xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:16 pm 

To the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with... may you all have peace!

I was having a discussion with our dear Lord the other morning and the issue of women in the Household of God came up. We have been told and shown by him that, as Paul wrote, there is neither Jew nor Hellene (Gentile/Greek)... male nor female...

Over the years I have shared with you how he has shown me that the Household of God replicates the tabernacle and temple, including the various courtyards. I was curious because the tabernacle and first temple did not have, say, a "Courtyard of Israel" or a "Courtyard of Women." The tabernacle had only one large "courtyard" with the Holy/Most Holy in tents at one end. The first temple, Solomon's Temple, had an "Inner Courtyard" (or Courtyard of Priests) and then only a "Great Courtyard" in which all of Israel were permitted, male and female. And so, I wondered (but did not ask - I knew he would tell me if I needed to know) where did the other courtyards come from and why?

I knew where they had come from, per se: when the temple was rebuilt under Herod I, the entire compound was hugely expanded. Why, though, were these separate, new "courtyards" added? My Lord shared with me that they were added to show the difference between the OLD "Israel"/"Jerusalem"... meaning, before Israel was rejected as the People of God ALONE... and the NEW "Israel"/"Jerusalem" when the nations/Gentiles would be brought in. Well, okay, yes... makes total sense! But that was not all.

Back to my curiosity about men and women - when he was here, our dear Lord did not make a huge distinction betwee the two except as to the choosing of the Apostles. All were men (and I shared why on here some time ago, so I won't go into that here). But he had no problem with women; indeed, as I've shared, it was the women who stayed with him, remained faithful and immovable, even when he was put to death (the men, no so much). So, why this separation of courtyards in the second temple?

And he shared this:

The Courtyard of Israel was were Jewish/Samaritan... Israelite... men would go. BUT... these had to PROVE they were "Israel." How could they do that? Only one way: circumcision. During the time of the tabernacle, only the priests could enter the courtyard outside of the Holy/MOST Holy tent. And all knew who the priests were because they were chosen by ritual. Once Solomon built his temple, only Israelite men/women could enter into the "Great Courtyard." No non-Israelite could do so. What of those who weren't born Israelite? Same as with those who left Egypt with Israel - so long as they were circumcised they were considered "Israel" and there was to be only one law between them. So, these, too, could enter. The women weren't a problem because they had fathers and husbands to speak for their ancestry. In either event, tabernacles or temple, if an uncircumcised man entered, the place would be rendered "unclean." So, ONLY circumcised men could enter.

With the SECOND temple, however, things changed. Both Israel and Judah had been exiled (the first by the Assyrians to Samaria; the second, by the Chaldeans to Babylon). The "Samaritans," however, returned first, but not only bringing uncircumcised non-Israelites from Samaria with them but some of them ALSO being uncircumcised (under Jeroboam and his successors they did not keep the laws as they would have under Rehoboam and his successors). So that when the Jews finally returned from Babylon and began to rebuild the temple, there were uncircumcised "Israelites" in Jerusalem. What to do?

The answer was... to require all Israelite men to enter the temple... wait for it... NAKED. Yep, any man who entered the temple as an Israelite had to do so buck-naked so as to PROVE he was an Israelite, such proof having only ONE way: circumcision. How to do this, though, when you have WOMEN... and GENTILES... entering, as well? You do it by dividing the Great Courtyard and creating a secluded place for Israelite men where their nakedness could not be seen by women and those men considered "unclean" (uncircumcised).

That circumcision was a requirement we know because Paul had Timothy undergo circumcision before entering the temple. However, Timothy's mother was a Jew, making Timothy a Jew. What, though, of non-Jews/Israelites? Paul addressed that when, in explaining his movements and relationship with the Apostles in his letter to the Galatians, he mentioned, as to Titus:

"... I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain. Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.

As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised. For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along."
Galatians 2:1-10

Paul was sharing that circumcision, while for the Jews, was not a requirement for the non-Israelite nations, something we also knew. He was also sharing, though, that some false "christians" has infiltrated the Body at Jerusalem and were checking as to whether those with Paul... were indeed circumcised. When he wrote that they had infiltrated to "spy on our freedom," he meant their freedom NOT to be circumcised. And so... they had to LOOK, did they not? Which is WHY Timothy had to be circumcised (to enter the temple): one could not just say one was a Jew; one had to PROVE it... by means of their flesh! And, again, the only way to do that... was to be naked.

Okay. But what does this have to do with the SPIRITUAL "temple", the New Jerusalem? If there is neither male nor female... and the beloved city consists of both those from the tribes of Israel AND every nation, tribe, tongue, and people... why the separation of "courtyards" still? An he explained:

It is only those who ARE "circumcised"... those who do not walk by the flesh/sight, but have "CUT IT AWAY" (the "flesh") at the point of LIFE (i.e., physically, the penis, but spiritually, the heart/spirit)... that will enter THAT far "in." Their "circumcision" is not self-completed, of course, as no circumcision is. As with that of the flesh, it is done by a priest. For these, it is done by the High Priest, our dear Lord himself... who leads his sheep and does the cutting away as they follow him. Unlike circumcision of the flesh, which is done in one quick snip, circumcision of the heart/spirit is done over a course of time, as one listens to the Fine Shepherd and obeys his voice. And these WILL be both Jews and Gentiles, men and women, servants and masters. Revelation 7:4-9 THESE... are the "Courtyard of Israel."

What, though, of the others, those who make up the "Courtyard of Women" and the "Courtyard of the Gentiles"? I shared previously that the "Women" would be those, like Rahab, Ruth, Abigail, the Phoenician woman, etc., who, although not Israelites/Jews "did good" to/joined with Israel. And this is still true - but they will be women AND men who did so, yet were not "circumcised" by Christ. Their position is given due to the extraordinary and specific kindnesses they showed to God's people, long ago and even now.

And those who make up the Courtyard of Gentiles are also uncircumcised but have committed general kindnesses, etc., to God's people. Long ago and even now.

So what? So, if you are a TRUE "Israelite", there are some very important things to note:

1. You CANNOT hide anything... and still be granted to remain in the Courtyard of Israel. Indeed, you might not even get in... unless, of course, you break in (John 10:1)

2. If you do enter "clothed"... with anything but LOVE... you will be found NOT dressed in "marriage garments," but in soiled garments... and thrown out (Matthew 22:11-14); therefore

3. You MUST be stripped bare, naked, and exposed... when entering... and while there. And NOT for the Holy and MOST Holy to see - they see it all anyway and not only know every hair on your head, but every tiny "pimple" on your hiney... so it's not for them. It so that all others there can see "you" (your "nakedness"... and so KNOW who YOU are... that YOU are indeed "Israel," too. If you "hide," though, how will they know? Our dear Lord said, "By their fruits," yes? And so, even if you try to hide, your "fruits" will expose you in there (if not out here);

4. And so, you must be "circumcised" in your heart/spirit. Even if it's only the beginning of the snip - because who starts a circumcision but doesn't complete it? Will not completing it risk infection, even amputation? But you cannot be uncircumcised and just posturing as an "Israelite." Because you cannot hide the condition of your "flesh" (either you're circumcised - which includes the process - or not). And, unlike in this realm, your flesh cannot hide what's in your heart... in the spirit realm. Nothing is hidden there. Nothing. Everything is naked, open, and exposed.

As were Adham and Eve at the start.

That, dear ones, is what I was given to share with you and I, SA, have shared it just as it was given me by my dear Lord, JAHESHUA, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... and Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah).

May those with ears hear what he, the Spirit, is sharing with us here... and in every instance. May you also be given ears, if you have not yet received them... to hear when he and his Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take Life's (HIS) 'water'"... the holy spirit of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... which "water" is His blood, breath, and seed... and is poured out only from the innermost parts of His Son, the HOLY (Spirit) and Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, His Chosen One (MischaJAH)... FREE!"

YOUR servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:04 pm 

Thank you so much dear Shelby for this topic post!! It seemed very "deep" for me at first as I have never worried much before about what the Israelites had to do in their ancient temples, I thought that didn't apply to us now. I appreciate so much that you shared it with us here and did so in an easy to understand way.

Now I GET IT, I actually heard this message loud and clear!! I was quite surprised that I did WOW and see how it applies to us today. We cannot hide anything at all, we can't pretend to LOVE or to be following and obeying Christ but have to bare all to get into the Kingdom of God.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:20 pm 

YES, dear, dear Zoe! I am SO glad you heard as you did.

Peace to you (and your household)!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:03 am 

Quote:
4. And so, you must be "circumcised" in your heart/spirit. Even if it's only the beginning of the snip - because who starts a circumcision but doesn't complete it? Will not completing it risk infection, even amputation? But you cannot be uncircumcised and just posturing as an "Israelite." Because you cannot hide the condition of your "flesh" (either you're circumcised - which includes the process - or not). And, unlike in this realm, your flesh cannot hide what's in your heart... in the spirit realm. Nothing is hidden there. Nothing. Everything is naked, open, and exposed.

Thank you for sharing as your heard from our Lord, sister, peace to you. I had previously thought that the circumcision of our heart was performed as one action. This week however I am understanding how the above is an ongoing/continuous experience.

For example it's disquieting to discover how we can deceive ourselves. Say we recall a previous occasion that maybe doesn't show ourself in a good light...we might modify/rewrite the facts to make ourselves look less reprehensible. Perhaps it's our pride or even guilt that causes us to do this...over time as we repeat it, we come to believe our own modified narrative. That's how memories can become so distorted. But....this would mean that we've abandoned truth and wandered into lies. Self deception.

I know I've been guilty of this and I was asking the Master about it, and He's shown me the true facts of quite a few of my recollections. Painful but necessary. Like an 'ongoing circumcision'.
He's reminded me to "KEEP checking that everything you speak is TRUE, child."

So yes, Shelby, I can relate to what you share. Our training continues...

Peace
Your servant, sister & fellow slave of our Lord Jaheshua

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:52 pm 

Quote:
I had previously thought that the circumcision of our heart was performed as one action. This week however I am understanding how the above is an ongoing/continuous experience.

Yes, dear Loz (peace to you, dear sister!), and we can see that with the examples of Israel, in general, King David, Peter, Paul... and ourselves, yes. None had the flesh completely cut away in one fell swoop. Some to years, if not a lifetime, yes?

Quote:
For example it's disquieting to discover how we can deceive ourselves. Say we recall a previous occasion that maybe doesn't show ourself in a good light...we might modify/rewrite the facts to make ourselves look less reprehensible. Perhaps it's our pride or even guilt that causes us to do this...over time as we repeat it, we come to believe our own modified narrative. That's how memories can become so distorted. But....this would mean that we've abandoned truth and wandered into lies. Self deception.

It can be disquieting, absolutely, luv. But I'm not sure that is the issue he was sharing. For example, Peter certainly deceived himself, did he not, when he was adamant that he loved our dear Lord and would even die for him... but would NEVER deny him. Yet...

And Paul deceiving himself that his "job" was to teach the new Body how to walk according to (the) Law and so judge one another. And yet...

What I shared was not about deceiving oneself (although that is something we should endeavor to overcome, yes!). It was about deceiving others (or trying to)... and in the process, trying to deceive him (i.e., "To the extent you did it to the least of my brothers you did it to me"). For example, Ananias and Sapphira. They weren't trying to fool themselves... OR Christ. They were trying to fool the other Body members. They wanted others to view them as generous, even good. But as Peter told them, it was their field - they didn't HAVE to sell it... OR give ANY of the money they profited from doing so. They could have kept the field, sold the field and kept the money - who cared?

What they did, though, was tried to FOOL the others. Consciously. They knew what they were doing but thought no one else would. And they did it... because they were trying to IMPRESS ("Look at US - how generous/good WE are!"). But in trying to fool the others (through their attempt to impress) they ended up trying to fool Christ.

And THAT is were the "danger" lies, luv. NOTHING is hidden from HIM (or the Father) ANYWAY... and we all know this and so, for the most part, don't try it. BUT... what of trying to fool our brothers? Are we not, by default and proxy, trying also to fool him (and the Father)!? To the extent we tried to with a member of his Body?

NOT saying anyone here has/is trying that. Not at ALL. I do not know and I can only keep an eye on myself. But I was directed to share as to that and so I did. As I was posting this, though, he said the following to me:

"The children of Israel spend so much time looking at themselves, child. If only they would learn to look at me... and only me. Does a blind man watch his own feet so as to know how to cross the road? How can he when he can't see his own feet? Does he not use his other senses to 'follow' the one leading him and so know how to place his steps? If only the children of Israel would like at me - they would then 'see' ME... and see 'how' to walk... blind though they are. Because I would lead them... to light... and life."

I, SA, shared that truth with you exactly as I heard and received it from my dear, dear Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJaH).

