xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mt 6 what we hear...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:28 pm 

Ok...I've been reading Mt 6 & what I've heard is illuminating.... Could we all read and share what we (individually) hear please?

Peace all,
Your servant, sister and slave of Christ
Loz x

Post subject: Re: Mt 6 what we hear...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:33 am 

Good morning my sister and peace to you and ALL,

There is a lot packed in this one chapter.

A few wonderful truths stand out to me.

* Do not announce, blow your trumpet before men when you give gifts of mercy. Not letting your right hand know what your left is doing. Letting Jah and Christ reward us. " Faithful and discreet" comes to my mind. Something our Lord IS. We even have accounts of him when he healed individuals and told them to "Go away and not tell anyone."

*As to prayer and what we are to pray for. We've discussed this many times and how it is different than conversation with JAHeshua. When you pray, " Go into your private room and shut the door"... very different from conversing anytime anywhere with our Lord. Also very different from what we see in the world.
And what we are to pray for when we do. NOT our own will, what WE need/ want etc.....He knows "our needs" before we ask of them already and promises to take care of all of them if we keep seeking the kingdom and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Worrying/ being anxious about the flesh and its daily needs gets us no where except for maybe bad health and adds and changes nothing.

What IS important and what we need to sustain our eternal life is " Our daily manna" the daily sacrifice that we ask our heavenly for. This is our Lord, the true bread from heaven. We need him every minute of every day.

* How important in this Lord's Prayer to forgive others and to be merciful in order for us to be forgiven and to be shown mercy. Disregarded by so many. They want the forgiveness and mercy but want to put conditions on their forgiveness and mercy.

There is more.

Thank you for asking. What have you enjoyed and received?

Peace and love to you all, your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:07 pm 

Greetings, dear, dear Loz, and peace to you, dear sister! What I received from our dear Lord was the following:

"Take care, child, and do not get caught up in comparing 'interpretations' for it is easy for one to want to prove one's own wisdom by saying 'I hear this!' or 'This is saying that!'. All should be listening to me, yes? And so should hear the same FROM me. For why would I tell one one thing and another something different if they are ALL of my Body and ALL listening to me? You, though, take care. For I have not sent you to share your own wisdom but that which you receive from me. For you well know the errors of your own wisdom and that all true wisdom is mine. Yet, many will be deem themselves discreet in their own eyes. You must not.

So, do not be induced. Rather, go and recount to Israel what I have told you so that maybe their hearts, if not their faces, will turn to me while there is still daylight left. For even now, Israel keeps looking for signs. I am the only sign they should want. For the next sign will be darkness."

I thought VERY long and VERY hard about posting this, dear, dear Loz. I didn't pray on it - I didn't need to; I know who was speaking. I did almost begged off, though, something I have rarely done in my entire time of walking with Christ. Because, just like everyone else, don't want to be hated. And... I am fighting to maintain the love for Israel it takes to keep putting oneself in harm's way on their behalf.

And for this latter reason, I would not have shared it had he not said to do so. But this is not a game for me, my dear, dear sister. And since he did say to share it... and it is he that I love MOST and so obey... I have shared it. And I will gladly be hated... if that's what has to occur... for his sake (and for my household's). I truly hope not, of course, but absolutely willingly accept that part of my "load."

And, so, I, Shel, have shared with you just as you asked us to: what *I* indivually hear(d) when I read Matthew Chapter 6. And I shared such with you truthfully and that I heard and received it from, my dear Lord, Master, Shepherd, Savior, King, Leader, Instructor, and Guide, he who is Wisdom, the Holy Spirit, and Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH)...to Whom goes the credit and glory for such truth... whether others hear or refrain.

As I always have and will always do.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of our God and Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy Spirit and Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH), be upon you... and upon you ALL... and your dear households, to time indefinite.

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 pm 

Ok...thank you Kim my dear sister for your input and peace to you...

In the Common English Bible verse 12 was rendered thus:

"Forgive us for the ways we have wronged you, just as we also forgive those who have wronged us"

It really struck a chord with me that I'd never thought that we were asking forgiveness for how we had wronged our father Jahveh. It probably should have done, but I think I'd put my sins in a 'general sins box', without realising I would have wronged Jahveh. That makes the asking of forgiveness much more important somehow...

Moving on... thank you Shelby my dear I sister for your input, and peace to you also sister.

Quote:
And for this latter reason, I would not have shared it had he not said to do so. But this is not a game for me, my dear, dear sister. And since he did say to share it... and it is he that I love MOST and so obey... I have shared it. And I will gladly be hated... if that's what has to occur... for his sake (and for my household's). I truly hope not, of course, but absolutely willingly accept that part of my "load."

I had been thinking/meditating on certain verses in Mt 6 & felt guided to look at different translations, which I did. Some, like v12 above, made me meditate more & ask Jaheshua about my thoughts. I then invited others here to read & share, so that we might discuss what we read/heard/learned from Mt 6, to build one another up.

However, since I've now read your above post I am unnerved, confused, wary. I don't want to start or encourage anything that is NOT truth from our Lord. I am worried now that I've done something wrong?
Be confident though sister that anything you share from our Lord will not induce any hatred from me, only gratitude. I am grateful for any warning. And I must assure you dear sister that this is not a game for me either.

Your servant, sister & fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:27 pm 

You've done NOTHING wrong, dear, dear Loz (the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear sister!). I neither heard that nor think that. I only shared what I heard, as you asked us to do. Hopefully, our subsequent conversation explained that as well as quelled any fears you had.

Just remember, if you need to, to "test" any "inspired" expression and then step out on faith from there.

Peace to you and please know that I am... and will always be -

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:49 pm 

May you have peace, as our dear Lord Jaheshua gives peace,

Quote:
AGuest wrote:
Greetings, dear, dear Loz, and peace to you, dear sister! What I received from our dear Lord was the following:

"Take care, child, and do not get caught up in comparing 'interpretations' for it is easy for one to want to prove one's own wisdom by saying 'I hear this!' or 'This is saying that!'. All should be listening to me, yes? And so should hear the same FROM me. For why would I tell one one thing and another something different if they are ALL of my Body and ALL listening to me? You, though, take care. For I have not sent you to share your own wisdom but that which you receive from me. For you well know the errors of your own wisdom and that all true wisdom is mine. Yet, many will be deem themselves discreet in their own eyes. You must not.

So, do not be induced. Rather, go and recount to Israel what I have told you so that maybe their hearts, if not their faces, will turn to me while there is still daylight left. For even now, Israel keeps looking for signs. I am the only sign they should want. For the next sign will be darkness."

Yes, thank you for sharing this as you heard from our Lord.

I did not hear anything when I read the passage, Loz. I could have commented on the contents in the passage, but that would not have been something I heard while reading, and I would have just been commenting so as to participate in the thread. So I could not respond.

But you have since shared what you heard:

Quote:
In the Common English Bible verse 12 was rendered thus:

"Forgive us for the ways we have wronged you, just as we also forgive those who have wronged us"

It really struck a chord with me that I'd never thought that we were asking forgiveness for how we had wronged our father Jahveh. It probably should have done, but I think I'd put my sins in a 'general sins box', without realising I would have wronged Jahveh.

I could not have responded to what you shared earlier than now because a) I did not know the truth from my Lord, and so b) any response would have been according to my own 'wisdom' (which is no wisdom at all). Even though I had earlier read through Matthew 6 a second time, I had still heard nothing from my Lord regarding that chapter. And while I have heard other people say this - that our sins are against God - they have also added other doctrines to this, and I just have not known what was true since I first heard this some time ago. If we sin against a person, or just in general, does that really mean we sin against God? Since I had not heard from my Lord on the matter, I have just left it alone and waited for my Lord to teach me the truth on this matter according to his timing and wisdom.

But just a little while ago today, in reading through the new thread that Shelby (peace to you!) posted (having been directed by our Lord to do so to ask us a very important question), she mentions that she had been directed to read Psalm 51. I have been looking up all the citations in posts recently, and so I read that Psalm also. (Loved the Psalm of course, so perfect.)

And I came across this part:

Have mercy, God, according to your gracious love,
according to your unlimited compassion,
erase my transgressions.

Wash me from my iniquity,
cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgression;
my sin remains continuously before me.

For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.

Oh!

So we DO sin against God.

I've read that Psalm before of course, but never really SAW that until today, when my Lord showed me.

I still wondered how sinning against another person could mean that we sin against God, and my Lord reminded me of how whatever we do (or do not do) for the least of His brothers, we do (or do not do) for Him. (matt 25:40, 45)

And this:

"Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects Him who sent me."

Peace and love to you, and to your dear households,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:33 pm 

Quote:
Against you, you only, have I sinned

Smile. Beautiful Psalm, is it not, dear Tams (peace to you, luv!). And even more beautiful to me... because I know they are the words of our dear Lord - he, who did not commit ANY sin. Yes, I know this was David's prayer after the whole Bathsheba fiasco... but who gave him the words... and why?

As with ALL of the Psalms, I learned that this is how our dear Lord himself felt... when dealing with Israel. When he drove the (Israelite/Jewish) money changers from the temple. When he grew impatient with the (Israelite/Jewish) disciples' lack of faith. When he called the (Israelite/Jewish) priests, scribes, and Pharisees on their BS.

Since these were ALL Israel, it broke his heart to know that it was JAH's chosen people... and thus, upon JAH Himself... that his "zeal" was wrought. Zechariah 2:8

And so such "zeal"... was "poured out" as if upon JAH Himself... and always made him feel as if he had sinned against JAH Himself Exodus 17:2-4; Numbers 20:2-22; Psalm 106: 24, 25, 32, 33. And he was devastated... as David was devastated.

Thank you, truly, for expounding on that and perhaps helping others "see" why he directed me to that particular Psalm. Again. As he has MANY times... and for my own edification Roman's 8:26, 27.

And thank you for sharing what you heard, as well, dear sister.

The greatest of love and peace to you and to your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:15 pm 

Thank you Tammy my sister for your post. And for sharing what you heard from our Lord while reading Psalm 51. It is a wonderful psalm I agree. That it confirms what I heard in Matthew 6 has brought me joy, and all my thanks for that go to our Lord Jaheshua who deserves full praise and appreciation. I'm glad it gave you too clarification about what you had wondered.

Quote:
As with ALL of the Psalms, I learned that this is how our dear Lord himself felt... when dealing with Israel. When he drove the (Israelite/Jewish) money changers from the temple. When he grew impatient with the (Israelite/Jewish) disciples' lack of faith. When he called the (Israelite/Jewish) priests, scribes, and Pharisees on their BS.

Since these were ALL Israel, it broke his heart to know that it was JAH's chosen people... and thus, upon JAH Himself... that his "zeal" was wrought. Zechariah 2:8

And so such "zeal"... was "poured out" as if upon JAH Himself... and always made him feel as if he had sinned against JAH Himself Exodus 17:2-4; Numbers 20:2-22; Psalm 106: 24, 25, 32, 33. And he was devastated... as David was devastated.

It's incredible to learn the above Shelby (peace to you sister) thank you for sharing that with us.
It throws more light on the admonitions we receive to love our brother & our neighbour & even our enemies? Of course!!

As I typed that last sentence I wasn't certain about the enemies part so I checked and was reminded by the master "Doesn't the father provide rain for the righteous AND the unrighteousness?"

How much more care this makes us take not to be hating anyone, for fear of it being directed at our dear father Jahveh, the Most Holy?!

Wow.

Thank you sisters
Your servant, sister & fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:34 pm 

As I typed that last sentence I wasn't certain about the enemies part so I checked and was reminded by the master "Doesn't the father provide rain for the righteous AND the unrighteousness?"...

Peace to you,

....and loved the before and after of this statement you heard....

Matthew 5: 43-48

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy,

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Love and peace to you,
Your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
kim