xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A Simple Calling
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:19 am 

Last night after having gone to bed I just could not sleep. The temperature in the bedroom was unusually warm (top floor of the house) and I was tossing and turning and not able to go to sleep. So I decided to go downstairs to the guest bedroom and attempt to sleep there so as not to bother the wife with my constant tossing and turning because I was tossing and turn a lot. (That bedroom was cooler, by the way.)

You know how when you are falling asleep before you get into the deep REM sleep, when you’re half way there but still sort of kind of awake—yet not really awake? I was there in that place when I heard a call:

“Armando”

In that “state” when I “heard” that call I thought, “Sweetie (meaning, my wife), are you calling me?” So I stopped in my mind and paid attention to see if she would call me again from the upstairs bedroom. She didn’t. After a brief moment I heard:

“Armando”

Suddenly, I realized my wife was not the one calling me. It was my Lord. Realizing that, I awoke more—sort of—but not really. And I said:

“Lord! Is that you? Is there something you want from me? Do you want me to go and open the door and let you in? (He wasn’t knocking.) What is it I can do for you?”

He said: “Armando.”

I listened, and he didn’t say anything else. Eventually, after a while, I fell into a deep sleep.

In the morning as my wife and I were getting up getting ready for work, I told her what happened earlier that night. She reminded me that our Lord calls us—each—by our name. (John 10:1-6)

She also reminded me of the boy Samuel, when he was called, the Voice didn’t request anything of him either. Just called his name.

And that’s what happened last night.

--Armand

Post subject: Re: A Simple Calling
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:32 am 

Thank you for sharing that Armand. Very encouraging, and a good witness to that Christ does call us by name.

Peace to you,
your servant, and sister and fellow slave of Christ Jaheshua,
tammy

Post subject: Re: A Simple Calling
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:38 pm 

Wonderful my brother thank you for sharing! /:)

Isn't it truly amazing (more like in awe) that although we are dust and so so small, we are so important to Him. What a privilege we have been given.

Peace to you all, your servant and fellow slave of Jaheshua, Kim