xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Noah film
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:18 am 

Ok what on earth?!?

Its so far fetched its funny, the rock monsters? Hubby just asked me if they were angels sent to protect Noah, I don't know where to begin to explain the craziness.

If I'm honest I don't even know if the flood really happened, always viewed it as a WT story. But the film is interesting viewing lol

Post subject: Re: The Noah film
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:19 am 

The artistic license taken here was off the chain, dear WS ( mornin and peace to you, luv! ). Even the "christian" religions wouldn't back it. Crow tried to get an audience and the Pope's blessing. I think he got a blessing for himself and crew but don't think he got one for the film. I could be wrong.

I hated it, it was SO off (forget hokey rock monsters - a stowaway? Who turns one son against Noah? A conflict between Noah and another son so that that tries to LEAVE the ark? And only that one son with a wife...who gives birth... ON the ark... to TWO babies... twin GIRLS??? Where'd they GET this stuff????)

Ennywho...

Quote:
If I'm honest I don't even know if the flood really happened, always viewed it as a WT story.

We recently discussed the Flood, here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2123&start=15

You might note my reason for surprise in my post on Page 2. Your comment renews that surprise (in me).

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel,who does not wish to offend but must admit that it's often what folks "honestly" say that prompts me to question their faith and who they follow. Not just in this case but many times. Not to say my questioning is RIGHT... but just why I am compelled to DO so. Thankfully, most further explain/clarify so that my "questionings" are resolved. But this is why, for those who may wonder: the dichotomy of what folks SAY... and what... and WHO they say they BELIEVE (in). Just sayin'. And I don't think I'm alone. I think many non-christians think the same. But absolutely NO offense intended... as to ANYONE... and especially you here, dear WS. Just that caught me off guard, you did...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:20 am 

This film is causing me to scratch my head!

I haven't said that I don't believe and that's 100% final... I'm just not sure about a wooden ark full of animals during a raging flood. I lean towards a spiritual ark, but I'm most likely wrong.

I have never asked about the flood as I never gave it any thought, so I didn't know what our Lord believed regarding it. You don't ask you don't always know. I don't read the bible, I didn't as a JW, it distressed me greatly so I avoided it as much as I could. I would fake read a lot lol!

I only follow Christ, no one else.

I didn't mean to cause you surprise, I should really keep my inner thoughts to myself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:12 pm 

No need to keep your inner thoughts inside, dear WS (peace to you!), but please don't take offense that I am surprised. MY sincere apologies, though, as I have overlooked that some were in simply because their parents were... and so never really paid attention. My own children may of this group, so I truly apologize.

It greatly concerns me that folks say they follow Christ, yet don't know what HE believed. Isn't that an easy way to be misled? For instance, I (and/or others) could tell you he said/believed/taught ANYTHING... and you might believe it. Just because I/they said it. That's not a good thing, though, luv. I mean, even if you don't READ of it, should you not consider asking him directly? This is why I often post scriptures/verses: so that folks can know what is "written." But I shouldn't HAVE to do that for those in union with Christ... except maybe as a REMINDER (but not as initial information, because that's what holy spirit is for, yes?).

Your heart is GOOD, dear WS... and it is that kind of heart that the Adversary LOOKS for... TO mislead. Please guard it.

And please, don't stop speaking with freedom... and I will try to remember YOUR background.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:25 pm 

I was brought into it when I was three years of age... I would get so distressed at the bible book of stories and the bible I would pretend to read it so as not to absorb what I was supposed to be reading. I couldn't quote a scripture, the only books i could turn to were the ones which talked about our Lord. I wasn't a very good JW lol!

I ask before I believe anything written, I question everything. I guess that comes from being raised a jw I'm very cautious. If the Master says its true and explains it in way I can understand then I'm very happy with that, I don't take anyone's word for it just because they say so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:33 pm 

GOOD for you, then, luv (again, peace to you!). Again, I forget... there are some there who are not really "there." I've only learned of them through folks like you (who come out, eventually), but everyone I knew while IN... and coming OUT... claimed they knew what they believed in and who they followed. So, again, please forgive me for putting you in that group. You didn't deserve it.

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:39 pm 

It was funny because I had no idea. All I had was a fear of being burnt alive at Armageddon and being told I wasn't good enough because I didn't pioneer off the platform. When asked about what I believed in by my co workers, I would change the subject as I didn't know. My mind was drowning in things I couldn't understand because they made no sense. I used to pretend a lot and I did try hard to make it all fit but it would hurt my brain.

So glad I'm out of it and my brain hurts a lot less now lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 pm 

Quote:
I used to pretend a lot and I did try hard to make it all fit but it would hurt my brain.

Whoa. You know, I am now thinking that MOST did/do this (peace, luv!)!!! THAT would explain a LOT. But that also means a whole lot of folks are KNOWINGLY living a lie. Not the WTBTS lie... but their OWN lie. Whoa. Wake up call for the Shelbers... who really though most folks would have an aversion to living a lie. At least, that's the rhetoric...

Thanks for that, luv! Just now cleared some stuff up for me!

May I ask: did you KNOW you were pretending? NO offense, truly. I just wonder how many JWs are believing that they're NOT pretending... while they're pretending. Fascinating, if they are.

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:10 pm 

I pretended I knew the bible, I pretended I knew what the WT was all about, I was in turmoil over it all. There was a part of me telling me to 'get out, its all lies', then another part of me saying 'it must be true, your parents believe it'.

It didn't make any sense and I was so consumed with the 'fear' I was paralysed.

It was an awful predicament to be in. I didn't believe what they were teaching but I had a belief in God and I kept being told 'its a perfect organisation run by imperfect men'... Looking back now I could slap myself silly, I just needed to face the fear and get out!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:13 pm 

Oh, honey... you're still a young'un (peace!). You got out when you were wise enough to do so. Now, if you'd put in, say, 30 or more years AS AN ADULT... then, yeah, a slap... and a GOOD one... might have been warranted.

Peace!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:54 pm 

Haha if I had wasted anymore time in there, definitely a slap lol lol

I actually had friends still in after I had left who openly admitted they thought it was all rubbish. Stayed in to keep parents and spouses happy. They are still in and pretending they are super spiritual.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:05 pm 

Quote:
They are still in and pretending they are super spiritual.

Ahhh... so they're actually atheists pretending to be christians, then (not that I judge them... and peace to you!)? I mean, they certainly can't BELIEVE in God... if they are KNOWINGLY pretending to be "spiritual" - super or otherwise. Else, they would be MORE concerned about disappointing HIM in their pretense, than disappointing their parents by NOT pretending, yes? I mean, I know NOW that they might deny that, but that's what logic tells ME, anyway.

'Cause, I mean, they obviously don't give a hoot about that whole "He that has greater love for father or mother... than for me..." thing, yes?

Interesting.

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:16 pm 

Great conversation girls and......

I want to say hello g:) to you dear Watersprout and baby! Glad your here!
It is truly encouraging to hear all the differing kinds of " JWs " we all were, LOL!!!
Somebody can relate to everything somewhere... /:)
And that is the beauty of the body of CHRIST. We all bring something a little different,

Peace and love to you ladies, your sister and fellow of our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah, Kim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:09 am 

Hey Just mom *waves*

I have noticed a vast majority of xjws are atheist and on a forum I'm on, I think I'm the only one with a belief. Quite scary what the WT does as regards to destroying you having a faith once you leave... The whole JW.org propaganda with its badges and trinkets is a modern day calf, it sickens me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 am 

Watersprout, I was exactly like you as far as my JW experience. Became one when I was 3 because my parents got the "truth" then. I never paid much attention and just went along with it because my parents were witnesses and said I had too. I was a pioneer at 17 and didn't understand what I was preaching, and hated it. I left when I was 18 because I couldn't live a lie.

I am watching Noah right now on my computer, I downloaded it. Its very silly and morose so far. Yikes they lived in tents like nomads in a ugly rocky terrain like Afghanistan. You would think they would have lived in a nicer area.

It seems some of the animals were kind of prehistoric looking. He keeps seeing a flower that grows instantly when a drop of water falls on the rocky ground.