xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm 

I am asking in my prayers that I be given knowledge and faith and now I will be asking for ways to get to know our Lord Christ better. I am spiritually inept, I have never spent any time getting to know him, when I did anything spiritual years ago as a JW everything was focused on Jahveh who I knew as Jehovah.

I will start reading the bible, does anyone here have any suggestions as to things I can do to help me get to know him better?

I feel stupid here as you all are years ahead of me knowing him and some of you are naturally inclined to love him. So I hope I am not being annoying or asking if I should just ask our Lord.

I have to say I feel a bit sick to my stomach today reflecting on all this and realizing how selfish and ignorant I am about all this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:12 pm 

Quote:
I am asking in my prayers that I be given knowledge and faith

While the second is wonderful, the first is tricky, dear Zoe (again, peace to you!). "Knowledge"... of WHAT? I've met SO many want to know (about) "things" - when, primarily, but a lot of what's. FEW, though, want to KNOW... a WHO. And yet, Christ said, as to the Father:

"THIS means everlasting life: their knowing YOU... AND (knowing) the One whom YOU sent forth."

Unfortunately, many misrender this to mean "knowing ABOUT" [God] and "knowing ABOUT" [Christ], but that is GROSSLY incorrect. Because, as I've shared elsewhere, that "knowing" is a transliteration from the Hebrew word "yada," which means to know... as a man knows a woman intimately. Here, though, rather than a PHYSICAL joining/union, it is a SPIRIT(ual) joining/union. We "come into union" or communion... WITH Christ... by means of SPIRIT. Which is why those who DO... are called his "BRIDE." And so, just as a man and woman who are joined by flesh become "one"... one who is joined to Christ by SPIRIT... become "one" with HIM.

So, when you ask for "knowledge"... consider what it is you are asking FOR. For me, it started when I told the Father that I wanted to know HIS truth. Well, that's exactly what occurred: He sent His Son... Christ... the TRUTH (John 14:6)... that One brought me into UNION with him, so that now he and I are "one." As he and the Father are "one." By means of SPIRIT, not flesh. And through that union... I now "know" him.

Quote:
and now I will be asking for ways to get to know our Lord Christ better.

Or... even knowing him FULLY. But, yes, one must start somewhere - LOLOL! And this request is a great place to begin!

Quote:
I am spiritually inept, I have never spent any time getting to know him, when I did anything spiritual years ago as a JW everything was focused on Jahveh who I knew as Jehovah.

Yep, focused on "breaking into" the most holy to try and get before the [face of] the MOST Holy One... WITHOUT going THROUGH... the HOLY (One). Without going through the Door that Christ is. Can't be done. HE is the one who allows entry before the Father - one CANNOT even approach the Father, even in prayer... without going THROUGH the Son:

"NO ONE comes to the Father... except THROUGH me." John 14:6

Quote:
I will start reading the bible, does anyone here have any suggestions as to things I can do to help me get to know him better?

Among THE most important verses I can share with you is John 5:39, 40. Start there, and try to understand what is being said there. Then:

John 6:48-58
John 7:37-39
John 10:1-27

Pay CLOSE attention to what is being said THERE.

And then, the Psalms. Start from the beginning and read all the way to the end. You don't need to read straight through without stopping. Just don't skip around until you have read them all. THEN skip around, as our dear Lord leads you to.

Start with these verses and scriptures. But, rather than read these alone, try to let Christ himself read them TO you. Pay CLOSE attention to the words... and LISTEN while you "read." You WILL hear him, if you listen FOR his voice.

Quote:
I feel stupid here as you all are years ahead of me knowing him and some of you are naturally inclined to love him.

Don't feel stupid, luv - we are ALL of us stupid. Fools. Foolish. But that is what it takes, actually: being able to ADMIT one is stupid/foolish... knowing NOTHING... and then letting HIM teach us, guide us, "build" on us, subdue us... and then raise us UP. HIM, not we ourselves. So many want to be "smart," and "knowing," etc. The WTBTS certainly teaches that kind of "pride," while warning folks against pride - LOLOLOL!

One MUST be a babe first, though. Even under men in charge for a bit. But then the Father takes over and has HIS Teacher... Christ, the Holy Spirit... continue our "education." And we advance in HIM... to the extent we love... and listen to... him.

Quote:
So I hope I am not being annoying or asking if I should just ask our Lord.

You are not being annoying - you are asking the right questions; however, I CANNOT tell you that you SHOULDN'T just ask our dear Lord. That really IS what you should do, first, and if you have the faith, always. But he knows who we all are, what we are all made of, where we've all come from, and what we've all been through. He would not hold your trying to find you way... find HIM (the Way)... against you, not at all.

Quote:
I have to say I feel a bit sick to my stomach today reflecting on all this and realizing how selfish and ignorant I am about all this.

Ohhhhhh... let me share a sublime truth with you, dear, dear sister: THAT tells me you are on the RIGHT path. Because, as I have shared with many others, before you can "take the straw out" of your brother's eye... you MUST "remove the rafter" from your own. Problem is, them rafters can be SO big, sometimes, that we can't SEE even to take them out - LOLOL! And so, one thing is certain: IF Christ is dealing with you, it is YOU he will "reveal" first and foremost. If he has NOT revealed you to you... or he has tried but one has not LISTENED... then there is NO way he is dwelling IN you. How can we know? Because... God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, does not dwell in handmade temples... but in US... in His BODY, which Body is the Body and Bride of His SON. And NEITHER of these can dwell... in an UNCLEAN cup/vessel/TEMPLE.

And so, one of the first things Christ will help us with... is "cleansing" the INSIDE of our (own) "cup." That is, after all, the purpose of drinking the wine (blood) - the "cleanse" us our of errors/sins... wash them away, blot them out. But we need to know what those errors/sins ARE... do we not... so that we know WHAT to ask him to wash AWAY, cleanse us OF. Yes? And so, he will turn his "Light" on you FIRST... so that you can "see" what needs to BE cleansed in YOU... FIRST. What YOU need to ask forgiveness FOR. And, as you (are) "cleansed", the indwelling becomes greater and greater, until you are FULLY abided in.

And yes, it's tough to "look" at our own "dirt." It's among the hardest thing we will ever do, if not THE hardest. Especially if we believe we don't HAVE any "dirt," or don't believe we have "a lot" of it (say, in comparison to certain others). Or if we don't have the courage, strength... faith... or love... to LOOK at it. Most turn their heads because they are taught that (1) Christ forgives all (which is true, to some extent); (2) some "dirt" is not as bad as other "dirt,"; and most likely (3) you're "clean" by means of the church/religion you associate with. Some will "see" their own "dirt," but then either (1) they think they only have a "straw" to look around, or (2) are like the man who looks at himself in the mirror, "sees" what he is, then turns and immediately forgets what "kind" of man he is.

If we look at CHRIST, however, versus at other humans, we will ALL see just how "filthy", how UNclean, we are. If we keep looking at... and comparing ourselves to others, though, we will only fool ourselves ("Well, yes, I have... I do... I've done... but I'M NOWHERE near as bad as SO-AND-SO!"). Sin, though... is sin. There is no ranking with the Father. And so, while one may not have committed adultery, one MAY, say, have coveted his "brother's" wife, cow, home... money... maybe even taken such. Our society puts so much emphasis on fidelity, however, and disregards all of the other ways one can "sin" against his/her brother. All of us here, well, most of us, have even broken the FIRST "commandment" of the Old Law, that we ALL had and served ANOTHER god before JAH: "Jehovah." Yet, the Law said: "You shall have NO OTHER gods before ME." We all did, though, didn't we?

We've all even taken up His name in vain... using "Jehovah"... as well as uttering words like "Hallel u JAH!" without any regard for His NAME within that term. And more...

