xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:44 pm 

It's 50-something frickin' degrees here... I have the heater (almost) blasting... and I'm FREEZING! My fingers and toes are... SCREAMING! 'Cause they're flippin' COLD! Okay, they're not screaming, but they ARE "protesting," and not so "mildly"!

I can't even IMAGINE living where it gets so cold it snows! Visit... maybe. And then, just for a sec. Like in my 10-Step "I LOVE Snow" Program:

1. Put on a ton of clothes (thermals, then long-sleeved T, then sweater, THEN thick, heavy coat... and of course, long, thick socks, even two pair, if you can... and boots!)...

2. Get in the car/truck...

3. Drive around (meaning, let someone else do it!)...

4. "Ooh and ahh" at the "pretty snow" for a bit...

5. Park, get out...

6. Walk (or, if you're like me, slip) on the snow a little bit... pick it up and feel it... even throw a little at someone maybe...

7. Get BACK in the car/truck...

8. "Ooh/ahh" a bit more...

9. Get BACK in the house... maybe even by a nice fire...

10. All within, say, 30 minutes!!

Yep. MY ideal way to "enjoy" the snow!

MY ideal "paradise"? Where the climate is ALWAYS at LEAST 72 degrees and no higher than, say, 82 (case I wanna take a swim, go out at night, etc.). Although, neither would matter to an INcorruptible body, would it? Well, okay, I'm jus' sayin'. Nohmsayin'??

Peace... and let me tell you, it was almost PAINFUL to type out that word... so you KNOW the rest of it hurt! LOLOL!

No, seriously, dear chikkens... peace... and warmth, however you can get it... to you ALL!

Shellamar, on her own...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:01 pm 

Hey Shelby!..

You have to be prepared for cold weather..
Clothing,equipment,ect..ect..

Right now its warm here..Crazy!..
It`s not supposed to be warm right now..
No below zero,no snow,no ice..
I`m wondering if I`ll even have to use my snow equipment this year..
Even so,I have to make sure it`s ready..

................................... 8) ...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:16 pm 

So, for you "warm" means... what... 28, 38 degrees (Fahrenheit), luv? LOLOLOL!

Peace... and yeah, keep that snow-blower ready! 'Cause ya NEVER know!

YSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:36 pm 

LOL!!@(((Shelby!!)))..

Yes 38F is warm for here..Good guess by the way..LOL!!..
It should be 10-F to 20-F ..
It`s like friggin spring right now..
I may go cut the grass and put the garden in..LOL!!..

..................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 pm 

Shel, I hear ya!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how much I find myself putting the heat on in the middle of the day.
But, when I lived in it, you just get in a " mind set" you know there is nothing you can do about it, it's where your home is. But for a fact it is much easier on the body when you are under 50. Bones don't ache and hurt as much at least. :(

Stay warm my sista! Mañana
Love Kim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:40 pm 

OUTLAW wrote:
LOL!!@(((Shelby!!)))..

Yes 38F is warm for here..Good guess by the way..LOL!!..
It should be 10-F to 20-F ..
It`s like friggin spring right now..
I may go cut the grass and put the garden in..LOL!!..

There's no way dear outlaw......
Anything colder than 40...I'm whining! /:)

Love ya Justmom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:31 pm 

LOL... okay so I just switched my weather network over to farenheit... just to see. We are 28 F; I think yesterday we must have been around 38 F, and it felt like spring compared to where we WERE at ; ) Almost didn't need a coat to go outside. At the end of winter, when we're at that, people WILL be walking around in t-shirts.

I think the body just gets used to one thing, and any kind of change is felt pretty hard. Plus, Shelby, its not like you have any natural insulation on your body. I have an extra 15 pounds on me from a year ago, so, I am dealing with the cold MUCH better, lol.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:06 pm 

Umm-hmmm, well, now see dere, Sher'f dear (peace, luv!)... jus' wut ah thawts: 'bowt 38 d'griz n' so den col' as a... well, ya'll gwine n' put wut'CHU want raight dere! LOLOL!

Quote:
I can't believe how much I find myself putting the heat on in the middle of the day.

Ahhh, but wait a sekkin' now, 'Mom-gurl, deah (peace, m'sistah!)... cuz "dey" dun JUS' sed we'z 'bowt t' hav us sum rekkud HIZE! Lak in d' mid t' uppa sebm'nees!

Quote:
I think yesterday we must have been around 38 F... Almost didn't need a coat to go outside.

Almos' need a kote, tec deah (n' peace t'ya'll, too, chile!)? ALMOS'?? Lawd, ah needs me a kote win d'wethuh hits 60 d'griz owtsyd!! N' glubs if hit gits belo dat!! Almos' need a kote... gurl, hush yo' mouf!!

All ah noz raight now iz hits COLD... n' ah don' lak it WUN bit! So, brang on d'heat! LOLOL!

Ahh, well... piece t'all ya'll!

Yo sirvint n' a slav o' de Lawd Krise,

Miz Shebbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:15 pm 

50 degrees - cold ?? Oh please !!

Today in NYC it was in the mid 20's, had snow this weekend, supposedly gonna happen tomorrow, but the strange thing is at the end of the week we'll be hitting the 40s and 50s!

Gurl, if you're bones freeze at 50 degrees you're in the wrong part of Cali, you should be in LA !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:55 am 

Oh Shelby you are so lucky to live where you do!! It has been -10 degrees F here all week and snowing everyday. Brrrrrrrrr
It is very pretty but I am staying inside mostly with the heat on. I am afraid to see the Gas Bill this month.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:45 am 

Brrr! Had to scrape the ice of the car windows this morning. Roll on spring...

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:02 pm 

Well, maybe not LA (shudder, 'cept maybe to visit once't in awhile), dear Miz Shirl (mornin', gurl, and peace to you!)...

And, I hear you, dear, dear Zoe (mornin', peace, and how YOU doin', girl!?). And I'm afraid to see ours, too! Stays between $40-$70 bucks/month... 'til we runs da heat. Den... we lookin' at a MIN. $300/month! Our house is old and VERY drafty (remember, we got that honking huge crawl space underneath and NO carpeting!!), so I only turn it on if I must. Otherwise, I'm like, "Ya'll would want to put on some thermals, a sweater/robe, and some thick socks! And here's an extra blanket!" LOLOL! The kicker is... I HAVE to sleep with a window open, if only a crack (which two are, right now). I HAVE to have fresh (as in circulating) air, else I get a headache and nosebleed. Tried humidifiers, but they didn't make a difference; made it harder for me to breath, actually. Has to be "fresh" (mildly blowing, even) air. My BEST sleep is "vampire" style: pitch black, absolutely NO sound... and air so cold I can see my breath! Lots of blankets to stay warm, but gotta have that cold air for some reason! Weird, I know...

We rarely have to scrape frost here, dear Loz (mornin', dear lady, and peace to you, too!). Maybe a quick hit with the hose, but only 2-3 times a year. Well, so far. S'posed to warm up this week, though, so yeah, SO lookin' forward to that!

Ya'll stay warm now! Or, if you're the "I need'ta go swimming in icewater" kind of folk... go to it! Just, well, don't tell ME about it! LOLOLOL! No, seriously... I hold THOSE people in awe!! LOLOL!

Peace!

Shellamar, on her own...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:00 pm 

This makes me think..
........There must be No Guards at the Psychiatric Hospital..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 pm 

I sleep with the window open too, last night was in the 20s here, just opened about two inches though. My fresh air routine is a comedy act every evening, sit down watch TV, turn on heat, one minute later too hot and turn off heat and open the window, minute or so later I'm too cold so I close the window and turn on the heat again . .shampoo, rinse, repeat !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:13 pm 

Polar Bear Run ; )

Peace,

tammy (who broke her windshield wipers trying to force them to work despite the ice around them last week... and now that it is warm everything is melting... try driving in that slushpile with no wipers... sigh...)