xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Animals
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:34 pm 

Greetings: May you ALL have Peace as our Lord grants it.

On Sunday morning as I was lying in bed along with my four puppies, one of them, Layla, crawled up on my stomach and chest and just began kissing me all over my face. She’s the sweetest thing. All of my puppies are sweet, but there’s just something special about Layla that melts my heart and makes me love her all the more. Anyway, I’m talking to her and kissing on her too, and the question arose in my brain, Why are we (humans) superior to animals? And then more questions arose, we humans were created from the dust of the ground; the animals were created from the dust of the ground. We humans were given the breath of life; the animals were given the breath of life. With the exception of Noah and his family and the animals in the Ark, all flesh—human and animal—died in the flood; everything in the Ark—human and animal—lived through the flood.

And then I was reminded of what is written in Ecclesiastes 3:18-12:

18 I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals, 19 for there is an eventuality for humans and an eventuality for animals; they all have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust. 21 Who really knows whether the spirit of humans ascends upward, and whether the spirit of animals descends down to the earth?

If we humans are the same as animals in every way, why do we think we are superior when the text says that we are not superior. (Arrogance?) Is it because we have speech? Minds that think more and reason more? Hands with opposable thumbs? What? Animals communicate, think, reason. Perhaps not on the level of humans though.

Man was created to care for and to have the animal kingdom in subjection just as a husband is to care for and have a wife in subjection and JUST AS Christ is to have his Bride in subjection. Yes? No? Maybe? Does not the word “subjection” in all of these cases means exactly the same thing?

And yet, did not Christ say, “we are worth more than many sparrows.” If we are the same in every way, What is it that makes us worth more? Is “worth more” different from “superior”?

Trying to listen, but haven't heard the answer yet.

--Armand

Post subject: Re: Animals
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:05 pm 

Greetings and peace to you as well my brother,

Love all that you shared as a result of listening and smooching on Layla. She is truly a sweet baby!

Not sure as to the last question. " Worth more?" Maybe it is a word mistranslation thing? Maybe a different covenant thing?

But I have come very recently to appreciate more as to the animal kingdom. They are truly amazing, they teach us about love and loyalty and that they are not concerned with our outward vessel as to what it looks like. ( lol undress in front of them to take a shower and they don't bat an eye one bit) they don't care what you look like, how you smell or what you wear. They don't judge us but forgive daily.

As to THEIR worth? They were used as sacrifices along with other things to atone for humans and their sins prior to Christ. Their blood could cry out on our behalf. That has to account for how Jah views them. They definitely protect us and warn us as to matters. We just don't choose to always try and listen to them, the spirit in them therefore missing out on things because of the language barrier. But if we focused on the " spirit to spirit" language it would be clear/clearer.

So yes, great question!

There is also the prophecy in Joel where Jah says " in the last days, he will pour out some of His spirit upon EVERY SORT OF FLESH and they would prophecy etc..."

I would include the animals in this as well...

Peace and love to you all, your sister and fellow servant of Chriist, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:08 pm 

To whom did our dear Lord say those words, dear Armand (peace to you!)? ALL of man/humankind? Or those who belong to him, who make up his Body?

If the first group, then neither the Flood, the 10th plague, the exodus from Egypt, the crossing of the Red Sea... or even the Judgment... make sense. Because man AND beast either perished or survived.

If, however, he meant the latter, well, surely we can agree that AS part of HIS Body such WOULD be worth more than "many" sparrows. Not ALL sparrows, maybe, but many... because Christ himself is worth more than ALL. As part of HIM... and ONLY as part of him, does not a man's value increase?

Sparrows, even one, obviously have some value. Else why would the Father care for them? We should NOT conclude, though, that they have LITTLE value. OR less value than man. Only less than SOME men. Those who are separated from God. Just as any sparrow... or fig tree... that is separated from God.

A wife is not only to be in subjection to a husband, but that subjection is NOT how man... through religion... teaches it. That subjection is based on the need to be CARED for. Not all women ARE wives, however, OR need to be cared for, and so the teaching that all WOMEN are to be in subjection to [all] MEN... is absolutely FALSE. It (1) is a teaching of PAUL, related (2) to the political climate of the time, particularly related to the insecurity of JEWISH men, and (3) provided SOME protection from the Romans.

