xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:46 am 
Site Admin

QUENDI SAID

Away back in 1979, the city of Bessemer, Alabama had an old high school it wanted to get rid of. The city was so desperate to unload the building that it had a cut-rate, dirt-cheap asking price. Finally, Jehovah's Witnesses expressed interest, put down $1500 in "earnest money" and negotiated the purchase of the entire complex.

The school was falling apart, and parking was very limited. However, the city of Bessemer leased a vacant nearby lot to the Witnesses for $1 a year and the faithful went to work. In a matter of a few short weeks, the school auditorium and cafeteria had been renovated, and the new Alabama Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses was in business.

Classrooms were given makeovers, a caretaker couple moved in to look after things. An entire congregation relocated to the school using it instead of building its own kingdom hall. Circuit assemblies were held and even weddings celebrated there. I remember having wonderful meals for both breakfast and lunch during circuit assemblies as a close personal friend of mine--one of the best cooks in all of Birmingham--was put in charge of the kitchen and prepared the most glorious food for the friends. We had well-balanced, three course meals during assemblies.

Now, after more than thirty years of operation, it may all be ending. The city of Bessemer needs a new city hall. Rather than build one, it is looking at the Assembly Hall and a large church as the location for government offices. The Witnesses are asking $1.4 million for their building--down from the original $1.8 million asking price--but still a profit of well over $1 million for the original selling price. The Witnesses stand a good chance of making the sale in light of all the substantial improvements and upgrades they have made over the years--all with volunteer labor. I'm sure the church is a nice building too, but maybe not as nice as the Assembly Hall.

If the sale is made, not one red cent will stay in the community. All the money will be sent to Brooklyn to swell WTS bank accounts there. This is the modus operandi nowadays. The organization is selling its substantial real estate holdings around the world and pocketing the proceeds without a thought about the impact on local economies. From branch offices down to kingdom halls, the Society is selling property and taking the money away from the host area and keeping it for itself. If "The End" is as close as they keep claiming, why would they be so consumed with padding their bank accounts? Who is really profiting from these sales? What is being done with the money and why is there no public accounting of it? Comment is certainly invited.

Quendi

Ad astra per aspera.

Site Admin

CRIMINY SAID

Please don't take this as a defense of ANYTHING the WTS does, thinks or says because I would NEVER!

But...

How else would a situation like this proceed? The city didn't want it, dumped it for cheap, now the city wants it and the current market value is $1.8 million. That's just business. Corporations buy and sell in other communities with profits going to HQ all the time.

The only rat I smell here is in that we all know the local area brothers and sisters pay for the purchase/building/renovation of their own assembly and kingdom halls. If they ever build another assembly hall in that area, the money should be used for that instead of tapping the locals for more money. If no assembly hall is to be built, again, how else would a situation like this play out?

"Brother Jones, you donated $500, so here, you can have that back."
"Sister Smith, here's your $250."... and so on.

The only fair way to handle that money would be to buy, build or renovate kingdom halls in that circuit with the money from the sell of the old school house. That won't happen, of course, and now we have a good old fashioned Watchtower scam.

Site Admin

QUENDI SAID

Hi Criminy,

I entirely understand what you're saying about the possible assembly hall sale in Bessemer. My trouble with it rests on these points. First, this sale is part of a worldwide pattern the WTS is following. Local buildings are being put up for sale for no reason other than to pocket the proceeds. Branches in Ireland and New Zealand are also on the market in those countries with the money not being disbursed among the Witnesses there but instead being sent to Brooklyn. Second, in the Bessemer case, with no assembly hall, where will local Witnesses meet in future for circuit assemblies and special assembly days? Will the WTS then propose another property be purchased and a new building raised there with volunteer labor and donated materials? Why sell a perfectly good building and then ask for funds for a new one?

Quendi

Ad astra per aspera.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:47 am 
Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Hello guys

I do agree it is just business. Anybody else would do the same thing.

But thats the problem at the same time. It's ALWAYS truly about business. They are "the hired man" (corporation)

And this Harlot (professed annointed) is the reason the masses of people are donating all their resources time, energy (free labor) to this entity. This entity has promised its members everlasting life (on earth) through them and them only!

Its alrerady been fortold my brothers and sisters.
Revelation says, "The kings of the earth are made rich on account of her!"

Nothing is going to change until Jah puts it into the heart of this beast to turn on her. In his due time. Will we have gotten "out of her"?????

With Love and peace
justmom

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Makes ME sick to my stomach, actually (peace to you all!) because:

1. It IS business. Which "everyone" WOULD do... except those who truly belong to Christ. Because... where is Christ in THAT? How many real estate deals on the backs of his followers did HE make? How many physical "halls" did HE build, using the uncompensated labor of his disciples, let alone sell at a profit? When did HE put ANYONE to work without even a PROMISE of pay?

2. They are making a killing... OFF FREE LABOR. And if anyone thinks it wasn't SLAVE labor... they're fooling themselves! Do we REALLY think those poor folks who donated their money and time in the first place had a CHOICE? Sure, no one MADE them give. Just worked on their consciences so that they all felt "compelled" to do so (what anyone with a rational mind would call "guilted" into doing so. Okay, so mental slavery isn't as heinous as physical slavery... but it does great harms, too!

So, yes, they abso-frickin'-LUTELY should give the money back... WITH interest:

"Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount. [Jesus] said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:8-10

ESPECIALLY if they claim to follow Christ, which we know is LIE - Christ would never have led them, had them, or TOLD them to do such a thing - indeed, he beat the money changers FOR similar conduct! Thieves they are... technically AND literally. Indeed, her sins amass... clear up to the heavens!

They should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Unfortunately, they don't have the wherewithall to FEEL shame. THEIR "form" of "godly devotion" doesn't allow for it; rather, it proves FALSE to its proclaimed "power"... which is love. That's why they're nothing more than filthy imposters, devouring widows houses...

Hence, the call to "Get OUT of her, my people... lest YOU do not want to SHARE in her sins... and receive HER plagues!"

May those with ears hear... and make a hasty retreat... so as to get away safe.

Again, peace to you all!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

OUTLAW SAID

Good post Shelby!..

Slavery is right..and
Look at the words the WBT$ uses..

Overseers..Field Service..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:48 am 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
Quote:
Look at the words the WBT$ uses... Overseers..Field Service..

EGG-ZACK-LY, dear Outlaw (peace to you!). Praise JAH some of us woke up/were awakened!

No, worries, dear Skall (peace to you, chile!): I have great "gag" control - LOLOL! While it makes my stomach sick, I've learned to take deep breaths to keep from losing MY cookies over it! Nausea, yes. Hurling, nahhhhh. LOLOLOL!

As for continuing to deal with it, well, for me it's not much different than dealing with other kinds of "odors" that turn MY stomach, but appear to be "perfume" for others: you do what you gotta do and to each his/her own. So, I'm good!

But thanks for the "gifts" - LOLOL!

Peace to you, both!

A slave of Christ,

SA