So, you are no less than any of us, dear sister... and we are no more than you. Indeed, Christ said that he who would be greatest among us had to be the least among us. And that is because JAH is a God of SERVICE... just as Christ is a KING of service... and so, we must learn to SERVE one another, not raise ourselves up over one another. True, one might have a certain gift or gifts so that such one can DO more than others in that regard, but if we are all members of the SAME Body... then the hand cannot say to the foot, "I have no use for you," nor can the foot say, "I have no use because I'm a foot." We are SET... IN the Body... as JAH pleases, not we ourselves. None of us choose our position - we are obligated, however, if we ACCEPT it (and we do because we love the One who instilled such UPON us)... to act within that position, listen, obey, and do "just so" as that position requires. Whatever we VOW to JAH... we must pay.

So, I hope that helps, truly. We here will do all we can to assist as and where we can... but ultimately, you do need to listen to, go to, follow, and take your direction from... Christ, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH).

As always, peace... strength... and faith... to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:39 pm 

Peace to you this day dear Zoe,

Please do not feel stupid in any way for how you feel. And you are NOT being annoying in any way.

Although I have been out of the watchtower for almost 20 years now, my faith, love and obedience has been up and down. I know there is no where else to go but to Him but I have not always listened along the way, doing my own agenda which causes one to turn away from the face of Christ, therefore not walking beside him. Hearing but not obeying! And by not obeying not hearing " so well."

I have to beg him to " Make me do his will" as I know I am not " naturally inclined" to truly love him the way I know I need to to be perfect. Also, when we ask for discipline, true discipline or training that will perfect us and he shows us what's really in us that shows how wicked our hearts can be....and is willing to forgive in such a large way for all of it, my love grows for them. How can we not love them?? How can we not obey them??

I have periods where I read the Bible and times I don't. Because I have read a lot of it, when needed, the spirit will recall it to me so that I can benefit or share it here or with others.

But hearing from him is the best. So when I do read the Bible, I will ask that I hear Him in it when I read not just reading words in a book.

Remembering He is The Door, The Way, The Truth and " The LIFE".

In my early days I started with the book of John. HE spoke a lot to me about himself here. But remember John 5:39-41 ( our Lord talking to the Jews)

" You keep searching the scriptures because you think by means of THEM that you'll get life and yet it is the scriptures that bear witness ABOUT ME....and yet you refuse to come to me."

So we can read all day long a book, scriptures etc....But if we do not go to Him as the source and come to be known by him, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

I have been encouraged lately with Psalms and Proverbs especially with helping my faith and JAH and CHrist hearing me.

You can start there if you like. But remember, He is the source, the true water source. Everything else risks getting diluted.

Glad your here dear Zoe. Also remember there is a lot here that one can glean from. Truth shared from our Lord. Might have a " new" meaning and understanding now to you.

Love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:36 am 

Thank you so much Kim, I will keep asking and praying for knowledge and for his love and that I can learn to love him. I know it takes time and consistency to get to know someone so it will be a gradual thing. I do not want to read books like the JW's make you do to get to know him because that is only a man's interpretation of how they see him. I am reading here as there is a wealth of experiences here as to how he has inspired and helped you all.
Have a wonderful day!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:24 am 

Wow Shelby you really go all out!! What a very generous post, it all makes so much sense and really, really helps me to understand. Oh by the way when I asked for knowledge I really meant understanding and I see where there is a difference. Already in just 1 day I have learned a lot by just asking and have understood a lot by reading. Thank you for all the time you and Kim took to help me.

I did not see your post last night I just found it now so I went over to that other XJW forum where you used to post a lot and looked up some of your archives. There are not many left there?? Anyway I couldn't remember what name you used there but it suddenly came to me about 5 AM this morning LOL. So I went and I found a few things you said that answered my questions too.

Here is one of your posts I loved in answer to the bibles inspiration etc: I will underline (no highlight feature here?) what stood out to me though it all stood out.

