xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:30 pm 

May you all have peace!

I know that the wts and many (if not most or even all) religions use this that both Paul and Peter touched upon in various letters to the congregation. That the head of the wife is her husband, and it is HIS head that is Christ. Well, these verses have never sounded quite right to my "ears", or to my spirit. Because I know that Christ is my Head, and regardless of what others (appear to) say, I listen to Him.

So what in the world is going on in these verses, lol?

This is what my Lord explained to me just now:

The BRIDE... is the WIFE... of... CHRIST. Be they male OR female. So our head - the head of the Bride, male or female - is Christ, and we ALL of us (all of us being a wife) submit to Him as our head.

The relationship between a man and a woman as husbands and wives was used as an example of the relationship between Christ and His Bride. As Paul even explained:

"This is a profound mystery - but I am talking about Christ and the Church."

(The church BEING those who make up His Body, His Bride)

ALL those who belong to Christ as His Bride - both male and female - have Christ as their head. Not just the men. There is no difference between male or female ESPECIALLY if we are in Christ - because we are all a bride: the BRIDE of our Lord and King, Jaheshua, the Chosen One of Jah.

May you have peace!
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:59 pm 

Quote:
ALL those who belong to Christ as His Bride - both male and female - have Christ as their head. Not just the men. There is no difference between male or female ESPECIALLY if we are in Christ - because we are all a bride: the BRIDE of our Lord and King, Jaheshua, the Chosen One of Jah. .....Tammy

Have you gone Crazy!..Your forgetting your WBT$ JW Indoctrination!!..
The head of the Woman "IS" her husband..
Every conniving JW Wife will tell you.."The Wife is the Neck that turns the Head/Husband".
That way there`s always unrest in the marriage and the married couple are always working against each other..
Then the WBT$ steps in and tells them both what to do!.....Divide and Conquer!..
It`s been working for decades in WatchTower World.....LOL!!.....Not so much for JW Families but the WBT$ is doing well by it..

I can see why you didn`t do well in the WBT$..
If your not willing to cause endless disruption in your own family,your not Watchtower Material..

..........................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:00 pm 

LOL, Outlaw. There is not really a saying like that among them is there? 'Wife is the neck that turns the husband?' LOL.

I think it must be hard for anyone who does not believe that they are, or even can be, the Bride, to hear or even think about this. And the written word can get in the way if one looks to it for truth over Christ... or looks to someone else other than Christ to tell them what the bible 'says' - so that one may be 'diligently searching the scriptures', yet still failing to come to or even recognize Truth (Christ).

May all who DO wish for Truth (Christ) and Life (also Christ), be given ears to hear Him, and also to put their faith in HIM.

May any who wishes and any who thirst hear the Spirit (Christ) and the Bride say to them, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!"

Peace to you all,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:36 pm 

Quote:
LOL, Outlaw. There is not really a saying like that among them is there? 'Wife is the neck that turns the husband?' LOL.....Tammy

Yes there is..LOL!!..
I heard it repeatedly growing up..JW women openly gloat about it amongst themselves..
It`s like they have their own little gang of fellow conspirators outside the marriage..
Rather than work with their mates..
They conspire with other JW women on how to Manipulate their Husbands..
Although it`s funny to hear about.....Theres a WBT$ JW Darkness to it all..

...................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:26 pm 

Funny dear Outlaw....

I too have actually heard this saying, they have jokes about it, but I also have heard ( from the brothers in the hall) that those sisters that this refers to are the Jezebels in the Bible.
So the sisters better straighten up and learn their places in the marriage arrangement... :8O :((

Tammy, thank you for sharing this truth.

The body of Christ, male and female, are a bride! But the beauty of this completeness/ ONE ness
Is that also...

If Christ is our head and we are his body as a bride, he is not just a husband but part of this bride as well. He is EVERYTHING! We are all connected as ONE, complete. The same way Eve came out of Adham.

A lot to wrap our little heads around LOL.....

Peace to you all, your sister and fellow servant of our Lord who is all things to all....Kim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:12 pm 

Quote:
I too have actually heard this saying, they have jokes about it, but I also have heard ( from the brothers in the hall) that those sisters that this refers to are the Jezebels in the Bible.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I could add a few more lols in there because that just strikes me as SO funny... its very tit for tat, and I can only hear it in a sullen, grumpy, and disgruntled voice (of someone who has seen that his wife has been 'right' and he has been 'wrong' one time too many - which might take only one time for some men, and so it is easier just to call her a jezebel, or witch as has been done in the past, etc... OR... also as someone whose wife has nagged him out of any peace he might otherwise have had at home and with her)

This is not unique to jws of course. But it is to the detriment of both men and women.

Of course if BOTH are listening to Christ - THEIR head - then HE will teach them. How can either of them lord their position over the other if they are listening to Christ, their HEAD, who teaches us that He came NOT to BE served, but TO serve... and that we are to do the same? And that whoever wants to be greatest must become the LEAST. He washed the feet of his disciples, setting them an actual example to follow, and told them (us) to do likewise.

Peace to you both,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:43 am 

tec wrote:
May you all have peace!

I know that the wts and many (if not most or even all) religions use this that both Paul and Peter touched upon in various letters to the congregation. That the head of the wife is her husband, and it is HIS head that is Christ. Well, these verses have never sounded quite right to my "ears", or to my spirit. Because I know that Christ is my Head, and regardless of what others (appear to) say, I listen to Him.

So what in the world is going on in these verses, lol?

This is what my Lord explained to me just now:

The BRIDE... is the WIFE... of... CHRIST. Be they male OR female. So our head - the head of the Bride, male or female - is Christ, and we ALL of us (all of us being a wife) submit to Him as our head.

The relationship between a man and a woman as husbands and wives was used as an example of the relationship between Christ and His Bride. As Paul even explained:

"This is a profound mystery - but I am talking about Christ and the Church."

(The church BEING those who make up His Body, His Bride)

ALL those who belong to Christ as His Bride - both male and female - have Christ as their head. Not just the men. There is no difference between male or female ESPECIALLY if we are in Christ - because we are all a bride: the BRIDE of our Lord and King, Jaheshua, the Chosen One of Jah.

May you have peace!
tammy

Finally I understand this passage correctly! Thank you so much for sharing these truths Tammy.

Peace
Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:35 pm 

Thank you for sharing that, dear Tams (peace to you, luv!). Wonderful stuff! I just wanted to add, that this relationship, Christ and his Bride... and he being the head... is MUCH easier for women to accept, than for men. Because women are more used to being "brides,"... wives... and HAVING heads. Whereas men are more used to having to BE the head. As a result, they find submission much more difficult.

But in THIS relationship, they and Christ, they are not the head; they are the WIFE... and so must learn to take a wife's position.

Keep in mind, that position is NOT lower or lesser, not at ALL. It really is EQUAL, albeit, the one (wife) may defer to the other (husband)... out of LOVE and RESPECT.

It is equal, though, because, as Paul wrote, "A man must love his wife AS HE LOVES HIS OWN BODY." Which is how Christ loves HIS Body: AS himself:

"You must love your neighbor... AS [you love] YOURSELF."

Not love your neighbor more... or love yourself more. Love... AS yourself... and thus, the SAME. And a man's wife... and a woman's husband... is their CLOSEST "neighbor." Indeed, before they are man and wife, they are BROTHER and SISTER, at least in Christ, they are.

And who of us would want to do harm, in ANY way, to one who is our brother... or sister... in Christ?

I hope this helps.

Peace to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel