xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:25 pm 

Peace to everyone in the COLD states/Canada!!!

You okay? Staying warm(ish)? Snowed in? Plowed out? Freezing up? Need us to send some heat? Blankets? Pocket hand warmers? Not that anything would get through to you given the icy roads... but just checkin' on ya. Sher'f? Tams? Zoe? Holla! Shirl-Dub (where are YOU, girl??!).

And peace to you all and to your dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:57 pm 

Hey (((Shelby!)))

It`s cold all the way to the West Coast, temps dropped like a rock over night..
I left the heat off last night..It took 5 hours to get my place to a livable temperature.
I`m not doing that again...LOL!!
Forecast says we should start getting warmer weather by Tuesday 10F...LOL!!... :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:14 pm 

Peace to you! We're good too, Shelby, thank you for checking!! Definitely cold out there, lol...but we have a warm house, a warm car, big sweaters and fuzzy warm socks : ) Also, since I was a bit sick this past weekend, I have had most of the week off work (I was unhappy with too few shifts at first, but the extra time gave me time to rest, and then with the weather on top of it... I was all 'oh, blessing instead!')

I have only had to go out to give my son a ride for one appointment and one quick errand. You can know that my sons are Northern Alberta born though. Drove my youngest to Wal-mart last night - he wore no hat, no mitts, no coat. He was just going 'in and out', so he said he was fine. Okie dokie... (And he wasn't even the only person I saw who wasn't dressed for the weather.) I kept the car running and parked right at the door so he could just hop back in when he was done.

We are all good here though. Still looking forward to next week's warmer weather : )

Outlaw (peace to you too!), you stay warm! A couple of times I have woken up (in the past) and found it super cold. Took me a minute to realize the batteries had died in our thermometer-setting-thingie and the furnace won't kick in without it. Then it took a couple hours to get the temperature back up to a nice comfortable warm. In this weather, I can understand it took five hours for you. Brr.

Peace and love to you both,
your sister and servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:40 pm 

Peace to you and thank you, both, for the updates, dear Sher'f and Tams!

And, yes, dear Tams, TOTALLY get it as yo your son - LOL! Kids/teens tend to run hot/warmer than most, while women tend to run colder than most (only the women in the buildings I manage complain of being cold and ask for the heat to be raised while men are always asking for it to be lowered - LOL!).

Glad to hear you're both doing okay!

Again, peace to you and to your dear households!

Your servant, sister, friend, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:04 pm 

Hey Tammy!

I have Double Pane Insulated windows...This is the 1st time I have ever seen Ice on the inside window.

Thanks Shelby!

I`m getting Rumblings that the WBT$ is about to drop 1914 as the year Jesus Started to rule Invisibly...The WBT$ Won`t give Jesus back his throne until after the Great Tribulation...LOL!!
That is the next WBT$ / JW New Light, so I`m told...
My information seems legit but, I`m trying to get Absolute Confirmation...If it`s just rumour, so be it...
If it`s for real, I`ll post it on a New Thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:49 pm 

Peace to you dear Shel, Tams and Outlaw,

I’ve been reading about some the weather going on where you are, another polar freeze. Y’all amaze me the weather that you can survive in LOLOL!!!!

Here I’ve had to work outside for a few hours in the early mornings at work and my hands won’t even move, the joints are so painful. And it’s only been in the low 30’s. Much harder the older I get.

So glad you’re all doing well and staying warm and thawed.

Outlaw.. wouldn’t be surprised if the whole 1914 date gets dropped. They’ll come up with some amazing BS as to why and they’ll be so grateful that Jehovah finally knows how to predict prophecy. SMH LOLOL!!!!

Peace and love to you all today and to your households,
Your sister servant and slave of JAHeshua,
kim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:39 am 

Hey Kim!

Meh...We`re Canadian, we`re used to extreme Weather...
It`s only a few months until Forest Fire Season....Yippie!...LOL!!

