xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:59 pm 

Recently I had the joy of spending time with one of my daughters and family, it's taken years post the wtbs and my traumatic divorce to reach such a peaceful place. We have been associating slowly and carefully over the past couple of years, treading gently with each other. Getting to know my grandchildren is an amazing gift that I am treasuring, as well as finding this peace once again with a much loved child. They have now left the wtbs and feel free but they've become atheist and understandably bitter about their time in the organisation, and how it damaged us all.

The other day when disgust at the wtbs's guilt with regard to child sexual abuse was being discussed the conversation moved to all our naivety in trusting that organisation. Suddenly my son in law said, "And you even thought you were one of their anointed Loz, going to heaven ha ha ha!, How wrong were you?!"

My response immediately was "I am indeed anointed still. It was they who were wrong about it."

But it felt such an insufficient response, I know they hope that I was mistaken or even lying rather than continue to insist I am anointed. As all here will understand, I CAN'T deny it, however much they wish it and however much I love them. They obviously link the wtbs with anointing and I don't know where to begin to correct their misunderstanding. They also hold me responsible (and rightly so) for leading them all into the wtbs and will surely be understandably reluctant to have me lead them to anyone or anywhere else.

I have previously assured them that my faith in Jahveh is strong and sure and that I have a relationship with Christ. One much stronger and healthier than any that the organisation proffered. Nevertheless, this is tricky ground. I leave it with Jaheshua to put words into my mouth but personally I am feeling ineffectual and lacking in witnessing to them about our Lord as the Truth that He is.

I would appreciate any input please?

Peace

Loz x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:25 pm 

Hey Loz!..

I`m agnostic and extremely skeptical..No faith at all..
All you can do is share your beliefs with your family and hope they accept you,for you..
Just don`t be pushy about it..They probably got enough of that with the JW`s..

I couldn`t imagine losing my friends here just because I don`t share their beliefs..
No Shelby in my life?..
Nope..That`s never going to happen..
Uh-Uh! and No Way!!..LOL!!..

I would say..
Mention,things when they come up and leave it at that..
Other than that..
Don`t worry about it and enjoy your family..

...................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:40 pm 

Thank you Outlaw, I hear you, and you're very kind. (Even though you like Kentucky Fried Chicken lol)

Loz x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:14 pm 

Quote:
(Even though you like Kentucky Fried Chicken lol).....Loz

LOL!!@Loz!!..

...............................................................................What is Wrong With..
........................................................................................ That Boy??!!
Image..Image..Image

...............................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:30 pm 

Quote:
you're very kind. (Even though you like Kentucky Fried Chicken lol)

Are you vegetarian Loz? If so please reread this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2671

lol. I certainly don't know what to tell you, but maybe you said enough? Maybe they will get to thinking about that and ask you some questions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:27 pm 

Peace to you ALL this evening....

Dear Loz ( peace to you),

Thank you for sharing how you are feeling. I am glad you are slowing gaining progress with your daughter and family.

There are a couple things,

As to any accountability they may feel you have towards the WTBS you could just ask them to forgive you as you were only doing and living what you honestly felt was truth at the time.
That your faith is JAh has not changed, you just now know you no longer need man to mediate between you and CHRIST. Your worship is by faith not by sight.

As to them being atheist. Not surprised at all. Many after leaving and learning that they are a lie but know there truly is no where else to go...something engrained in us our whole life ( and this is true)
BUT they do not come to CHRIST as " the whom" not a where to turn, they flounder and many give up all faith in them.

As to the subject of " anointing" yes it was the WTBS that was wrong. But where they are now in their understanding, they aren't going to believe any of it regardless of how it may be explained.

Do not be anxious about this. Our Lord didn't go around telling folks he was The anointed or that He was the Christ or Messiah. It was what he did and taught that drew people to him. It was the spirit in him that made certain ones KNOW he was the son of Jah the chosen one sent.

By your actions as a result of the spirit in you, they will come to see that you truly belong to Him.

As the saying goes, " Don't TELL me your a Christian...SHOW me!"

As to what to say to them. You may not need to say anything! Your deeds will speak louder than words. If you do need to share anything, you will know when. If not don't worry about your children.
Our Lord reassures he will take care of them for us. Remember all the households that can be saved on account on ONE faithful servant.

Even if they never put faith in JAh, there is also the promise of Matthew 25 of the sheep that inherit the kingdom because of doing good to the least of Christs brothers. How they treat you can turn out favorable for them. The account never says these individuals were believers themselves.

Just a couple things I was hearing my sister to share as comfort to you, hope this helps.

Love peace and blessings from our Lord to you and your household,
Your sister and fellow servant of Jaheshua MischaJah, Kim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:34 pm 

To add to what both our dear Sher'f and dear 'Mom (peace to you, both!) shared with you, dear Loz (peace to you, dear lady!):

Both have given you VERY good (and wise) advice. You are who... and what... you are, dear sister. As dear 'Mom said... just live it. Do NOT shrink back. At the same time, don't "go blowing a horn" ahead of you. Your light will shine for itself... if you LET it. If you hide it, your family is going to question who and what you say you are... AND Who you say you believe in/follow. If you blast it, well, they may be rendered even MORE blind. Just do you... as CHRIST has taught/is teaching you to be.

I will share this: the next time the subject comes up, be honest and forthright. Ask them if you can share with them WHY, although you no longer put your faith in the WTBTS, you put it in Christ. Be loving. Let them know you understand why they feel as they do - you would probably feel the same... IF... what has occurred with you had not. BUT... you have (at least for yourself)... PROOF. And then explain that "proof" to them (your experience, what you've heard, HOW you know... ANYTHING but that WTBTS melarkey that says one CAN'T explain their anointing!).

Also, consider explaining to them the REAL purpose of the WTBTS (and religion in general): that they are false christs and false prophets who EXIST for the PURPOSE of "misleading, if possible, EVEN the chosen ones," and so, for awhile you WERE misled. MOST of us were.

But don't apologize... or water down. And don't take their rejection, should it occur, personal: it is not about you/us. WE are merely instruments. Be prepared, then, that even these might not want/be able to "walk" with you. Might feel uncomfortable and avoid you. Not saying that will occur... and certainlu hope it DOESN'T... but do NOT underestimate the "machinations" of our Adversary. Not only WHAT he will use... but WHO he will use. Remember the challenge: skin in behalf of skin... and ALL a man has he will give in behalf of his own life. The Adversary will test you. Perhaps with these, perhaps not. But you must KNOW this and ALWAYS be prepared. Always be able to see strength... and truth... in Paul's words (to the Romans):

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

In the same way, the spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the spirit intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the purpose of the spirit, because the spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ [Jesus] who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is yet interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ [Jesus] our Lord.
Romans 8:18-39

Take heart, be courageous... and walk your talk, luv. And they will see your light shining. They won't be able to help it. Thing is... can they bear it. If so, then the battle is won. If not, then, as dear 'Mom says... they are covered due to us. Because the blessing is for us AND for our children.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of our wonderful Father, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love and PEACE of His Son and Christ, our dear, dear Lord, Master, Savior, and King, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH) be upon you... and your dear household... now and to time indefinite.

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:29 am 

Quote:
As to the subject of " anointing" yes it was the WTBS that was wrong. But where they are now in their understanding, they aren't going to believe any of it regardless of how it may be explained.

Do not be anxious about this. Our Lord didn't go around telling folks he was The anointed or that He was the Christ or Messiah. It was what he did and taught that drew people to him. It was the spirit in him that made certain ones KNOW he was the son of Jah the chosen one sent.

By your actions as a result of the spirit in you, they will come to see that you truly belong to Him.

As the saying goes, " Don't TELL me your a Christian...SHOW me!"

As to what to say to them. You may not need to say anything! Your deeds will speak louder than words. If you do need to share anything, you will know when. If not don't worry about your children.
Our Lord reassures he will take care of them for us. Remember all the households that can be saved on account on ONE faithful servant.

Thank you Kim, reading your words brought me great relief. I think I've been worrying that I have to try and convince them. And you're right they probably aren't going to believe no matter how hard I might try. Just being "me" is something I CAN do.

Ataloa thank you, and no I'm not a vegetarian lol, I was just teasing Outlaw.

Peace
Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:46 am 

Quote:
I will share this: the next time the subject comes up, be honest and forthright. Ask them if you can share with them WHY, although you no longer put your faith in the WTBTS, you put it in Christ. Be loving. Let them know you understand why they feel as they do - you would probably feel the same... IF... what has occurred with you had not. BUT... you have (at least for yourself)... PROOF. And then explain that "proof" to them (your experience, what you've heard, HOW you know... ANYTHING but that WTBTS melarkey that says one CAN'T explain their anointing!).

Also, consider explaining to them the REAL purpose of the WTBTS (and religion in general): that they are false christs and false prophets who EXIST for the PURPOSE of "misleading, if possible, EVEN the chosen ones," and so, for awhile you WERE misled. MOST of us were.

But don't apologize... or water down. And don't take their rejection, should it occur, personal: it is not about you/us. WE are merely instruments. Be prepared, then, that even these might not want/be able to "walk" with you. Might feel uncomfortable and avoid you. Not saying that will occur... and certainlu hope it DOESN'T... but do NOT underestimate the "machinations" of our Adversary. Not only WHAT he will use... but WHO he will use. Remember the challenge: skin in behalf of skin... and ALL a man has he will give in behalf of his own life. The Adversary will test you. Perhaps with these, perhaps not. But you must KNOW this and ALWAYS be prepared. Always be able to see strength... and truth... in Paul's words (to the Romans):

Thank you Shelby, your words have helped me to regain perspective as well as Paul's words to the Romans. When we are so emotionally involved it can be difficult to keep perspective and maintain vision of the bigger picture I think, hence the adversary's use of our loved ones. I'm so glad I posted here about this because I feel strengthened and reassured. I needed these reminders.

It's true that we don't stand alone when we are in Christ. We have nothing to be ashamed of and can rely on Him for our strength and peace regardless of others' lack of belief/faith or disdain for ours.

Thank you all again
Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am 

We don't ever need to justify our Faith in Our Lord.
But explaining is different of course.
IMO and how I do it depends on WHO I am talking to.
Fellow Christians are easy IMO, unless they are not very sure of their own faith but even then it is fairly easy.
Aberrant denominations is tougher simply because they are set in their view that theirs is the right and ONLY way to God.
Skeptics are different too, but unless they are of the militant atheist types, you can usually show how reason and rational can lead one to Christ.

My point is that you can't explain it the same way to all people.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:38 am 

Morning and Peace to you ALL today,

Dear Loz, glad it helped strengthen your faith my sister.

Psacto, thanks for your kind words as well. Nice to see you.

And Outlaw loved this you shared...

I couldn`t imagine losing my friends here just because I don`t share their beliefs..
No Shelby in my life?..
Nope..That`s never going to happen..
Uh-Uh! and No Way!!..LOL!!..

I would say..
Mention,things when they come up and leave it at that..
Other than that..
Don`t worry about it and enjoy your family..

...................................Image...OUTLAW

Enjoy your day everyone, love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 am 

Yes, I thought that made me laugh too, Outlaw!

Loz, there is nothing really for me to add to the true words of everyone else. I am sure that you will be led to say whatever it is you should say - whether you think it is enough or not - and do not worry about what is being received at this time or not. Certainly do not push because of your worry. There is, as you recall, no reason to fear for our children.

We also tend to think sometimes that our children do not hear us... but while the rest of the world might not (even though planting a seed is not small thing)... our children who love us often do hear us. They might not be able to accept what they heard from us (or they might not be able to admit that they have heard us), but when it is needed or when they can bear it, what has been said (or witnessed to in deed) comes back to them.

Peace and love to you, and to your loved ones,
your servant, and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:11 pm 

Hi Loz, may you have peace.
I can't add much else other than my experience with my youngest daughter.
She left the WT when she was 18, she had no belief or faith in anything.
Nine years later, me, hubby eldest daughter (watersprout) and her family all left together.
During this time my youngest daughter came to us and asked for help, turns out her hubby was a violent, brutal beast.
We got her to safety and eventually moved over 300 miles from him. He obviously wanted contact with the babies and so applied to the courts for access. No way that was going to happen, he's dangerous and we had to do everything to protect them and their mommy. Daughters solicitor told her repeatedly that he would be given access causing our daughter terrible anxiety and making her very poorly.
During all of this I kept trying to reassure her that he would not win and he would not be able to come near, that she wouldn't even have to face him. I had already told her that I had faith and that I could hear, (you can imagine how that went down). Anyhoo, we sat in one room at the court, waiting for the solicitor knowing the beast was sat just metres away in another.
I just sat there saying over and over, come on Lord, you said this wouldn't happen, please, please don't leave me. I kept hearing, I'm here child, I haven't left you.
Suddenly the door burst open and this tiny women said, 'hi ****, your solicitor can't make it so I 'm representing you today and there is no way you are facing this man. She had gone through my daughters file and had made the decision he was just too evil for to have to face across a courtroom, something her solicitor wasn't prepared to do.
She went into court, came out 10 minutes later and told us the Judge had given us time to leave the court house and get away. They were keeping the beast there, (bet he was loved that).
All I kept saying was, I told you, i told you, Jaheshua doesn't lie. I'll just add, the solicitor introduced herself as Angelina :D
Another time my daughter received a letter from her solicitor saying she had failed to appear in family court but it was her,(solicitor) fault, because for some reason she couldn't explain why the letter had been sent to my daughters old address. That was great news because no stress was involved that time. Shortly after, she received another letter explaining that the beast would not be going for access to the babies because it was making him ill with anxiety.
During all of this Jaheshua kept telling me to have faith that he would not allow him near any of us. I always told my daughter what he had said to me and although she doubted at first, slowly she began to get comfort from it, to the point she now has faith in our Lord.
All I can say Loz is I had to do nothing, my daughter experienced, saw, felt my faith. She experienced the evidence of that faith. Just live your life and let your children, because they can't hear, SEE your faith.
It's Christ who does the calling, not us. Once I grasped that, (I thought I did), the anxiety in me over her lack of faith disappeared......awesome.
Hope all of this makes sense as I'm writing on my phone....nightmare.

May our Lord bless your whole household Loz.
Had to edit, my big finger put the wrong smiley on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:17 pm 

Thank you for that powerful witness, Fairywings1!

Also, welcome to the forum!

Peace to you,
your servant and sister, and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:51 pm 

Thank you Fairywings, it's good to hear about how your faith was shown to be sure. What a story! I appreciate you sharing it with me.

Thank you too Tammy for your kind words.

Loz x