xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Silver
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:39 am 

I read this somewhere, I don’t remember where, but I really liked it and thought I’d share it here with you all. But first, “PEACE” to you as our Lord Jaheshua provides it. Here it is:

There was once a group of women studying the book of Malachi in the Old Testament. As they were studying chapter three, they came across verse three, which says: “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.” This verse puzzled the women, and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God. One of the women offered to find out about the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible study.

That week this woman called up a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn’t mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver. As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot – then she thought again about the verse, that he sits as a refiner and purifier of silver. She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.

The man answered “Yes”, and explained that he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left even a moment too long in the flames, it would be damaged.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, “How do you know when the silver is fully refined?”
He smiled at her and answered, “Oh, that’s easy. When I see my image in it.”

If today you are feeling the heat of this world’s fire, just remember that God the Father has His eyes on you.

- Unknown

Post subject: Re: Silver
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 am 

Thank you for sharing. May you also have the peace our Lord Jaheshua provides.
I found this interesting and encouraging.

Your brother Finalcall

Post subject: Re: Silver
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:49 pm 

Peace to you and THANK you for posting that, my dear brother

Not to take ANYTHING away from the gist of what you shared), when I read, of the silversmith's word:

Quote:
"When I see my image in it.”

I didn't get the "moral of the story" to be that if we are feeling the heat of this world’s fire, just remember that God the Father has His eyes on you."

For me, I thought, "YES!! When the silversmith see's HIS image!" Meaning, if JaH is the silversmith and we are the silver being held in the fire, then it's when He sees HIS image... our dear, DEAR Lord JaH'eShua... IN us... that we are "FULLY refined."

In which case, rather than being concerned about the "heat" of this world... I want to be of the mind and heart that says, "Yes! Go ahead, Father - Please! Bring ON the fire! And do not stop until you see YOUR image... your SON... the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, the Way, Truth, Life, and Light... JaH'eShua... IN ME. PLEASE! And please... PLEASE... DON'T take your eye off ME... until you SEE him... FULLY... in ME! PLEASE."

Dang the heat. HANG the heat. Bring the heat. If JaH and Christ are FOR me... WHO and WHAT, in THIS world can [prevail] against me???

As Paul wrote:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. ”No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, [i]will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ JaH'eShua OUR Lord. - Romans 8:35-39

I totally understand what the account might mean to you and others, my dear, dear brother. But it meant something else entirely for me.

Again, though, THANK you for sharing it and the GREATEST of love and peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel