xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:54 pm 

Peace to you!

In the February WT Study Edition, the wts writes that gratitude to God and His Son should move us to be present at the commemoration of [Jesus] death, thus obeying the command to "keep doing this in remembrance of me." But is 'being present at the memorial' the command? The wts then cites 1Cortinthians 11:23-25 to support their claim:

For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you. The Lord [Jesus], on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

Here is that last verse emphasizing what Christ said to keep doing in remembrance of Him:

"This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

Wait... what?

Do this... whenever you DRINK it... in remembrance of me.

NOT... do this... whenever you pass the cup around, or attend the memorial, or listen to a talk about eating and drinking... in remembrance of me.

And then there is the last verse of that exchange (verse 26) that the wts does NOT cite (for obvious reasons):

"For whenever you EAT this bread and DRINK this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes."

Whenever you eat.

Whenever you drink.

THAT is what Christ has asked us to do in remembrance of Him, and this proclaims His death until He comes.

The wts cites these verses to 'prove' that merely attending the memorial night (without eating and drinking) constitutes obedience to the command to 'keep doing this in remembrance of me'. But these verses are all about EATING and DRINKING in remembrance of Christ... and it is eating and drinking that Christ has told us to do in remembrance of Him.

1Corinthians 11:23-26

For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you. The Lord [Jesus], on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

Our Lord said something else that I must write here:

"Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." John 14:23

May any who wish them be given ears to understand and hear as the Spirit and Bride say to you, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty and whoever is seeking, let them "Come... and take the free gift of the water of life!"

(which water is holy spirit, poured out by Christ, who IS the Spirit)

Peace to you all,
your servant, and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:46 pm 

Amen to all of this my sister.

They are already preparing its members and visitors to deny our Lords body and blood once again!
To pass over this opportunity that is open to each and EVERYone.

To pass over proclaiming his death, the value of it, and understanding that Life comes through Him.

They are brainwashing them early on in preparation to just 'observe' and not even think about partaking ( just in case they were).

And that IF anybody does...which as in our case last year the visitors (not members) sitting behind us said, " I thought we weren't supposed to be eating it."

Ooh well, this season is drawing close once again. It is truly sad to know that this organization professes to be Christians, belong to Christ, teach truth and are assured by its leaders that they are the only ones that are going to survive Armaggedon yet they do not obey what our Lord says.

Thank you for sharing this Tammy and may any who ARE hearing our Lords voice and invitation to "COME" this year be given the strength to obey and make a public declaration of their faith and union with Christ.

Love your sister and fellow slave of our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah, Kim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:35 am 

Yes Tammy! You've well illustrated the WTBS manipulation of verses so that the importance of the direction given by Christ is shrouded. Makes me angry at myself yet again for being so hoodwinked.

Loz x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:08 am 

Good morning and peace be with you all,

Something our Lord shared with me this morning and serves as a reminder to continually pray for those that remain enslaved in the wts.

What he showed me was the celebration of the Passover that he and His disciples were partaking of. It was an annual celebration for them.

And served as a reminder when death passed over them the night the Israelites fled to the wilderness to worship Jah and be led to the promise land.

They were freed from slavery and bondage out of Egypt.

Our Lord Jaheshua fulfilled that law as the Passover Lamb that he IS. And it is by means of Him/ partaking of his body as that Lamb and taking in His blood that we are forgiven and freed from bondage to sin and death. We no longer are enslaved to it, death passes over us and we have life by means of Him.
And we can be led in this wilderness by ONLY him, and allow him to lead us to the promise land.

Everyone in the wilderness, Israelites and the vast mixed company ate the manna and drank the water
which is Christ. It was not just the priests that ate of it.

Which is why John 6 48-59 repeats the invitation to " ANYONE".

May any wishing and thirsting for His life giving water which is Holy Spirit hear The Spirit which is Christ and His bride say, " COME", take of it for FREE!"

Love, your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:03 pm 

Tec:

This statement: "For whenever you EAT this bread and DRINK this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes."

just jumped off the page for me. To "proclaim" his death--means to EAT and DRINK. No eating--no drinking--no proclaiming!

Thank you for sharing and may ANYONE who wishes take Life's Water Free.

--Armando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:38 am 

Peace to you ALL.... and THANK you, dear, dear tec ( peace to you, luv! ) for so clearly reiterating this for us! This is what I've been trying to share with ANY who have "ears". There is NOTHING in what our dear Lord said or Paul, et al., that condones NOT partaking.

The WTBTS gets away with it with one phrase: "little flock." By twisting this term Christ used to address JEWS as a means to create another "fence" between peoples, they instill FEAR in those who may be of the OTHER 10 tribes... AS WELL as people of EVERY [other] nation, tribe, tongue, and people! Fences EXIST because of some kind of fear. Whether to keep predators out, the vulnerable IN... or fear of someone trespassing on one's property, there is SOME kind of fear instilled by the construction of a fence.

What's more... they've replaced the "little flock" of Jews with a group of people MOST of which are NOT Abraham's seed, but Anglo by descent, previously greatly Germanic, and almost entirely absent Middle Eastern or African. Which, considering the various migrations, immigrations, habitations, occupations, and exiles of ANCIENT Israel... is preposterous.

What their misled members MISS and adding to what dear Armand ( peace to you, as well! )... is that it was the people who did NOT put blood on the doorposts of their houses and NOT eat the Passover lamb the night of deliverance from Egypt... who were struck down by the Destroyer! Death PASSED over those who did. For those who didn't OBEY... whether Jew, Simeonite, Levite, Midianite... or Egyptian... LIFE... PASSED OVER...THEM.

Great... and TIMELY... thread. I can think of at least one WTBTS-related website... and 3 or 4 social forums... where so many would BENEFIT from this information. Entire households, even.

If only their CAPTORS and so controllers... would let them. LET them go... to TRULY celebrate a festival to JAH. Which is all He asked of one ancient Pharaoh. Due to that one's obstinacy MANY people lost their lives. Sadly, that same kind of obstinacy will lead to the loss of even more lives. Many more.

Too bad... too bad.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am 

Quote:
The WTBTS gets away with it with one phrase: "little flock."

Not only this. Today's WT lesson is all about "observing" the Lord's Evening Meal. Here's the reasoning:

Quote:
WHO SHOULD PARTAKE?

14 Those who rightly partake of the Memorial emblems are absolutely sure that they are parties to the new covenant. Regarding the wine, Jesus said: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood.” (1 Cor. 11:25) Through the prophet Jeremiah, God foretold that He would make a new covenant that differed from the Law covenant made with the Israelites. (Read Jeremiah 31:31-34.) God has made the new covenant with the spiritual Israelites. (Gal. 6:15, 16) This covenant has been validated by Christ’s sacrifice and has been made operative by his shed blood. (Luke 22:20) Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant, and loyal anointed ones taken into it receive a heavenly inheritance.—Heb. 8:6; 9:15.

15 Individuals entitled to partake of the Memorial emblems know that they have been taken into the Kingdom covenant. (Read Luke 12:32.) Those who became Jesus’ anointed followers and loyally stuck with Jesus, sharing in his sufferings, were to share his heavenly rule. (Phil. 3:10) Because they are in the Kingdom covenant, faithful anointed ones will reign with Christ as heavenly kings forever. (Rev. 22:5) Such individuals rightly partake of the emblems during the Lord’s Evening Meal.

16 Only those who have the witness of the spirit that they are God’s children should partake of the Memorial emblems. (Read Romans 8:15-17.) Note that Paul used the Aramaic word “Abba,” which means “O Father!” A child might use this word when addressing his father, for it is a term of endearment that combines the intimacy of “papa” with the respectful word “father.” Those who have received “a spirit of adoption as sons” are God’s spirit-begotten children. His spirit bears witness with their spirit, giving them the realization that they are Jehovah’s anointed sons. It is not simply a matter of their losing interest in living on earth. They are certain that they will be Jesus’ joint heirs in the heavenly Kingdom if they are faithful to death. Today, there is only a remnant of the 144,000 footstep followers of Christ, who “have an anointing from the holy one,” Jehovah. (1 John 2:20; Rev. 14:1) It is by means of his spirit that they cry out, “Abba, Father!” What a blessed relationship they have with God!

Let me address a few issues with all of this.

1. Nowhere in the Bible does it describe the new covenant as belonging to only 144,000. NOWHERE. I say it again, NO-WHERE.
2. Paragraph 15 says, "Those who became Jesus’ anointed followers and loyally stuck with Jesus, sharing in his sufferings, were to share his heavenly rule." What's interesting here is that the vast majority of the "anointed" today DO NOT SHARE IN CHRIST'S SUFFERINGS.
3. Note in paragraph 16 that Romans 8:15-17 are cited. These are the typical go-to verses to show who are supposedly anointed. There is deception here because verse 14 is left out, which says, "For all who are led by God’s spirit are indeed God’s sons."
4. As already mentioned, our Lord, and I would go even further and say, the entire Bible, does NOT limit who can partake.

The article has other deceptions in it, taking passages out of context, such as 1 Cor 11:27-34 to "prove" that not everyone can partake, but doesn't consider the issue that Paul was addressing, that of people coming to the evening meal intoxicated, hungry, and having divisions. The "scrutinizing" of oneself was all about motive, not about whether one was of the anointed or not.

Sadly, JWs will keep believing these falsehoods. As my wife commented to me yesterday, "I don't care about context."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 am 

Good morning everyone and peace to you all,

Leaving, I hear ya my brother. So many lies and false interpretations of these verses.

A couple as well I noticed is...

paragraph 14 with regards to 1Corinthians 11: 27-34.

Yes, they use this reference so an individual can scrutinize oneself as to whether or not they should partake.
" Scrutinize " to be be sure that an individual truly is anointed with a heaven calling??
But, what other calling was there when Paul wrote this? There was only the " one hope, one faith, one baptism."
The WTBS instituted this " two hope lie" in 1935 when they didn't know what to do with the rest of the individuals that were coming into the org and the number was INcreasing instead of DEcreasing.

So, this lie doesn't make a bit of sense!

As to paragraph 16...

That one that partakes are sure they are anointed.

But the first 12 that Christ said this to were NOT anointed. So this wouldn't be the prerequisite.

As to that " fence" that man has created to separate the flock that belongs to Christ and one that the WTBS uses ( referring to the little flock) to keep all others from partaking is a lie as well because of what is mentioned in Ephesians 2:11-22

Eph 2:11
Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)—

Eph 2:12
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Eph 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Eph 2:15
by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

Eph 2:16
and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Eph 2:17
He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near,

Eph 2:18
For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Eph 2:19
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household

Eph 2:20
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone

Eph 2:21
In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

Thank for sharing this,
Your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 pm 

Thank you, both, dear LQ and 'Mom (and peace to you, both!). Something more:

Yesterday, we had the privilege of having an ACTIVE JW in our home (well, as active as an elderly woman who has been abandoned by her JW brethren once early dementia began and she needed actual CARE). She is dear hubby's stepmother, who is mom to him and his siblings. Dear hubby and his siblings are doing what they can to assist now, taking her into their homes and helping her with her diabetes.

Anyway, she partook with us. Yep, ate, drank... AND let me wash her feet! Afterward, we had quite discussion about hearing Christ, some of the things he's taught and shared with us, etc. At some point, dear Hubby's Mom asked, "How often do you get together to do this?" We told her that we don't have a set routine; it's just when we can get together. I was immediately reminded of the words "WHENEVER you drink it," "AS OFTEN AS as you drink it," "when you come together," etc. I dismissed this so that I could refocus on our guest(s). However, early this morning our dear Lord brought it back to me.

