xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Memorial Experience
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:17 pm 

Zoe wrote:
Wow so many of you went to the Memorial, it was great to be able to read about your experiences and live vicariously through you.
Crazy that they all had big hard crackers, obviously they weren't expecting anyone to eat them. They better be careful, someone could break a tooth with hard stuff like that.

I was a bit puzzled why you all would go to a Jehovah's Witness Memorial when all they do is tell lies and don't want anyone to partake. I am aware that you want to bring to their attention that all should take part but I am not sure that they get that. I remember my parents and others in my congregation thinking people were just stupid or crazy if they partook and were not a JW. I remember only one person taking the emblems that the elders and congregation felt was acceptable. It was a spinster woman in her 60's, she was a cranky judgemental mean person. She hated children and she felt entitled and expected the best seat in the Hall and everyone to cater to her. I used to think, Wow if that is what the anointed are like I don't think we will have a righteous rulership.

Peace to you Zoe,

Actually Zoe, we do not know what is in a persons hearts SO we cannot say who might " get that" or not. Because this organization " shuts up the kingdom before men" at Matthew 23:13 and "prevents those on their way in" ( those that " hear" this calling but the Watchtower doesn't let them follow through) we cannot say who may be hearing this calling from our Lord and by us being there FOR them and FROM them, they see others that are obeying his command despite opppsition and persecution. Partaking of something we too were denied our whole lives.

And does it really matter whether they do get it or not? Doesnt our Lord tell us that when one is sent it doesn't matter "whether they listen or refrain" that one must still go?

Doesn't love for Jah and Christ and for them because our love has never failed for them move us to demonstrate our faith and obedience in "doing" (keep doing this in remembrance of me) not just "observing." ?

And of course we might look crazy to them. I'm sure we do! Who cares? Our Lord looked and acted crazy and was viewed as an apostate to the many including his fellow Jewish brothers. And since "a slave is no greater than their master" "if they persecuted me they will persecute you also"...why should we expect any different treatment IF it is truly FOR CHRIST?

He told us to rejoice Matthew 5:11,12 when people persecute and lie about us. That our reward was great in the heavens.

So, until they either stop celebrating it or my Lord says not to, why wouldn't I?

Any other professed Christian religion acknowledges and does this basic command except for Jehovah's Witnesses. It is the " UNforgiveable to them."

Love and peace to you always, your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:45 pm 

Hi Kim - thank you for your explanation. When you put it that way I see that it makes sense.
I would just wish I could have done the same thing. I will have to work on getting a friend who is likeminded to help me get out and about more. I was really envying you all being able to show your love for Christ and letting your light shine. I haven't been in a Kingdom Hall in over 30 years and it makes me cringe to hear them and to see how they act, I will have to get over that I guess. It brings back so many horrible bad memories.
HUGS and love

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:57 pm 

Zoe wrote:
Hi Kim - thank you for your explanation. When you put it that way I see that it makes sense.
I would just wish I could have done the same thing. I will have to work on getting a friend who is likeminded to help me get out and about more. I was really envying you all being able to show your love for Christ and letting your light shine. I haven't been in a Kingdom Hall in over 30 years and it makes me cringe to hear them and to see how they act, I will have to get over that I guess. It brings back so many horrible bad memories.
HUGS and love

Your quite welcome Zoe, peace to you,

I cringe as well at times when I hear the lies and look around and the heads nodding in agreement as they pass and partake of the koolaid. The only thing they partake of as a whole LOL!
But I don't focus on that as it is NOT about me or why I'm there. It is LOVE for Christ first, therefore, it is LOVE for them. Everything else is insignificant as to my past when I was a part of them.

Glad you were able to see this. If going to the Kingdom Hall is something you truly " want to do" for our Lord and it is His will you go, you will be there I have no doubt.

Enjoy your warmer weather, love your sister in Christ, Kim