Well something is up with 1914, it was announced at a Spanish assembly..
I`m told the speaker was visibly shaken...The other side of this is, maybe the translation given to me in English is Mistranslated or something is lost in translation..
So I`m waiting on an announcement in English...
This announcement is Too Big, to Get Wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:48 am 

Good Morning everyone
I just found this post now several days later. Thank you Shelby so much for asking about us way up North People. All I can say is I HATE WINTER if I was mobile and richer I would spend January and February somewhere down south, its just too cold and depressing here those two months.

We are in a deep freeze here in Ontario Canada, its been 0 F every morning for the past 5 days and before that a week of snow, freezing rain and rain so the driving and getting around is treacherous. However we haven't got it near as cold as out in Saskatchewan and Alberta with -40 F UGH. Anyway it only lasts a few months and I just don't go anywhere, I stay home and its safe and warm in the house. My John works two days a week at a Hardware store 65 miles away from us and he couldn't get to work because of a blizzard two days last week, then on Tuesday this week he got up to go to work and the car wouldn't start and he had to boost it, his hands were frozen. The car heater wasn't working and it was snowing hard again and slippery on his drive there, he certainly has been suffering with the cold.

Good to know you are all okay and great to hear from some of you.
Hugs from Zoe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:42 am 

Thanks for the update, dear Zoe (peace to you and dear John, sister!). Please tell John to take care out there - I trembled for him when it looks like he finally got the car started and actually drove the 65 miles?! Dare-devil, he - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you ALL!

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:21 pm 

The real cold is gone...

Now it`s a Bit of a Heat Wave...14F... :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:55 pm 

It’s 21 F here right now, Wow as you say Outlaw a heat wave.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:58 am 

That is SO funny, to me, dear Sher'f and Zoe (peace to you, both)!

It's about 53 degrees out here (BRRRRRRR!!!!), and cloudy (ARGGHHH!!), with a rain storm coming (I LOVE rain; it washes everything clean but I can't WAIT for the clouds to move on (SO "gloomy"!!) - LOLOLOL!

Sadly, I'm a (very) spoiled (weather-wise) Cali girl, ya'll, sorry. I don't like cold and I don't "do" snow (not if I can help it, anyway. Braved it once or twice while visiting dear Kimmie and Finalcall (peace to ya'll) when they lived further "up north" but SO glad they (finally) moved down here - LOLOLOLOL!.

Ah, well. Since I know this isn't ya'll's first (or second or 100th) ride at the frozen rodeo, I'm sure you'll do okay.

Peace to you all and to your dear households!

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:20 pm 

Okay then,

Never get to complain about being cold LOLOL!
Kuddos to you all!

As Shel shared, peace to you my sister, we lived in snow country for 32 years. Wasn’t so bad when a whole lot longer. But now!!? The joints are hurting much more lol!

Glad y’all are safe and warm!

Peace and love to you ALL,

Your sister servant and slave of JAHeshua,
Kim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:05 am 

Peace to you all,

And HELLO PAULA! Good to hear from you!

So now we are in this crazy week(s) of warmth (not complaining). All our snow is melting. One of those little mulch bugs made its way into the house. I found it on the kitchen floor. That means outside bugs have woken up over the past week. Bugs that we shouldn't be seeing for a couple more months at least. They're all going to freeze when this warm spell ends. Though the next two weeks of weather only have us going as low as - 3 or - 4 C. That's pretty cool (no pun intended).

Love to you all!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:05 pm 

We're in the midst of a Level "4" storm here, dear Tams (peace to you, dear sister!), which is almost unheard of. We get Level "1s" all the time and Level "2s" frequently. But they broadcasted we were to expect a Level "3" and flashed all kinds warnings to stay inside and off the roads. They even closed many roads. As we speak, SoCal is on even higher alert for what's still coming.

A LOT more rain (due to an "atmospheric river") coming and so (more) flooding and mudslides... along with more downed trees due to high winds (55 mph here and up to 72 mph in some places) anticipated.

Personally, I love when it rains, even a lot, because we need it. It tempers the drought conditions AND the potential fire season hazards. I just hate it for those negatively impacted, from those living in tent camps, to animals and pets not properly sheltered/taken inside, to those whose person or property is harmed.

But... while it's wet, it's not as near as cold as where some of you are. So, I can't complain.

Peace to you ALL and to your dear, dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ -

Shelby