xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A Calligraphic Gospel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm 

Good Day, my Brothers and Sisters:

I received something this morning and was “wow-ed” by it. I was not going to post it as I thought the message was just for me. But then I was asked, “Are you not going to share it”? Well . . . with that kind of question asked of me, here it is.

As some of you know, I am an amateur calligrapher, having loved lettering of all kinds almost my entire life. While looking through the artwork of other calligraphers and artists this morning, I came across one that was “okay” (I really didn’t care for it all that much), but it stopped me in my tracks nonetheless. It was a calligraphic representation of a crown of thorns with the lettering, the wording, of that crown of thorns written with the verses of Isaiah 53:4-5.

(“Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed.”)—This was the lettering in the shape of a crown of thorns.

At the tail end of the script/thorn was drawn/painted a single drop of blood. In the artist’s first run of this piece it sold out. Now he is doing another run, and no doubt it too will sell out.

The artist (who is without question a phenomenal artist) who created it was selling 77 copies of it in a new limited edition.

Okay, no biggie (or so I thought), artists often sell their works. And in that moment I received:

“He’s ‘selling’ it. Regardless of the beauty of the artwork, regardless of the exquisiteness of the lettering, is it not a “gospel” message?” I said, Yes, it is. And he said, “And that is supposedly the most important part of this piece, is it not? And he is ‘selling’ it. And what did I say: You received free, give free.”

OMG! This artist will be making a profit from the selling of these 77 pieces/limited editions of the “gospel” message. The Master said: “This is how you know some are imposters. They sell the “gospel” message in whatever form they choose and they “profit” from that sale. Perhaps if they gave ALL of the proceeds from that sale to widows and orphans—but do they?”

Then I had remembered the artwork that I had created containing various biblical texts—the “gospel” message if you will—and I realized that those specific pieces I had given away and not sold (not to praise myself, no), I was relieved (because I could have sold them).

And then I “saw” many artwork pieces of the gospel messages created by many calligraphers made in the past, and made in the present, having been sold and bought.

The Master emphasized it was not the buying of said pieces—it was the “selling” of said pieces, pieces that should have been given away.

This is what I received this morning.

May JAH bless and the Christ shine upon you. Come, take Life’s Water—Free! May you have Peace as our Lord provides it.

--Armand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:25 pm 

Peace to you my brother and thank you for sharing this!

Wonderful reminder and isn't it so true. We see it every single day. Gospel messages sold in all forms as if the artist voiced it themselves.

Taking the glory that rightfully goes to Jah and Christ and selling what has been given for free is a true indicator that one cannot belong to Christ.
Says a lot doesn't it? Eliminates every religion out there as a good start.

Love your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:24 am 

Peace to you and thank you for sharing that with us, Armando. Good lesson and reminder for artists (any kind of artist).

Peace again to you,
your sister and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:10 pm 

Quote:
OMG! This artist will be making a profit from the selling of these 77 pieces/limited editions of the “gospel” message.

He could be someone just like me.
Not a Believer, No Faith....But..
He`s a good artist and found something that sells.

Maybe it inspires someone who is a Believer.
Maybe it makes a Non Believer think about the way they Treat People of Faith.
My experience is, you guys get treated horribly by some people.
The outcome of the sale of this art could be very positive.

Some people think:

Not me!
I think life is full of actions by people.
That produce unexpected results, nobody could have possibly predicted.

...............................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:01 pm 

Outlaw:

Yes, he “could” be;
Sure . . . not a Believer, no faith [just a good calligrapher);
Excellent artist and definitely something that sells (as this artist has proven many times over).

Could inspire someone who is a Believer (yet, why would a Believer need to be inspired by artwork of any kind when a Believer “has the Christ”?);
And certainly the “outcome” could be “very positive”;

And while your quote (“The Lord works in mysterious ways.”) is not a biblical one, sometimes it feels as though the ‘Lord does work in mysterious way.’

We, Believers, must remember what our “Lord” said: “Why do you call me, ‘Lord! Lord,’ but do not do the things I say.”—Luke 6:46. And what did the Lord say? “You received free, give free.” Simple enough. But each artist who is a Believer must decide for himself/herself how much of what their Lord said they will or will not obey. Each servant stands or falls before his Lord.

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls.—Romans 14:4.

As I mentioned though, I thought this message was ONLY for me, until my Lord asked me if I was going to share it. I obeyed. . . .

All the best. May Jah bless.

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:38 pm 

Quote:
Could inspire someone who is a Believer (yet, why would a Believer need to be inspired by artwork of any kind when a Believer “has the Christ”?);

At some point.
"Everyone" Needs a Little Encouragement...

.............................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:17 am 

Yes, at some point everyone needs a bit of encouragement. You are correct. --A.