xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rome
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 pm 

May you have peace!

Seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness and all other things will be granted to you...

So here is a bit of an update on me (and hopefully some encouragement for some of you as well).

I am coming to Rome (and Petra)!

Shelby is being sent to Rome (and Petra) this year (mid November), and I able to come as well. Perhaps I will be able to complete an assignment that I did not complete last year and/or perhaps I will be able to help with (and/or learn from) this assignment. Who knows (other than our Lord)? Just gonna go and learn the rest once there.

So that is an announcement on its own, but what I also wanted to share with some of you, was how my Lord resolved every concern I had - as I left everything in His hands.

FIRST, I had to make up my mind (and heart) what I wanted to do and who I wanted to do it for (myself, just for fun... or my Lord, to serve and learn from Him).

THEN I needed permission from my husband. (not from some arbitrary rule about headship, per se, but out of love), and he was not too keen last year when I wanted to come to Egypt. I asked my Lord to help me say the right words and I asked him to grant courage to my husband (and oldest son). Then I was sure I had messed it all up when I did ask my husband (oh, I should have said this, I forgot to say that, etc etc), but he told me to go wherever I wanted to go. Still, I was concerned that although he gave me the go ahead, that did not really mean he was okay with it. But I was reminded that he sometimes needs to mull a bit, and then he came to me later that evening, and when I said I was not sure how much love I would be showing for him, if I went and he did not want that, and that I did not want to cause him distress, he said that I should do what I felt I needed to do; and he assured me that he did not want to stop me from going. (He'd even bragged to his friends that I was going to Rome- without telling them why, mind you - before I gave him this possible 'out').

Then I had a dilemma: I had told my youngest son last year that I would take him with me next time I went somewhere (although I did not go to Egypt last year- I hesitated, out of fear and worry, instead of trusting everything to my Lord). Still, I did not want to go back on my word to my son, and yet my husband had been adamant that the boys were not going anywhere 'over there' (even though he told me to go wherever I wanted to go). So I asked my Lord to help me resolve that as well, and he did. My son understood completely that he might have to wait - that his father was acting out of love for him and to protect him - and he was not upset with me at all.

I don't usually share much about my husband and sons out of respect for their privacy. But I also know that some of you have non-believing mates and children, and I hoped the above might be some encouragement for you as well.

We really don't need to worry about anything.

I am also excited to be able to give my husband and sons this witness. Especially since one of my sons said to me not too long ago that he thought my life was kinda dull, just sitting here on the computer, or going to work, or watching netflix, lol, and it was not a life that he wants for himself. So... well... okay then! Here is something else for you to think about!

Peace to you all and to YOUR dear households,
your servant and sister and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

Post subject: Re: Rome
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:25 pm 

Well, you KNOW that I'M totally jazzed, dear, dear Tams (peace to you, dear sister!). And, course, the invitation is open to anyone else who can join us (dear Loz - peace to you and maybe you can "skip" over to Rome for lunch while we're there? - LOLOL!).

To those who might be confused as to why "Rome" now (vs. a return to Egypt... or onward to Turkey)... the change occurred this way:

I was concerned for the others who would accompany me as to the religious climate in Egypt AND our dear Lord had not said that I absolutely HAD to go (back) there. I wanted to because of (what I considered to be) "unfinished" business (more to see in the Valley of Queens, another trip to St. Catherine's, and the original plan to visit Petra). Rather than get a sure "green light" from our Lord, though, he kept saying, "You do not HAVE to go back, child - you went when I told you. You may certainly go back but it's for your own desire, not because I am sending you." And so, well, you can imagine the confusion with that. And then... the attack in the village of St. Catherine's (which was supposed to ultimately target the monastery). Now what, Lord? And again, he said that he wasn't sending me back; if I went back it was for my own purposes. Nothing wrong with that, but he wasn't sending me. Not there, anyway. If anything, I would be sent to where I had "not (yet) gone."

I still knew I had to "go" somewhere, though - was being "sent" somewhere... and knew that Jordan (Petra) was part of that (the where I had "not gone," yet, having missed it last year due to the lost passport fiasco). So I started to latch onto Turkey (because, you might recall, I am to go there, at some point). Turkey and from there, Petra. When I tried to book to Turkey though, I kept being sent (by the Internet search engines) to "Rome". Now, I'll admit, I've always wanted to visit Italy... but not necessarily Rome. The Vatican, etc., doesn't really have much appeal for me and that's what I think of when I think of Rome, even though there are other "sites" there.

Even so, I did a cost analysis and itinerary for both Turkey/Petra and Rome/Petra, then presented to dear Hubby who said, "Why Rome? I thought you had to go to Turkey?" and I said I did but for some reason "Rome" just kept coming up and so I figured what the heck. But I let it go. And then...

I learned that travel from Turkey to Jordan is actually pretty difficult right now because of what sits directly between them: Syria. Ummm... Surface travel is out (both highways and railways are closed at both the Turkish and Jordanian borders). What about flying? Wait, what, over a warzone? Mmmmmm... maybe... not. I mean, it would be okay for ME... but I would not be alone and the distance is too short for much altitude. Also, there's some difficulty with getting into Jordan from Turkey. Well, okay, what then, Lord?

Well, I came across something that said folks fly into Jordan from Rome... all the time! Not only every day... but several times a day - and with very little problem! AND... a lot less expense! Say what, now? But... I still wasn't SURE. I was not hearing either Turkey OR Rome. ????

And so, I began to feel a bit anxious. So as not to go with and let that anxiety, which had hung around for a few days now, overtake me, I took the matter to our dear Lord. Late one night, I said, "I need to know, Lord. I need to know for a certainty so that I can go wherever it is you want and do whatever it is you want... and find/see whatever it is you want me to see... so as to know whatever it is you want me to know and understand. Please let me know for certain where I am to go!"

And I immediately heard him I heard him say "Read the 143rd Psalm, child." Of course, I went to it right away and when I came to verse 8... I knew, without a doubt... that I would know exactly where I was to go the next morning:

Lord, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.
Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.
The enemy pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in the darkness
like those long dead.
So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.
I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.
I spread out my hands to you;
I thirst for you like a parched land.
Answer me quickly, Lord;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,

for to you I entrust my life."
Psalm 143:1-8

I stopped there. No need to go further. But for the first time in several days, I went to sleep in great peace.

My sleep was SO peaceful, though, that I was SO relaxed the next morning that it wasn't until around 11:55am that I realized I still didn't know! I almost panicked and then I saw the time and immediately called out, "What now, Lord?!" And he immediately said to me, "Read the 11th verse of the 23rd Chapter [of Acts], child[/color]". I didn't hear him say "Acts" - somehow, though, I knew that's where he meant. And so, I immediately opened a Bible app on my phone... and read. And my heart literally jumped when I got to the verse:

"The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, “Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.”

Talk about heart-pounding, chills up and down, eyes blinking. I knew then, as soon as I read it and without a doubt, "where" I was supposed to go. The "route" I was to take to Jordan.

And so, that's how the change came about. Some things occurred afterward that helped further my certainty:

1. Turkey's government extended its state of emergency (instituted July 2016 after the failed coup) and won its referendum (albeit narrowly) to amend the country's constitution giving its president sweeping new executive powers.

2. Apparently, there is some who believed the Ark (of the Covenant) spent some time at Petra. In fact, "Jebel al-Madhbah (Arabic: جبل المذبح‎‎, Jabal al-Madhbaḥ) is a mountain at Petra, in present-day Jordan, which a number of scholars have proposed as the Biblical Mount Sinai (https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebel_al-Madhbah).

This second one is not my understanding - my understanding is that Mt. "Sinai" is in (Saudi) Arabia (Galatians 4:25) - what we know as Jabal al Maqla or Jabal al Lawz (the other is Mt. Horeb, but I do not know which is which... yet).

HOWEVER... I have learned that what is now "Jordan" was once part of "Arabia." What to do with THAT, now???

Well, I have not heard that Jebel_al-Madhbah, the mountain in Jordan, is "Sinai" - to the contrary, my Lord reaffirms that Jabal al Maqla (which I've learned some erroneously refer to as "Jabal al Lawz") is "Sinai" and the "proof" is not the burned top or almond tree or split rock... although those things certainly lend some credence... but it's the Saudi military installation that now controls the area. Why would they need a military installation on that site? Only one reason, dear ones: uranium.

But... there is "something" at Petra, perhaps something that shows it is NOT "Sinai"... or even better, perhaps as with Ethiopia, something that proves yet another place our dear Lord went during the years before he presented himself to his cousin John to be baptized in the Jordan River.

We shall see, I've no doubt.

Peace to you all... and to your dear households!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 pm 

Peace to you Tams....

I am so excited to have you go and cannot wait to actually meet you face-to-face my sister. So glad our Lord took care of everything and you can be a peace with everything.

Thanks Shel for sharing the events that led to the destination, and peace to you as well.

Love to you both, your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 am 

Oh this is wonderful, another adventure for you girls and this time Tammy gets to go too. Can't wait to hear about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:16 pm 

Exactly how I feel, dear Zoe!

Peace to you (and to you, dear 'Mom)!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:32 am 

Me too! Peace to all you ladies!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm 

OH MY GOODNESS!
I read Tammy's post and was rejoicing for her. Then I read Shelby's post and ran to my husband (who is currently reading in bed) and I said "You know Shelby from San Francisco that I talk about? And Tammy in Canada that I speak of? I have the opportunity to go and meet up with them in Rome! Later this year! On a mission for our Lord. Do you mind if I go?"
"Don't be silly" he said " Of course I don't mind"
"What about the money?" I said.
"It's just paper," he said. "You go if you want to."
Incredible considering this man is an atheist lol.

Please send details to me Shelby via my email, so that I can book flights etc? Ooh I can hardly breathe I'm sooo excited!

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 pm 

I just want to say how very privileged I feel to be invited on any part of this journey. My heart is full of love for our Lord Jaheshua and my sisters. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:30 pm 

O... M... G. No, seriously... oh... my... gawd! I KNEW it! I knew when I put it OUT there... dear, dear Loz!!!! Peace to you, dear, dear sister... and... OMG... I will send you our itinerary tomorrow, luv!

O...M... G. No... PRAISE JAH!! I almost can't believe this... but I totally CAN - LOLOLOLOLOLOL#

I KNEW it. Well, I heard it, but like Sarah thought it too good to be true. NOW I am REALLY excited!!

PRAISE JAH, you people! Let every living, breathing thing... praise JAH!

Peach to yiu, dear, dear Loz... and to your dear, dear husband!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel, who will email you tomorrow!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:13 pm 

Woo hoo!

Quote:
"Don't be silly" he said " Of course I don't mind"

Loz! I am so excited for you. So glad that you are coming too!

Praise JAH!

Love to you all.

Peace to you and to your dear husband, and to you all and your dear households,
your sister and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:32 am 

LOLOLOL! I guess I was a little excited over your news, dear Loz (peace to you, dear sister!)... but I still am. I KNEW it - LOLOLOL! And I am SO excited that we will (finally) meet in person. You will stay with us in Rome, of course (and so, longer than just for lunch - LOLOLO!).

SO excited.

Peace to you... and please thank your dear Hubby for all of us!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:53 pm 

Yes will add my...

O......M......G.......!!!!!!!!!

This is so so absolutely amazing that we can finally meet you
both face-to-face and be able to share and recieve our Lord together!

This is just an added blessing and a pleasant surprise. Jah and Christ are so WONDERFUL!

Getting even more excited my sisters!

Love your fellow sister and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 pm 

Loz: Oh my! I'm trying to hold back the floodgates of tears (of happiness) while reading here at work of this news of you joining up with us. Breathe. . . . Looking forward to meeting up with you in Rome. May Jah bless you AND your husband! You and Tec/Tammy TOO to meet up! Wow!

Peace!

--Armand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:32 pm 

You are all such lovely people! Thank you Kim, Tammy & Armand, and peace to you all. I may only manage a few days in Rome, we'll see what finances allow, but the thought of meeting all of you fills me with great joy. And yes, how wonderful is our Lord that this could be possible? I am in awe of His love.

Loz X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:17 pm 

OH WOW!! This is fantastic news, Loz is going to Rome too. I am so happy for you all, wish I could go but my days of travelling are over.