xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:45 pm 

I just saw this on my Facebook Page from a JW friend of mine. I about choked!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2097_n.jpg

I just had to share. By the way, did you know there is a "Jehovah's Kingdom Proclaimer's" page on Facebook? I didn't.

--Armand

P.S. If any one knows how to capture the picture here, please do so. I'm a bit challenged in that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:33 pm 

Just put the link in an the Img tag instead of URL.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:38 pm 

They typically ARE a good looking bunch. Although many of them are quite obese. I can't tell you how many large ones sat around me at the convention this past weekend. It's a big problem, not just among JWs, but among Americans. Funny, though, you never hear about anyone getting DF'd for gluttony. (OMG, I just looked up gluttony in the Shepherd the Flock elder's book and the verse they use is Prov 23:20,21. This one is not even listed in Paul's list of those who would not inherit the kingdom!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 pm 

Yes, I did see this and commented, thanks for sharing this my brother,
Love and peace to you, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:16 pm 

The Mormans are a nice looking group of people too, I am not sure the JWs have a monopoly on it lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 pm 

They supposedly belong to God... well, okay, "Jehovah"... and yet, they don't know that... wait a minute... maybe that's that reason they don't KNOW... they're following a FALSE god, that "Jehovah" created by MAN... that the MOST HOLY One of Israel... JaHVeH (aka JAH of Armies... aka the TRUE God)... doesn't LOOK at the outward appearance.

Wait... did I just hear "whitewashed graves" whispered in my ear?

Perhaps along with books... and many other things... some people really SHOULDN'T judge [others]... or BE judged... by THEIR covers. 'Cause the outward appearance truly can be deceiving.

Shaking head...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:11 am 

Kind of reminds me of the proud ( and perhaps good looking) Pharisee that Christ admonished.
So nice and "white washed" on the outside but so "ugly" on the inside...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:50 am 

Quote:
Perhaps along with books... and many other things... some people really SHOULDN'T judge [others]... or BE judged... by THEIR covers. 'Cause the outward appearance truly can be deceiving.

Oh YES!! They are really getting carried away in their pride and prejudice. More evidence of them thinking they are blessed because they are following the WT. Maybe they need to expand their Motto from "Listen, Obey and be Blessed" to "Listen, Obey and be blessed and you will be beautiful too."

Brother Lett isn't very beautiful?? LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 am 

Zoe wrote:
Quote:

Oh YES!! They are really getting carried away in their pride and prejudice. More evidence of them thinking they are blessed because they are following the WT. Maybe they need to expand their Motto from "Listen, Obey and be Blessed" to "Listen, Obey and be blessed and you will be beautiful too."

Brother Lett isn't very beautiful?? LOL

g:) g:) g:) Peace kim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:04 am 

Makes absolutely no difference what you look like on the outside - ugly, plain, or beautiful (according to whatever standards the world is using at the time, which do change). Because Christ and God do not look at the outside, which means nothing, but only at the inside.

The wts seems obsessed with being clean on the outside. ("don't bring reproach on the organization") In being so, innocents (or those who sin and mess up) are shown no mercy, shunned and/or df'd... just to keep the organization LOOKING clean. Not being clean. (actually showing mercy and love to all, including those who do bring 'reproach' on the organization, would help them out with that)

Peace to you,
your servant, sister, and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:25 pm 

May you all have peace! I have been directed by my dear Lord that I SHOULD have stated:

Quote:
some people really SHOULDN'T judge [others]... OR THEMSELVES... by their covers.

Because:

1. In judging at least ONE [other] by that outward cover... MANY, to their future demise...rejected our dear Lord, the very One who was sent to SAVE them:

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should [i]desire[/i] him.
He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God
stricken by Him and afflicted..."
Isaiah 53:1-4

2. And in judging HIMSELF by that outward cover... another not only caused his own downfall and destruction, but contributed to the downfall of the entire human species... and the future destruction of many of it:

‘In the pride of your heart
you say, “I am a god;

I sit on the throne of a god
in the heart of the seas.”

But you are a mere mortal and not a god,
though you think you are as wise as a god.
Are you wiser than Daniel?
Is no secret hidden from you?
By your wisdom and understanding
you have gained wealth for yourself
and amassed gold and silver
in your treasuries.

By your great skill in trading
you have increased your wealth,
and because of your wealth

your heart has grown proud.

“‘Because you think you are wise,
as wise as a god,

I am going to bring foreigners against you,
the most ruthless of nations;

they will draw their swords against YOUR beauty and wisdom
and pierce your shining splendor.
They will bring you down to the pit,
and you will die a violent death
in the heart of the seas.

