xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:14 am 

Although active vs. inactive is a VERY import piece of information, luv (peace!)... from a business perspective. In that light it translates into current and former CUSTOMERS. Just as that "total Memorial attendance" number includes POTENTIAL customers.

Don't let the smooth words... and taste... fool ya. Still lies (most advertising is). Still poison. Most lies are. Certainly their's are.

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:54 am 

The CO definitely has a lot of clout... even more so now as they are the ones who appoint elders. Those don't go through the service department anymore. I've seen quite a few CO reports, and I don't recall ever seeing a spot for number of anointed vs. other sheep. Being on the service committee, I've had to sign them before they go back to the branch. Doesn't mean the spot isn't there, just that I don't recall ever seeing it. I truly believe they do not send this number back the the branch, and that it's kept only at the local level.

Quote:
I mean, c'mon: are we to TRULY believe that an organization as METICULOUS about counting... time, members, literature placements, no. of congos, Bible studies, KHs, baptisms... and God knows what all else... DOESN'T keep METICULOUS track of the ONE number on which there very (false) premises are based??!

I know, right? But, this IS the case. Which is what is so mind-boggling about this entire thing.

Found a copy of the form from 1988. You'll need a magnifying glass, but there's no mention (that I could find) about anointed. Number disfellowshipped, disassociated, reproved, sure. Number of territories, magazines on hand, accounting stuff, sure. Number of anointed? Nope.

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/s-303-form-1988.html

And a more recent version of the report, part of the Menlo Park scandal/trial (see pages 12 and 13):
http://ex-jw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JasonCobb-pdepox-4-6.pdf

Again, no mention of number of anointed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:28 pm 

Maybe a "classified" report (peace to you!)? I mean, letters to BOEs have caveat post scripts so that the Congos aren't privy to everything. Maybe the CO report has a "Part II"? LOLOLOL!

I hear you, though, dear LQ. Just doesn't make sense... or smell right. Usually, when something smells rotten, there's a reason. Even if you can't SEE it (right away).

But you go head an' giv'em the benefit of the doubt. I learned to stop doing THAT a LONG time ago. Fool me once... and all that.

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:09 pm 

AnneB wrote:
The good news is that you have renewed contact with family.

The bad news is....count the cost. It's sad that the mom has cancer and that it has progressed to the stage where she must seek treatment so far from home. How convenient that you and yours live in the area!

Convenient if they can work on you for lodging (evenif a small sum is paid "to cover expenses" as well as for any additional accommodations such as rides to pick up and drop off the traveler(s), runs to the doctor(s), clinic(s), hospital(s), to stores for necessary items inconvenient for them to transport, refreshment(s) for the traveller(s), extra cleaning and preparation for stressed, exhausted, ill or taking care of ill "guests".

I sense a "family conference" in the making. The thing is, as much as a person (you) may want to help, or reason that such contact will spread The Good News, one's main responsibility remains one's own (nuclear) family, one's own household. Taking proper care, even part-time, of a person with a serious illness, is draining, both in terms of finances and wear & tear on household members. Even if you feel able to take on the extra load, does everyone else in the household, after reflection, feel the same way?

Back in the day when "family" was all a person had, there were no alternatives. Now we have insurance policies, home health care, visiting services, transportation services, hospital stays, convalescent care, and more. Many people are afraid to reach out for services, reasoning that they'd rather stay within the comfort of family. Even the sick person, though, needs to count the cost; the effect on helpers during and after the immediate situation. Counting the cost goes far beyond dollars and cents or emotional crisis. Love can mean protecting yourself and your household as well as extending appropriate assistance to others.

Forewarned is forearmed. I hope your visit with these relatives is both peaceful and productive. If, though, either on the initial visit or subsequent contacts, you must exercise humility in order not to exceed limitations, I hope that your loving spirit is met with acceptance all aound.

Peace!

Thank you Dear AnneB for the " heads up". Not thinking any of this will come my way but never know.
Appreciate your kindness and wishes for a positive visit.

Enjoy peace to you, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 pm 

God: "Noah, report"
Noah: "Preached to 230 people, engraved five messages in doors, left 18 banana leaves with messages on them, counted ninety hours from hut to hut"
God: "Really? Because i don't keep count of any of that"
Noah: "Just kidding. All i did was tar the ark this month."
God: "THAT i'll write down"
==========

if numbers are a sign of God's blessing
then the six million Mormons are just as blessed
and the billion Catholics are way way WAY more blessed

but the Society is still all about
showy display
"oh yeah? watch ME!!!
me me me me me me me me me!!!!!!!"

===========

anyhow,
a good news thread works for me
since i keep a good news folder in my bookmarks

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27008142

this link fooled me
since the photos i first saw showed only the grown-ups
"whoah! what big men there are on Kate's rugby team"

then the photo
panned down to the REAL players on the two rugby teams
little kids
looking like around six years old
and the pouting little girl on the losing team (white shirts)
just like my niece used to do when she was that little

very amusing

i've got both team photos as wallpaper now
on two of my computers

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 am 

if numbers are a sign of God's blessing
then the six million Mormons are just as blessed
and the billion Catholics are way way WAY more blessed

but the Society is still all about
showy display
"oh yeah? watch ME!!!
me me me me me me me me me!!!!!!!"

Agreed dear Wheels...

And the last I checked it is almost 14 million Mormons and 1.6 billion Muslims, so their numbers are even better than the WTBS. But the WTBS claims it is because THEY " are the truth " and that is the difference so it doesn't matter the population if its false teachings and predictions.

But how has the WTBS measured up with TRUE teachings and prophecy and dates, and listening TO and FROM our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah? One simple command to " eat of my flesh and drink of my blood in order to have life within yourself, a resurrection and to remain in union with Him" and it is one of the worst ( probably the worst) things one can do inside the Kingdom Hall in front of them.

Thank for sharing this, love and peace to you, Kim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:55 am 

Over 15 million Mormons now, according to their latest stats.

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/facts-and-statistics/

Regardless, their 83,035 missionaries far outpace the peak of 7,965,954 publishers in baptisms.
Mormons (2013): 282,945 (based on report in The Salt Lake Tribune . . . 3.4 baptisms per missionary)
JWs (2013): 277,344 (based on 2014 Yearbook . . . 0.034 baptisms per publisher)

Quote:
God: "Noah, report"
Noah: "Preached to 230 people, engraved five messages in doors, left 18 banana leaves with messages on them, counted ninety hours from hut to hut"
God: "Really? Because i don't keep count of any of that"
Noah: "Just kidding. All i did was tar the ark this month."
God: "THAT i'll write down"

Ha ha! That made me laugh!