I hope that helps, dear, dear Loz, truly. As always, the greatest of love and peace to you and your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:00 am 

Quote:
And THAT is were the "danger" lies, luv. NOTHING is hidden from HIM (or the Father) ANYWAY... and we all know this and so, for the most part, don't try it. BUT... what of trying to fool our brothers? Are we not, by default and proxy, trying also to fool him (and the Father)!? To the extent we tried to with a member of his Body?

Yes, sorry Shelby if I wasn't clear. The bolded above is what I was referring to, in that if we self deceive then we can MISREPRESENT ourselves to our brothers. But as we agree all things about us will become naked and visible, so better to reveal the truths about us now. To ourselves and to our brothers.

Peace

Your servant, sister & fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 am 

Good Morning everyone and thank you dear Loz for your post as this subject certainly does raise a LOT of questions and sidebar thoughts in my opinion.

I was hoping more people would comment or ask questions so we could explore this subject more but so far not too many comments.

I see now that this circumcision is a gradual process, thankfully as the flesh is weak and its difficult to absorb all this at once.

Shelby you said this:
Quote:
And, unlike in this realm, your flesh cannot hide what's in your heart... in the spirit realm. Nothing is hidden there. Nothing. Everything is naked, open, and exposed.

So that raised a question from me as I am not clear on this stuff about those who will be here on earth and those who will go to heaven to rule with Christ.

Question is - these Spiritual True Israelites who are human now and who are circumcised, are they going to be spirit creatures and be before Our Lord in spiritual form in the Courtyard of Israel?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:24 pm 

My apologies, dear Loz peace to you, my dear sister!), if I misunderstood you! I think the disconnect is with regard to self-deception.

It is totally true that that is something we must all work on. That isn't the issue here, though (at least, I didn't understand it to be). My understanding is that it's when one tries to deceive others although knowing the truth (about oneself). For instance, one knowing he is not circumcised (and thus, not an Israelite), yet trying to enter (the temple) anyway by covering over his nakedness and/or refusing to remove his garments. Such ones KNOWS what's "underneath" but just doesn't want others to know and so, say, puts on the blue fringed garment (of an Israelite), but won't remove it when required and/or tell the truth as to what's underneath.

A good example is a drug addict who KNOWS he is a drug addict, but doesn't want others (who could possibly help) to know and so "plays" to others as if they're "imagining" things. Eventually, the truth will come out, but what of the harm done in the meantime? And what of deceiving Christ, if such one claims to "belong" to Christ? We can all totally understand the difficulty in revealing such an illness... but again, WE are not to judge so it should be SAFE to reveal, yes? If it is NOT safe, then those of us who make others feel unsafe have that to work on. But shouldn't inside the temple... in the sanctuary... be the safest place of ALL? And are we not the "temple"?

So, the only reason TO hide (one's nakedness) is:

1. If one truly is NOT an Israelite oneself, in which case one is also (trying to) fool the Holy (Spirit)... which was the issue here, to my understanding; OR

2. If one does not feel safe... because one is not safe (for others to "uncover" before and not be judged) himself/herself.

Neither should be the case, though... right? If we have been set FREE by Christ... and so truly ARE free? John 8:32, 34

Self-deception is a harmful thing, yes. Absolutely. But I didn't perceive this was about that but about another issue perhaps even more harmful: knowingly trying to fool others.

I hope that helps to explain (a little bit better). If not, no worries - you know who to ask for clarification, my dear, dear sister - LOLOL!

Peace to you!

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:51 pm 

Quote:
Shelby you said this:

Quote:
And, unlike in this realm, your flesh cannot hide what's in your heart... in the spirit realm. Nothing is hidden there. Nothing. Everything is naked, open, and exposed.

So that raised a question from me as I am not clear on this stuff about those who will be here on earth and those who will go to heaven to rule with Christ.

Question is - these Spiritual True Israelites who are human now and who are circumcised, are they going to be spirit creatures and be before Our Lord in spiritual form in the Courtyard of Israel?

I am not sure I understand what you mean, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!). Please let me see if we're on the same page and go from there? You state:

Quote:
these Spiritual True Israelites who are human now and who are circumcised

I am not sure if you mean, for example, physically circumcised Jews/Samaritans... or "spiritual" Israelites who are also circumcised in the flesh... or "spiritual" Israelites who are circumcised in spirit. I don't want to assume (LOL!) so can you clarify, please?

Thanks and peace to you!

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm 

Hi Shelby, sorry I wasn't clear on that, I have so many questions whirling around in my head about this LOL that I was having a problem wording the question.

I meant "spiritual" Israelites who are circumcised in spirit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:44 pm 

Quote:
It is totally true that that is something we must all work on. That isn't the issue here, though (at least, I didn't understand it to be). My understanding is that it's when one tries to deceive others although knowing the truth (about oneself).

I see Shelby, yes, there's a difference yes if we KNOWINGLY deceive others! I was considering the danger of our self deception (by changing our memories until it became unwittingly) to deceive. It does show though that self awareness is important.

Peace

Loz x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:58 pm 

Ah, okay... dear Zoe (peace, luv!), thank you. GOOD question... and one I had to wait to hear the answer to. What I received was this:

These will become the "Courtyard of Priests", which is even farther "in" and which was once part of the Courtyard of Israel (because Israel was once the chosen nation alone, and so the priests were Israel, too). But not only did priests have to be Israelites (and Levites), and not just circumcised in the flesh - they also had to be circumcised in the heart (hence, all of the limitations on their conduct). Not only that, we KNOW the priests were naked before one another because they had to wash, both in order to serve and to wash off any radiation after serving. They washed in water - we "wash" in the blood of the Lamb. Either way, one must remove one's garments first, yes?

In comparison to the Courtyard of Priests, Solomon's temple had a very small area designated as "Court of Israel"; however, when the temple was rebuilt by Herod, the Court of Israel was expanded into the area formerly designated as the Court of Priests. This was because of the thinking that Israel would be the priestly nation. In the spiritual "temple," however, the layout is closer to that of Solomon's temple: the Court of Israel is the depiction of ALL of Israel, including those chosen to be priests, and so is smaller. The Court of Priests will include those of Israel (144,000) AND people of every nation, tribe, and tongue, and so is larger.

It is those who are priests (and kings)... who are given "white robes" (spirit bodies) and render "sacred service" as/from within the "Courtyard of Priests".

I hope that clarifies.

As always, peace to you and your dear household!

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:16 pm 

Quote:
I was considering the danger of our self deception (by changing our memories until it became unwittingly) to deceive.

Totally understand, dear Loz (peace, luv!) and, again, you are absolutely right as to the presence, danger, and our need to be on guard. As I read your comment above, though, my dear Lord said to me:

"Can a man who is uncircumcised deceive himself that he is circumcised, child? Does not the condition of his flesh prove the reality, in spite of what he wishes to believe? A man can deceive himself as to the need for circumcision, yes, even tell himself it is not needed when it is. Or worse, fool others by telling them it is needed when it is not. But as to the actual status of his own flesh, one knows whether he himself is circumcised or not, child, no matter what he tells others or wishes others to believe about him. And where the flesh is involved, he doesn't even need to have sight so as to know; he has other senses to tell him."

Quote:
It does show though that self awareness is important.

Self-awareness is very important, yes, dear sister. Except... well, just as I typed that, our dear Lord's voice said:

"And yet, self-deception can distort self-awareness, child, can it not?"

I am sorry, dear, dear Loz - I am NOT trying to be contentious, not at all, but only to relay what I received and the basis, as I understood it. You are totally correct about self-deception/self-awareness... but again, I don't think that is what his point was here. As always, then, perhaps each can go to him in their own walk and ask as to what this was meant (for them), though I am not sure it was to anyone specific here. But I don't want to offend anyone or appear to be picking at straws, etc.. And I certainly don't want to confuse anyone or hurt anyone's feelings, etc.

Not that any of that has occurred, but I truly don't want it to, so... I will leave it here and trust that he will clarify for those who ask him.

The GREATEST of love and peace to you... and your dear household... dear sister!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 am 

Lol, I'm sorry too Shelby, I'm not trying to be obtuse. I was trying to connect what I've heard recently with what you've shared. But now I'm not sure there is a connection or at least if there is, I am muddling it.

I'm going to read through the thread again and see if there's something I'm not grasping (that's entirely possible ha ha).

Thank you for your clarifications dear sister, and peace to you.

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:58 am 

Thank you Shelby for your answer in response to my question and clarifying things. I appreciate the time and energy it takes for you to do this and I know you are taking great care to hear and repeat what you heard from our Lord.