepresented by 'priests' who are trying to use FEAR in order to teach people of who Christ is. I even stated that I was not doing this for financial gain. I just don't understand why I should explain what I see as causing fear? That is an entirely different topic for another time.

I'm not even sure why people are laughing. I mean i asked for help.

I needed help to clear Christs name in a song

Your response: You're not going to help me (because I believe you would have a problem with what I am doing), but ask me to explain myself to you. Which I did: only for Christ sake, and am not obligated any further. I wished you peace and moved on asking if there was anyone else, because i didn't want to get into a debate over what i'm doing. You didn't like this and came back with 'the greatest possible respect' and 'innocence.' and "Very, very strange." (btw that seems a little passive aggressive to me...maybe rude..or whatever. Something about that didn't seem very 'polite' to me)

My interest was music....not words. But you are inquiring more. I moved on and asked others (no offense). And I asked others to help, but you couldn't let it go, for whatever reason.

If you are as you say: "I am no different from you and everyone else here. I have been a committed Christian all my life. "

Then why do you need to know what I would do with the material? Don't you believe that I would use it 'correctly' as you would? If the answer is 'no' then therefore you do not believe we're the same. And I made the right decision to move on to ask someone else for help, because you would've had a problem with this song.

It's not 'very, very strange' really. It's pretty common. Someone asking for help, and others not helping, even though their 'christian,' And justifying themselves. I mean honestly, ...I moved on from you, but you didn't. *shrugs*

I will not be discussing this any further, because this was not needed or wanted by me. If you wish to private message me, by all means do so to make peace, but I see no reason to discuss this in open in front of others. I did feel that I needed to say something in my defense about the things said. However, i do hold the right to say 'Thank you, but no thank you' if I do not agree, and if I do not agree with you, you must be willing to be okay with that in order for there to be peace. And I will return the favor. If you come to debate...keep in mind, the whole reason I moved on from you was because your question was, as I felt, leading to that. And that's not what I wanted, which is, once again, why I asked others.

Me

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:23 pm 

Zoe, Thank you for your response in the chant. I did google stuff and came up with nothing of what I was looking for. I do like this(chant you gave) but I need something royality free. Meaning that they don't have a problem with me putting it into a song and they don't expect any financial compensation. I was also thinking that I think there's a misunderstanding of the original idea. i'm talking about the preachers that get up there and scream things about wickedness and evil men being destroyed and how Christ hates evil men and people etc... I'm thinking more like a 'meeting talk' type situation. You know how preachers are screaming at the audience...more like the salem witch trial type situation...

That sort of thing. I wanted to use that through the song, and at the end be like 'wait....Christ doesn't talk like that' Christ doesn't talk like that' Christ doesn't talk like that' and have that phrase echo out.

Anyway

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:40 pm 

Safest and easiest is to record your own.

If you use any "royalty free" source mostly likely the person who you are using will catch wind and complain.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm 

I think your right. Which means I gotta wait till I get back home. Thanks =)