Will you then say, “I am a god,”
in the presence of those who kill you?
You will be but a mortal, not a god,
in the hands of those who slay you.
You will die the death of the uncircumcised
at the hands of foreigners."

“‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

You were in Eden,
the garden of God;

every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.

You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.

You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.

You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.

Through your widespread trade

you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.

So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you,
guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.

Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.

"So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.
By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.

So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’”
Ezekiel 28:2-19

And, those who engage in EITHER of these, judging others by their outward covers... or judging THEMSELVES by [their own] outward cover... SHOW who they truly "belong" to.

But that doesn't have to be PERMANENT. One CAN change one's heart... simply by "choosing" a "father."

Or perhaps... a "mother." The WTBTS FOMENTS an environment of attention on the outward appearance. Indeed, they even have language that indicates an outward appearance such that one LOOKS/APPEARS... "SPIRITUAL." And so its "children" are truly beholden to the outward appearance. They truly BELIEVE that if ones LOOKS a certain way... "Jehovah" has "blessed" them! And if they do NOT... "Jehovah" has rejected/is not "pleased" with them! Hence, the suits, long skirts, no beards, "regulation" of dress... bookbags (scripture carrying phylacteries)... and severe preoccupation with physical cleanliness. And this may be TRUE... as to "Jehovah." But it is NOT true as to the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

And so, how FILTHY are they... in their their HEARTS... as to the "leaven" (that is hypocrisy and hate) that permeates throughout... and so, in their "worship" of "God." Such worship having a FORM of "godly devotion"... but proving VERY false... in its power. Because they serve a FALSE GOD, however, they utterly overlook the TRUTH... that the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, is NOT concerned with the outward appearance. It doesn't fool HIM. But, they can't SEE this... because of their blindness. Which they receive from the BLIND guides who lead them... and who they follow.

And so, those who trust in the outward appearance of things, and particularly their own/others' vessels (of flesh)... and even those who come out of her... but don't necessarily quit touching her "skirts" by means of the baggage they have piled up just outside... should consider the end of doing so. It did not end well, at least temporarily, for those who judged our dear Lord by his outward vessel... and it certainly won't end well for the one who trusted that HE was beautiful... and so, wise... and so a "god"... because of (mis)judging HIS outward appearance.

Which appearance was one of the two MOST glorious vessels ever created. Yet it will not save him. Because rather than keeping HIS face turned toward the TRUTH... the vessel of which One was NOT as glorious (in appearance, but certainly was in content!)... he turned toward his own self... and own "beauty." Too bad... too bad...

The fact that he WAS created... made him mortal... and NOT a god. Because only sons are gods... and sons... are BORN. NOT created. Somehow, that one forgot, overlooked, ignored... or disregarded... that truth. Regardless, he did so to his own demise and... unfortunately... that of many, many more to come. Both of flesh AND spirit... IN flesh and spirit.

If ANYONE is struggling with this tendency... to think that what appears to the EYES (of flesh) is what is "clean" and "beautiful" and "good-looking"... before GOD... and so APPEALS to the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... they really need to consider (re)turning to looking at... and to... Christ. And keeping their eyes... of spirit AND flesh... on him!

I, SA, have shared this with you dear ones here, just as I received it from and was directed to do by my Lord and King, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... who is the FIRSTBORN Son... of the MOST HOLY One of Israel, the TRUE and Sovereign God of ALL creation... JAH of Armies.

I hope it helps.

Peace to you... all.

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with, and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:19 pm 

A timeless observation...

Quote:
Some keep the Sabbath going to Church –
I keep it, staying at Home –
With a Bobolink for a Chorister –
And an Orchard, for a Dome –

Some keep the Sabbath in Surplice –
I, just wear my Wings

And instead of tolling the Bell, for Church,
Our little Sexton – sings.

God preaches, a noted Clergyman –
And the sermon is never long,
So instead of getting to Heaven, at last –
I’m going, all along.

--Emily Dickinson

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/182809

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 pm 

Quote:
2. And in judging HIMSELF by that outward cover... another not only caused his own downfall and destruction, but contributed to the downfall of the entire human species... and the future destruction of many of it:

Good point to remember!

I had to look up what 'surplice' meant, GL. Now that I did, I understand why you bolded that part. Yes. All the ritual clothing, etc, etc... from any tradition or 'codes'... means what to Christ and so, to God? They don't look at the outside of the cup... they look at the INSIDE.

peace to you both,
your servant, and sister, and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy