It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: An Unpopular View...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
Quote:
Wanting to address some of AGuest's questions but my name's not Chappy!

By ALL means, please... feel FREE, dear Anne (peace to you and please know you never need to ask or make disclaimer, my dear! This is NOT the WTBTS!!). Just take care not to take offense at any comments that might result, however (the doing of which, you might see, is a trait of the WTBTS - i.e., it's okay for them to put THEIR propaganda out there, but not so much for those who counter/challenge - ever seen a JW at work at the door? All is well... until a householder asks them to read something THEY have! Then it's, "Uh, oh, no... we gotta go! We want you to read OUR literature, but no, we won't bother to even let you quote from yours!").

Taking offense at another questioning your position is part of the WTBTS "brainwashing." Sure, you can respond, even vehemently so, but to take offense simply because someone has a question/comment... where is the wisdom... love... in THAT? It's nothing more than fear... and where there's fear, there can't be Christ, dear one. Because perfect love cast fear OUTSIDE.

Quote:
Quote:
I just wonder if my responses and hers will be similar

Could be. And they could both be accurate, correct, and on point. They could also NOT be. But either way, so what? Either way, we all learn something, yes?

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

Quote:
AnneB wrote:
Wanting to address some of AGuest's questions but my name's not Chappy!

I just wonder if my responses and hers will be similar.

You have me curious as well

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

ANNEB SAID

HP: I am writing mine this evening and saving it as .rtf so that it's "honest", if you know what I mean. Then, after Chappy posts, I'll post mine...and we'll see.

My theory is that where we are raised has a huge effect on how we see the world. One can say "Bible Belt" and comprehend that most people in that area are steeped in Christianity. It can even be more specific, i.e., state, city or town, even neighborhood. I mentioned this to someone just today; I live nearly 3,000 miles from where I was raised, and it's taken me decades, but I finally understand how my environment has shaped my thoughts and awareness. I had to be away that long (decades) before I comprehended that the "United States" is really 50 different countries with different cultures, etc. The "American" bit is simply an overlay (which is probably why it doesn't work so well)...but I digress.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

*nod nod nod*

I was born and raised in California which is a decidedly diverse region of the US.