xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:38 pm 

When I read your post, dear Tams (peace, luv!), I had a flashback to my time in the WTBTS... and how things often "worried" me. There seemed to be (were, actually!), SO many "conflicting views" between what they were saying was true/we should do/be doing, and what I was reading "in the Bible." Particularly when it came to Christ, DFing/shunning, and partaking at the Memorial. Once I learned that our dear Lord speaks and chose to listen to HIM, though, the worries melted away.

Someone can share something with me and my spirit will "test" it, one way or another. For most things, it's usually something like Job 12:11; 34:3, (which speaks about the ear testing out words just as the tongue tastes food). The tongue's palate can be dull... or exquisitely sharp and discerning. While my own palate could tell, say, when milk was sour, it could not discern, say, the particular nuances (and differences) in wine... because it was not trained.

My palate is still the same way, although I do know a little more about wine (but not, say, as much as a connoisseur... and certainly not as much as a somalier). My EARS, however, having now been expertly trained by THE "somalier" of words... he who is THE Word... are now exquisitely sharp and discerning. So that my hearing is now keen and acute. Because of this, I know, almost instantly, when something really does not comport with what our dear Lord said, did, says, does... and will do.

Even so, there are times when I am not absolutely sure. Of course, I "test" it, against our dear Lord, what he says/said, what is recorded as to him saying, etc. Even if I'm still not completely clear, though, I don't worry, not even a tiny bit - I just wait. Because I KNOW he will clarify, at some point. Perhaps sooner, perhaps later. Either way, no worries, because he WILL. Because I know him and I KNOW he won't withhold something from me (or any who belong to him) that they need. That they SHOULD know, NEED to know. Or just want to know so as to know the TRUTH. He may not reveal that piece of truth right away but that's only because either it's not the TIME to do so, not our TIME to know... or because we wouldn't be able to grasp/bear it, yet.

One might think, "Well, why not just try us? Why not give it to us and see if we can?" I would respond that (1) he knows us... even better than we know ourselves... and so what we can/cannot bear and when; and (2) there's that saying about "a LITTLE knowledge"... and the danger that can result from that. I might think I can handle something and maybe I can handle (the knowledge of) it. BUT... while I MIGHT think I would/wouldn't DO something with the knowledge, the potential harm... to myself and/or others... isn't worth the risk.

All of that said, we also have our dear Lord's words to not be anxious over ANYTHING. Anxiety, then, and worry... and especially over anything having to do with him, what HE said, what man says that conflicts with what he said, and anything related to that... is, IMHO, a lack of faith. Why in the world would he ALLOW us to walk in darkness, in confusion? He WOULDN'T. At least, not those who TRULY belong to him. The [rest of the] world, though? Those who do NOT belong to him (although perhaps claiming they do)? He has no obligation toward such ones. Shepherd A is only responsible for HIS sheep; he is not bound to care for the sheep of another shepherd - they're own shepherd has that obligation and responsibility.

IF, then, WE are worrying... about ANYTHING... we are lacking faith... and need to ask for MORE faith. Until we no worry, are no longer anxious. If we worrying because we have asked for an answer but such doesn't seem to be forthcoming, we can ask for MORE long-suffering/patience until such answer is provided (OR ask ourselves whether we might have actually received an answer... but rejected it, for some reason or another). Or we can accept that perhaps it is not the TIME for the answer because we (TRULY) are NOT able to "bear" it (yet).

What we CAN'T do... is blame JAH and/or Christ. Because THAT would be "Adhamic" not "christlike". Because it would be accusing God, in our hearts, of withholding something from us that we SHOULD have/is ours TO have/would benefit US, etc. We should only have it if He's chooses to GIVE it. And He would NEVER deprive us of something that would BENEFIT us. He might hold onto it until such time as it will benefit us the MOST... or our having it will not harm us/others, but it will be provided.

Other than that... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to our dear mothers on here! May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH), be upon you dear ladies... and to you ALL... this day... and to time indefinite!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:19 pm 

Loz, it helps me to know that we are not the only ones who do not think the bible is the Word of God:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K29xp_z6z68

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:23 pm 

Forgive me for asking, if my doing so offends, dear At (peace to you, dear sister!), because I do not intend to, at all. But I am directed to and so MUST ask:

Would it make a difference if you were the ONLY one who does not think the Bible is the Word of God... if that was the TRUTH? Would you NEED others/someone else (not Christ) to corroborate for you that it IS the truth?

Again, I had to ask. I apologize if my doing so causes concern/discomfort. I truly hope it does not.

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear sister!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:27 pm 

Yes, it would make a difference to me. It would not change what I think I know. But I would feel better knowing there was someone out there who knew the same thing. It's the way I felt with the watchtower. I was so glad to find a people who knew the same things the Lord had taught me. It was the first time in my life I found someone who had those things in common with me. The difference is, now I know that just because I have a few things in common with a group, does not mean everything they teach is right.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:15 pm 

Sorry, erroneous post.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:22 pm 

ataloa wrote:
Yes, it would make a difference to me. It would not change what I think I know. But I would feel better knowing there was someone out there who knew the same thing. It's the way I felt with the watchtower. I was so glad to find a people who knew the same things the Lord had taught me. It was the first time in my life I found someone who had those things in common with me. The difference is, now I know that just because I have a few things in common with a group, does not mean everything they teach is right.

Peace to you dear At,

I may be misreading into this but I am understanding that you mean that you would feel better knowing that there were others out there that felt as you believe ( the same things) versus being the only one?

And what if what you believe was not Truth(ful)?

Didn't we find that in the Watchtower? You/ we had things in common with others and found out we were misled and it was a lie.

If what " the others" felt/ followed/ believed wasn't Truth, then why would this make you feel better?
That just makes more of folks being misled.

I understand that as you said it was the first time in your life that you found a people who knew the same things the Lord had taught you.

Are you sure about this one? If our Lord truly taught you truth then you do realize that what he was sharing with you is not what the witnesses are teaching. So I am confused as to you feeling a common factor with them?

I apologize if I misunderstand what you mean, but this is how I read it.

As to being " the only one", Imagine how Noah must have felt? Can you imagine if he didn't do " just so"??

If instead of obeying the voice of our Lord he said, " I'd feel much better Lord, it would make a difference if others felt as I did. Build an ark?"

Now of course it would have been awesome if all had heard and obeyed the same BUT..... Do you think it made a difference to Noah that he was the ONLY one that heard Truth?

Dear At, again I apologize if I misunderstood but I just wanted to share.
Love and peace to you always, your sister and fellow servant of Jaheshua, Kim

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:44 pm 

I admire your honesty At, as always.

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm 

May you have peace!

The night after I read what Shelby shared about the bible, having heard the truth in that post from our Lord, having accepted what discipline in it was meant for me, I received from my Lord something I am to share with all of you. As He sometimes does, He gave it to me in a dream. But I am to share it here with you:

In my dream, I was driving myself and my grandparents to the airport. We had been driving for a little while from wherever our journey began, with no problems, and we were just arriving at the city to get to the airport. When we reached the city, I figured I could traverse it on my own, no problem. I was even looking forward to the challenge. Of course, very quickly after turning into this very large city, I was lost. Completely lost. I had no idea where we were or how to get to the airport. And I am starting to panic a bit. So I say to my grandparents,

"We need a map."

And I'm thinking, I'll download one from google with my iphone, and ask it to show the route to the airport from where we are at the moment. So I download a map onto my phone. And I'm looking at it. And this is the most INSANE map (of the most insane city) I have ever seen in my life. Our route is highlighted in purple. Beginning with where we are at the moment, the route has zig-zags, and loop de loops (seriously, four loops that just circle around each other - what is the point of that?), then a route all the way up the city, and all the way back down the city, and more zig-zags. It is insane. Not only that, but the map is so small on my iphone, that not all the streets are shown; and not all of them are even labeled. The lines are very hard to read. Not only THAT, but it is not an interactive map. There is no little dot representing our car, that moves when we move. You just have to follow the map, and guess at where you are as you are driving.

So I am panicking a bit more, but what can I do? I hand the phone to my grandfather so that he can hold it up for me while I am driving. Unfortunately, he does not know how to use an iphone, and it quickly turns off. Now I am panicking and frustrated, and I even yell at my grandparents (not name-calling, just yelling). Because not only do I have to drive, I have to also hold the phone, watch the route and the road, and try and match up where we are with the map, by the landmarks alone.

Still, what can I do?

I am driving again, hoping I am doing it right, and I come to the loop de loops. At least I know I am on track. So I traverse those, feeling a bit relieved, and soon come to "T" in the road. But I am not sure if it is the street that is highlighted on the map or not. I look up and stare at the street, and at the street sign. Then I look down at the map. Unfortunately, as soon as I look at the map, I forget what the street looked like. Then as soon as I look up at the street, I forget what the street on the map looked like. Each time I look at the one, I forget what the other looked like. I could not, for the life of me, figure out if I was in the right spot or not. I could not figure out if this was the street I was supposed to be on in the map or not. I am, once again, lost.

AND... as I look at the map, I can see that had I remained on the HIGHWAY instead of entering into the city, the HIGHWAY would have taken me directly to the airport. In fact, the HIGHWAY went around the city completely. No obstacles. No problems. Straight to the airport... which airport I can now see is ALSO outside the city, and not inside the city as I had believed.

Oddly enough, the map in my hand showed NO WAY to get back to that highway. That made no sense to me, because why would I not have at least been able to retrace my steps to the point where I entered the city? But there was no route shown that would take me back to the highway.

I check the time, and I have only 30 minutes to make it to the airport. Yet here I am lost again. I have absolutely no idea how to get to the airport. I have nothing left. I'm ready to give up.

Then I heard in my dream... why don't you just follow the GPS?

You know... the GPS that had apparently been in my car all along, the GPS that I had forgotten all about, the GPS - that speaks - that could lead me around obstacles in real time and guide me to the airport?

That GPS?

I felt a huge wash of relief... and then the dream ended.

I have shared with you as I was given in my dream TO share, from my Lord Jaheshua, the Holy One and Holy Spirit of God.

May you have peace, you and your loved ones, and may anyone who hears and anyone who wishes, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!"

Your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:09 pm 

You know... the GPS that had apparently been in my car all along, the GPS that I had forgotten all about, [ithe GPS - that speaks - that could lead me around obstacles in real time and guide me to the airport?

LOL! I love it!

Thank you for sharing your dream sis.
Love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:11 pm 

Sublime, IMHO, dear, dear Tams.

Thank you for sharing that... and the greatest of love and peace to you, dear, dear sister (and to your dear household)!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel