xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: I am The Way
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 pm 

John 14:6
" I am The Way, The Truth, The Life. NO one comes to The Father except through me."

Greetings and peace to you all,

Just driving after getting my truck washed and passed by just ONE of the churches in my neighborhood that are literally on almost every corner in my area. It's name was " The Fathers House."

Now....besides the fact that we all know that Jah does not dwell in handmade temples/ buildings/ churches/ etc but in people as those belonging to him by means of Holy Spirit and they ARE The church.....

Our Lord said He was "The WAY!" Not Ways, as in plural. But the only Way, the only Truth, the only means of life and Way to The Father.
Yet all these thousands of differing belief systems believe they are The Way, or are The Fathers house, or A WAY to The Father.

Impossible!!!! Yet, all still believe that all these WAYS are an acceptable way to worship without seeking to follow what our Lord said himself in plain words.

Now I know with me most of you already realize this, but some days it is just even harder to drive by these daughters of the harlot Babylon that sit on top and control the masses of these poor sheep and LIE CHEAT aand STEAL from them, their money, time, trust and possibly their eternal lives.

Hope all of you are doing well. May our Lord and Fathers peace and blessings be upon you all,
Your sister, fellow sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

Post subject: Re: I am The Way
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am 

I just found this post from last September by JustMom today, never noticed it before. This is a subject that has been bothering me for a few days. I wanted to start a thread about it but thought maybe it was too petty of a subject that maybe wasn't that important here other than to me. I was going to start another thread about another subject so that is why I was browsing in this section.

So what is being said here is there is only ONE WAY, not different ways to follow and believe about Christ, there is only ONE TRUTH. I believe that but where I am confused is why/how a person or persons professing to be full of Holy Spirit and love are actually presenting like they have it. I am going to use one person as an example that I had contact with recently. I have said here before that my daughter has had contact with various Churches to explore her spiritual needs. She even got baptized in 2012 and said she had a physical electric like feeling from Holy Spirit at the Church (not sure what Church but some kind of Baptist I think). She seems to always stop doing anything spiritual not long afterward though and her life is in a mess a lot of the time so she was directed to a woman who does Christian life coaching. My daughter went there twice a week and this woman even spoke in tongues to her after praying with her and for her. She wrote a book last year about how she got SAVED from her life of debauchery and confusion and found Jesus. She told my daughter that she didn't belong to a Church and followed Jesus and not man and was directed by The Holy Spirit.

So that woman interested me and I wanted to know more about her thinking that maybe she was like a lot of you here and maybe I would have someone closer to me to discuss spiritual stuff and do communion with. JustMom said there was lots out there in the world that we don't know about who have the Truth so I thought I would investigate. So I bought her book the other day and read it. I didn't pray before reading it at first though and it really started making my hackles (if I had them) go up. I didn't know what was going on while reading it but it distressed me, it was like reading something the Watchtower spews out, a special language only this was worse. I read half the book and had to leave it, then the next day I prayed for help from our Lord to understand and not to let it confuse me and from the truth. Then when I read it I wasn't upset anymore but it shouted out to me that she was really Preaching a LOT of stuff that was wrong. Yes she thinks she has to preach about God's Kingdom and she is full of FIRE and Zeal, she isn't humble about it, she knows she has the truth and she is doing it the right way. I messaged her on Facebook to clarify a few things and told her I bought her book and asked her if she was saying holy spirit was a person and she said YES so then I knew that she wasn't my sister. She also said that God's Kingdom is here now and that she among others are Ambassadors a royal priesthood for him right now. ??

Anyway I will quote a few things from her book later but my thoughts and question is - How is it that she can speak in tongues and spiel out so much spiritual stuff and actually feel Holy spirit come down on her and all that stuff and yet not have the truth? Where is it coming from?

In her book she belonged to a church and she went to that churches bible college so she could learn and help others so all that she believes is from that Bible College but now she says she doesn't belong to a church and Jesus and The Holy Spirit guide her every path since she wrote the book. I am not sure why she left the Church but anyway she is a mixture of the worst of religions, Catholic Trinity and then the JW preaching about God's Kingdom and then the Pentecostal type stuff. As I said it made me cringe and now I know why my daughter never is able to stay spiritual because its way to burdensome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm 

I think that it bothered me that she said a lot of stuff that was absolutely true but then mixed in a lot of stuff taken from false religion. The quote from her book below is about her healing someone. How does that happen when she doesn't have all the truth? Also she is paid, her job is to coach people about Jesus and I know it should be free.

Here is the quote:

"When you see the Holy Spirit move in power, our lives will be changed forever! Holy Spirit alters the environments we are in. His Kingdom can come, in a simple moment. Last week I had a woman come into my office who was suffering with depression, and her body was so run down, she went to the doctor and he told her she had a severe ear infection. I sat with her and thought how much God loves her and wants her to know Him. I talked to her about Jesus and His Kingdom. I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit, and with His leading I asked her if I could lay hands on her and pray. She said, “Yes” and I touched her ears with my hands and prayed in the spirit, and both of us knew she had been healed. She had a child-like heart of adventure, trusting every moment. I touched her hands, which were warm with heat. She felt Jesus all around her; she now experienced the power of the Holy Spirit. I told her she had been healed. The unseen power of God rested upon her. Her brokenness had made a demand on Jesus, and His Spirit responded in love. In a moment she was out of the Kingdom of darkness, into the Kingdom of light. She emailed me to tell me she had started going to church and I was thrilled, as she spoke of a baptism she witnessed there. Now a walk with Jesus had begun, true discipleship must take place. A dependency on God! I tell everyone of my clients who are now “born again” that they are kings and priests, filled with the Holy Spirit, they are now the temples of God. We begin a discipleship together, renewing our minds in the word of God, and being transformed by the Holy Spirit. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ. All of us must come together and make disciples. We must break down these walls that divide us, and come together as one NEW MAN in Christ Jesus!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 pm 

And then there is this - which sounds wonderful and like she really did receive Holy Spirit, she seems so genuine and I don't think she is making it up. So why does she receive holy spirit or as she says The Holy Spirit when a lot of stuff she is preaching and believes is not truth?:

"Chapter 12: The Baptism of the Holy Spirit “Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high” (Luke 24: 49). One evening I was praying with two women from my church. I was thirsty for more of God. I felt a stirring in my belly that I had never experienced before. These two women asked me if I would like to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I of course said yes. This is for sure the greatest moment of my life! Inside of me… love was bubbling up… far too intense to explain. I opened my mouth and let this heavenly language flow from within. I sang spiritual songs all night. God and I were communicating… spirit to spirit. The Holy Spirit, a divine person. A love so pure and Holy. I was being introduced to God Himself. It is only through the Holy Spirit dwelling within that we will begin to grow, producing and reflecting His nature and qualities. I yielded to Him and He filled me. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a necessary part of a successful Christian life. Jesus did not suggest to His disciples that they be baptized with the Holy Spirit. He commanded them to wait in Jerusalem and go nowhere until they had been endued (filled) with power from on high. It is the same instruction today. Jesus wants us to be filled with the Holy Spirit and receive the power therein to live victoriously in every aspect. “Now when the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2: 1-4). We are part of the same church as the day of Pentecost. Today we have the same Father, same Saviour and the Holy Spirit. The experience of the new birth and baptism will continue to move until Jesus returns. Praying in tongues is a great gift to the Body of Christ. “Therefore brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues” (1 Corinthians 14: 39)."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm 

Greetings to you dear Zoe,

JustMom said there was lots out there in the world that we don't know about who have the Truth so I thought I would investigate.

I would like to clarify sister,

I mentioned that yes there are many people and even churches who have "some truth" which is why sheep are attracted to them. But NONE of them ARE The Truth. They do not even use His name so how can they be? How can someone profess to be OF His body, belong to Him, be called and chosen by Him yet not know their own Lord and master by name or their fathers name?

As to this women you mention....

1. She belongs to a church? How can one profess to belong to Christ and belong to a church? The body of Christ ARE the church, they do not go to or belong to a church.

2. When did our Lord who IS the truth EVER charge for sharing truth? "you received free, give free.

3. Since the gifts of the spirit come from JAH through JAHeshua, there is no power in any other name. There is no Jesus ( at least as to being the true messiJAH)
So how can there be any power in a person who does not truly exist?

my thoughts and question is - How is it that she can speak in tongues and spiel out so much spiritual stuff and actually feel Holy spirit come down on her and all that stuff and yet not have the truth? Where is it coming from?

She can profess anything she wants, doesn't make it Truth. She can spiel out all kinds of " spiritual speech" people do it ALL day EVERY day, doesn't mean jack. It may even be some truths, so what!
The Watchtower spiels out some truth! Does that make them the truth? They certainly think so!

As to where is it coming from?

Simple!

Their own interpretation and listening to what they want to hear instead of listening to the one who IS The Truth.
Our adversary transforms himself into an angel of light to miselead all day long. 2 Corinthians 11:14

Think it's working?

Love, your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm 

Hi Kim
Thanks for your take on it, I agree about Our adversary transforms himself into an angel of light to mislead all day long. 2 Corinthians 11:14. She was saying the same thing about everybody else who doesn't believe it her way LOL. It sure can be confusing.

Anyway I will leave it alone, (the book and her) and work on more important things like my relationship with Our Lord and getting to know him better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm 

Zoe wrote:
Hi Kim
Thanks for your take on it, I agree about Our adversary transforms himself into an angel of light to mislead all day long. 2 Corinthians 11:14. She was saying the same thing about everybody else who doesn't believe it her way LOL. It sure can be confusing.

Anyway I will leave it alone, (the book and her) and work on more important things like my relationship with Our Lord and getting to know him better.

Your welcome,

And great idea. Our Lord will never lie to you. We all are capable of misleading others. So do not put your trust in any of us... Only Him. Which is why it is so important to learn to listen to and rely on His voice.

Anything you read... Anything you hear, Test it against Christ himself as to what you are hearing. Or what you know him to have said OR what He did!

Think about ALL the things done in this world in the name of " Jesus." You think it is truly FROM JAHeshua?

Impossible!

Love, your sister in Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:54 pm 

Peace to you Zoe!

Zoe wrote:
I just found this post from last September by JustMom today, never noticed it before. This is a subject that has been bothering me for a few days. I wanted to start a thread about it but thought maybe it was too petty of a subject that maybe wasn't that important here other than to me. I was going to start another thread about another subject so that is why I was browsing in this section.

So what is being said here is there is only ONE WAY, not different ways to follow and believe about Christ, there is only ONE TRUTH.

I just want to clarify here that there is one Way to the Father (and that is through Christ - who is Himself the Way, the Truth, and the Life). There is no other Way to the Father.

"No one comes to the Father except through me."

You are of course correct that there are not different truths. So when it comes to wanting to know what is true - look and listen to Christ, remain in Him, test all things against Him. It is when we take our eyes off Him and place them on someone (or something) else that we can get confused and even be misled.

Quote:
I believe that but where I am confused is why/how a person or persons professing to be full of Holy Spirit and love are actually presenting like they have it. I am going to use one person as an example that I had contact with recently. I have said here before that my daughter has had contact with various Churches to explore her spiritual needs. She even got baptized in 2012 and said she had a physical electric like feeling from Holy Spirit at the Church (not sure what Church but some kind of Baptist I think). She seems to always stop doing anything spiritual not long afterward though and her life is in a mess a lot of the time so she was directed to a woman who does Christian life coaching. My daughter went there twice a week and this woman even spoke in tongues to her after praying with her and for her. She wrote a book last year about how she got SAVED from her life of debauchery and confusion and found Jesus. She told my daughter that she didn't belong to a Church and followed Jesus and not man and was directed by The Holy Spirit.

Just a quick comment... nope... actually the Spirit just showed me something else.

Note what 'they' directed your daughter to do (I'm going to bold it right now). Who was she directed TO? To Christ Jaheshua (to whom we are supposed to be pointing, being HIS witnesses and HIS slaves?) Or to a woman who does 'christian life coaching'?

Quote:
So that woman interested me and I wanted to know more about her thinking that maybe she was like a lot of you here and maybe I would have someone closer to me to discuss spiritual stuff and do communion with. JustMom said there was lots out there in the world that we don't know about who have the Truth so I thought I would investigate.

I don't know that there are lots out there in the world who have (or rather, who know) the Truth. I suspect that there may be some, but lots?

There are however LOTS of false christs (false anointed) and false prophets. Some of them start religions; some of them just work for themselves. All of them have some truth and some lies; so regardless of the claims that they make, we must keep our focus upon Christ and test all things against Him (as you already know, Zoe, which you know from Christ).

And you know you are never alone, not even when partaking of Christ (his body and blood), not when Christ is with you.

Quote:
So I bought her book the other day and read it. I didn't pray before reading it at first though and it really started making my hackles (if I had them) go up. I didn't know what was going on while reading it but it distressed me, it was like reading something the Watchtower spews out, a special language only this was worse. I read half the book and had to leave it, then the next day I prayed for help from our Lord to understand and not to let it confuse me and from the truth. Then when I read it I wasn't upset anymore but it shouted out to me that she was really Preaching a LOT of stuff that was wrong. Yes she thinks she has to preach about God's Kingdom and she is full of FIRE and Zeal, she isn't humble about it, she knows she has the truth and she is doing it the right way. I messaged her on Facebook to clarify a few things and told her I bought her book and asked her if she was saying holy spirit was a person and she said YES so then I knew that she wasn't my sister.

So there you go!! You remain in Christ... in His word... in the truth that HE has taught you. Don't doubt Him or His word, not for anything, including if someone (or something) else makes a claim of having holy spirit or a claim of speaking in tongues or any other claim (LOTS of people claim to "speak in tongues" and yet do not have holy spirit; but are just speaking noise which could even have come from a LYING spirit. How would they know if no one interprets and no one understands it?)

Quote:
Anyway I will quote a few things from her book later but my thoughts and question is - How is it that she can speak in tongues and spiel out so much spiritual stuff and actually feel Holy spirit come down on her and all that stuff and yet not have the truth? Where is it coming from?

I am curious about this phrase: feel Holy spirit come down on her. Why would she feel Holy Spirit come down on her? Is holy spirit not IN us? Do not Christ and God dwell within us by means of holy spirit (being IN us)? It is always the spirit IN me that bears witness (cries out 'yes') if something is true... or that protests if something is false.

Our 'ears' can also shy away from those things that are false. I often want to say out loud, 'ew' when someone spews something that is so false about Christ, about God. I can even feel sick to my stomach (which is what you seem to have felt when reading this book... because of the lies in this book) and (as you said) cringe.

As Christ said, His sheep know His voice and follow Him. But they will run from the voice of a stranger.

(If you are asking if these things are coming from another spirit or just from herself... I do not know. But these things are not what Christ taught/teaches, so how could they be coming from Him?)

Quote:
In her book she belonged to a church and she went to that churches bible college so she could learn and help others so all that she believes is from that Bible College but now she says she doesn't belong to a church and Jesus and The Holy Spirit guide her every path since she wrote the book.
[/quote]

Doesn't make much sense, does it? I find that is often the case when something is not true.

Quote:
I am not sure why she left the Church but anyway she is a mixture of the worst of religions, Catholic Trinity and then the JW preaching about God's Kingdom and then the Pentecostal type stuff. As I said it made me cringe and now I know why my daughter never is able to stay spiritual because its way to burdensome.

And of course it is NOT spiritual; it is from men. It is THEIR yoke, which IS burdensome. Rather than Chirst's yoke, which is LIGHT.

Peace again to you Zoe, my sister, and to you all, and to your households,
your sister and servant and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:57 pm 

I only have one thing to add to what dear 'Mom and dear Tec shared, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sisters!):

“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs up by some other way, is a thief and a robber. ... “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come in place of me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:1, 7-10

Otherwise, I must simply say "ditto" to what the others have shared.

Again, peace to you, all!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 am 

Thank you Dear Kim, Tammy and Shelby for your comments about this, they helped me immensely. I had to take overnight to let it all sink in and meditate on it but now I have no questions or worries about it and her. I am putting the book on the "shelf" so to speak.

Thank you Tammy for this comment, it is the main thing we all have to remember and I will make it my mantra.
I have heard it from you all many times but I needed to be reminded.

Quote:
So when it comes to wanting to know what is true - look and listen to Christ, remain in Him, test all things against Him. It is when we take our eyes off Him and place them on someone (or something) else that we can get confused and even be misled.

After I read your comments here yesterday what came into my mind was that maybe we have too much information and availability of other peoples beliefs and ways to worship and believe. In ancient times they didn't have the internet or TV and radio and many people could not even read yet they knew to follow Christ and Jah and love them. So I thought I have to stop investigating so much and just go to our Lord Jaheshua for guidance and answers, that way I will avoid so much confusion until I am stronger.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:49 am 

I need to make a correction on what I said about the Lady who wrote the book. I feel bad for a misleading statement. I said she does this as a job and is paid which she does. She works out of her home now as of last week, she resigned from the TLC center so I am not sure if she is being paid anymore. She was working at a place called TLC the Life Centre as Christian life Coach. Her/their service is free to anyone coming to see her/them (its offered to women and children mostly) but it is funded by donations and she is paid by donations so not sure if that is giving Life's water free if you are paid but the people you are helping do not pay you.

I just didn't want to mislead. Also I looked up the Bible College (Word Wise Bible School) where she trained and its Pentecostal beliefs with Trinity and Hellfire beliefs (YIKES) so now I know for sure to get away from reading that stuff LOL. That's it, I am not going to talk about this anymore.I am just flabbergasted at how much the adversary deceives people.