xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Jehovah found my dad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

NAMBO SAID

I did post this on JW Net and received so much hostility for it, maybe it will go down better here, maybe ones here would like to see that even though such things are so limited in Satans world, God does indeed sometimes reach through and touch us with his Love.

My parents split up when I was about 18 months old and I was given to my Grandparents, fine folk that they where but my Grandmother died when I was 3 so along with my Grandfather, we had to return to my Mother who had found herself a husband.

Said husband didnt consider having to have me when he got married so I was stored in my bedroom, from coming home to going to school, you can imagine what a paradise it was for me to be released from this lonely prison when I was 5 and put into a lovely Church of England Childrens Society home in the Kent countryside.

Unfortunately, this cost my parents £25 a month, so just before I was 8, I was returned to a life of neglect and physical violence, all I learned of Love was to be hated.

When I found the Witnesses at age 28, I also found God and his Love.

I had previously found the surname of my real Father, 3 in fact, in the telephone directory, none turned out to be he however, all I knew was that he was a German Chemist, Prussian in fact. I just had my fantasies that there was somebody in the world who would care about me.

One evening after the Tuesday night book study, I was particularly in awe of the way JW parents didn't seem to kick their children in the stomachs and it made me nostalgic for the Love of a family I never knew.

So I said to God, "wheres my Father, where are my Brothers and Sisters, why cant I have a Father like other people have",

Now I had gotten a job at the Commercial Union Insurance company via a Sister in my congregation, I had been there for a year.
That very next morning I turned up and the (so called worldly) girl opposite had no work in yet so was bored and playing on a system she had access to and I was unaware of,

so she asks, "who's name do you want me to look up"?,

I told her my Fathers name.

It came up on her screen, he had a policy with commercial Union.
When I told her what I had asked the previous night she said,
"Ive been used by God!"

We requested his policy bag as at this stage we didnt know for sure.

At a Sisters house and armed with his phone number, I had no phone, I rang the number, a little girl answered, a little girl who turned out to be a sister I didnt even know I had.

It was him, and God continued to answer my prayer as other Brothers and Sisters where revealed to me, one of which surprisingly, who is Swedish, it turned out she too had become a Jehovahs Witness.

Post subject: Re: Jehovah found my dad
Site Admin

? SAID

I am glad you found your father and new siblings as well.

Site Admin

TEC SAID

That is a great story to share with us! I'm glad you found them too.

Peace and love to you,

tammy

Site Admin

CRIMINY SAID

Nambo, that was a really cruel cliff-hanger.

Inquiring xjw's gotta know! Have you met? How are things progressing?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

That's a great moment of serendipity how on earth could you get a hostile reply with that story???

Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Thanks for sharing!

Site Admin

THESILENCE SAID

Quote:
Quote:
how on earth could you get a hostile reply with that story???

I could understand it if he made a poor, little old grandmother worry and pray for the return of a long lost uncle for the rest of her days... but that's not what this is.

Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

I am so happy for you, Nambo,
I got back a couple of my granddaughters this year. It is so wonderful to find people who love you. I am praying that you will have a wonderful relationship with your new family.
God bless you all!
Love and hugs,
Gramma Velta
God makes everything work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

NAMBO SAID

Quote:
Criminy wrote:
Nambo, that was a really cruel cliff-hanger.

Inquiring xjw's gotta know! Have you met? How are things progressing?

Well, first of all on the phone, when I asked him if he was my Father, he said no, but then he said he might be able to help me and suggested we meet.

When we met at his work, he right away said he was my Father but that he was "afraid of hoaxers"??

Anyway, we got on really well, he would always ring me though he kept me secret from his family at first.

When he retired he moved back to Germany and I would visit him each year, my Mother had finished with him because he was a "womaniser" which indeed he was, I have met quite a few half brothers and sisters, all from various marriages, at one stage 5 of us meet up along with their mothers though he was not there.

He has now moved to China however so not sure I will get to see him again.
Sad to say apart from my Swedish sister who also used to be a Witness, the whole rest of them havnt wanted to really keep in touch, I was particularly saddened about one of the sisters in Germany who I got on really well with, used to stay with, but when she got married I think she wanted to start again, she was the only one to be brought up by my Father, it came as a bit of a shock to her to keep finding out the extent of her Fathers exploits, so she washed her hands of the lot of us.

I still know of two other German sisters who I have never met.
One of the other sisters, also Swedish by a different mother, told me she used to avoid going out with boys because she was so worried it might be me because she knew about me from childhood.

Its all very strange, to be known by people you dont know exist and that are your fleshly relatives, we get lots of German tourists at work and Iam always looking at them, wondering if they are my sisters?

Father isnt too forthcoming about his history, which is possibly not surprising, I think he compartmentalizes his life and likes to keep all the bits separate. Even after I had met him it took him three years before he informed me his then current wife had had another boy.

I wonder if Ive got a Chinese sibling yet?

Looking back though, its nice the sister in Sweden with her two daughters who tell me Iam their favourite Uncle, they are growing up and have fled the nest now though, and its nice to know who you are, but it hasn't cured my damage, the nicest thing is to have had God himself do something tangible in answer to a prayer.

Site Admin

HABUB SAID

Nambo --- so happy you're safe and sound. Enjoyed reading your post.
Much love to you.

Site Admin

TEC SAID

Welcome Habub! I still have no flowers, but this

works

Glad you are here.

peace to you,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

Nambo, you said:

" the nicest thing is to have had God himself do something tangible in answer to a prayer.'

I totally agree with you. Knowing that God is there and cares about our concerns is the most wonderful feeling! It assures us that He is real and is there protecting us and providing for our needs.

Even in little things that God does, it warms my heart and builds my faith.

So glad you got to experience His love in this way.

Hugs,
Gramma Velta
God makes everything work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

NAMBO SAID

Quote:
Habub wrote:
Nambo --- so happy you're safe and sound. Enjoyed reading your post.
Much love to you.

Thanks Habub, but your only post!, and for me!, Iam touched but would like to see you introduce yourself in the Welcome section, (so you can be welcomed!