But it was never part of either the Old OR New Law.

Even so, that subjection was based on a system of reciprocity... and based on LOVE. A woman's subjection (to HER husband) was RECIPROCATED: in return for that subjection, a man was to love his wife... AS HE LOVED HIS OWN BODY. AS CHRIST LOVES HISBODY.

If, then, in [i]exchange[\i] for HER subjection to HER husband, a wife is ENTITLED to be loved by her husband AS he loves his own body... what, then, would an animal... who is deemed "in subjection" to man... be entitled to?

We can know the answer to ALL of these things, dear one, IF we have the mind... and heart... of Christ. And we can have such if we simply ask of... listen to... and put faith in what we hear from... that One. Versus leaning upon our own understanding.

I hope this helps.

As,always, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:49 pm 

So then, AS CHRIST LOVES, CHERISHES, CARES FOR, and HAS IN SUBJECTION his Bride and Body, a husband is to LOVE, CHERISH, CARE FOR and HAVE IN SUBJECTION his wife AS HE LOVES, CHERISHES, and CARES FOR HIS OWN BODY, and thus, mankind (and especially Christians) is to LOVE, CHERISH, CARE FOR, and HAVE IN SUBJECTION the animal kingdom AS HE LOVES, CHERISHES, AND CARES FOR his own body.

Creation—ALL OF CREATION—is all about love.

--Armand

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:19 pm 

And it should be about love, shouldn't it be, Armand?

God is love.

Peace and love to you, brother, and to you all,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:18 pm 

Greetings: Peace to you.

Today as I was eating lunch I was pondering over this post and another recent one and the Voice said (I paraphrase), “Do not worry, your animals will also be saved.” And then the Voice reminded me of the animals of the Israel at the time of the Exodus from Egypt. Note:

Exodus 8:20-23:
20 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning and confront Pharaoh as he goes to the river and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me. 21 If you do not let my people go, I will send swarms of flies on you and your officials, on your people and into your houses. The houses of the Egyptians will be full of flies; even the ground will be covered with them.
22 “‘But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the Lord, am in this land. 23 I will make a distinction between my people and your people. This sign will occur tomorrow.’”

Exodus 9:1-7:
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, says: “Let my people go, so that they may worship me.” 2 If you refuse to let them go and continue to hold them back, 3 the hand of the Lord will bring a terrible plague on your livestock in the field—on your horses, donkeys and camels and on your cattle, sheep and goats. 4 .’”But the Lord will make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and that of Egypt, so that no animal belonging to the Israelites will die

5 The Lord set a time and said, “Tomorrow the Lord will do this in the land.” 6 And the next day the Lord did it: All the livestock of the Egyptians died, but not one animal belonging to the Israelites died. 7 Pharaoh investigated and found that not even one of the animals of the Israelites had died. Yet his heart was unyielding and he would not let the people go.

Exodus 11:1-7:
Now the Lord had said to Moses, “I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. After that, he will let you go from here, and when he does, he will drive you out completely. 2 Tell the people that men and women alike are to ask their neighbors for articles of silver and gold.” 3 (The Lord made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and Moses himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh’s officials and by the people.)
4 So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. 6 There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.

Exodus 12:29, 31-38:
29 At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. 30 Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.

. . .

During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Up! Leave my people, you and the Israelites! Go, worship the Lord as you have requested. 32 Take your flocks and herds, as you have said, and go. And also bless me.”

33 The Egyptians urged the people to hurry and leave the country. “For otherwise,” they said, “we will all die!” 34 So the people took their dough before the yeast was added, and carried it on their shoulders in kneading troughs wrapped in clothing. 35 The Israelites did as Moses instructed and asked the Egyptians for articles of silver and gold and for clothing. 36 The Lord had made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and they gave them what they asked for; so they plundered the Egyptians.
37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Sukkoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38 Many other people went up with them, and also large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds.

I don’t know how this kind of thing will play out in the future, but we need not fear or worry about lives (human or animal) that belong to us.

And the Bride says: “Come take Life’s Water Free. . . .

--Armand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:45 pm 

And there you GO, dear Armand! S'what I been tryin' t'TELL ya'll, f'EVAH - NUTHIN to fear! THAT is what our FAITH is SUPPOSED to be ABOUT - LOLOL!

The GREATEST of love and peace to you, my dear brother!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:01 am 

Greetings and peace to you ALL,

Might be a whole new deeper meaning to this now?

John 3:16

" Jah loved the world SO much that he gave His only begotton Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

I used to think this only applied to humans but his love encompasses everything that his son came for remembering that all of the universes came into existence by means of Christ as the Light. And Jah sent Him then ( he was willing) and then in the flesh and he was willing.

Opens up even more of a greater appreciation on my part.

Thanks to you all, love your sister and fellow servant of His, Kim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 pm 

Peace yall....

My typo error ** meant to say universe not universes lol.
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:54 am 

Thank you Armand, I'm consoled by this thread.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:38 pm 

Peace to you all this evening,

Just a share to show how at least for me personally how much more respect I have for animals. They do so much for us, I wish more folks could understand this and treat them better.

Enjoy!

Meet the dogs that can smell out cancer...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/20/health/ca ... index.html

Kim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 pm 

And yet...

Quote:
Dampened enthusiasm

But more then 25 years later, the awesome smelling powers of dogs has not met with commercial success.

Dr. Sheryl Gabram thinks she knows why. The Emory University surgeon published a study four years ago showing that a machine, like a dog, could reliably detect the smell of breast cancer from patients' breath samples. Excited about their success, her team sought money for more studies. They failed.

"We submitted everywhere and could never get it funded to move the research any further," said Gabram, the surgeon-in-chief at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta and director of the hospital's AVON Comprehensive Breast Cancer Center.

The problem, she thinks, is that while cancer-smelling dogs (or machines) make for great headlines -- one of her own patients received a great deal of publicity -- it's not always easy to envision how sniffing out cancer could be used commercially.

"It would need a lot of years of study and a lot of development," she said. "It's still far from that. People just thought it was too massive to embark on." It's too bad, too, she said, because "I think it's an area of research that's still promising."

Sigh. Greed. Pure D. Nothing but. No matter about saving lives. Ridding folks of pain and suffering. No, gotta have a way to MAKE MONEY on it. THEN they'll back it. Damn "them."

Thanks for sharing this, dear 'Mom (peace, luv!). You KNOW I think puppies are AWESOME-SAUCE. Always have... always will.

Peace to you and your household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:31 pm 

Oh . . . oh . . . and don't forget: "They ALL drank from the Rockmass." And "that Rockmass meant the Christ." Yes!

For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.—1 Corinthians 10:1-4.

11Then Moses lifted up his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came forth abundantly, and the congregation and their beasts drank. –Number 20:11.

Sorry . . . I got excited!

Peace!

--Armand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:45 pm 

Armand wrote:
Oh . . . oh . . . and don't forget: "They ALL drank from the Rockmass." And "that Rockmass meant the Christ." Yes!

For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.—1 Corinthians 10:1-4.

11Then Moses lifted up his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came forth abundantly, and the congregation and their beasts drank. –Number 20:11.

Sorry . . . I got excited!

Peace!

--Armand

Oh my, I am so excited as well my brother! And we knew this! But just another layer of understanding of how wonderful and amazing our Lord and Father are always and always!

Thanks for sharing,
Love your sister and fellow servant of them, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:44 pm 

YES... dear Armand (peace to you, dear brother!). And just an animals were saved through the Flood... and through the exodus from Egypt... they will be again. Many believe man to be superior to beasts, but is he? Solomon didn't think so:

“As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same spirit; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is vanity. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?” Ecclesiastes 3:19-21

The way I see it, Balaam's little donkey could see what her master could not and so rightly stopped for the spirit standing in the road before her. Balaam, with his "blind" ass (and, yes, pun totally intended - LOL!), began to abuse her to try and get her to move forward.

Which was "superior", then?

Thank you for sharing more on this and peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel