xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:55 am 

Peace to you all!

I was looking through this thread and my Lord showed me one more thing, simply and clearly showing that Mary had already been in the house when Christ arrived.

We can know that the woman (Mary) did not come to the house after learning that Christ was already there dining with Simon (Lazarus), as the scribes and 'teachers' imply. We can know this for all of the reasons that are listed in the OP, that Shelby shared with us as Christ showed her, and also because of my Lord's words here:

You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet.

The woman had been kissing his feet from the time that He entered her house. Meaning she was already there when He arrived.

May you have peace, and may any who wish them be given ears to hear, and hear then as the Spirit and the Bride say to you, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!"

"Come!"

Your servant and sister and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:44 pm 

Why yes of course!!!

Peace to you sister g:)

And again in my reading I love the " There is MORE happiness in GIVING than in receiving."
That the command is in the " Giving" ( Us doing the washing ) versus the receiving ( having our feet washed).

May all of us continue to open our eyes and ears to recieve what the Spirit who is Christ the Holy One of Israel is saying.

Love, your sister and fellow slave of Jaheshua, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:51 pm 

HUGE smile! I LOVE it when he gives another something to substantiate what I've had the privilege of sharing (peace to you all, and thank you for sharing that, dear Tams - peace, luv!).

Here, we've been taught she [must have] arrived after our dear Lord, sort of sneaked in somehow, and began washing his feet. So, okay, she must have arrived, like, RIGHT after him. But then, we're supposed to believe that although she was a "tainted" woman [of the city] and so "beneath" those there, she was allowed to stay... for... what?? And THEN... she washes our dear Lord's feet with her tears and dries them with her hair. Wouldn't SOMEONE have said, "Hey, wait - what's she DOING??"

But no, nothing like that, at least not in the recorded account. Rather, we are told of just a man... a "clean" Pharisee... who wouldn't even put her out himself... thinking "If HE was who he wants us to believe HE is, HE would know what kind of WOMAN she is!" And we know the rest of the thought, don't we? "And not touch her or even let HER touch HIM! But he's LETTING her! I'm not so sure I'm so sure who HE is!" LOLOL!

BUT... if she was already THERE (and she would be, wouldn't she, if she LIVED there)... then her washing our dear Lord's feet from the time he entered... AND not being put out (for doing that in the way she did as well as for the "kind" of woman she was)... makes all the sense in the world! As truth always DOES!

THANK you, dear, dear Tams, for sharing this extra detail - WELL worth knowing!

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel