xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:44 am 
Site Admin

CRIMINY SAID

This correspondence exchange with my nephew has been an eye-opener for me. Of course we talk about mental indoctrination on the boards all the time and even share our own stories of how our eyes became open one layer at a time, but watching it happen with my nephew is a lot different than talking about it or even experiencing it myself - given that I was too swallowed up in my own emotions to really observe the process.

I was angry. Oh, I was angry when I discovered how thoroughly duped I had been, how stupid and unscrupulous I had behaved while a member of that cult. Even as many times as I had shunned others while still one of The Governing Body's Witnesses, when my family did it to me after I disassociated I only wanted revenge. "How DARE THEY!!!" My clinical understanding of indoctrination was irrelevant. Who were THEY to judge me?

I see the layers peeling away from my nephew's mind and it has softened my attitude toward the rest of the family in ways I was not expecting. The anger has practically disappeared, replaced by a sense of understanding, acceptance and a willing patience.

The best word that describes it is, "refreshing."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:45 am 
Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Wow Yes Dear Crim,

A normal process for many of us. So glad you have a place to relate to.
Anger was mine also as I gave myself too much credit. Thinking "how could I have allowed myself to be fooled for oh so long. (my whole life)
It is truly a blessing to be able to watch someones eyes open to the real "TRUTH" (Christ) and be able to be an instrument in that.

Thanks for sharing
justmom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:45 am 
Site Admin

RED SAID

Thank you for this sincere post Criminy

Anger is one of the easiest emotions to feels towards the WTS and the roots that the society has sprouted. Others, like myself, have felt angry towards them. I later in life started feeling more angry because they brought pain to not just me but my ENTIRE family. Hearing about these situations is dramatic. Seeing them with our own eyes is Traumatic.
I truly feel for you Crim. If there is one thing I realized in my 21 years of life is that I have NO physical OR spiritual benefit from getting angry.
I give you kudos for recognition of the matter.

Letting the layers "peel away"

Prayers to all this Sunday

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:46 am 
Site Admin

WILLIAM

I was blinded by my anger, then annoyed at my own stupidity, then left holding nothing dear to me but the FSM.

When my eyes opened it was the best day and the worst day of my life.

Spiritually raped and left by the wayside. There was no TRUTH anymore. And, it left a gapping hole in my spirit.

The best way I learned to cope is through singing. Singing choral materpieces with a group completey void of denomination. It is more about art than perfection but this is where I've settled.