xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: "JaH"... or "Yah"?
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:40 pm 

To the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with... may you have peace!

You may have seen in another thread where I was reminded that I needed to share as to this topic. Please note, what I am sharing is not necessarily for most of you - you already know the Father's name and meaning ("JaH'VeH" meaning "JaH, Who Breathes [armies of spirits/lives/living beings into existence]") and the Son's ("JaH'eShua" meaning "JaH Saves/Is Salvation"). And you know the pronunciations (well, hopefully, you do) but I won't discuss that, just yet. But there is one who might be saved from personal disaster by means of the truth and so, rather than hand that one over… I must continue to fight (for him). I must take this fight to the congregation, though, in obedience to our dear Lord’s directive at Matthew 18:15-18, as I’ve already tried between that one and myself, and was not allowed to take one or two others with me to try and win such one back. I HATE that this is the case, but… the sheep do not belong to ME and so I must proceed as the Fine Shepherd would have me. Now, then:

To the Opposer, the name given me by my dear Lord, JaH'eShua, he the Son of the Father, JaH Who Breathes (VeH), to address you until...

You claim the name of the Son to be "Yeshua." By the spirit of my dear Lord, JaH’eShua, the Son (Issue/Get) of the Father (Begetter), whose spirit is upon and in me, I must disagree and say that such name is a LIE... and not much better than the name "Jesus" given by religion which you claim to reject. I am to share with you HOW that name is a lie using the reasoning YOU yourself gave, which reasoning is borne of ignorance and out of darkness.

You claim the name of the Son is "Yeshua" because the name of the Father is "Yah." As I tried to share with you, while the Father's name is pronounced "Yah," it is spelled "JaH." You denied that truth on the basis that the name I shared starts with a "J" and so is pronounced with a hard "j" (i.e., as used with the word in “jar”). But your lack of understanding as to languages, grammar, phonetics, and spelling is what will reveal your falsehood, as I lovingly, kindly, mildly, and peaceably TRIED to show you (but your own self-righteousness, arrogance, hubris, and ignorance got in the way... or perhaps it was the ill spirit you entertain... and would not allow it. Perhaps you will be able to set such aside and LEARN the TRUTH about this now, though. My hope is that you can and so but I will leave it to my dear Lord, JaH’eShua, for it is he who chooses his sheep (John 15:16).

The word "giraffe" is spelled with what is termed a soft "g". For instance, the words giant, germ, generate, gist, gel, gem, etc. A soft “g” is also present in words such as ridge, cringe, plunge, challenge, fringe, orange, biologist, cardiologist, cosmetologist, psychologist, allergy, edgy, energy, gym, prodigy, trilogy, Egypt, analogy, anthology, ideology, apology, biology, geology, mythology, psychology, and many, many more words. In words like these, the “g” is pronounced… like a hard “j” (i.e., jar, jet, jumble, jug, jumble, jaundiced, jubilation, etc.).

In contrast, words pronounced with a hard “g” would include gun, gum, go, got, good, gauge, gorgeous (which has the hard “g” sound for the first “g” and the soft “g” sound for the second “g”), give, grant, grow, grunt, girl, tiger, gift, and words with like sound for “g”. Notice, the word good is not pronounced "jood". Yet, the word "giant" is pronouced "jiant". And the word girl is not pronounced "jirl" and the word "gorgeous" is not pronounced "jorjeous", but the word "energy" IS pronounced "enerjy."

Well, these SAME rules apply… as to the English letter “j” - it has soft and hard pronunciations. I will PROVE this to you by sharing the history of the transformation of the letter “j”… from “I” (NOT the letter “I” but the letter “j”) to “j”… so to the hard (as in “jar”) and soft (as in “yes”) sounds of the letter. I need to add, though, since you wanted to impress me with all of your learnedness and reading, and “knowing history” and “knowing the Bible,” that this information could have been easily found ONLINE… had you bothered to even look for it. Indeed, there is SO much that I will just quote the data and provide a link so that you can “see” for yourself, if you are able.

Per Wikipedia:

Quote:
” J, or j, is the tenth letter in the modern English alphabet and the ISO basic Latin alphabet. Its usual name in English is jay (pronounced /ˈdʒeɪ/), with a now-uncommon variant jy /ˈdʒaɪ/. When used in the International Phonetic Alphabet for the y sound, it may be called yod or jod (pronounced /ˈjɒd/ or /ˈjoʊd/).

“The letter J used to be used as the swash* letter I, used for the letter I[i] at the end of Roman Numerals [i]when following another I, as in XXIIJ or xxiij instead of XXIII or xxiii for the Roman numeral representing 23. A distinctive usage emerged in Middle High German. Gian Giorgio Trissino (1478–1550) was the first to explicitly distinguish I and J as representing separate sounds, in his Ɛpistola del Trissino de le lettere nuωvamente aggiunte ne la lingua italiana ("Trissino's epistle about the letters recently added in the Italian language") of 1524. Originally, 'I' and 'J' were different shapes for the same letter, both equally representing /i/, /iː/, and /j/; however, Romance languages developed new sounds (from former /j/ and /ɡ/) that came to be represented as 'I' and 'J'; therefore, English J, acquired from the French J, has a sound value quite different from /j/ (which represents the initial sound in the English language word "yet").

So, let me help you to understand, if you can, Opposer:

A “j” can be hard or soft. When used PHONETICALLY… and the Hebrew language was a PHONETIC language as it DID NOT HAVE VOWELS (and a “y” is a VOWEL) but ONLY CONSONANTS (and a “j” is a CONSONANT)… the “j”… or “yod/yodh”… makes THE Y SOUND.

A “swash” letter, Opposer, is one that has a flourish. And so, the “I” used at the end of a Roman numeral usually had a flourish that made it look like what we call a “J”. But at some point, Sr. Trissino distinguished the “I” and “J” having their own distinct sounds and so the “J” at the end of Roman numerals was indicating two different sounds though INTENDED to be the same letter and sound. And when the Romance languages (no, NOT the “romantic” languages… the word “Romance” has NOTHING to do with what we use it for today but were the languages that derived from the languages of the ROMANS… i.e., LATIN… “new sounds from the former (sounds [/i]made by[/i]) /j/ (which was the “Y” sound) and /g/ (which was the soft “g” sound, such a “giant”) came to be represented as “I” and “J”.

In other words, BEFORE the “J” made the hard sound (i.e., jar, jump, jungle), it made the [i]soft sound /j/… which transliterates to the “y” sound (i.e., Frech “jes”… pronounced “yes”. Do you see, Opposer, that the French /j/ (yod) has the “y” sound, for example as in the word “yet”?

But perhaps you are more visual or even audial learner. So, let's forget Wikipedia (where you have to read words and learn about letters and symbols of which you have absolutely NO clue). Let’s look at the International Phonetic Alphabet website and HEAR how the letter “j” is pronounced in the chart in this link:

https://www.internationalphoneticalphabet.org/ipa-sounds/ipa-chart-with-sounds/

They look like this:

Click on the two forms of “j,” if you would be so kind… and HEAR… FOR YOURSELF, Opposer... the pronunciation the SON HIMSELF gave me as to HIS name, “JaH’eShua.” He GAVE me that name because that name IS THE FULFILLMENT of what he said to those of Israel, as recorded at Matthew 23:39:

“'O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of (the Lord)!’”

Of course, those last statement, “the name of the Lord,” is inaccurate (it is an inaccurate Greek translation by Erasmus, which he mistranslated from the Latin Vulgate… which Jerome greatly mistranslated. But I am to address that when I address your beloved KJV in another thread. Back to the issue at hand (the “j” making the “y” sound).

Your lack of knowledge and understanding as to languages, grammar, phonetics… and the Father and Son themselves, Opposer, “Yeshua” CANNOT be the name of the Son… if the name of the Father is “Yah.” It would HAVE to be “Yahshua.” For as I shared in my penultimate thread, the term/name “Yeshua” isn’t even how it’s spelled. Rather, the “e” is NOT an “e” at all, but a schwa, which is the letter “ə”. I didn’t share but will do so know that even that is not the accurate rendering. For the sound made by the schwa is “uh” as in “about”… and not “ah”, as in JaH OR Yah, the latter which YOU receive as correct.

So, here we are, with yet another of your falsehoods exposed. Would that I could have simply shared this with you in private, as I tried… and doing so even AFTER you came after me with judgment and vengeance, and then GREAT ANGER in your “voice.” All because I didn’t listen to and follow YOU and take YOUR word as truth, but told you that I would consider ALL that you had shared and would ASK. Which OF COURSE I was going to do. I was NEVER going to follow you, EVEN if what you had shared was truth… and you know this. Because you DO know who I follow and listen to. You have observed that for the better part of YOUR life. Certainly, all of your adulthood. If what you had shared WAS truth, I still would not have followed you but only served as a "2nd witness" to the truth of it. Unfortunately, I could not... and for that, you became incensed (and that how I came to see YOU, ill spirit).

You CHOSE to include me in your “proclamations” of anger at others NOT because you believe they are only following me (your flimsy excuse) but because when you are angry, you lash out. Always have. Leaving all manner of casualties in your wake. And if they HAVE been following me, well, then THEY haven’t been listening to the Master OR me, all along. For I have always told them, as I have always told you… as I tell EVERYONE… do NOT listen to or follow ME – I am NO ONE's leader. I don't WANT to be anyone's leader. I... am nothing but a good for nothing servant. LISTEN to, LOOK to/at, and FOLLOW Christ, the Son. If they didn't listen, that is not my fault. If YOU didn't listen... that is not MY fault. For we are ALL to kiss the SON, not "Shelby."

That Son is JaH’eShua: he who comes in the name of JAH… and is the Holy (Spirit – 2 Corinthians 3:17, 18; Revelation 1:18; 2:1, 7, 8, 11, 12, 17, 18, 29; 3:1, 6, 7, 13, 14, 22; consider, please, the construction of the Tabernacle and Temples and see Exodus 26:33; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19; Ephesians 2:19–21; Hebrews 9:3; 1 Peter 2:5; 10:20; and Revelation 21:22.

So, before you deign to judge me, Opposer, please… DO at least get your SECULAR facts straight if you can't manage to get your spiritual facts straight. Meaning, take a LANGUAGE course, or one on grammar, even better… phonetics. Even BETTER… shake that ill spirit off your back… and return to the One who gave his VERY life for yours. Which he did NOT so that you can go around judging people “in the name of Yeshua,” but so that YOU can do what HE did: set people FREE… using LOVE, MERCY, and FORGIVENESS.

Because to the extent you judge (and you have absolutely NO grounds on which to judge ME but did so and are doing so, again, out of your anger at others as well as your own envy, which is ROTTENESS… TO THE BONE - Proverbs 14:30)… YOU… WILL be judged. For the Son’s tongue is NOT false but speaks truth ALWAYS (Matthew 7:1-3; Proverbs 8:4-9, 22-31). And the word he used was "will", not "may." You will be judged.

Now, go... and perhaps learn what the Father meant when He said:

“I DESIRE… MERCY… NOT sacrifice.” Hosea 6:6; Matthew 9:13; 12:7

For it is only by doing so, by humbling YOURSELF… that you won’t be humbled by Him. Because HIS humiliation upon you will be far, far harder to bear than you simply taking care of that yourself.
But you don’t have to take MY word for any of this. Because there is one in your life who can attest to this truth personally. And even if you doubt that one, you can always turn around, face the SON… JaH’eShua… and ask HIM.

Again, may the underserved kindness and mercy of MY God and Father, JaH Who Breathes (VeH), and the love and mercy of His Son, MY Lord and Master, JaH’eShua… be upon you and your household… be you brother… or enemy.

Your servant, sister (?), and a slave of Christ,

Shel

Post subject: Re: "JaH"... or "Yah"?
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:58 pm 

May you all have peace!

Again, if I can share something to help, I will try.

Quote:
You claim the name of the Son is "Yeshua" because the name of the Father is "Yah." As I tried to share with you, while the Father's name is pronounced "Yah," it is spelled "JaH." You denied that truth on the basis that the name I shared starts with a "J" and so is pronounced with a hard "j" (i.e., as used with the word in “jar”).

To this part (and in addition to all that Shelby - peace to you my sister! - shared about grammar and letter pronunciation) we know that the 'j' can have the 'y' sound, just from the word(s), Hallelujah (meaning Praise JAH). We don't pronounce Hallelujah with a hard 'j'. So it should not be hard to see that we do not pronounce JAH with a hard 'j'. It is just not true to say that Jah must be pronounced with a hard 'j'.

(I will say that I recognized the truth of JAHVEH - with the 'y' sound - from the first moment I read/heard it. It was just rang true. On the other hand, I was never ever comfortable with "Jehovah", because of course that is false.)

As to my Lord's name, I know that His name is Jaheshua because He has confirmed this to me. As always, if one wishes to know the truth of this or any other matter, then one should take the matter to THE Truth: Christ Jaheshua, and ask Him.

Just some other things to consider (and to take to Christ):

Christ came in the name of His Father (JAH). He carries His Father's name in His name. Many (if not most/all) of the prophets carried the name of JAH in their names as well (though sometimes spelled in English with the 'i' instead of the 'j')
Jeremiah
Nehemiah
Zekariah

How much more so the name of the Son who came in the name of His Father (the name of JAH)? As well, the Son's name must have the name of the Father in it because His name literally means JAH saves/salvation of JAH. Jah'eshua = Jah saves/salvation of JAH.

In summary, although the name of God - JAH - is spelled with a "J" (at least in English, I do not know about the spelling in other languages, though the pronunciation should remain the same), it is pronounced with a 'y' (as we can see from Hallelujah). And the name of the Son has the name of the Father in it.

I hope that post wasn't too rambling, and that something in it may help.

Peace again to you all.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:32 am 

How much more so the name of the Son who came in the name of His Father (the name of JAH)? As well, the Son's name must have the name of the Father in it because His name literally means JAH saves/salvation of JAH. Jah'eshua = Jah saves/salvation of JAH.

In summary, although the name of God - JAH - is spelled with a "J" (at least in English, I do not know about the spelling in other languages, though the pronunciation should remain the same), it is pronounced with a 'y' (as we can see from Hallelujah). And the name of the Son has the name of the Father in it.

Wonderful summary and explanation my dear sisters ( peace to you both).

For me personally after spending 36 years in the Watchtower using the name jEhovAh, what was so profound instantly to me and so easy to accept when our Lord revealed his true name was this....

First as was mentioned “HalleluJAH”. The world uses it, sings about it and says it as YAH with a J...
Duh!

Second in the New World Translation we (JWs) have read our whole lives the book of Psalms. Go back and see just how many times the name JAH is praised and glorified.

And this,

Psalms 68:4

“ Sing you to God, make melody to his name; Raise up a song to the One riding through the desert plains. As JAH (notice a * after it) which is his name, and jubilate before him.”

When you look down at the big reference bible you see the * tell us exactly how it’s pronounced.

YAH!!! That’s all I needed!

Not a YEH or JEH (ovah) but JAH pronounced YAH. And the rest of psalms throughout testifies to this.

“ Praise JAH you people. Let every breathing thing praise JAH.”

Simple. He reminded me cuz I could not understand at the time why they couldn’t “see this.”
He told me, he would NOT allow them to because of what they would do to it. Profane it.
Look at what is done in the name of Jehovah. ? That is their god, not ours/ mine.

Which is why we know the Lord’s Prayer is true. “ Let your name ( Jah) remain holy, sanctified and clean.”

Have a wonderful day everyone and peace to all of you,

your servant slave and sister in Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:57 am 

Excellent points, my dear sisters (peace to you, both!). Another lesson (for those who NEED to know the TRUTH about this):

In the names, Nehemiah, Jeremiah, etc., that "i"? Is a... YODH... or /j/. Hence, Nehem'JaH and Jerem'JaH, the latter pronounced "Yerm'YaH", "Yerme'YaH":

Don't let the "e" and "i" differences fool ya, though - Hebrew was a phonetic language, vowel-wise.

This, though, is why the WTBTS discourages education (unless they can use yours): keep people illiterate and you can keep them ignorant. Unless, that is, the Christ finds them and calls them out - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you all and to your dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:53 pm 

Quote:
Psalms 68:4

“ Sing you to God, make melody to his name; Raise up a song to the One riding through the desert plains. As JAH (notice a * after it) which is his name, and jubilate before him.”

When you look down at the big reference bible you see the * tell us exactly how it’s pronounced.

True! I looked it up. Here's the whole footnote, if anyone really cares:

“As Jah.” BHSftn(Heb.), ki Yah; M(Heb.), beYahʹ, “by Jah.” Yah is the first half of the Tetragrammaton, YHWH. It occurs 49 times in M distinguished by a point (mappik) in its second letter and once, in Ca 8:6, without the mappik. TLXXSyVg, “Jehovah.” See Ex 15:2 ftn, “Jah”; App 1A.

Quote:
keep people illiterate and you can keep them ignorant

Ignorant by hiding the truth like they did in the "revised" NWT. Same footnote reads, simply: “Jah” is a shortened form of the name Jehovah.
Um... no, it's not.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:36 pm 

“Ignorant by hiding the truth like they did in the "revised" NWT. Same footnote reads, simply: “Jah” is a shortened form of the name Jehovah.”
Um... no, it's not.

LOLOL! of course it’s NOT! It would be JEH. Thanks for that. I hadn’t realized they changed that footnote reading different from the large NWT edition reference bible. Ooh well....

More lies to cover all the other lies!

I remember reading in the the new silver NWT edition that they acknowledge that Jehovah is not the exact/truthful way to pronounce it, but because it has become so widely known and used, they accept it. Since when is that okay? Admitting it’s not accurate but at least we use it or not think it too sacred to use. ?

Just like they admit “Jesus” is not the name the early disciples used. Duh of course not. Jesus is not and never has been his name.
Yet, they (Jehovah’s Witnesses) use it...JESUS!

So...BOTH the name of the father, The Most Holy One and His Son The Holy, the most important beings and names to call upon and they admit they don’t pronounce them correctly!

Ughhhhhh!!!!

Ooh well.....

Nice to hear from ya Joe,
Peace always, kim

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 pm 

Quote:
Yah is the first half of the Tetragrammaton, YHWH.

LIES, I tell ya - LOLOLOL! The Tetragrammaton is not YHWH but JHVH (as ya'll know I've share MENTY times). S'how they came up with "JeHoVaH" in the first place. Whoever did just added one too many vowels (where in the world did they get the "O"???) as well as switch the phonetic sounds of the other two vowels (how did the "ah" sound turn into "eh" and the "eh" sound turn into "uh"???).

Praise JAH... His Son SPEAKS. Else, we'd STILL prolly have no clue!

Peace to you ALL and to your dear households -

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:12 pm 

Quote:
S'how they came up with "JeHoVaH" in the first place.....Shelby

It`s a 13th Century translation mistake made by a Spanish, Catholic Monk.

Without the Catholic`s.
The WBT$ JW Cult wouldn`t have a name for their God, or Religious Cult.
The WBT$ JW`s also adopted the Catholic Bible.
Then tweaked it, to support WBT$ JW Cult doctrine.

Has the WBT$ ever:
Sent a Thank-You Note to the Catholics?
Invited the Catholic Pope over for Dinner?

Hey Shelby!
Where in this Day and Age.
Did you Manage to Find a Pharisee?

The "Followers of Christ" are On to Us.
We need to Find Something New, to Quibble About!

........Image

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm 

Quote:
Where in this Day and Age.
Did you Manage to Find a Pharisee?

You kiddin', dear Sher'f (peace to you, m'friend!)? They're in prack'ly every religion out there! They jus' call themselves by sumthin' else these days. Today, they're called "elders" among other things - LOLOLOLOL' 'Cause, y'know, "Satan keeps transforming himself..." and all that and so like how the College of Pontiffs of the ancient Roman state religion is now the College of Cardinals.

Pharisees = elders, et al.

Peace, dear friend!

YSFS of Christ,

Shelb

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm 

Quote:
You kiddin', dear Sher'f (peace to you, m'friend!)? They're in prack'ly every religion out there! They jus' call themselves by sumthin' else these days. Today, they're called "elders" among other things - LOLOLOLOL' .....Shelby

Ahhhh, the Obvious...LOL!!

1 Potato - 2 Potato -3 Potato...
Jehovah Loves Potato`s!
Help the WBT$, Buy Potato`s!!! $$$$$
1 Potato - 2 Potato -3 Potato...