xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:31 pm 

To the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... peace to you all and to your dear household -

I had thought to remain silent on this topic due to the reason it came up in my life – just be done with the issue. But I have been directed by my dear Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JaH'eShua, to NOT be silent but to share the truth as HE gave it to me, as there is at least one who needs to know. I tried to share the truth as to this issue with that one alone, as my dear Lord has always directed I do (Matthew 18:15-18), something the one who need to know did not possess enough love to do for me; rather, he apparently greatly prided himself on trying to call me out before an audience of several others (actually, call us all out in front other one another). Unfortunately, since the Christ ALWAYS has the last word, this prideful act will not stand.

I absolutely would have taken the next step (taken one or two along with me to speak with him), but he won’t allow it: while feeling absolutely NO qualms about trying to call US out publicly, he blocked all access to anyone trying to communicate in return with him. You know: can dish it out… but cannot take it. SO JW. Well, I am to now “speak to the congregation,” as to this matter. My hope is that he is won back and that we will not have to treat him as a “tax collector” (i.e., having no dealings with him at all except should he come to be in some kind of need for which, of course, we would help all we could).

Well, to it, then.

As you know, I have shared with you on more than one occasion that our dear Lord gave me that since he is Lord of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:8), EVERY day is to be a Sabbath to the Father, a day for ceasing from doing our own works and doing the Father's works. As he is recorded to have said, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." John 5:17. I shared that these works are NOT the Father’s creative works, which He rested from on the 7th “day” of His creating, which “day” we are still in as it has not yet ended (Genesis 2:3), but His RE-Creative days… in which, in His SON… He is making US “over” into NEW creations BY that Son teaching us LOVE (borne out in mercy and forgiveness, NOT judgment and condemnation. Through his teaching, the Son is ruling while his enemies still exist, teaching us to be “peaceable” with ALL humans (Psalm 110:1, 2; Matthew 5:7, 9; Romans 12:18; 1 Corinthians 15:25; 1 Thessalonians 5:13; Hebrews 12:14; James 3:18; 2 Peter 3:14).

And so, such works included healing the sick/lame/blind, feeding the hungry or those who asked of us, giving our inner garment as well as our outer garment, if asked, going 2 miles if asked to go one, etc. We know, though, that along with these physical works there are also spiritual works. And our dear Lord did BOTH on the Sabbath. We can know because, as to physical works on the Sabbath, the following is recorded:

“At that time JaH’eShua went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. And his disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, “Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!” But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless? Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple. But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.” Matthew 12:1-8

The account goes on:

“Now when he had departed from there, he went into their synagogue. And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked him, saying, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”—that they might accuse him. Then He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other.” Matthew 12:8-13

But, of course, that wasn’t good enough for the evil-hearted, judgmental Pharisees. For they “went out and plotted against him, how they might destroy him.” And for what reason did they want to do that? They wanted to because of their own leaven, which was their HYPOCRISY (Luke 12:1)… and their own envy (because the crowds were following him not them). Envy… which is rottenness TO THE BONE (Proverbs 14:30)… and thus rottenness… all the way to the spirit (Hebrews 4:12, 13; Mark 16:11; Luke 24:23; John 1:1, 14; Revelation 19:13, 15 ).

We can also know that our dear Lord himself worked on the Sabbath, because he not only healed and fed others, but TAUGHT… in the synagogues, outside the temple in the city, in the fields, on the water, etc., on the Sabbath (Mark 1:21; 6:2; Luke 4:16, 31; 13: 10, 14-16; 14:1; John 5:16, 18; 9:16). Indeed, he “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few,” and directed those who belong to him “… pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” (Matthew 9:37, 38) I know YOU all know this but in case anyone doesn’t, “laborer” is another word for worker.

Anyway, when I tried to explain all of this, I was accused of “violating” the 10 Commandments because I didn’t “keep the Sabbath.” Although I told this person that I don’t work on Saturday OR Sunday (and forgot to tell him at the time that Saturday is MY day and I don’t really do ANY kind of work, NOT because I’m “observing” the Sabbath but because I’m usually wiped out from my week (LOLOL!), it wasn’t enough.

Anyway, because of the Sabbath issue, we got on the subject of “the Lord’s day” which, in his view, is the 7th day of the week. We looked up various verses in the OT as I tried to explain that I wasn’t under the Old Law but had been set free from that by Christ. He emphasized that there were “two” laws in the beginning: the Father’s Law (the 10) and Moses’ Law. I agreed because I understand that while the Father, wrote down the 10, a lot of the others were what Moses handed down (though, the Father handed many of those down, as well). He was of the mind that while we didn’t need to keep Moses’ Laws, we did need to keep the 10. I vehemently agreed with him because as our dear Lord said, the entire Law hung on two: love God with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Well, that didn’t change his view as to keeping the 10 and although I reiterated that I DID keep the 10, his position was that I did not because I didn’t observe the Sabbath as the 7th day of the week.

At some point, though, we began talking about one being “in spirit” and I was directed to take him to the Revelation. As I was reading to him, we came across the following passage:

“I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of [Jesus] Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet…” Revelation 1:9, 10

For him… that was enough: “See! John received the Revelation ON THE LORD’S DAY! ON THE SABBATH!”

[Side-Bar: Please note, we were reading from the KJV (initially titled, "THE HOLY BIBLE, Conteyning the Old Teſtament, AND THE NEW: Newly Tranſlated out of the Originall tongues: & with the former Tranſlations diligently compared and reuiſed, by his Maiesties ſpeciall Comandement"… “his Majestiies” being James VI (of Scotland) and I (of England and Scotland), the nephew and successor of Queen Elizabeth I who founded the Church of England, which her father rejected after the RCC wouldn’t sanction his divorce from Catherine of Aragon to marry Anne Boleyn… who he had beheaded as a witch when she didn’t produce a male heir (though we NOW know a child’s sex is determined by the father)…and so, of course, we know how far off THAT version can be (hence, the AKJ and the NKJV… along with the FACT that the version originally contained 39 OT books, 14 apocryphal books (which are no longer included, but the person INSISTED the KJV was “the most accurate Bible”) and 27 NT books. End of digression.]

Anyway, as I stated, he took John’s statement “I was in the spirit ON the Lord’s Day,” to mean John received the Revelation on the Sabbath. Having had my Lord explain to me that, in Greek, the word often stated on older Bible versions as “on” were often meant to be “in” (they are the same Greek word) I started to try and explain that. Since this person insisted that the KJV was the most accurate Bible, though, there was no immediately way to help him “see” that John actually wrote that he was “IN” the Lord’s Day… mean NOT a literal 7th day Sabbath, but the “day” when all things were to culminate (which was at a future time). Until… now.

For some days, I “troubled” myself over this, questioning what I had heard from our dear Lord about the Sabbath, about EVERY day being a Sabbath, about NOT putting anyone BACK under the Old Law (of observing dates, and times, and seasons… which goes AGAINST the law of Christ (Romans 14:4-6; Galatians 4:9, 10; Colossians 2:16, 17). But I KNOW… FOR A FACT… that my dear Lord has NEVER lied to or misled me; HIS words have ALWAYS been true. And so, HE gave me the proof that John did NOT say he was in the spirit ON the Lord’s day, but rather, he in the spirit IN the Lord’s day. For as Luke, Paul and Peter indicated, the Lord’s Day was NOT a single say of the week but a “day” that was still to come:

“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Acts 2:17-21

”As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are our's in the day of the Lord (Jesus).” 2 Corinthians 1:14

” For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.” 1 Thessalonians 5:2

”But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” 2 Peter 3:10

What, did these three men think every Saturday was going to sneak up on us??? And if they did mean a Saturday, where has the culmination occurred? Where the blood, fire, and smoke? The sun turned to darkness and the moon to blood? Where have the heavens passed away with a great noise and the elements melted with fervent heat, the earth and the works therein burned up???????

The Greek word for “day”… hēmera (G2220) and for “in” and “on”…en (G1722)… are the same in ALL of these verses, including Revelation 1:10.

Dear ones – If someone comes to you and tells you that you are sinning against GOD… because you do not observe a weekly Sabbath day (and what, can pretty much do whatever the heck else you want on every other day??)… consider what I have been given to share with you hear. And do, as I did with that one: I sent him a warm thank you, said that I would consider what HE had shared and ASK. Meaning, of course, as the Master. For I have only ONE Teacher and ONE Master/Leader, which is him (Matthew 23:7, 10, 11). And he has NEVER lied to me. So, it is his voice… ALONE… that I will listen to and turn my ear AWAY from that of a “stranger,” dare I say a “demon” (John 10:3-5, 27)… and keep MY gaze on and ear TO the Christ (John 3:14). I dare say "demon" because the VERY ANGRY reply I received in return, obviously because I didn't just TAKE such one's word for it but WOULD ask (of COURSE, I would and had he TRULY known me he would have known that... along with a lot of other things he apparently THOUGHT he knew but did not).

For while I am certain that I have enjoyed quite a long period without “testing” by the Adversary, I do not fear him or any one he deigns to use. Allows themselves to be uses. For if our dear Master wasn’t spared, neither shall I be. But because of him, our dear Lord, the Adversary has once again well misjudged THIS “opportune time.”

Unlike Paul, I won’t do as he directed and ”… deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord JaH'eShua.” 1 Corinthians 5:5

No. The Father doesn’t want ANY to die, but ALL to repent. And so, I will do as my dear Lord directed (as I have [tried] for SO many years):

"Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. … Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” Matthew 5:44, 45, 48

May the underserved kindness and mercy of MY God and Father, JaH Who Breathes (VeH), and the love and mercy of His Son, MY Lord and Master, JaH’eShua… be upon youl and your dear, dear households… be you brother… or enemy.

Your servant, sister (?), and a slave of Christ,

Shel

P.S. And this board is NOT an "organization" NOR am I its "leader." Anyone here would tell anyone who cared to that. Anyone still can. Ask.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:54 pm 

Peace to you all,

I do not know if I can help, but I will add what I am able. I also recently had a similar conversation about the Sabbath and shared similar verses (regarding not celebrating special days, weeks, months, etc), and every day being a Sabbath day, being holy unto God. Praise JAH every day; worship, love, obey, bear witness to our dear Lord, help to build one another up in Christ... any day that we can do these things. But out of JOY! Not obligation. JOY and LOVE... for JAH and for His dear Son, JAH'eshua!

I have not ever heard from my dear Lord that I am doing wrong in not setting aside a single day of the week as a Sabbath day. No judgment from me (or Shelby - peace to you!!! - I am SURE) for what another person chooses to do. But if one wishes to know the truth of this or of any other matter, one should - as always - take these things to THE Truth: Christ Jah'eshua.

I will share that one time I became concerned about working on Sunday (before I knew that the Sabbath day in Israel was a Saturday). But I worked the shifts I could work out of love for my husband (to help him support our family, so that he would not have to carry that load all himself), and I was reminded in the spirit by my Lord at that time, that love is the law. I have had no more concerns on the matter since then.

And yes, the entire law is summed up in the two commands: Love God with your whole heart, soul, mind and love your neighbor as yourself.

As for this:

Quote:
For him… that was enough: “See! John received the Revelation ON THE LORD’S DAY! ON THE SABBATH!”

Why would he have been referring to the Sabbath when he said "the Lord's Day"? Even in Acts, the Sabbath is still called the Sabbath. The Lord's Day is something that man/religion calls Sunday or Saturday NOW, a tradition. It's so commonplace that I didn't really notice it in a recent conversation with a member of the RCC when she used the term to describe Sunday. Except - even though I knew what she meant - it felt/sounded 'off'. Because of course it was not true.

Quote:
And so, HE gave me the proof that John did NOT say he was in the spirit ON the Lord’s day, but rather, he in the spirit IN the Lord’s day. For as Luke, Paul and Peter indicated, the Lord’s Day was NOT a single say of the week but a “day” that was still to come:

Yes! I do not have anything to add, those verses make it clear (2Peter 3:10, 1Thess 5:2, 2Corinth 1:14; Acts 22:17-21), thank you for sharing them as our dear Lord gave you to share, my sister! The Lord's Day = Day of the Lord, a day yet to come. John (of Patmos) was in the Spirit, in that Day (the day of the Lord).

Peace again to you my dear sister, and to you all, and to your dear households,
your sister, servant, and a fellow slave of Christ Jah'eshua, the Chosen and Holy One of JAH (who is the Most Holy One).
tammy

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:14 am 

Quote:
out of JOY! Not obligation. JOY and LOVE... for JAH and for His dear Son, JAH'eshua!

Greetings and peace to you, dear, dear Tams... YES! Because we WANT to... and NOT because some law compels us to! For as our dear, dear Lord told the hypocritical scribes and Pharisees of his day in the flesh and reminded ME just now:

“The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Mark 2:27

I REJOICED when he reminded me of that because most people have it backward. It was/IS a GIFT from the Father, a day for us to be kind TO OURSELVES. If, on that day, what we're doing is helping others, including engaging in some work out of LOVE... then there is NO law "against" it! For we are not only being kind to that other... but also TO ourselves, yes? Because we heap BLESSINGS upon our own heads! Which is why it should be EVERY day.. At least, it should be so if we follow the footsteps the Master left us!

Quote:
if one wishes to know the truth of this or of any other matter, one should - as always - take these things to THE Truth: Christ Jah'eshua.

Thank you for that, as well! I had another issue to post about and could NOT for the life of me remember this morning. You have just jarred my memory, though - the one in question does not accept JaH'eShua as his Lord, but ascribes to "Yeshuah".... because he cannot accept that the letter "j" (1) can be pronounced with the "y" sound; (2) was once confused with the letter "i" and so was given a "tail"; and (3) is the true letter for the Hebrew yodh, and NOT the "y". But I am to share as to that to set THAT issue aright, we well. So, THANK you for "jarring" my memory!

Quote:
Even in Acts, the Sabbath is still called the Sabbath. The Lord's Day is something that man/religion calls Sunday or Saturday NOW, a tradition. [Italics mine.]

YES, YES, YES!!

Quote:
The Lord's Day = Day of the Lord, a day yet to come. John (of Patmos) was in the Spirit, in that Day (the day of the Lord).

YES, YES, YES... and THANK you for being a "2nd witness" to these truths, my dear, DEAR sister! And PRAISE JAH... and HIS Son and Christ... the One who comes in HIS name, JAH'ESHUA... for giving us EARS TO HEAR when that Son SPEAKS to us!

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of OUR dear, dear Father, JAH Who Breathes (VeH) and the LOVE and PEACE of His Son and Christ, our dear, DEAR Lord, JaH'eShua, he who comes in the name of JaH... be upon you AND your dear household... to time indefinite... my dear sister!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:55 am 

Greetings to my sisters, peace to you both and to your households,

Loved all that was shared by you both. It always makes perfect sense when our Lord JAHeshua shares or clarifies “truth”.

In coming to understand that JAHehsua is “Lord of the Sabbath” and every single day is a day devoted to JAH and Christ because we love them, it is truly how one would...or should...walk if they profess to be in union with or part of our Lords body.

No day since being released of that old law should be any different from another.

If we are to walk by faith and live our truth everyday out of LOVE because there is NO LAW against love, then what would one do differently on a Saturday or Sunday than Monday- Friday???

And wouldn’t our Lord have been transgressing and being hypocritical to tell us one thing and do another? He surpassed it with love and mercy triumphing in every deed he did and showed us the kind of beings he and our father are as an example for us to be.

Of course the Pharisees accused him of this (transgressing) but those that follow Christ already know this and the wicked thoughts and deeds of the Pharisees and people.

If one professes to believe and follow Christ, one knows his transgressing wasn’t true, and one would know that everything he did regardless of the day it was on was a gift and deed of love and mercy. A surpassing triumphing law of love. Who cares what day it’s on??

Wouldn’t one rejoice on any day that we or our loved one was healed, resurrected, fed, clothed, etc?

Praise be to JAH and JAHeshua and may ALL glory honor and praise go to them. Their names ALWAYS remain holy, clean and true.

Love your sister, fellow servant and slave of JAHeshua the chosen of JAH,
kim

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:44 pm 

Quote:
Anyway, when I tried to explain all of this, I was accused of “violating” the 10 Commandments because I didn’t “keep the Sabbath.”

We can also know that our dear Lord himself worked on the Sabbath, because he not only healed and fed others, but TAUGHT… in the synagogues, outside the temple in the city, in the fields, on the water, etc., on the Sabbath.....Shelby

Hey Shelby!
Who is this guy who thinks he can take inventory on you, or anyone else?
He doesn`t know the old laws were replaced with Jesus?
He doesn`t know Jesus worked on the Sabbeth?
Does he know how Following Jesus works?
Obviously not.
You`re not the one who needs schooling.

For those who don`t know:
I`m not a Christian.
I have No Faith and have No Idea if God Exists or Not.
But...
I have a problem with people who attack "Followers of Christ".
You can be sure, I won`t allow it here.

Quote:
P.S. And this board is NOT an "organization" NOR am I its "leader." Anyone here would tell anyone who cared to that. Anyone still can. Ask.....Shelby

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:53 pm 

SO funny, to me, dear, dear Sher'f (peace to you, my dear friend) -

The ONE person on the board who readily admits he is NOT a christian/believer actually "runs" the board! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Oh, my - I think I might bust a stitch over that one! Please, let me borrow your yahoo knee-slapper gif, dear Sher'f? Can I, huh, can I?

It amazes me... AMAZES me... how much people think they "know" me... and don't have a flippin' CLUE... because they don't BOTHER to GET to know me.

Sigh. Earthling man. What CAN we say about him? Nothing more than's already been said by JaH and Christ.

THANK you, dear, dear Sher'f... for your friendship to me and loyalty to me and my "brothers" here. ALWAYS appreciated and NEVER taken for granted!

The GREATEST of love and peace to you, dear, dear friend!

YSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 pm 

Peace to you all,

Quote:
THANK you, dear, dear Sher'f... for your friendship to me and loyalty to me and my "brothers" here. ALWAYS appreciated and NEVER taken for granted!

Ditto that from me too, Outlaw!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:25 pm 

tec wrote:
Peace to you all,

Quote:

Ditto that from me too, Outlaw!!!

Ooh yes.... ditto from me as well!

Thank you so much dear sheriff, you have endured a long time here and your love and support will truly be remembered and blessed.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Peace and comfort to you from our Lord,
kim

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:34 pm 

Quote:
The ONE person on the board who readily admits he is NOT a christian/believer actually "runs" the board! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!....Shelby

You had me scratching my head when you first asked me.
I`m thinking:...*"What?...Who?...Me?!"*...LOL!!
Considering the lengths some people would go to, to aggressively attack you and the others.
I could hardly say no...LOL!!...All in all, it was a good decision.
We have a nice forum here.

Quote:
Oh, my - I think I might bust a stitch over that one! Please, let me borrow your yahoo knee-slapper gif, dear Sher'f? Can I, huh, can I?.....Shelby

Quote:
THANK you, dear, dear Sher'f... for your friendship to me and loyalty to me and my "brothers" here. ALWAYS appreciated and NEVER taken for granted!....Shelby

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:50 pm 

tec & JM...

You`re most welcome.
You all, make it a pleasure to mod here.