xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A Quick Conversation
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:59 pm 

Greetings One and All.

May our Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, and his Christ bless you and give you Peace.

Remember that dream awhile back that I posted about an attorney I worked with who got sick and died (in the dream) and later (in the dream) appeared glorified? Well . . . last week I was walking to work and happened to meet up with her on the way to the office. I happened to be carrying The Message bible in my hand just because I was in the mood to read a different version of the Bible (and The Message bible certainly qualifies as “different’). I had it under my arm along with my other carried items.

We greeted each other and after the greeting I thought to myself and asked myself (actually I do believe [in hindsight] that it had been Master telling me to show her), “Should I show her what I’m reading?” (Because I know she’s interested in spiritual things and such.) Me, being the shy person that I am said to myself: “Nah, she’s probably busy with work stuff/lawyering stuff.” We got to the elevator of our building and SHE looks down at my book under my arm and says: “What you reading?”

My mouth dropped open and I said to the Master: “Well . . . I guess you DO want me to show her what I’m reading.” I said to her: “Oh, uh, I’m reading the book of Job in The Message bible.” She says: “Oh, really! I bet that’s interesting.” I said: “Yes, it’s a really good read. Have you ever ready it?” She said: “Yes, but it was a long long time ago. You know what, Armand, I think you just inspired me to pick it up and start reading again.” I said: “Excellent!” At that moment, we parted ways and I turned down the hallway to my desk and she turned in the opposite direction toward her office.

And that’s all I have to say about that. . . .

--Armand

Post subject: Re: A Quick Conversation
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 pm 

Awesome. It's like the situation that Shelby is in now, being able to witness to that one woman, and because she listened to Christ to begin with instead of shrinking back... same as you listened when you told your co-worker about your dream.

One time I was pretty sure that my Lord was telling me to do something, and I was going to do it, but I was afraid that I might offend some people in the process, thinking they were something that they were not. So I asked my Lord if it might be okay, even though I knew I should not be afraid when He was directing me to do something, if He could somehow provide a way for me to know for sure. Well, just as I approached these people, one of them stated out loud (not to me, just out loud in conversation with others) who they were.

"Well... okay then!" I mean, that was pretty clear!

I think I should not have needed to ask for extra reassurance; I should have simply put my faith in Him, knowing that He will not lead me (or anyone) wrong, even when we are not sure about what is to come. But He still helped me, and your story above reminded me of that time.

Peace Armand,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:01 pm 

know what, Armand, I think you just inspired me to pick it up and start reading again.” I said: “Excellent!” At that moment, we parted ways and I turned down the hallway to my desk and she turned in the opposite direction toward her office.

Well, I believe the seed has been planted. Where it will go and how far, our Lord will direct it and you at least have an idea already of what is going on g:)

Thanks my brother for sharing! Keep us posted!

Love and Peace to you and your household as well /:)
Your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:10 pm 

Sounds like you've just received a pretty good hint for a great "holiday/seasonal" gift, dear Armand ( peace to you, luv!). The Message Bible isn't necessarily a prettily covered version... but heard tell you do a little bookbinding as a hobby... and pretty good, too - LOLOL! I can't imagine she wouldn't like one of YOUR "bound volumes." If nothing else, a discreetly but tastefully covered one might give her incentive to read a bit... which could lead to questions.

Not that we should be encouraging people to read the Bible (versus going directly to Christ). But that is often where folks' questions ABOUT Christ (can) start. Leading TO dialogue ABOUT (going to) Christ. At least, that's what occurred with the Ethiopian eunuch... so who knows?

Of course, I'm just guessing but it might even help make your wife's annual "gotta get something for the bigwigs at work who always get my husband something" (because it would be unkind not to, or to not accept their gift (s)... and just plain rude, if not greedy to accept theirs and give nothing in return if you KNOW they do this EVERY year) shopping chore easier. And maybe even lead to her (the lady) receiving additional gifts (not by owning/receiving/reading a Bible but perhaps what can result from the questions reading it might raise for her).

Anyway, thanks for sharing that... and hopefully your hands have stopped shaking by now - LOLOL!

Peace to you, my dear brother!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar