xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Do not follow men
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:43 pm 

May you all have peace!

Elsewhere, I read where someone asked what scripture could be found in the Bible which showed how Christ said "do not follow men."

I thought about that for a moment, yet I could not recall a specific verse that states 'do not follow men'. Maybe there is one, maybe there is not one. But I asked my Lord, 'What then (from what is written) would make this clear to people?'

He said to me then that it is not about what He said not to do in this matter. It is about what He said TO do.

Because He said... and SAYS still... "Follow ME."

Simple. Straightforward. Clear. "Follow ME." Not men. Not religion. "Follow ME." And if we are listening to Him, as we should be doing, then we will simply do as He said to do. The question of following someone(s) else, should not even come up. Would not come up IF we just listened to HIM, which MEANS listening to the Father... who said of Christ,

"This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Listen to Him." (luke 9:35)

And that Son says, "Follow ME."

(some verses on that for anyone who needs/wants to see them: matthew 16:24, Luke 14:27, John 10:27)

Man is the one who keeps adding and changing the simple and clear things that Christ and God have told us to do, confusing simple truth. Religious leaders can't point this out to you of course. Either they do not know... because they do not know Christ and so do not know truth; or they DO know, but are afraid to reveal it because of what may happen/what they may lose.

But there is more that my Lord reminded me of just now. Many LOOK to man to follow (someone they can see and hear physically)... because they do not believe that He truly is ALIVE. Here and now. Speaking and teaching still to those who would hear and obey Him. Just as He taught while in the flesh, but He does this now as the Spirit.

But no one has to take my word for any of this of course. Because Christ IS alive. He DOES speak. You can and should, if you want to know the truth, ask HIM.

May those with ears hear, and those who wish to hear be given ears to hear, so that you may hear the Spirit (Christ) and the bride say to you, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!"

(which water is holy spirit that Christ gives to whomever He chooses, and which His Father gave to Him without limit)

Peace to you all, as Christ gives peace,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

Post subject: Re: Do not follow men
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:06 pm 

Tammy,

Thank you for this beautiful reminder from our Lord that you have shared with us all!

Peace to you as well, your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:44 pm 

Great post Tammy. It's amazing how knowing Christ can change our perspective on these things.

It's so obvious now that ALL religion is FALSE religion. He is the mediator between Jah and us, He is our teacher and our high priest, our brother, our promised husband, and our father. We shouldn't be looking to ANYONE else. Not at all.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:14 pm 

And there you GO, luvs (peace to you, ALL, and thank YOU dear, dear Tams for sharing these truths!).

Nothing to ad, as our dear Tams said it precisely... and concisely - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you dear ones!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel