xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:25 pm 

The WBT$ said I should Sit Here and "Wait on Jehovah"..
........What do You Think?!..

......................................................................................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:36 pm 

Thank YOU, dear, dear LQ (again, peace to you!)... for allowing yourself to receive that WITHOUT being offended. I know you've heard enough lies in your life so, as usual, I just tried to keep it real for you, luv.

Peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:33 pm 

leaving_quietly: Somewhat similar problem with me. When I try to talk about TTATT it is like talking to a wall.

The tape starts repeating:
"Are you better from them?"
"You have nobody else in the world to care about you. Only the brothers and the elders."
"Who will help you when in need or sick?"
"JWs are clean and honest people. Do you want your children to end taking drugs, like the worldly teens?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:59 am 

(((((LQ))))) I feel for you so much, I have nothing to add as far as advice, all has been said already but I do think that you can't avoid the pain and confrontation if you want to end this misery. I do think Char's advice is a good idea, sitting down and talking about it with your wife, then you both will know where you stand with each other. But that is confrontation and that will have consequences.

It is easier said than done though and I am not one to give advice as I have to make changes myself and have no courage right now.

Hugs from Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:55 pm 

Quote:
leaving_quietly: Somewhat similar problem with me. When I try to talk about TTATT it is like talking to a wall.

The tape starts repeating:
"Are you better from them?"
"You have nobody else in the world to care about you. Only the brothers and the elders."
"Who will help you when in need or sick?"
"JWs are clean and honest people. Do you want your children to end taking drugs, like the worldly teens?"
Quote:

As a born in JW, I understand some of the difficulties in leaving the WTBTS. Luckily, my wife and I left at the same time. We were greatly surprised to find "worldly" parents that cared so much about their kids. The statements above only carry weight because it was at the time the only people we knew. We did not associate enough with people outside the WTBS to know whether people would care about us; help us when we are in need. One of the many things that amazed us once we left the WTBS was to see all the unhappy people and the things they were doing that the "world" knew about but we chose to be blind about. Such as, elders going to bars that were in a nearby town, JWs that were living double lives. Learning about the hypocrisy inside this religion was shocking to us. Learning the ttatt includes looking in fom the outside and this gives a whole new perspective. I will be truthful, this was not easy.

It was not easy leaving parents, uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, and friends of many years. Without plenty of prayer, Holy Spirit, and a few people like here on this forum we would not have made it. One of the first things that helped us was finding the real TRUTH. As JWs we were 2Ti 3:7 "always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." that is the real TRUTH. A question we were asking ourselves initially was where do we go? The right question was to WHOM do we go to?

Jhn 6:67
Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

Jhn 6:68
But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Jhn 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jhn 17:17
“Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
Jhn 8:32
“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
(The underlining is mine)
Yes, the Son is the Truth, that can set you free from the slavery and indoctrination of the wtbs. Taking one step at a time may help make it easier. Knowing whom to go to when leaving the wtbs can be a great first step.

LQ, I hope this helps a little with what you are going through.

FinalCall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:23 am 

Quote:
Jhn 8:32
“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So many (think they) know what it means and so quote this verse, dear FC (mornin' and peace to you, dear one!). It only makes REAL sense, though, and our dear Lord's REAL meaning only comes out when they read just a tad further, to verse 36, which says:

"So if the SON sets you free, you will BE free INDEED."

Hence, it is not TELLING the truth (about a matter that MIGHT be "bothering" one's conscience, as many think and teach - "Tell the truth and the truth shall set you free!") that was meant by our dear Lord... although speaking the truth is ALWAYS the best thing, of course, IF one MUST speak)... but KNOWING the Truth (that HE is)... as you shared when quoting John 14:6 ("I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life").

Which is further corroboration of his words that:

"THIS is eternal life: that they KNOW you, the only TRUE God... AND JAHESHUA the Chosen One (of JAH) (who some call "[Jesus]" Christ), whom you have sent." John 17:3

I realize all here (might) already know this, but perhaps there are some who are reading for the first time... and may still need to know. So, thank YOU for creating the opportunity! Perhaps they, too, will ask and be given ears to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to THEM:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... the holy spirit of the TRUE God, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... which spirit is poured out from the innermost parts of His Son and Christ (Anointed/Chosen One)... JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... for those wishing and thirsting... FREE[/color]!"

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm 

Oooh, just to clarify, I didn't mean YOU think you know, dear FC (again, peace to you!) - I know YOU know what it means - LOLOL! I just wanted to add the other verse because so many stop at the first (John 8:32, which is the probably one of THE most quoted verses - LOLOLOL! Yet, folks seldom read further to verse 36!).

I hope that helps!

Again, peace to you, luv!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 am 

Hello,

If I may; and for the record, I've never been married, bound to another by a legal contract. Yet, I have had a few relationships where I lived in unison with a boyfriend for several years.

LQ, you say here:

This has been done in an abundance so many times over the past few years. The message comes across loud and clear. She does not want to be married, but will not be the one to end it. She's even stated it in public that if I don't like this or that, I can just leave. And when I say in public, I mean in front of other family members. Yes, I've asked her if she would be willing to go to counseling, and she refused.

__

It would appear YOU are delaying the inevitable sir. She has stated clearly the ONLY reason she is still legally bound to you and your ENTIRE LIFE, is because she does not want to be the one to start the process due to her 'belief system' on the dynamics of a contractual marriage that exist in her religion. Translation: she is simply Being selfish with another Beings ENTIRE LIFE for her own gains.

Staying in this state of Being with a person who has stated clearly to you her reasons for remaining are simply your affliction. I n which, you must CONFRONT.

Yes, confrontation is a scary thing. Yet, by avoiding it when the bells are going off loud and clear that it is needed now, you do your own SELF a great disservice.

Seek some advise from a legal professional and let them know the situation. Seek out some tips on how to CONFRONT paramount issues in your life. I'd classify a fraudulent marriage as such.

Take stock in who YOU are. Where do YOU want YOUR next twenty years of life to go. Which roads do YOU want to travel and journey on and to. Take a good long look in t he mirror at yourSELF. SIR, YOU ARE VERY WORTHY. Look deeper into your own eyes. What is good for YOU.

I wish you well sir.

Sincerely, ~skally~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:24 am 

Wow @sKally your advice is absolutely perfect in my opinion. I Hope LQ comes back and reads this because what you said is extremely helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 am 

Thank you Zoe. It really IS that simple. Spending so much time and precious energy with such 'relationships' only keeps us from Being who WE were meant to Be. Where WE were meant to go. What WE are meant to love more than another. OUR SELVES.

LQ, your wife knows too why you stay. Ever think about that concept? She just will not be the one to CONFRONT DIVORCE.

Marriage has never been an option for me. Reason Being; I respect my SELF and MY freedoms and would never risk compromising either one; for the sake of binding mySELF to another Being, by a legally binding contract that kept me BOUND to such. Shutter the thought. It's about as scary as scary can get, as far as I see It.

Hope things are well for you these days zoe.

~skally~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm 

Thanks s-Kally and Zoe.

I keep thinking: just one more chance. Just give it one more chance. I'm running out of "one more chances".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm 

Quote:
I'm running

That is all I focused on in that sentence sir.

You are really only running from the inevitable...confrontation.

Remember, where and what do YOU want for the next twenty years of YOUR PRECIOUS LIFE? She's already decided what she wants. And she does not care if you stay or go. She is most likely just waiting for the excuse it will give her to ultimately cut you out of her life for good. But she is the coward.

You, must be your very own Hero, sir.

~skally~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:32 pm 

Whatever you ultimately CHOOSE to do, dear LQ (peace to you!)... I can understand that for YOU it must (1) be (as) "right" (as possible); (2) and so feel "right" to YOU; and (3) be what you DO want, ultimately. To that end, I had to develop a kind of personal motto for matters related to my heart (i.e., calling for an end to my first marriage - well, not an end but certainly a "Okay, you need to get the heck away from ME!" situation)... and my vocation (housing administrator):

"I don't terminate (employees), evict (tenants)... or divorce (husbands)... unless YOU (employee/tenant/husband)... give me NO [other] choice."

As long as there is a choice... in MY mind... then for me, these aren't options. I'm thinkin' maybe that might be where you "are" right now... and you know why that is (wink!).

Whatever you CHOOSE, no one of US has grounds to judge you... so don't worry about US - LOLOLOL!

I know you hear me, luv!

Peace... and strength... to you! Truly!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 pm 

Quote:
Oooh, just to clarify, I didn't mean YOU think you know, dear FC (again, peace to you!) - I know YOU know what it means - LOLOL! I just wanted to add the other verse because so many stop at the first (John 8:32, which is the probably one of THE most quoted verses - LOLOLOL! Yet, folks seldom read further to verse 36!).

I hope that helps!

Again, peace to you, luv!

YSSFS of Christ,
Quote:

No problem Shell. I knew what you were saying. I should have come back earlier and thanked you for adding the scripture to make it clearer. Between my cutting, pasting and losing info, I left John 8:36 out. So, thank you.

Your brother in CHRIST

FC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:40 am 

Got it, dear 'Mom... er, dear FC... uh, dear 'Mom... uh... huh?? LOLOLOL!

No, I got it, my dear brother (wink)!

PEACE to you and your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel