xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My visit last weekend!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm 

Good morning/ afternoon to you ALL,

May you all have peace!

Last week I shared that I had visitors flying in and came to visit after not seeing them in about 17 years. Two fleshly sisters that were about 15 & 19 the last time it see them. They were JWs and we had just been disfellowshipped. They have had nothing to do with us since then. Although inside the WTBS we played a very influential part in their lives growing up and I studied with the older one as the elders asked me to take her under my wing and help her mother as a single parent.

So.........

They stayed with us the weekend. The younger found me on Facebook and befriended me and we have chatted there only. I noticed by pictures she was not a JW anymore. ( b-day x-mas pixs)
But I have seen this with many others to date and STILL they don't speak with me.
Because of course they can do these things, and as long as they at least attend memorial every year LOL, their not as bad as an apostate LOLOL!!!! //;)

They admitted there was still some fear to enter our home ( maybe bats and demons flying around!?)

But the weekend went FABULOUS!! Praise JAH and our Lord for sharing with these babies.

But of all the things that were discussed and scriptures shared.....

The point I want to emphasize on is this.

Many out there do not understand why some of us still use and quote the New World translation and reference.
Why would we use such a bible from the WTBS that we all agree is so wicked and lies!??

Well, for me personally I do not have a problem using and quoting from any translation. I'm free enough to do this.

BUT BUT BUT. ...

I have found repeatedly that when you are being used to help JWs or XJws see and understand how the society says and teaches ONE THING and does completely different, how they use verses and interpret them to their own understanding by twisting what Christ and the prophets shared...

You MUST use their own Bible! The road map (mentioned in the live forever book) that they are used to reading to help direct them.

That was one of the biggest advantage we had in sharing with them and they specifically said it. They said, " You came out of the bedroom with the NWT, reference bible, the Proclaimers book and concordance. You showed us from the bible we know and used our whole life and trusted. It was all language we knew and heard from the Kingdom Hall growing up".

They admitted had we used other bibles from other churches and not the NWT they would have been a little scared and unreceptive to the message given.

What we did read without the " middle man" and the WTBS interpretation shed a whole new light on what they read. They could not believe what they were seeing understanding that Christ needs only to be their ONE mediator, high priest and savior, not the governing body members. The youngest checked out the JW.org website because she couldn't believe they had a new bible. What she read and saw some of the verses that the society has changed blew her away. I can't use her exact language LOLOL...
But she said those bastards ( and that was being nice) would not have needed to do this unless they had a whole lot to hide and to further keep everyone ever more ignorant to control them!

In conclusion, the weekend was amazing and I am so grateful and blessed that hubby and I were able to share CHRIST with them.
And the emphasis they put on what made the different to them is we still used the new world translation to show them.

I wanted to share this so that anybody that still wonders why some of us including Shelby uses their translation so much in sharing. We are called XJWS for CHRIST!

The youngest sent me a text the next day that read, " Thank you again so much for everything this weekend. My eyes have been opened and I feel freed from the guilt. I'm blessed!"
May you have a wonderful day,

Your sister and fellow slave of Christ Kim :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 pm 

That's awesome! Glad you reconnected and had a positive experience!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:34 pm 

Good point about using the NWT Justmom; so glad your visit went well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:01 pm 

Well done to you Kim and to Final Call.

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:41 pm 

WHOOO-HOOOOO, dear 'Mom and dear FC! I know how jazzed you were, dear 'Mom (peace to you, both!)... and how much it means to you to have been able not only to reconnect with these young ladies, but also share some of our dear Lord's GOOD news with them! How kind and loving of him... and YOU two dear ones... to help put their hearts at ease!

PRAISE JAH... and may they keep in touch so that perhaps you can share even MORE... maybe even help turn their hearts toward him... and toward his flesh and blood!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:42 am 

Yes,

Would love to share more with them. My prayers are that they continue to seek, knock and ask that the door who is CHRIST be opened for them!!!

Love and peace to you ALL,
Enjoy your day Kim /:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:12 am 

I am so glad you were able to re-connect with them, and help them, and share with them about Christ, JM.

Definitely a good weekend visit!

Peace to you,
tammy