xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:21 pm 

Peace to you all!

So... shortly after some of us mentioned that we would welcome a discussion with Richard Dawkins, I came across this site:

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/index.php

Not it is not Richard Dawkins, but it does seem to have many atheists who have the same/similar arguments. They sure do not have a problem with long and lengthy posts, lol. In any case, I had forgotten that I came across that site until a few days ago, and went looking it up again. I signed up. I do not know what will come of it, and I am certainly not saying that anyone should or should not do the same. Follow Christ and what He directs you to do. In fact, I hesitated to join up (if one could post as merely a guest, then i would have done that, but one cannot), because I worried about entering another city when we have our own city here.

However, the Spirit reminded me that others went from city to city, as long as they were welcome, and also reminded me that even though we are here to build one another UP, we are not to neglect the gathering IN of ourselves (the Body). Gathering in those who belong to Christ. Not that we make disciples, but that we bear witness to Christ and so to Truth, to those we are sent to, to those who have questions, to those who are seeking Him. Also reminded me that we are FREE, and so not confined to just one place. Nor do we have to report to one another all that we do and wherever we go - we do and speak as He leads us.

Peace to you all, as Christ gives peace,
your servant, and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy (who loves that she does not have to defend calling herself His slave, here, with all of you)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:32 pm 

Greetings, dear, dear tec... and peace to you!

The word of our dear Lord to you, dear sister, is to not worry about entering this particular "city" but to remember:

1. Lot went to Sodom; yet JAH [had him] led out when the time for the city came to an end;
2. Jerusualem did not receive either our dear Lord or his servant, Saul (of Tarsus), yet both subjected themselves and went in... for the sake of any TRUE christs who happened to be there;
3. While we usually attribute our entry into certain "cities" the result of having to flee from another, that is not necessarily always the case.

We follow the Lamb, dear one... WHEREVER he goes. This was something the ancient Jews, in their "I'm oh-so-holy self righteousness so I can ONLY go into Jerusalem and the temple there in order to be righteous before God" overlooked: our dear Lord went... WHERE HIS FATHER'S SPIRIT LED HIM. And, as with Sodom... Egypt... Nineveh... Jerusalem... and more (if we count all the cities Paul and his companions went into)... that was almost ALWAYS... where the "sinners" (UNbelievers) were.

Did you join the site to cause trouble? Or... did you join it in the same spirit as evidenced by Paul when he spoke to the "highly intelligent" of his day at the Areopagus?

If your motive is love, dear sister... for JAH, Christ... or your brother, neighbor, friend... or enemy... all of the latter of which might be found in that "city," then there is no law "against" you entering. I have not heard... yet... that I should go, but I certainly would do so, and without hesitation, if I did. Or thought I had.

Peace to you... and may our dear Father and Lord's spirit be with you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:49 pm 

Thank you Shelby, as always, for your words and your wish for peace.

May you and yours also have peace, as Christ gives peace, and may you remain in Him and Him in you,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 pm 

The real lesson for ALL of us, dear Tams (peace, luv!)... is twofold:

1. PERFECT love... casts ALL fears... OUTSIDE (so, unlike how we were taught by the WTBTS, we do NOT have to fear things/people/places that are not "like" us, but we DO have to love even our enemies); and

2. There is NO law... AGAINST... love. Eye-ee... if our motive is PURE (eye-ee, out of love), then we can actually "go"... WHEREVER he leads us.

Yes?

If what we're doing we're doing IN LOVE... then we have no need to fear "going there." Technically... OR literally.

Peace, my dear, dear sister!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:08 pm 

Quote:
Yes?

If what we're doing we're doing IN LOVE... then we have no need to fear "going there." Technically... OR literally.

Yes! Lol. Thank you. I knew I needed to post this... I knew there was a lesson for us... but I did not understand what the lesson WAS.

Peace again to you,
your servant, and sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy