xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: How Can You Judge?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 am 

Can we start a conversation about this Armand, the tree and the fruit? Maybe in another thread, I think Loz started a conversation about it late last year. I didn't understand it at all when she brought it up and so didn't comment about it plus no one really elaborated on it. Then a few weeks ago I saw mention of it again at Quora when Shelby answered a question there about it and it peaked my interest and curiosity.

I can quote what Shelby said over there but not sure if I have permission. If she says I can and others want to talk about it on this thread or another then I look forward to talking about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 am 

I hope I'm not intruding Zoe & Armand...peace to you both.

When we were in Rome, we discussed the truth that our Lord Jaheshua is the TREE OF LIFE. If you stop and think on that for a while you will 'see' the enormity of that fact. He gives us LIFE, if we feed on Him, we LIVE....

Ok, so then our Lord asked us "Who then does the tree of knowledge of good and bad refer to?" He shared with us that it could only be Jahveh the Most Holy, the only one then who knew good & bad, LIFE & DEATH.

We subsequently understood then that rather than Adam & Eve being threatened with death if they ate or touched that latter tree, it was a WARNING. I suggest that you let that sink in and ask about it, and consider all we have learnt previously about power?

I am personally still learning about the full extent of this truth but I understand there's a way to go yet.
I hope this helps you sister.

Peace
Your servant, sister and fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:17 am 

Oh you are not intruding, I was thinking Armand was kind of nudging us about this and so I decided to ask about it.
When you posted it on a thread you started in December I think, it went over my head and I just didn't get it. Now it suddenly sunk in and I was astounded!!

It makes total sense that our Lord Jaheshua is the tree of life, of course as he is the way to life now and we are told to eat the bread which represents his flesh and drink the wine that represents his blood.

As far as the Tree of knowledge of good and bad - yes it makes sense it was Jahveh as they weren't ready to access all to do with him as we are not now.

The thing is that I find it amazing that all this time a lot of people, me included thought it was real fruit but its actually symbolic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 pm 

You can quote anything I post, dear Zoe (peace to you, luv!), here or elsewhere. It is not mine, per se, but belongs to JAH and Christ, who "gave" it to me. Speaking as to spiritual things, of course (and some having to do with regular-day life... but not all - LOLOLOL! You can probably tell when it's MY opinion... vs. their wisdom - LOLOL!).

But please, feel free. Any of you.

Peace to you, all!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 am 

Good Morning everyone and thank you Shelby for saying I could post your comment/answer from Quora. I am not sure if anyone read it over at Quora but I thought your answer was thought provoking and worth posting here.

The question was:

What is the lesson learnt from God driving Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden?

Shelby's answer was:

Quote:
Answered Mar 8

Was a lesson learned? If you mean, what lesson SHOULD HAVE BEEN learned, my personal position is that it is that one should respect another’s house and property or not complaint when they’re shown the door (and perhaps even barred from coming back in!). Seriously - the liberties people take with others’ domains can be mind blowing. I don’t think the MOST Holy is the one who coined the phrase “Mi casa es su casa.” Or if He did, I don’t think He meant for others to take it SO literally… any more than we do. You certainly can’t come into MY house and just do what you please. Well, okay, unless you’re my child (those never listen to their mothers, anyway - LOLOL!).
But… that is my position as to what SHOULD have been learned. The truth, though, is that nothing has been learned, per se, as people in large part still tend to do whatever they want with others’ domains and property.
If you were to ask what was the MOST Holy’s purpose, though, for driving Ad’Ham and Eve out, then the answer is simple: to save the creation from utter destruction at the hands of these two… until it could be brought BACK to what it was when it was initially created. Meaning, a place where there was NO death. Had those two been able to get back to the Tree of LIFE… and eat from THAT tree… well, let’s just say the havoc we, as a species, have wreaked thus far doesn’t even compare. THEY would not have died… and so THEIR havoc would have had NO end.
But, let me ask you by means of the following scenario:
You have planted a lovely garden on your land. In the middle, you plant two special trees: one, if eaten from, grants the consumer eternal life. Can even undo death. The other allows the consume to know life (good) AND death (bad). YOU know life (good) AND death (bad)… and you know how to handle both. Your guests don’t, though, as you’ve not yet taught them. You intend to but it will take some time.
You invite some folks over and show them your garden. You tell them, “You can eat from ANY tree in this garden” (and that includes the Tree of Life), “except that tree there (the Tree of Knowing Good/Life AND Bad/Death). Don’t eat from that one because if you do you WILL die.” NOT, “I will kill you”, but “You WILL die.”
S,okay, s’your garden so you should be able to say, “Leave that one tree alone,” yes? Regardless of whether or not touching it causes death? (And for those who think not and would say planting a tree then telling guests they can’t eat from it “isn’t fair,” I would offer a change in the scenario to, say, a man who grows orchids, some of which are of minimal value, some of more value, and one or two exquisitely beautiful ones of GREAT value… and his right to ask visitors to his garden to NOT pick the most valuable bloom, but feel free to just admire it, please. Should such a man HAVE to lock his precious blooms away, say, behind a fence and out of natural sunlight… just because his visitors are boorish and rude? Or is it upon his visitors to respect his love for his vocation (horticulture - Genesis 2: 8, 9; John 15:1) and his plants… and just do as he asks and look… but not touch?).
With all of that SAID…
The problem with the account is religion’s very false interpretation, and thus humanity’s misunderstanding (and “science’s” ridiculing), of it… and what is represented. It is a VERY true account; however, the “trees” are not vegetation; they are PEOPLE.

The “person” that ONE of them is is pretty easy to know:
Genesis 2:9b
Psalm 80:14–17
Isaiah 1:1, 10; 53:2;
John 14:5
John 15:1, 5
Romans 11:16–18; 15:12
Knowing the first one makes it a bit easier (although not necessarily) to know “who” the second “tree” is.
Stop listening to religion and it’s false teachings. John 10:27
I hope that helps.
Peace to you!
P.S. This comment is false:
“The lesson of Genesis on a theological level is that obedience to God is THE commandment, above anything else. The punishment suffered by Adam and Eve (and humanity thereafter) stems solely from the idea that one must obey God at all costs, irrespective of the command.”
There was absolutely NO punishment involved in the events. EVERYTHING that occurred was for a protection of someone or something. Whether it was removing two people who, if given the chance to live FOREVER (i.e., without dying), had already proven they had no regard for the owner OR the garden (imagine, then, if such people were permitted to continue, completely unfettered, unrestricted, and immortal!)… or protecting them (with a “long garment of skin”) for their new environment, which THEY cause to come to ruin.
STOP listening to religion and its VERY false teachings as to these events. Their goal is to foment FEAR and so put mankind under THEIR control. Which is the last place mankind needs to be, as proven by the wars and other atrocities committed BY religion “in the name of God/Jesus.” They are false… which is why their interpretations and teachings make absolutely NO sense (except to the nonsensical).
Peace!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:25 am 

As I said yesterday, I NEVER ever thought of it that way before or heard this before.

I am assuming from the scriptures you quoted that the first tree was The Word/Jaheshua who later came to earth as Christ as the 2nd Adam to pay for Adam’s sin. But he was a spirit in the time of Adam. The 2nd tree I was thinking was God Almighty Jahveh and they weren’t allowed to access him then as it would be too dangerous because of the power radiating from him and not being ready yet.
Anyway this is VERY interesting and would explain a lot of things. The “trees” being spirit beings and maybe they (Adam & Eve) were allowed to speak/eat from the first tree, God’s first born son because he was the way to life but not allowed to access the other “tree of knowledge good and bad” because he was full of dangerous energy and inaccessible to humans.
This is such a thought provoking thing, fascinating.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:39 pm 

That is exactly it, dear, dear Zoe.

Peace to you, luv!