xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: John 8:32; 14:6; 8:36...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 pm 

Just sayin'...

Peace (John 14:27) to you ALL... and to your dear, DEAR households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 pm 

Thank you for posting this verse.

What does Mathew 5:9 reference to? During my time in law enforcement I heard that a lot, but I don’t believe that is what it what was intended for. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings and peace to you (and household), dear C&DL. What did you hear? Just the verse?

Again, peace to you. Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:08 pm 

Law enforcement use that as a reference to their profession as being peacemakers. It would be on t-shirts, insignias, crafts, so on and so forth. I was just curious on what the interpretation of that verse truly meant.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:50 am 

Ahhh (and peace to you!)...

The Greek word eirēnopoios (G1518) is only used the one time and means "peacemaker," and more specifically one who is pacific (e.g., a pacifist) or one loving peace.

We can know it could not apply to police/law enforcement/military, though, as Christ also said "Happy/blessed are the meek" and "the merciful" (Matthew 5:5, 7). In addition, when stopping Peter from doing further harm when that one cut off the ear of one of the men who came to arrest the Christ, he said "He who draws the sword will die by the sword. He could have subdued those men himself by calling on his angels. Instead, he went "as a lamb" to his own execution (Matthew 26:47-56). So, we can know it would not apply to "making/keeping peace" by force.

So, what did he mean? As JaH's installed king, the Master is already at work. Doing what? Ruling his people. How? By teaching those who belong to him HIS peace, not man's (Psalm 110:1, 2; John 14:27; 1 Corinthians 15:25). Man's "peace" involves subduing by force; Christ's peace subdues through love.

And so, in him, is the fulfillment of Isaiah 2:3, 4:

"Many peoples will come and say, 'Come, let us go up to the mountain of JaH'VeH, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.' The law will go out from Zion, from the Word of JaH'VeH from [the New] Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the Light of JaH'VeH."

That Word and Light is Christ (John 1:1, 3-9, 14; 8:12).

You, though, could have learned this on your own, luv. By doing one thing: seeking the kingdom and its/his righteousness. In doing that... and looking at Christ (John 3:14)... how can one "see" anything else? If he left us a pattern and footsteps to follow him... and he didn't use military might to bring about peace, even when he was wrongly arrested, falsely accused, and wickedly and hastily executed... how can those who claim to belong to him do so?

It really isn't rocket science. It's simply a desire to know, truly know, the truth. But that would be JaH's and Christ's truth, not our own. Unfortunately, those who call themselves "Christians" aren't interested in the first, but only the latter. Which is why religion not only exists, but is actually paid for by the very peoples it lies to and misleads.

Somewhere, there is a religion... and a religious leader... that will tell every single man, woman, and child that has ever existed exactly what it is such one wants to hear. Including that it's not only their job to take up arms (under the guise of "making/keeping the peace"), but their "God-given assignment." Their basis? "Don't the fact that there are chaplains... and even religious leaders who "bless" the arms... prove it?"

Malarkey. Bull pucky.

While it's not a "sin" to be in the military (Luke 3:14), or even to serve on jury duty, one would want to seriously weigh the "cost" that WILL have to be paid for any lives taken. And particularly innocent lives. Be one involved directly... or indirectly (Acts 7:59-8:1; 9:1-5, 15, 16; 2 Corinthians 11:23-27).

I hope that helps, dear C&DL. I also hope, though, considering how much time has passed, that you learn to go to and listen to Christ, yourself (John 10:27; Hebrew 5:12-14; 1 John 2:26, 27; Jeremiah 31:31-34).

Peace to you and to your dear household!

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:31 pm 

Dear C&DL, PEACE, to you... and PLEASE KNOW I mean NO offense. To the contrary, I only want and aim to share the truth with you... my dear, DEAR, [little] "brother".

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of JaH... and the LOVE and peace of His SON... Abe upon you... AND upon your ENTIRE) household.

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:37 pm 

Replying to first post in this topic: Yup!

Thanks, Shel!

Hope you and everyone else here is doing well!

Best,
~LQ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:10 pm 

leaving_quietly wrote:
Replying to first post in this topic: Yup!

Thanks, Shel!

Hope you and everyone else here is doing well!

Best,
~LQ

So good to hear from you LQ, peace to you my brother. Our family is doing well, thank you for asking. No complaints at all!
And likewise, hope all is well with you up north.

Love and peace to you always,
Your servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:43 am 

No offense was taken. I’ve asked in the past and did not receive a response. I will continue to ask and pray. I’ve been trying for some time to go directly to the truth and sometimes I receive a response and sometimes I do not. It reaffirms me to keep asking and keep praying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:49 am 

Greetings and good to "see" you, dear LQ - Peace to you and I hope you and all of yours are well!

No problem, dear C&DL (peace to you and your dear household, as well!) - Yes, do, keep trying!

Peace to you all and to your dear households!