xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:52 pm 

Peace to you all!

Someone elsewhere was asking what was relevant about the Shepherd and His sheep analogy, saying that it was a confused analogy. So I looked up some videos of shepherds calling their sheep... where the sheep come in response to the voice of their shepherd (and only his voice). I shared that video with this person, but I wanted to post it here as well. I know we have one of these videos around somewhere on the forum, but I really liked this one and thought it might be uplifting for you as well.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I really liked this video (it even made me tear up a bit). They did not come because they SAW their shepherd (not through that mist); they came because they heard his voice.

Peace and love to you all, and to your dear households,
your sister, servant, and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:37 pm 

Peace to you dear, Tec. This just warms the heart. When the master calls, the sheep respond. Also, not to forget, he calls his own out "even by their individual names."

Blessings and praise be to JAH and to His Christ, the Amen.

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:05 pm 

Peace to you and all as well!

I remembered this vide, don’t know where it is either but loved it. It was “His Voice” they came to.

There are sheep and there are His ( The Shepherds) sheep. But the sheep KNOW their masters voice.

Thanks for sharing again and thanks for the reminder, its about the hearing not the seeing

May JAH and JAHeshuas will ALWAYS be done! And may all creation give glory to them.

Your sister fellow servant and slavery of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:48 pm 

Thanks for that, dear Tams (peace to you and your dear household, my sister!).

Interestingly, some came right away and some came a little later (because they were farther off - but they came). Some lingered, though, and then turned and either walked or ran away. No food for them - LOLOL!

The one that stood out to me was the white ewe the man mentioned, though, standing at the back of the flock and looking confused, not sure what to do, going back and forth and looking back and forth between the flock and the shepherd. I was like, "Girl, you'd better pony up! They're not going to move for you and by the time you get there, there may not be any food left. Make up your mind already and get in there - you can do it! He's poured the food out, so yeah... EAT already!" LOLOL! I mean, looked like the man only poured out like a few quarts for them ALL (I know, I know, it was only a demonstration and not really dinner time - LOL!).

The ones that arrived first not only ate, but ate the most... and the longest. Those who ran off got nothing... as did the one standing at the back confusedly looking (and going) back and forth.

One would want to be hot... or cold. Eat... or run on off. Make... a... choice.

Peace to you all (and thanks, again, dear Tams)!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:41 pm 

Love to you, my dear sisters and brother (and to you all)!

Praise JAH and His dear Son Jaheshua.

Peace and love to you all, as our dear Lord gives peace, and to your households!