xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:09 pm 

Quote:
Fox Business
Coca-Cola staff told in online training seminar ‘try to be less white'.
Coca-Cola raised some eyebrows this week for promoting an online training seminar that urged employees to “try to be less white” in order to combat racial discrimination.

Slides from the training seminar shared online this week featured tips on how to tone down whiteness.

To read more.
Click the Link Below:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjy-Z2WzIDvAhUJr54KHUcwB78QFjADegQIARAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxbusiness.com%2Flifestyle%2Fcoca-cola-staff-online-training-seminar-be-less-white&usg=AOvVaw36bmRcqfF-9c3iUe7Tmi-o

??????????????????????????????????
If that isn`t Racisit I don`t know what is!

How about if I tell the people I care about to be:
Less Black.
Less Japanese.
Less 1st Nation Indian.
ECT..Ect..ect..

Hey Coca-Cola!
How about you take your Racist Message and "Walk West till your Hat Floats!"
And...
Take the Rest of the Racists with you!!

Bunch-a-DumbAsses!...
*mumble..mumble..mumble*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:51 pm 

Coca-cola was not the first nor will they be the last.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:00 pm 

A Chinese friend of mine owns a hotel here in BC.
She`s also one of the Chefs at the hotel.
She makes some of the best Chinese Food you`ve ever tasted.

You know what would happen if I told her to be Less Chinese?
I wouldn`t get the huge portions I usually get.
Worse...

She`d put Ketchup on my Chicken Chow Mien!
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm 

Where’s BC at?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:14 pm 

BC = British Columbia, Canada.

"Royal Canadian Mounted Police"...

Canadian Whiskey "Crown Royal"

My Dog...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:52 pm 

Oh ok! Never been there. I’m sure it’s better than California.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 am 

Quote:
Oh ok! Never been there. I’m sure it’s better than California.....C&DL

I live up country, it`s awesome here.
Lots of room to live, not much pollution.

California Weather from Spring to Fall.

North Pole in the Winter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:02 am 

What food dish is Canada known for?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:16 pm 

Quote:
What food dish is Canada known for?.....C&DL

Anything you can throw on a BBQ...

This Artery Clogging, Heart Stopping, mess.
(I`d rather Eat an Old Running Shoe.)
Poutine...

To see more Traditional Canadian Food.
Click the Link Below:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiQkd7Fi4PvAhWVqp4KHacYAbUQFjAHegQIBhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hostelworld.com%2Fblog%2Fbest-traditional-canadian-food%2F&usg=AOvVaw1k47fny5flge26Z7gxbHrk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:43 pm 

Traditional BC Dish...

BBQ`d BC Salmon...

Meant to be washed down with.
Canadian Beer...

In Canada.
Beer is it`s own Food Group.
AND...
One of the few things we can`t BBQ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:15 pm 

Alright, simmer down, you two (and peace to both of you, dear Sher'f and C&DL) - Coca-Cola isn't calling for their employees to be less white (Oh, c'MON - REALLY, you guys??). Per the article:

Quote:
In a letter to Fox Business, the soft drink giant said the slides being attributed to a Coca-Cola training program “are not part of the company’s learning curriculum.”

The information comes from a book called "White Fragility" by Robin DiAngelo, PhD (https://www.robindiangelo.com/publications/), a HIGHLY-educated WHITE woman (https://www.robindiangelo.com/about-me/). Information about the book is often included as an "additional resource" to MANY corporate diversity trainings. It is not included as PART of their training, nor is it "required" reading. It's just made known that it's out there, if one is interested. Why?

1. Dr. DiAngelo is not only highly educated, but AN EXPERT on the topic of diversity; and
2. She is also an expert on why/how white people "don't get" a lot when it comes to racism; and MOST IMPORTANTLY
3. Because... MANY... and even highly-educated... WHITE people wanted to become "woke" and learn what THEY could "do" to combat their own racism as well as to make others (non-whites) "feel more comfortable" with/around them.

I have seen this "training" on the Internet and I can't imagine that a company as global as Coca-Cola would use an unrelated (to Coca-Cola) Internet campaign as part of their internal training curriculum. Such companies virtually always develop their own, for the specific audience that is their (Coca-Cola's) employees. As the article further states that Coca-Cola stated:

Quote:
It noted that the training is publicly available on LinkedIn, and includes a "variety of topics, including on diversity, equity and inclusion.

So, what happened? One of two things, the latter of which is most likely (and the most concerning):

1. Some employee trying to set Coca-Cola for a lawsuit; or

2. Someone, perhaps with a grudge against Coca-Cola, is using that company to "gas light" white people in order to get them to become even MORE paranoid as to non-white people. Because this is how many conspiracy theories start: someone creates false rhetoric because they KNOW there are people out there who are suspicious of EVERYTHING (I am SO glad Dominion is suing everyone it is, including Mr. Trump... and for billions. It SHOULD).

How can we KNOW, though, that Coca-Cola isn't promoting such a thing? Two reasons: nobody marched in the streets over it. And were it true, as large as Coca-Cola is... there would have been a march SOMEWHERE... and even more likely, strikes. Worldwide! Also, what, were only the white employees given this training? What, did they go through their employee files and say, "Oh, yeah, let's just Tim, Dave, Steve, Don, and Mike, you know, 'cause they're white, take this training!" C'mon, you guys... REALLY??

Another reason: it was reported by FOX NEWS. Not NPR, not ABC News, or CBS News, or MSNBC News, or the BBC, or the NY Times, or the Wall Street Journal... etc., etc, etc, Fox News. CONSIDER the source! I watch ALL news outlets, including Fox, and one thing I've noticed with them: they NEVER acknowledge the truth about racism (indeed, they often fan the flames, as they are with this idiotic reporting)... unless they've been blatantly shown as wrong about something. Then, they jump on the bandwagon and act like they were on the right side all along. Look at their early position about COVID - They were on the frontlines of saying it was a hoax, it wasn't anything to worry about, masks were not needed, etc. [And no, I am in no implying that Foxes' arch-rival, CNN, is better. They get on my nerves, too, sometimes - especially Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo. But a good deal of their news is more accurate than a good deal of Fox News'.]

Anyway, you two have actually just "proved" some of what Dr. DiAngelos observed and so her book says you might want to do:

"BE LESS DEFENSIVE."

I mean, goodness gracious. I have to absolutely agree with her (and it is not racist on my part to do so), but I find certain "white folks" (and particularly those who live in more rural areas) VERY defensive. About almost EVERYTHING. WHY??? Why jump to a defensive conclusion... before even researching the issue to be sure it's true/accurate?

Ecclesiastes 7:8, 9 "burns" within me, right now. I mean, failure to heed this "wisdom" is how ALL absurd conspiracy theories come about. I mean, the entire GLOBE is in on a conspiracy to pretend people got sick and/or died and so everyone businesses/schools/churches should closed for a time, people should wear masks, social distance, get vaccinated? EVERY country was in on it??! Well, lead me to the person who was able to get enemies as well as allies to ALL agree and accomplish THAT feat. Absolutely ridiculous. I mean, not only did Donald Trump and Boris Johnson, two world leaders, get the virus, and Herman Caine (and many other famous people) DIED from it... but both Kim Jong Un and Vladimir Putin haven't been seen by ANYONE except via remote for almost an entire year!

Please, please, please... I know our policy is that one can post virtually another here so long as it's not insults, name-calling, threats, illegal, bullying, harassment, etc. So be it. But it breaks my heart that a board where the primary purpose was to be a place to discuss TRUTH has had instances where the "truth" wasn't even a real consideration. Rather, the sensationalism, OMG-moment, and intention to provoke ("Did you hear about this??!") seems to take the stage.

Let's not, shall we? We have enough out in the world we actually live in to deal with without sharing false propaganda and rhetoric that while WE all might not get offended, someone who is reading here and doesn't know "us" might... as well as might use such falsehoods to foment their own paradigms, even negatively.

Please... research things like this, first, and make sure the accusations are accurate. Because not doing so can cause unknowing people to be suspicious of others (who mean them absolutely NO harm), as well as give the impression that we, here, have such suspicions, as well. While our dear Lord was a Jew he did not and does not promote division on that basis. He "separates" based on how ones treat others, particularly his brothers... regardless of whether they are Jew, Greek, slave, free man, male, or female.

I'm sorry if this is more than any might want to hear, but it is VERY concerning to me. These days, I hear of and see news stories of people battering elderly Chinese people because Mr. Trump kept emphasizing the "China Flu." Well, while I do know that Chine was conducting experiments at the laboratory in Wuhan, a team of US scientists were a part of it (the US government approved that because they wanted the experiments conducted... but no on US soil). Even still, China said it got to their country from 2 US Naval ships. Interestingly, we know for a FACT that at least one US Naval ship had a HUGE outbreak.

But personally, I think it was here in the US long before November 2019, as I shared on the other thread. And in thinking as to how my daughter may have gotten it, I can think of only one way: a friend who went on a cruise.

Let's not be a forum of conspiracy theories. We're better... and smarter... than that. And, we have a better Source for truth than people who promote such.

No need to respond; no need to apologize; ALL is well. But please... let's be very careful here.

Thank you and peace to you all, and to your dear, dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:21 pm 

Quote:
Snopes
Did Coca-Cola’s Diversity Training Tell Workers ‘Try To Be Less White’?
Opponents of critical race theory and diversity training railed against Coca-Cola in February 2021, but with no real evidence.
by Dan MacGuill
Published 22 February 2021
Updated 23 February 2021

Claim
Coca-Cola's diversity, equity, and inclusion training contained slides which read "Try to be less white."

Rating
Mixture

What's True
Screenshots shared widely in February 2021 were authentic snapshots of a real online course on LinkedIn, featuring Robin DiAngelo and entitled "Confronting Racism."

What's False

However, the presence of a Coca-Cola logo in a screenshot taken from LinkedIn does not prove that the video course featuring DiAngelo was required viewing for Coca-Cola employees. Coca-Cola has explicitly denied that the course, which included a section entitled "Try to be less white," was part of the curriculum for its mandatory diversity, equity, and inclusion training.

What's Undetermined
We have not yet been able to corroborate Coca-Cola's denial.

Who all reported the "How to be Less White" story:
Coca-Cola faces backlash over seminar asking staff to 'be less ...www.independent.co.uk ›

Coca-Cola staff told in online training seminar 'try ... - FOX 5 DC

Coca-Cola staff told in online training seminar 'try to be less ...Fox business

Coca-Cola diversity training urged workers to be 'less white'....nypost.com

Coca-Cola slammed for 'blatant racial discrimination' - NZ .....www.nzherald

Coca-Cola is facing backlash after anti-white rhetoric.....www,radio.com

Coca-Cola Speaks Out: 'Be Less White' Training Program ...Newsone.com

Did Coca-Cola have a 'how to be less white' training? - The Sun

Woke Coca-Cola Tells Its Employees 'Try To Be Less White'.....fitsnews.com

Coca-Cola, Facing Backlash, Says 'Be Less White' Learning ...newsweek.com

Coca-Cola is accused of reverse racism for sharing a video ...www.dailymail,com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:38 pm 

Anything with gravy looks good.

And Pepsi is better anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:09 pm 

LOL!!
That gravy is covering fries, bacon, cheese and anything else greasy.
You`ll fall face first into your plate, clutching your chest in pain, after your 2nd helping.
I do love gravy though.

This guy won`t be having a 3rd helping...

I like Coke...But...
This is the Wrong Way to Enjoy It.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:21 pm 

Info re news outlets noted, dear Sher'f (thank you and peace to you, luv!).

I still think "we" should be careful in saying (or pushing others' saying) that "Coca-Cola" is requiring, forcing, calling for employees to take that training. Again, it is (well, was - they've taken it down) on LinkedIn which has MANY members... and many companies use that platform for employee trainings. However, as Coca-Cola stated, that training is NOT part of their learning curriculum.

And just because the computer monitor shows the Coca-Cola logo doesn't mean Coca-Cola required, called for, forced... or even knew... an employee to check out that training, any more than the organization I work for would if I visited LinkedIn and checked out something there. It's not part of my organization's training curriculum but as a (former) LinkedIn member (they automatically sign you up based on your employment position, so you have to close the "account"), I absolutely could (have) access(ed) it using my work computer. To add to that, though, it is not reading suggested by black people for white people to read but by white people for white people to read. Not sure WHY, but perhaps because it's written TO white people BY a white person (and so, is that truly racist? If a black or other non-white person wrote the book... or even pushed it... it absolutely would be racist, yes. But that was and is not the case with this).

What bothers me, though, is that given the racial climate in this country (the USA) there are going to of course be white people who blame black people for it. That WE want white people to be "less white." But black people don't want white people to be "less white." We just want those people who have whatever biases against black people (and that includes some black people) to stop looking down on, mal-judging, criminalizing... and even killing... "us" just for being black.

What is occurring is that instead of doing that, taking their feet off our necks, some are purposefully creating a "reverse racism" culture by wrongly pointing fingers wherever they can. Look at how many jumped all over this without even considering whether it was a random employee trying to cause problems, either for Coca-Cola or even non-white people. Coca-Cola most probably didn't even know (and is probably now conducting an internal investigation to find out "who" put it out there). I promise you, though, it was NOT a whistle-blower. If it were, lawyers would be involved and on both sides.

Why, though, do we think there are groups like, say, the "Proud Boys"? "Proud" why? Because the message is that one should be ashamed to be white. Says who, though? Not black people (en masse). But someone is apparently pushing that rhetoric and using Coca-Cola to do it is absolutely kind of brilliant. I mean, who would care if, say, Mom and Pops' Coffee Shop had their employees view such a training? No one. Folks would be "Who? and who cares?" But Coke? Pointing attention to a global company of that status has MUCH more effect, does it not? But... the management of a company of that status has far more sense than to require their employees to even read such a book, let alone take a training based on it. EVERY large corporate has their legal team review human resources-related training materials. Coke would be no exception.

But let me put it this way: if someone accused you, my friend, of something that I KNOW you wouldn't do simply based on common sense if not my personal knowledge, I could remain silent and let them think what they will. If I knew, though, that some accusations actually have a dark ulterior motive and felt that the once against you was a setup of some kind... and a very insipid and menacing one... I would feel compelled to try and help that person see where they may have been misled.

My apologies for my chagrin over this but these days, racism/reverse racism... all of that muck... is SO prevalent and, in this country (and even more, the city where I live) dangerous. It is not joke. And when we "share" unsubstantiated "news" that has the potential to further fan such flames... my spirit just grieves.

As pretty much the only black person this forum (well, there's one other, but I'm the only one that people don't have to ask "what race are you?" and yes, I know, some may not think of me as black... but I definitely am)... I don't know if anyone else can truly understand how disconcerting things can be for "us." As such, I would just like to not have to worry about it, here. And so, going forward, I think I'll just not open threads that have anything to do with the world's racial issues. Too much for me, sorry.

But I hope that helps shed some light on my "feelings" about this particular issue.

Again, peace to you, my dear, dear friend and may JaH and Christ continue to bless you!