xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:31 pm 

Peace to you, all!

This has nothing to do with JaH or JaH'eShua, but did remind me of them as it happens to/with me VERY often, including with dear Hubster (peace to you, dear brother!).

I am often (VERY often, actually) asked to help someone (mostly at work) navigate something on the computer. Excel, Outlook, Teams, an invite of some sort, the Internet, Google, Prime, something. I really am always happy to help. There is one phenomena I almost always come across, though, that sometimes irritates the heck out of me. I will tell the "student" (or, let's say "helpee") "put your cursor over the"... whatever it is... and then say, "but DON'T CLICK" and after they spends several moments find the whatever is the VERY FIRST THING THEY DO... is click... BUT... they are usually NOT over the whatever it is I directed them to be "over". They will then move the cursor to somewhere else and... wait for it... click AGAIN. And I will say, "No, wait, DON'T click!" and I'll be dad-gummed if they not only click yet again... but often MORE THAN ONCE.

So, I slowly walk them back to the point of origin, saying, "Okay, let's start over, but this time don't click," but inevitably they will click the mouse... AGAIN. But not only that - They almost always say... AS THEY'RE "not" clicking... "I'M NOT clicking/I DIDN'T click it!" as they click away.

I just don't understand it - LOLOL! It mean, it sometimes takes 5, 6, 8, 10 clicks before they STOP clicking, all while they're saying, "I'm not/didn't click(ing)!" - LOLOLOLOL!

It's like their fingers have minds of their own - LOLOLOLOLOL!

I am sharing this because I had a few experiences with this last week and already had TWO this very morning! And I thought, what is UP with this????

Then I recalled how people in elevators fascinate me. Have you ever got on a elevator, saw many of the floor buttons already pressed, then saw someone reach out to RE-press the button for a floor that was already pressed?? WHAT is up with that??? They're going to Floor 3 and the light for Floor 3 is lit. But for some reason, even though their eye SEES it lit up, they brain... and as a result, their FINGER... just doesn't BELIEVE it. It's like their brain (and so their finger) is saying, "Yeah, it's lit but I don't trust it - what if it passes my floor? Well, I can't have that so I'm gonna press it AGAIN, just to make SURE! Because I don't know who pressed it already and THEIR touch might not get the elevator car to the floor!"

And so, when the elevator does stop on the 3rd Floor, maybe they're going, "Yeah, see! Whew! MY touch did that! It was because *I* pressed the button that it stopped! WHOO-HOO for MY touch!" Or something like that.

SMH.

Some advice, dear ones? If/when you ask someone to assist you with someone on a computer, please... PLEASE... sit back (in your chair, on your bed, against your pillows, whatever)... and LISTEN first. LISTEN to the instructions being given and maybe even ask questions if you don't understand and get clarification. But do NOT click the mouse. Yet. Even if your hand is still on it and you've moved it around. DO NOT CLICK it. Not unless/until you are told to do so. Move the icon to where you are instructed, yes... and then... wait. For further instructions. Maybe even ask: "Do I click the mouse here?" and proceed as directed.

Please.

Otherwise, you risk having the one helping you's head completely explode splattering brain matter all over your screen, head, face, neck, chest, torso, arms, desk, chair, bed, etc. Not to mention eyeball and nasal mucus material.

Just sayin'.

Again, peace to you all!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:52 am 

Peace to you my sister,

I don't even know what to say, lol. Reflex? Super sensitive mice?

Thank you for the chuckle though (except don't let your head explode!)

Peace again to you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:51 am 

Peace to you, dear Tams, and thank you for even responding - LOL!

I wasn't expecting anyone to. I was actually having g a much more "my head is hoing to explode" couple of weeks at work and needed to get some things off my chest (well, outta head) and this was the mildest I could do. Hopefully, I can/will retire this year (eyes crossed - LOL!) and be done with some folks once and for all - LOLOLOLOL!

My apologies to you all for this rant and may JaH and JaH'eShua bless and keep you ALL and your dear, dear households... to time indefinite!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel