xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 pm 

Peace to you ALL... and hope you are all warm and well! Hope none of you are without heat or travelling, etc. Let us know how you're doing, if you can... stay warm... and don't let the weather get you down!! Weather "happens," it's no one's "fault" and if you don't have to be out in it, don't, so you (and others) don't come to harm! If you have to go out... please take care!

Peace... and hope you have some heavy drawers on!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar, who's been running the heat ALL day here, 'cause temps are in the low 60's and I've been FREEZING (and, uh, yeah, that's low 60's "ABOVE zero," but I'm true Cali girl, so whad'ya want from me - LOLOLOL!)... on her own...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:14 pm 

What's happening in the North East? I did hear from a few others that cold weather was coming somewhere, so is this a really bad storm, or unusually cold weather?

Either way, yes, be careful. Best not to go out if you don't have to.

And I hear you, Cali girl, lol. What we can take tends to be relative to what we are accustomed to ; )

Peace to you all,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:26 pm 

I prolly should'a said midwest, south, AND northeast, dear tec (peace, luv!)... as our country's apparently experiencing some unusually harsh/cold weather. Thought it might have some affect all the way up in Canada, so didn't wanna leave you dear ones out.

I realize summa ya'll consider our temp here in Cali as "balmy", but you're right: s'all relative, girl! LOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 pm 

Yes, 60's weather is balmy, I'll trade you your low 60's for our temp that's going to be around 13 tomorrow !
I'm glad I'm of a certain age, I've got my out of whack hormones to keep me warm, just had the window open. been sporadically opening and closing it all evening and will continue to do so while under the covers later on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:21 am 

The weather sucks big time this winter, they say its global warming causing all this extra cold weather??

Last week it was -30 Fahrenheit, then it warmed up to +20 Fahrenheit and then it snowed for 2 days and then freezing rain the night before last. Last night the temperature plummeted down to -20 Fahrenheit and the wind is howling, the now is blowing and drifting. Its hibernation time for me. UGH!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 pm 

So "cold" here yesterday and today, dear Miz Shirley and dear Zoe (peace to both you luvs!)... the puppies didn't even bug me to go out! They literally hibernated (winks at dear Zoe!) under their blankies ALL day. Yesterday, NONE of them sat in the front window (which is daily ritual for them!) and today, only Liyah did and only for short periods at a time.

All of you who are in the cold have my sympathies! Stay warm, stay dry... and STAY HOME, if you don't have to go out! Folks' getting into all KINDS of "mess" out there! It's just not worth the trip to the mall, ya'll! LOLOL!

Peace!

Shellamar, on her own

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:29 am 

Well, it was sunny and warm here in the valley today, I almost feel bad saying that LOL