AGuest - 15 years ago
Dearest Dakota Red, Undecided, jjrizo and apostate... may you all have peace!

Please let me say to you (and if I am directing this to the wrong one(s), please forgive and take what you need and condescend to consider the rest...), that:

1. God did not direct the Bible to be compiled. No where IN the Bible will you find such a direction. Each 'scripture' (meaning that which IS scripture and not the other writings) was meant to stand on its own... and can. If you read them, you will see that. And it is only scripture that He directed to be written.

2. The other OT writings were for the purpose of preserving Israelite history (with regard to both the Jews AND the Samaritans - the 2-tribe kingdom of Judah (Judah and Benjamin) and the 10-tribe kingdom of Israel (the other 10 tribes). Why? Because they were a bit too simple, too pious, too self-righteous, with hard heads, hard hearts and stiff necks... so that rather than LISTEN to the prophets, they had to have the Law 'written on stone'. Because that Law, its features and their lineage/histories was not WRITTEN ON THEIR HEARTS, they had to have it written down. In order to keep the PURITY of what was written, scribes were designed among Israel to copy the Law, etc. HOWEVER, as Jeremiah 8:8 tells US... the stylus of the secretaries (copyists) was... "FALSE". Much was changed, altered, removed, added, etc. It was because of THIS that the warning was given in the NT scripture, the Revelation.

3. Excluding the Revelation, the writings of the NT were set down because: long after my Lord had finished his work on earth and poured out holy spirit upon those 'thirsting', an apostasy was forming that was leading the disciples AWAY from the Truth! Unfortunately, my brother in Christ, the Apostle Paul, may have had an inadvertent hand in that, as well as many of my Jewish brothers. How's that? When my Lord was on the earth, he FULFILLED the Law, so as to have it REMOVED in order to make way for and establish a NEW LAW (Covenant), one that would NOT 'yoke' mankind, but set us FREE! But... because of having ALWAYS existed UNDER LAW, once he left, many fell back into the old habits: not keeping an eye on THEMSELVES, but trying to put the others BACK UNDER LAW! I mention Paul, because he was quite guilty of this initially: as a YOUNG man, he was always judging, condemning and setting up laws. Even when he was corrected and acknowledged his error, he would fall back into that pattern. But he also had much to say that was quite wise and quite loving.

Bottom line, my dear ones? You do NOT need the Law 'written on stone tablets'... OR in books with delibe ink. If you truly wish to be a part of the NEW Covenant, the covenant for LIFE, mediated BY the Life... then you must have the Law written... ON YOUR HEART! What is that Law? Very simple: to love God with your WHOLE heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love your NEIGHBOR (which INCLUDES your family, whether you get along with them or not; your friends; and.... YOUR ENEMIES - Matthew 5:43-48). For it is only by LOVE that you will 'cover a multitude of transgressions; it is only by LOVE... that you will 'do good' to even one of the least ones of Christ's brothers, whom you may not know IS his brother... and thus 'inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the 'throwing down of the seed'".

Can you learn love from the Bible? Indeed, can you learn it from ANY book? Well, perhaps you can learn the PRINCIPLES of love, but there is only ONE WAY you can learn the TRUE practice of it: "No one has GREATER love than this, that he should surrender HIS soul on behalf of his friends" and "God so loved the WORLD (even though it was/is at enmity with Him) that He gave His only-begotten Son that WHOSOEVER 'puts faith' in HIM (the Son!) will have everlasting life."

That putting of faith is not a simple belief. But one must LISTEN to that One when he speaks to you (Hebrews 12:25)... and OBEY. And what will he tell you? Kill your dear child because the Devil wants him/her? No, beloved ones. He will tell you: "There is hungry one; feed him/her. There is a mourning one; comfort him/her. There is a stranger; receive him/her. There is a widow, an orphan, one who is poor, one who is sick... do not close the door of your tender compassions on such one but do what YOU can to relieve him/her."

We hear that voice ALL THE TIME, dear ones. All of us do. It is the voice of TRUTH, the voice of LOVE. Question is... do we LISTEN TO IT? Or do we say, as the WTBTS taught us: "It is not MY problem. I am not my brother's "keeper" so that his hunger is NOT my problem. He has others who should take care of him. I need my own money/food/warm bed/coat, etc., etc. I got mine; he/she has to get theirs." Do we say that?

Or do we follow... CLOSELY... in the footsteps of the One who bought us with his own blood, who gave HIS life on our behalf, so that we no longer belong to ourselves and walk in our own will, but to HIM... to walk in his? Would he see someone hungry and consider it another's problem? Or would he HAVE PITY for such one... even an enemy? Would he revile when being reviled and return evil for evil? Or would he let HIMSELF be 'wronged'?

It is not rocket science, dear ones, to know God, by knowing Christ. You HAVE a record, if you truly need it! But if you walk and exist in love, if you LISTEN to him when it comes showing love, when that voice 'directs' you and says, "Do this," or "do that", and you KNOW it to be the voice of LOVE... when it says "Warn your brother from me," for your brother has shut the door of HIS tender compassions upon his own flesh (family), his neighbor, and even his enemy... do you GO... or do you 'beg off', saying that is it not YOUR problem... you are NOT your brother's keeper?

Who are you like? Christ, who fed the hungry, healed the sick... and forgave the sins of ALL, whether they asked him to or not? Or Cain, who murdered his brother out of his HATRED and JEALOUSY of God's favor upon Abel... and who basically said that he was NOT his brother's keeper?

If you need the Bible to tell you these things, you are still a 'babe', still trying to understand and work out the 'elementary things'. If, however, you can see and hear the Christ, by means of letting him COME IN AND DWELL IN YOU... and thereby USE YOU to work out his will... LOVE... then you will know God. You will see God as well, for by this you will gain entry into the Most Holy, the dwelling place of God, and be given audience. Your prayers will be heard and answered and you will understand what the man of SPIRIT is... versus the man of flesh.

I bid you all peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:57 pm 

Wowie - Now THAT was a bit of time ago, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!) - LOLOL!

Please forgive my verbosity (my heart has a LOT in it regarding these matters - LOLOL!) and THANK you for re-posting that as I am grateful to know that it has resounded with you, even now. I am also grateful to know that in all the time our dear Lord has been working with ME, sharing what "love" is with ME (which has been all of my life but I knowing that it was HIM only some 23 years now)... nothing about it has changed: the "truth" that he has always given me... is STILL truth. That is huge for me, given how religions (and particularly the WTBTS) often change "truth"/[their] "light", yet never hitting the center [of the target] or illuminating anything of REAL value.

But yes, it's when we SOFTEN our hearts that HIS Law... the Law OF love... can be "written" ON them. A hard(ened) heart may barely be scratched, let alone have something engraved upon it (so that the writing NEVER "fades"). It will either take great effort... or perhaps even resist and break the writing instrument. In our case, it is the "finger" of JAH that writes, yes? How an a finger make a permanent mark on a hard heart, though? In contrast, a softened heart can receive even the slightest touch... and be "scarred" forever.

The Law of love leaves a GOOD "scarring," though, which "heals over" quickly and quite nicely as Christ "writes". And the "marking" it leaves ALWAYS "beautiful," unlike some of the markings we put on our own flesh. Indeed, besides the new name we receive from Christ, which name includes HIS name and thus the FATHER's name... the Law [of love] is the only "marking" we need: together, these IDENTIFY us as Christ's disciples... and as the TRUE Israel.

As always, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:19 pm 

I have no problem with your verbosity LOL, I just sometimes need to read your posts more than once to have it all sink in.

I have spent a few hours over on that XJW forum today reading posts there from years ago that you and also Tec posted or responded too. What I see is consistency and there is never ever any time that you are wishy washy or change your thought process or your message. I see a lot of truth in what you have written and also that you never take credit for it but say that you got it from Christ. You also point out that you are speaking on your own sometimes when it is what you are saying on your own but even that is consistent. That really stands out to me.

I rarely go to that forum anymore as they all seem to make fun of God and Christ and anyone that believes in that. They seem hateful and bitter and I am tired now of rehashing how wrong the JW religion is. However it was nice to go there today and read the archives for a bit. *smile*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:38 pm 

I read them all and understand them, thanks for pointing them out to me. I especially liked John 10:1-27

Quote:
Among THE most important verses I can share with you is John 5:39, 40. Start there, and try to understand what is being said there. Then:

John 6:48-58
John 7:37-39
John 10:1-27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 pm 

That was a great re-posting to read through, Zoe. I enjoyed that. I was reading it... and saying (in my head and in my spirit) yep, that's true, yep that too, yep, still true... lol.

Quote:
Ohhhhhh... let me share a sublime truth with you, dear, dear sister: THAT tells me you are on the RIGHT path. Because, as I have shared with many others, before you can "take the straw out" of your brother's eye... you MUST "remove the rafter" from your own. Problem is, them rafters can be SO big, sometimes, that we can't SEE even to take them out - LOLOL! And so, one thing is certain: IF Christ is dealing with you, it is YOU he will "reveal" first and foremost.

Yep! Same thing happened with me!

I don't think I have anything to add to what has been shared with you on this thread. Loved everything shared.

Peace and love to you all, and to your loved ones,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:43 pm 

Well I still am struggling here. I have to admit Christ is still not in my heart or real enough to me. I guess its no wonder as for 60 years or so I haven't given him a thought or considered that we all need him to cover our sins and have a chance of life beyond our times.

I keep wavering but I am praying everyday and asking for faith and understanding and truth and for my heart to be not so treacherous. But I feel flat afterward, I pray from my heart but then I get on with my day and it seems I am not feeling that it is reality. I am ashamed to admit this and wonder if I am alone in seeking to know truth but it isn't coming easily.

So today I started reading the Bible, read the first 4 chapters of John. I am really enjoying it. If I lived in those times I am not sure if I would have believed or not depending on my situation I guess. At least then they had visible signs and miracles.

So far what stood out to me is this highlighted in RED:

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

I wanted to be in the dark before, I wanted to live for today and enjoy and disregarded doing good things. I see now that was so harmful and I think I want to see the light and maybe I am but so far its very faint??
I am still seeking and trying but I guess my heart is very hard because it is taking a lot to open it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:37 pm 

Hello and peace to you dear Zoe,

Great verses!

Our Lord IS that light. And light shines and exposes in this case what is inside us. The wonderful part is if and when we allow it to....it shows us what we truly are.... making us naked and uncomfortable but only for a minute IF we allow our Lord to cover over us with HIS FLESH.

But we cannot be covered over without first realizing the debt we truly have inside of us. I am learning about this still. Daily being shown how wicked my heart IS. But this is the reality of what Adam handed down to us. It is what it is! But our Lord conquered the flesh for us.

Zoe, you may feel 60 years is a long time for you. But to Jah and Christ it is but a 'blink of an eye' if that even. It is not too late. We have the example of the wicked man next to our Lord on the torture pole. Close to his dying breath he asked our Lord, " Lord, remember me when you get into your kingdom." Our Lord said, "Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise."

I am really enjoying it. If I lived in those times I am not sure if I would have believed or not depending on my situation I guess. At least then they had visible signs and miracles.

As did the Israelites. They witnesses 10 plagues, the parting of the Red Sea. Manna from heaven to sustain them daily. The presence of Jah with a cloud and pillar of fire, and YET days into the wilderness they murmured and complained and wanted to go back to Egypt.

We are told to KEEP seeking... KEEP knocking...KEEP asking....and WILL BE opened!
Continue obeying what you KNOW to do. We can ask him to show us each day " how and who we can show and be love for". Rembering " there is more happiness in giving than in receiving." And continue to ask for our heart to be softened.

Thank you for verses and sharing with us, love peace and our Lords mercy and blessing upon you and your household, your sister and servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 pm 

Thanks Kim
I appreciate your response and encouragement very much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:04 am 

Quote:

Ohhhhhh... let me share a sublime truth with you, dear, dear sister: THAT tells me you are on the RIGHT path. Because, as I have shared with many others, before you can "take the straw out" of your brother's eye... you MUST "remove the rafter" from your own. Problem is, them rafters can be SO big, sometimes, that we can't SEE even to take them out - LOLOL! And so, one thing is certain: IF Christ is dealing with you, it is YOU he will "reveal" first and foremost. If he has NOT revealed you to you... or he has tried but one has not LISTENED... then there is NO way he is dwelling IN you. How can we know? Because... God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, does not dwell in handmade temples... but in US... in His BODY, which Body is the Body and Bride of His SON. And NEITHER of these can dwell... in an UNCLEAN cup/vessel/TEMPLE.

I'm benefitting greatly from this thread so thank you Zoe for your 'search' and to all who are contributing here. I read the above when it was posted and dwelt on it a while. I realised that I've been much less vigorous lately in the examination of my own heart...and I wondered if indeed I have been properly LISTENING lately...

It seems that our Lord 'heard' my concern! In the past few days I've had to deal with some very painful truths about myself. And yes it is difficult and painful, but there is a relief that follows which comes from facing honest evaluation. Jaheshua has shown me sides of my personality that are undesirable and left me with lots to consider and work to amend. But we know don't we that he 'disciplines those that he loves' which makes it all worth it.

Learning about Christ and ourselves is an ongoing process as Kim pointed out, so we are all in the same shoes as you are Zoe, just maybe on different parts of our path?

I hope you can understand my ramblings here lol.

Peace to you sister and thanks to our dear Lord Jaheshua for his loving kindness.

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:54 am 

Good Morning everyone and I was so happy to hear from you Loz.

Your words were so well said and made me see that I am definitely not alone in being a imperfect person and facing up to painful truths about ourselves.

This morning I was in the shower and all these things flooded into my mind about what awful things I have done in the past, it was like a film reel and I bawled my eyes out.

thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 pm 

It seems that our Lord 'heard' my concern! In the past few days I've had to deal with some very painful truths about myself. And yes it is difficult and painful, but there is a relief that follows which comes from facing honest evaluation. Jaheshua has shown me sides of my personality that are undesirable and left me with lots to consider and work to amend. But we know don't we that he 'disciplines those that he loves' which makes it all worth it.

Good morning dear Loz, peace to you sister.

Yes, it is difficult and painful because our "pride" doesn't want to think that that could realllllllly be something we are capable of. But it is! And nothing has been hidden from them anyways. But for me personally after I can swallow my pride, I am so ecstatic because as you said, " He disciplines those he loves." What a beautiful reassurance and yes a relief.
And it is daily, several times a day depending " on me."

This morning I was in the shower and all these things flooded into my mind about what awful things I have done in the past, it was like a film reel and I bawled my eyes out.

Peace to you dear Zoe,
I am smiling. Not AT you...WITH you!

Happens a lot the same way for me. But the beauty IS, you are asking and he is showing you. It has ALWAYS been there "in us" and always open and exposed to them. But now you are able to start seeing what we need forgiveness for. NEEDING HIM!
Needing to be covered and clothed with "His flesh" that IS clean. For me I can say thank you for this....thank you for that....if I hadn't been show clearly doesn't mean that it wasn't there, it means NOW it can be forgiven. We can humbly ask for this. Humbling ourselves and acknowledging this.

Then for me it helps with the NOT judging and forgiving others their trespasses cuz of what and how many he forgives me. And it is why it is so important to remain in union with Him. - John 6:48:56

Glad you are both well, enjoy your day, love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim