xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Harry Potter style ;)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 am 

YPPUPLLEH SAID

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:02 am Post subject: Harry Potter style ;)
I wrote this on the ExJwSecularists group

"And lol I'll address this on the other forum too but why are adopting the Harry Potter approach and not using names? It's always "the other group that won't be named" or "this other member" etc

It's like Lord Voldemort with his "He Who Shall Not Be Named"

The same thought applies to this group

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:57 am 
Site Admin

TEC SAID

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:17 am Post subject:
Lol... that's cute. Also kind of that we both are doing the same thing.

Thanks for that HP. Now I'm gonna hear that 'he who shall not be named' and think of harry potter every time I see something like that.

Wait a minute...

Your initials are HP.

Are you harry potter in real life???

Site Admin

TEC SAID

Also, your thread title has given me the gangnam style song in my head.

peace,
tammy

Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 am Post subject:
I am the true HP

There are a lot of similarities between the two groups. Both also sees the other group as stalking them or waiting for a person to post so they can pounce and follow from thread to thread. It appears that such behavior comes from both sides. Now granted that there are people who are not active in either the ForChrist or Secularist group that do this but still when can we put this to an end?

I thought the creation of these two groups was supposed to stop that but it seems to be more of a homebase now

Site Admin

CHARIKLO SAID

I too now have gangnam style going on in my head, just from your thread title!

I don't really understand your post, though, Puppy.

First of all, when you wrote "doing this without names" I thought you meant forum names like mine and yours. But it's not that. I think you must be talking about forums.

I haven't noticed any references to the "other board" meaning the exjw secularists. The references I've seen have been to JWN, though I haven't read absolutely everything on here, and no, I'm not sure why that forum hasn't been named. When i joined here I just went along with what seemed to be the prevailing code of practice. I am very much of the "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" school of thought!

I don't think people here think of people from the secularist forum as stalking us. I don't. And actually, over here we can't "stalk" anyone over there as it is a closed, locked and private forum. Anything they do there will remain a closed book. (I asked to be unsubscribed, and that's what happened eventually.) they can and do read what's here, but I for one am fine with that. This is open.

So when you say this behaviour seems to be on both sides, it's obviously not so. Not only could we not do that, most of us, I expect all of us, couldn't and wouldn't and don't. I suspect everyone else here is like me. I just absolutely couldn't be bothered with it! It's just too silly, pathetic, really, and I have a life to lead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 am 
Site Admin

TEC SAID

I appreciate what (I think) you are trying to do here, puppy. I disagree with your conclusions, but no biggee. I thought the comparison was cute in your OP, because I've seen it a couple times here as well. Nice reminder. But bottom line is that i don't care what anyone is saying on another forum about this one, or even about me. I don't want to know, truth be known.

Peace cannot be had unless everyone wants that peace. Unfortunately right now, I don't think everyone does.

But regardless of what another person does, that does not mean that we cannot give the peace and love that we would like to be given to us. (That does not mean we have to be silent, though sometimes silence is best, imo.) I have just had my fill of the back and forth, back and forth, same old same old. I might respond, but i will do my best not to respond in kind.

(unless the tone is of peace and love... then I'll try and respond in kind to that, lol)

As to this board, this board is meant as a safe(r) haven for those who want to share and discuss their faith, build one another up. I think most hope for the same from this forum. So I don't want us to get caught up in what other forums or people are doing. This is more of a breath of fresh air; a cool drink of water; a brisk walk in the wind (for the more stimulating discussions)

What? So I'm feeling metaphoric, okay?

Peace to you all,
tammy

Site Admin

CHARIKLO SAID

Quote:
Quote:
This is more of a breath of fresh air; a cool drink of water; a brisk walk in the wind (for the more stimulating discussions)

I like that, tec. I see in my mind's eye a hot summer's day, a shady tree next to running water, dappled sunlight shining on a sparkling river, gentle breeze, a bird singing in the treetop and a picnic spread on the grass.

I'll add in some wild flowers, and maybe some children playing happily just off-scene. Lovely! Aaaaahhhhh.....

Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

Don't forget the Romping dog!

Site Admin

CHARIKLO SAID

Yes, Puppy, you can be there too! LOL!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 am 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Greetings, dear HP... and peace to you!. I don't have a problem with ANY other forums and I don't think anyone else here does, either. My personal restraint from mentioning others by name is purely out of respect, first, and a desire to keep the peace. I also don't want people to say we're talking ILL of any other FORUM... or person (if that can be helped)... when that isn't the case. Given the many [erroneous] references to what we ARE discussing here, I am concerned that just seeing the NAME of another site... or poster from another site... can be... WILL be... misconstrued by ones who wish to do that. So I just refrain.

THIS forum is not an "enemy" of any other forum, however, and we don't want any others to think we are or that we think that.

Oh, dear tec... the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and I am sure I've contributed to some of your... sorrow at to this matter... and for that I sincerely apologize. I didn't really go elsewhere to fight, but simply to share something I thought was beneficial... and I know you know that. I knew there would be opposition, of course (thankfully, I have NO idea how "bad" it got, well, at least as to a certain thread), and also found myself back into some of the same 'ol, same 'ol.

I consider that a small price to pay, however, in light of the PM's I received over the past few days (several of which prompted me to stay and continue commenting, including a few I received from some "almost" usual suspects that brought me GREAT joy! And as you might have seen, two new(er) posters addressed comments on a [very] old thread in a way that suggests they are seeking/asking, if perhaps not already heeding the call.

Also, one poster that I have come to expect opposition from has actually reached out and we are now trying to "reason" with one another in a more civil manner. Neither of us have the intention of converting the other, but only to understand one another. I think. I hope.

Does all of this mean I'm going back "for good"? Absolutely NOT! I really did "pace" (albeit not very long) over posting what I did to begin with: seldom is the case where I can post anything and some sort of fray not ensue. Of course, I could probably try and be "nicer"... but truth be told, I have tried that. And I have found that, for me, my tenacity is more regarded. Indeed, I have become friends, sometimes close friends, with some of my greatest opposers because they eventually decided to take a step back and really LOOK at what was transpiring and what was being stated in posts. This may be the case with a few others now... and I am glad for that.

If my "battling" concerns, even hurts ANY of you... I apologize... and resolve AGAIN... to try and find a different way. You can also feel free to let me know, either on the board or via PM - I can receive it! I truly don't know if some will ALLOW that, though. And it may be that I HAVE to return from time to time... because of those who are still there, or are new to there... and perhaps don't know yet that some of us are HERE. The better choice would be for another to post... and/or perhaps include a link to here... but that's really undesirable (and completely understandable).

Okay, so I'm sure you've all heard enough from me. If so, no worries, as I will be offline for most of the next few days (if not a full week) or so - I did get accepted as a volunteer for the Star Trek Convention and so will be busy with that... and then receiving company next week.

So... you're about to get another break! Take advantage of it, dear ones - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you all... and please forgive me if I caused you ANY anxiety - I did not intend to but only to stand firm.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

TEC SAID

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 am Post subject:
I missed the mention of me in your post, Shelby, so I just wanted to make sure that you know that you did NOT contribute to any sorrow for me. Not at all.

Peace to you!

tammy

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Thanks, dear tec (peace, chile'!); that IS a load off - LOLOL!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA