xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ..Bizzare Wedding..
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:03 pm 

Quote:
New York Post
Bride dies of heart attack at her wedding in India, so groom reportedly marries sister.
By Lee Brown
June 2, 2021 | 3:49pm | Updated

A bride collapsed and died at the beginning of her wedding in India — so the groom married her younger sister instead after the body was moved to another room, according to reports.

The bride — only identified as Surbhi — collapsed of a heart attack while exchanging traditional garlands with husband-to-be Mangesh Kumar at the start of their ceremony Thursday, according to News18, citing the Indo-Asian News Service (IANS).

She was pronounced dead by a doctor who raced to the festivities in Samspura village in Uttar Pradesh, the report said.

“We did not know what to do in the situation. Both the families sat together and someone suggested that my younger sister Nisha should be married to the groom,” the women’s brother, Saurabh, told IANS.

“The families discussed the matter and both agreed,” he said.

“It was a bizarre situation as the wedding of my younger sister took place while the dead body of my other sister was lying in another room,” he said, according to the Times of India.

After the joy of the wedding, the family immediately held last rites for the dead bride-to-be, the report said.

“It was a tough decision for our family,” one of the women’s uncles, Ajab Singh, told IANS.

Your sister dropped dead...
..........Lets get Married...Try Not to Trip on Her.

Post subject: Re: ..Bizzare Wedding..
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:09 pm 

Peace to you, dear Sher'f, and well, I mean, the wedding had already been paid for, right? And the husband to be couldn't be left without a bride... else he'da had to pay back that dowry/bride price (and SURELY, he/his family wasn't going to let THAT happen!).

I just hope the younger sister was "down" with it (poor thing, if not) - LOLOL!

Thanks for sharing!

YSFS of Christ,

Shelb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:37 pm 

LOL!!@Shelby!!

Dead Bride in the other room.
While the Groom decides on one of her sisters with a heart beat.
Then marries her on the spot.
And...
Everyone is good with that!
Then they Party!! :8O

Now That`s Cold...LOL!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:37 am 

Not so sure groom OR sister were "okay" with it, dear Sher'f (peace to you, luv!): in India, most marriages are arranged and stand as contracts between the FAMILIES. So, if a daughter-in-law was promised (and paid for), then a daughter-in-law must be produced. And if a son-in-law was promised, then a son-in-law must be produced. My understanding is that very few brides/grooms have much, if any, say so in the marriage arrangements for the culture.

Now, the TIMING... well. Most probably, both families had put up every dime they had as the more elaborate the wedding the more lucrative the wedding GIFTS, including money to offset some of the cost. No wedding and families are completely stuck with the bill.

I get it: deceased bride in the other room all the while. I guess, for them, while she did leave him at the "altar", it wasn't because she chose to. Also, they burn their deceased, preparations for which probably take some time. And they most probably weren't too rich. Well, not enough to pay someone to take the deceased away to "chill" for a bit (pun totally intended).

In the US, people leave their intended at the altar all the time and by choice - LOL!

Peace to you!

YSFS of Christ,

Shelb