xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:19 pm 

Greetings and peace to you LQ,

Thank you for sharing how you feel!

Seemingly simple things that are written in the bible are made so complex by religion. Not just WT. Many religions twist what's written to make it all harder than it should be.

Yes they have and yes they continue to do so and our Lord forewarned us of this didn't He? Which is why we are not to rely on a book or any written over His voice.

JOHN 5:39-41 2PETER 3:16

You know, being told all your life that the words of Christ don't apply to you is pretty much a faith killer. That didn't even dawn on me until right now.How many times did WT say the exact opposite of what our Lord said? How many times did they say, "this applies to the anointed, and by extension to the other sheep."

Okay, you realize now they lied! Is that on JAHeshua? Whether or not being told " by extension" aren't ALL of Jahs people told to " Love Jah with your whole heart, mind and soul" " to walk by faith not by sight and to worship in spirit with Truth?" And the hundreds of other verses that we were taught and quoted as " sheep" belonging to Christ?

I wander now if one "doubts" Jah and Christs existence or faith IN them ( and we all need to continue asking for faith) did one truly realllyyyyy believe they existed when they were inside the organization? Did one truly love Jah and Christ to begin with?

Because even if one realizes now one had been lied to and no longer has trust in that structure or religion....why would one take it out on JAH and Christ and doubt them? What did they do?
They warned us, we just weren't truly listening. We applied everything that was bad to all other religions just not ours. Which is why our Lord told me what he said below.

How many verses are there that we now know they fulfill?

JEREMIAH 8:8,11,12

" How can you men say, we are wise and the law of Jehovah is with us? Surely the false stylus of the secretaries has worked in sheer falsehood. They try to heal the breakdown of my people saying: There is peace! There is peace! When there is NO peace!" Did they feel ashamed because of the detestable thing they have done? For one thing, they positively could not feel ashamed and another, they do not even know how to feel humiliated."

JEREMIAH 14:14-16

JEREMIAH 23:32

"Here I am against the prophets of false dreams, who relate them and cause my people to wander about because of their falsehoods and because of their boasting."

But in a practical sense, I just don't know HOW to tear down this house and HOW to empty myself. One can't simply "forget".

One can if one wants to! Truly! I remember when I began hearing our Lords voice and him showing me all the things the Watchtower taught that were lies...lies...and more lies....I was blown away!

My Lords words to me were... " Flip everything!" All the things they accuse others and religions of doing, they are guilty of. Apply it to them!

A verse that may help one in letting go is PSALMS 51:10

"Create in me even a pure heart, O God. And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one
!"

There is a fruitage of the spirit for anything we may need.

So, by tearing down and completely emptying, what is really meant is letting it all go. Well, I'm part way there. I've let a lot go already. I have a ways to go, though. My issue is that I want to be sure that whatever I'm taught is correct, so I question everything, and I look at things from multiple angles. Sounds like I need to stop that, too. If Jaheshua is to teach me, I should not question so much. Just accept.

Then beg our Lord to take all the rest away.

2 CORINTHIANS 6:17

" Quit touching COMPLETELY that which is UNclean , and he will take you in as a son or daughter." Let go of ALL the baggage and fear that was instilled in us from childhood in that org. Let Him finish your training and discipline. Come into...and remain in union with Him.
EPHESIANS 2:11-22 3:1-7

You mentioned that you wanna be sure that what you are taught is correct. Of course you do as do we. But you also mentioned above that what seemingly seems so simple in the Bible religion makes complex....it's not rocket science to listen to and obey what our Lord said. He said what he meant and meant what he said. Yes, it is religon that complicates it so let that go!

Listen to and obey our Lord and you will never be lied to again!

Love and peace always, your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:06 pm 

THANK you for that, dear 'Mom... and the GREATEST of love and peace to you, dear, dear, sister!

Truly.

May JAH continue to bless AND keep you, my dear sister... and your entire household... to time indefinite!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:33 pm 

Thanks, Kim and Shel, again. Not ignoring you. I just have no response. You keep saying to listen, which I'm very much trying to do, but I hear nothing... not like you do. All I "hear" are my own thoughts in my own voice. Not complaining. It is what it is. I figure if he chooses to speak to me, fine. If not, also fine. In the meantime, I simply keep asking for ears to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:28 pm 

Good evening and peace to you LQ,

You keep saying to listen, which I'm very much trying to do, but I hear nothing...

But you DO hear! You just keep taking the credit that it is always YOU!.

“To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind."

All I "hear" are my own thoughts in my own voice. Not complaining. It is what it is. I figure if he chooses to speak to me, fine. If not, also fine.

He already has! And continues!

PROVERBS 8
"Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice?"

At the highest point along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand;beside the gate leading into the city, at the entrance, she cries aloud.

“To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind."]

You who are simple
, gain prudence; you who are foolish, set your hearts on it.

Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right.

My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness.

All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse.

To the discerning all of them are right; they are upright to those who have found knowledge.

Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold,

for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her."

May you be given ears that put faith in and give glory to the one that speaks to you from heaven. HEBREWS 12:18-29

Love and peace to you always, your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:17 am 

Are you seriously telling me that Christ speaks to us in our own voice? If that is the case, how in the world would be distinguish between our own thoughts and him?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:50 am 

leaving_quietly wrote:
Are you seriously telling me that Christ speaks to us in our own voice? If that is the case, how in the world would be distinguish between our own thoughts and him?

Peace to you LQ,

It is not OUR voice. He speaks in low tones to "all mankind." It is that tone when we are asking to hear that we credit it with our own voice of understanding. If we are asking ( and not all are truly asking) to have the mind of Christ, then what we hear and speak will be from him. How can one profess to be part of his body and NOT hear his true voice?

It is a voice that when we ARE asking to hear....it says... Do this or that.....go feed that person... go share with that person... No, you don't want to do that...or say this...because that is NOT Love...That is not Truth!
The verse or understanding of truth that one hears when asking to see/ hear something. When we are told to forgive, show mercy, love, compassion because on our own apart from him we wouldn't. Even before we are finished asking, an answer will be given...something that we might say, it just "popped into my mind instantly."
The world calls it " that little voice on our right shoulder " verses the one on the left.

And how one distinguishes whether it IS His voice, the one of Truth or the otherS whether it be us or other spirits (and we all hear them as well)
we must " test the inspired utterances " whether it is something Christ would utter, demonstrate, show us or have shown by his existence based on Love and Truth or what we know him to have said that IS written.

You have already mentioned that religion complicates what Jah and Christ have shown and demonstrated. Then why is it so hard to stilll hear them (Jah and Christ) over the ones that complicate things?
You hear those ones?

LET THEM GO!

And you will hear if you so desire truly the ones that speak Truth and canNOT lie!

Now, the other side of coin is this...One that does hear ( even if it is not as much and as clear as others) will either doubt or dismiss it based on this...

When one doesn't want to listen to and obey what comes from His voice " in low tones" will then write it off as " I don't hear!"

And again, that's not on Jah and Christ!

P.s. As I finished posting this our Lord reminded me and said this...

Even if one doubts hearing "my low tones" ( in spirit) then what about the words and works I have SPOKEN when I walked the earth? Why doesn't those that profess to love me and believe in me listen to at least those that are my words and follow the works that I did?...

Peace and love to you all today, your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 pm 

LQ do you recall the scripture in Isaiah that said " You will hear a voice behind you saying, 'this is the way, walk in it you people...' " ??

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 pm 

LQ: You wrote: "Are you seriously telling me that Christ speaks to us in our own voice?"

Yes! At first, it "seems" as though he is talking to us in our own voice, yes! I was at one time exactly like you in this regard. We have to learn to "discern" who is speaking. Have you never heard in your head something along the lines of:

Oh, you should have given her the change in your pocket.
You know, you can buy him a meal rather than give him your left-over sandwich.
You should have been nicer to her.
Are you sure you want to say that do that?

These things, and SO MANY MORE, is the Master talking to you in a voice you recognize--your own--so you won't be so shocked when the voice speaks in your ear. But when these kinds of statements pop into your mind and you think you're talking to yourself, STOP! And literally in that moment give the credit to the Master. Saying: Yes, Lord, your right. I should have done this or that AS YOU DIRECTED. Give Him the thanks and the glory and very soon you will be able to "discern" the difference between YOUR voice and HIS voice.

Yes, at first they sound the same, but eventually you will hear where they are separate voices and his becoming more clear and distinct from yours.

Yes, LQ, that is exactly the case.

--Peace!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:05 pm 

THANK you, dear 'Mom, dear Loz, and dear Armand... and the GREATEST of love and peace to you dear, dear servants of the MOST Holy, our God and Father, JAH of Armies... and our dear Lord, His Son and Christ, JAHESHUA, the MischaJAH! May He bless and keep you dear, dear people... and may He continue to allow the love and peace of His Son and King be upon you!

Dear, dear LQ... the GREATEST of love and peace to you, as well, dear brother... and don't give up. Just listen... AND OBEY. "EXERCISE" your faith. I promise you... the voice will distinguish itself from your's and you WILL know it. Unmistakably. John 10:3-5, 16, 27

That you don't YET... is, IMHO, a blessing. Because when one does know it... unmistakably... and yet, STILL turns from it... what excuses are left?

May you hear and get the SENSE of these things, dear, dear brother.

Again, peace to you all!

YSSFS,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:07 am 

Peace to you Leaving and to you all!

leaving_quietly wrote:

Yes, to everything that everyone has shared with you. Including that we often hear Him in what seems to be our own voice, at least to start. That is how it has been for most that have given their testimony, including me.

For example:

When I was a child, sitting in a Sunday school class, being taught about heaven and hell and how we could know where we were headed... His is the voice I heard asking me how could these men know these things? I assumed the words were my own until much much later; after coming to know Him and His voice. One more example: when I ended my study with the jws, I went in search of the "actual true religion", still not 'getting it'; still listening to their words (the words of men). While searching the internet and saying 'to myself' that there must be a group out there that agreed with the things I believed were true, I heard, "Is something true because it agrees with you?"

Well I knew the answer to that question. Of course not! Something was true if it 'agreed with' Him! HE is the Truth. Yet at the time I did not know He spoke and I assumed these were my own words. Only later, after coming to know His voice; I remembered these words spoken to me and recognized them as being HIS.

Ataloa (may she have peace) also gave the testimony like this once; (I remembered her words wrong, so instead of paraphrasing as I had originally done, I am just going to put in the link: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2609&hilit=get+up+and+walk+out+of+the+kingdom+hall). She also did not know at the time that this was Christ speaking to her.

As Justmom said, He speaks to all mankind. Including you, Leaving.

You have been called upon to give a second witness from scripture on more than one occasion as well, Leaving. Don't assume those times are just your own memory, simply because its scripture. He can lead us to a scripture (and open our eyes to it) and/or remind us of something that we have read before.

Don't give up Leaving. Keep asking; keep seeking; keep knocking. Keep listening.

Peace to you and to your loved ones, and peace to you all,
your servant and sister and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:25 am 

I wrote something yesterday, then deleted it at the prompting of this inner voice to not be so hasty. I'm not quite ready to say that it is the Lord, but if it is, then credit where credit is due. So, first, I must apologize for coming across so incredulous. I really am having challenges with this.

Obviously the question is: is it true Lord? Is it true that it's you in my voice? Laying in bed last night, this same inner voice started to say a few phrases to me. Still not sure what to think of it, but I'm trying to piece it together. Here's what came to my mind:

"Breath of life"
"Conscience"
"Holy Spirit"
"Dwelling IN you"

That's it. But I started wondering if there is a major connection that I've missed all my life. Here's a theory: That the first human was given the spirit of God in what is translated as the "breath of life", and that got encoded in our genes and passed down from human to human as a sort of "back door" into us. To me, it kind of makes sense that if God's spirit is simply part of us, or at least encoded into us in some small way, it makes everything else make sense:
- How we are judged, even by what we do in secret
- How God can read hearts
- How Christ knew what people were thinking when he was flesh in that he could tap into this conduit
- How they can hear even silent prayers
- How they could even possibly dwell IN us
- And how the conscience can bear witness and accuse or even excuse us (my thinking is that the conscience is somehow strongly connected with the spirit)

I'm thinking there is a genetic encoding at play here. Can't prove it. It's just a theory based on those phrases, but something I have never ever considered before. I'm probably wrong, but to me, it answers a number of questions.

What you all described, especially you, Armand, is what I would have thought of as "conscience". I don't quite know how all this fits together, my I'm opening my mind to this nonetheless.

About "breath of life", at Gen 2:7, the word for breath is nismat. But the same phrase at Gen 6:17 is ruach, which we know ruach means "spirit". Seems there is some link there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:41 am 

Ooh. I forgot another phrase that came to my mind, probably the most important one that links "breath of life" in.

"I am the way, the truth AND THE LIFE"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 am 

Okay out at breakfast, so hoping I don't mess this up (morning and peace to you all!).
Quote:
I'm thinking there is a genetic encoding at play here. Can't prove it. It's just a theory based on those phrases, but something I have never ever considered before. I'm probably wrong, but to me, it answers a number of questions.

YES!!!!!!! Think, dear LQ (peace to yiu, dear, dear brother!)... if JAH used Christ to MAKE... ALL things... and we are ALL energy/spirit INSIDE our vessels... then ALL "living, breathing" things would HAVE to have SOME "connection" to that "Source"... yes?

WE DO! It's in our D... N... A. It's why we... humans... are "closely related" to primates/chimps/bonobo: SAME "mother dough"! Our dear Lord IS THAR MOTHER DOUGH, luv - LOLOL! ALL things "came into existence BY MEANS OF... THROUGH... him!

And DNA is... where? In our EVERY cell, yes? And ESPECIALLY in the BLOOD, MARROW... BONE!

Sorry, sorry... I can't contain my excitement at your words, your UNDERSTANDING... and I can't bold, italicize, etc., so I have to use caps. But I'm not yelling. Well, I am... INSIDE... but it is shouts of JOY.

This, what you shared, is (1) why we say "the blood SPEAKS"... and why that which is spiritual is NOT in opposition to science! The problem is, the religious leaders don't KNOW this but teach spirits as ethereal hoo-hahs and a lot of hocus-pocus...AND why scientists don't GET it:

They don't know, recognize, accept the KEY to "UNLOCK" that "door"! CHRIST IS THE (back) Door!!! FAITH IN HIM... IS THE "KEY"!!!!!!

Oh, mercy - I am SO excited, right now. Our dear Lord's spirit is JUMPING in me!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!

PRAISE JAH, you people! Let EVERY... LIVING. BREATHING... THING... PRAISE HIM!!!

(Gotta go - breakfast here - but will be back later today).

THANK YOU, dear, dear LQ! GO with what you were "given" on this, dear brother. RECEIVE it... and put FAITH in it... and the One who gave it you... and then see JUST how deep the "WORMHOLE" TRULY goes - LOLOLOLOLOL!

Peace to you ALL!

YSSFS of CHRIST, my dear, dear LORD, MASTER, SAVIOR... KING... and SOURCE of LIFE -

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:30 am 

Just had to add:

Our CONSCIENCE is that part of ourselves that ACCEPTS OR REJECTS....what JAH and CHRIST say to us by spirit... AS WELL AS what the ADVERSARY and HIS "kind" say to us! It's our OWN "voice" that ACCUSES... or EXCUSES... us.

Dear Tams... the GREATEST of love and peace to you, dear sister... thank you for YOUR contribution here! I do miss dear At and hope all is well with her. Unfortunately, there's no way to know, I don't think. May JAH bless and keep her... no matter "where" she is.

Peaceto you all!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:56 pm 

OH WOW!! This has to be the most profound thing I have heard/learned here and it makes Perfect sense. This is epic!!!

Now I understand about the speaking to us, its built into our DNA.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next