xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:38 pm 

"There is no "Braille" for that kind of blindness."

Amen to that! And . . . duh! Great "observation" there Chelle--right on point!

--Armando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:01 pm 

Quote:
What a stupid, stupid thing to get all holier than thou about.

But that's kind of the "lure" of religion, isn't it, dear one (peace, luv!)? The whole "this class is better than that class" clergy/laity, priest/layman, shaman/regular guy thing? People LOVE that muck, LOVE looking at/up to other MEN. Rather than looking up to and at... indeed, not allowing their gaze to LEAVE... the face of the Copper Serpent - the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH).

They love it in their religion. They love it in their politics. They love it in their academia. They love it in their science. They LOVE the human hierarchy that says there are those who are "better" than others, in some way, size, shape, and form. In spite of the TRUTH that ALL age and eventually die, that aging, sickness, and death does not discriminate among them.

Such "betterments" are based on THIS world, though. I mean, even Israel wasn't anything special in particular - ABRAHAM was, though, through whom that nation received IT'S blessing... but not because he was smarter, richer, more pious, etc., at least, not that HE thought so. It was simply because he was OBEDIENT. And not in a "slave" kind of way ("Do this or I'll..."), but obedient out of LOVE... and FAITH. Love for the One who spoke to him and faith in that One that what he was telling Abraham was TRUE and would occur just as that One said it would. Abraham LISTENED... and obeyed... to "the preserving alive of his household." Like Noah. He did what he was told because he was TOLD in order to BENEFIT himself/his household. NOT because there was some benefit to JAH.

No one can be/make themselves "better" than anyone else. However, the opposite is not the same: some... most... can make THEMSELVES "lesser" than others... by their DISOBEDIENCE. By that, I mean, they won't inherit the kingdom. But whose fault is that? Not the fault of those who WILL inherit it; indeed, such ones makes themselves "lesser" (in regard to others) and so become the "greatest" in the Household of God.

But those who make themselves GREATER, who seat THEMSELVES in the "seat of Moses," or even in the seat of the wise... rather than taking the LOWLY seat... make themselves "lesser".

He that is least is greatest among those of the Household of God. And so, those so-called "anointed" of the WTBTS who, for decades, looked down upon others, perhaps even "shut up the kingdom of the heavens" for others... or aligned with/condoned the doing so by others... will find themselves in the least place, if not cast out into the darkness altogether.

I hope all here really grasp the truth... and need... to keep THEIR faces toward the Copper Serpent raised up by JAH... and not on anyone else. Including on me. Particularly on me. Because I can't myself, let alone anyone else. I can only tell you dear ones about the One who can... and will, if you turn to him.

Peace to you and to your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:00 am 

leaving_quietly wrote:
There's a plethora of material stating that first century Christians were anointed. However, it's hard to find one that says that ALL of them were. Note this reference, though... (I had to search for where they said the Greek Scriptures were primarily written for the anointed.)

Quote:
11 In the decades after the first members of the congregation of anointed Christians were chosen, Jehovah saw fit to have a permanent record made of the earthly ministry of Jesus as well as His dealings with and counsel to first-century anointed Christians. Jehovah thus added the inspired Christian Greek Scriptures to the already existing inspired Hebrew Scriptures. The Hebrew Scriptures were written in the first place for the fleshly nation of Israel during the time that they had a special relationship with God. The Christian Greek Scriptures were written primarily for “the Israel of God,” those anointed as brothers of Christ and spiritual sons of God. Of course, that in no way suggests that non-Israelites could not derive great benefit from studying the Hebrew Scriptures. Similarly, Christians who are not anointed with holy spirit derive immeasurable benefits from studying and living according to the counsel found in the Christian Greek Scriptures.—Read 2 Timothy 3:15-17.

12 First-century Christians were declared righteous and anointed with holy spirit for the purpose of enabling them to receive their heavenly inheritance. Their anointing did not elevate them to kingship over fellow anointed Christians while still on earth. Evidently, some early Christians lost sight of that fact and began seeking undue prominence among their brothers in the congregation. As a result, Paul was moved to ask: “You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings.” (1 Cor. 4:8) Therefore, Paul reminded anointed ones of his day: “Not that we are the masters over your faith, but we are fellow workers for your joy.”—2 Cor. 1:24.
w08 1/15 p. 22 pars. 11, 12

Thank you Leaving! Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I had family down this past week. But I did catch that you posted this, so thank you!

Quote:
But that's kind of the "lure" of religion, isn't it, dear one (peace, luv!)? The whole "this class is better than that class" clergy/laity, priest/layman, shaman/regular guy thing? People LOVE that muck, LOVE looking at/up to other MEN. Rather than looking up to and at... indeed, not allowing their gaze to LEAVE... the face of the Copper Serpent - the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH).

They love it in their religion. They love it in their politics. They love it in their academia. They love it in their science. They LOVE the human hierarchy that says there are those who are "better" than others, in some way, size, shape, and form. In spite of the TRUTH that ALL age and eventually die, that aging, sickness, and death does not discriminate among them.

I love it when you cut to the chase like this, lol.

But yes, so true, to all of it.

Quote:
I hope all here really grasp the truth... and need... to keep THEIR faces toward the Copper Serpent raised up by JAH... and not on anyone else.

Yes... we can point to Christ; bear witness to Him. But we must keep our faces toward Him, listen to Him, follow Him and His voice.

He is the Way. He is the Life. He is the Truth.

Peace to you both and to your houses,

your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:27 am 

Why is the memorial today?
I thought they did it on 14 Nisan?
That would make it for April 22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 am 

RE: Anointed.

Scripturally speaking as per Paul, ALL that believe that Christ is Lord are anointed by the HS because it is the HS that allows one to proclaim that.
1 Corinthians 12: 3

Quote:
So I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Also:
1John 2:20

Quote:
20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.

2Corinthians 1:21-22
Quote:
21 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, 22 and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:00 pm 

Quote:

Here are a couple of explanations, dear P (peace to you, dear one!):

http://www.studiesintheword.org/jewish_ ... errors.htm
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartodecimanism (see chart at bottom of page)

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:43 pm 

Quote:
Scripturally speaking as per Paul, ALL that believe that Christ is Lord are anointed by the HS because it is the HS that allows one to proclaim that.

Your qualifier that you are speaking "scripturally" notwithstanding, dear P (peace to you, luv!), I would personally have to take Christ's word on this over Paul's (in addition to the lack of the scripture-ality of your speaking "scripturally" here - LOLOLOL!). To wit:

"Take care that no man deceives you. For many will come in my name saying, "I am anointed/a chosen one [of JAH] (i.e., mischaJAH," and shall deceive many. ... For there shall arise false chosen (anointed) ones [of JAH], and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they deceive even the chosen ones."

Also, do you truly think the Christ divided? How, then, so many sects? Lutherans, JWs, Catholics (and among them, Roman, Jesuit, Francisco, Opus Dei, etc.), Mormons (both monogamous and polygamous), LDSs, Pentecostals, Baptists (whether Southern Baptist or just plain Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians... African Methodist Episcopalians (AMEs) , COGIC, Christian Disciples (which included Jim Jones and his followers)... and a plethora of other "denominations," including "non-denominational." Why all of these? Because every one of them... every SINGLE one... follow some man (or woman). Whether it be Paul, Peter, Thomas, Bartholomew, Charles Russell, Joseph Smith, Jim Jones, Pope this or that, etc., etc..

They have their own leaders, teachers... fathers... in spite of what Christ himself said about that.

BUT, just so we KNOW that not every who calls Christ "Lord" IS anointed:

"Not everyone who calls me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my father in the heavens will do so."

The will of our dear Lord's Father... is to listen to the SON. And the SON said:

"Unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have NO LIFE within yourselves."

And...

“If you love me, keep my commands. ... Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them. ... Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

And, so...

"KEEP doing this, in remembrance of me."

Now, I ask you, in light of the fact the JWs call [Jesus] "Lord," do you truly think THEY are anointed? Even those who openly profess they are NOT... AND... don't WANT to be?

Peace to you, dear, dear P... and to your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:20 pm 

Quote:
Also, do you truly think the Christ divided? How, then, so many sects? Lutherans, JWs, Catholics (and among them, Roman, Jesuit, Francisco, Opus Dei, etc.), Mormons (both monogamous and polygamous), LDSs, Pentecostals, Baptists (whether Southern Baptist or just plain Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians... African Methodist Episcopalians (AMEs) , COGIC, Christian Disciples (which included Jim Jones and his followers)... and a plethora of other "denominations," including "non-denominational." Why all of these? Because every one of them... every SINGLE one... follow some man (or woman). Whether it be Paul, Peter, Thomas, Bartholomew, Charles Russell, Joseph Smith, Jim Jones, Pope this or that, etc., etc..

Yes, as to this.

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:18 pm 

Peace, to one and all.

To quote:

Quote:
“BUT, just so we KNOW that not everyone who calls Christ "Lord" IS anointed:”

Quote:
“Not everyone who calls me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my father in the heavens will do so."[--Emphasis mine.]

The will of our dear Lord's Father... is to listen to the SON. And the SON said:

Quote:
"Unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have NO LIFE within yourselves."

My question then is: So, then for those who partake only once a year (if they partake at all), if they neglect the eating and drinking as our Lord commanded, for another year they have NO LIFE within themselves? Hmm . . . interesting.

And...

If you love me, keep my commands. ... Whoever has my commands [Do we have his commands?] and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them. ... Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

COME! TAKE LIFE'S WATER--FREE!!! Are you thirsty? Drink! Are you THIRSTY? DRINK!!!

--Armand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:14 am 

AGuest wrote:
Quote:

Here are a couple of explanations, dear P (peace to you, dear one!):

http://www.studiesintheword.org/jewish_ ... errors.htm
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartodecimanism (see chart at bottom of page)

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

So the JW's decided to follow Western Christendom this year as opposed to the jewish lunar calendar?

It's enough to make a person cry out "conspiracy !!!" LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:22 am 

AGuest wrote:
Quote:

Your qualifier that you are speaking "scripturally" notwithstanding, dear P (peace to you, luv!), I would personally have to take Christ's word on this over Paul's (in addition to the lack of the scripture-ality of your speaking "scripturally" here - LOLOLOL!). To wit:

"Take care that no man deceives you. For many will come in my name saying, "I am anointed/a chosen one [of JAH] (i.e., mischaJAH," and shall deceive many. ... For there shall arise false chosen (anointed) ones [of JAH], and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they deceive even the chosen ones."

They have their own leaders, teachers... fathers... in spite of what Christ himself said about that.

BUT, just so we KNOW that not every who calls Christ "Lord" IS anointed:

"Not everyone who calls me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my father in the heavens will do so."

And...

“If you love me, keep my commands. ... Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them. ... Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

And, so...

"KEEP doing this, in remembrance of me."

Now, I ask you, in light of the fact the JWs call [Jesus] "Lord," do you truly think THEY are anointed? Even those who openly profess they are NOT... AND... don't WANT to be?

Peace to you, dear, dear P... and to your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

I don't think that anyone can truly believe that Christ is Lord and Saviour without the HS.
That said, what people do with that belief is another matter.
I don't think that,m as much as JW's pay lip service to Christ, they believe He IS Lord and Saviour. That is why they refuse to see Romans 10:13 to be about Christ and NOT about Jehovah.
They witness and follow THEIR understanding of Jehovah as opposing to following a PERSON, that Person being Our Lord.
They are, sadly, not alone of course.
Still, I do believe that it is only by the HS that all those that truly believe that Christ is LORD, believe such and ALL that goes with it.
To call Him Lord is NOT to believe Him and to follow Him, this we know ( painfully so).
It was different in Paul's day when the very act of proclaiming Christ and believing would lead to punishment, prison, banishment and even death.
People didn't proclaim His resurrection and salvation in His Name without the HS.
I never like the term "true believer" or "true christian" but I think that, at times ( and in this case), it is true.