He reminded me of what she asked and then reminded me that others have asked and will yet ask, and that, given the current WTBTS "Memorial Season," I should be prepared if someone, say, comes to my door, attempts to invite me on the street, or even speaks to me about it at this year's Memorial. And what he shared was this:

While he and his disciples absolutely celebrated the ANNUAL Passover, the "observance" HE instituted that night was NOT an annual event, but one driven by a motivated heart. In other words, his disciples were to get together HOWEVER often THEY wished... in order to renew this "remembrance." He never made it annual... or intended for it to be so. He did not institute a new means for observing the Passover of MOSES... but an entirely DIFFERENT passover. One that did NOT include a specific time to observe, and did not include the various "foodstuffs" of the first one. For example, he did not tell them to slaughter and eat (a) lamb, because HE is the Passover Lamb. And so, the BREAD replaces the "meat", by constituting HIS flesh. He also did not tell them to eat bitter greens... OR a specific TIME wherein which to observe his words. It is not about the WHAT and WHEN, so as much as the WHO that is the what: HIM, HIS flesh... that is the "lamb." And this time, his blood... in the form of wine.

He did this for a REASON, however. And that is because he was NOT simply restructuring the first Passover. He was RECREATING it... to include some features of that, as WELL as features... of the Israelites living on MANNA and water from the rock-mass! And the former, after having observed the first Passover... ate the manna... and drank from the rock-mass... EVERY DAY. Indeed, it was the means by which they LIVED... WHILE wandering in the wilderness!

And so, like them, WE can eat... and drink... EVERY day... as well as invite others to SHARE in doing so... ANY day. In ancient times, we might think of the Israelites NOT doing so because of the redundancy ("Hey, Yacob, you guys wanna come over and share summa OUR manna and water?" "Now, why would we wanna do THAT? What, does YOUR manna and water somehow taste different from OUR manna and water?!"). Yet, such an invitation, if given, was NOT about the particulars of the FOOD (they ALL ate the SAME manna and drank from the SAME rock-mass). It would have been about LOVE: come, let us SHARE A MEAL together!

As Christ stated:

"I have greatly desired to eat this Passover WITH YOU..."

Remember, each one COULD have ate their meal at home, with their families, or even with extended family. But he personally invited them to share it with HIM. Why did he only do so that time, versus many other times? Because he would have stumbled them, attempting to share a "Passover" meal with them for any other reason THAN the (first) Passover. But once he DID, they understood that not only should they do some things they had not before (i.e., include wine, wash feet, etc.), but that they should do it... OFTEN.

Of course, often can mean several times (a year)... or even everyday. Each one much discern for himself/herself. It seems to ME, however, given how often the Israelites ate manna and drank from the rock-mass (1 Corinthians 10:1-5), AND what the following words of our dear Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah), daily MIGHT be a good thing to consider:

"... unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” John 6:53-58

And...

"Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
John 15:4-7

I hope any who have ears to hear DO hear these truths... and not just as HEARERS... but DOERS. May they also, if they have not already, hear... when the Spirit that is Christ... and his Bride... say to THEM:

"COME! TAKE Life's (Christ's) water... the holy spirit of God, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... which is poured out from the innermost parts of His SON and King... the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... FREE!" COME!!

Peace to you all!

YSSFS

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:43 am 

I have to make a correction to something I said. I said this:

Quote:
The article has other deceptions in it, taking passages out of context, such as 1 Cor 11:27-34 to "prove" that not everyone can partake, but doesn't consider the issue that Paul was addressing, that of people coming to the evening meal intoxicated, hungry, and having divisions. The "scrutinizing" of oneself was all about motive, not about whether one was of the anointed or not.

I said this while skimming over the article and seeing these verses and the word "scrutiny" and assumed it was the same old reasoning. However, this article does not use the same old reasoning in this case. They apply the scrutiny to an anointed one who partakes. Better to show you what the article actually says:

Quote:
11 As you prepare for the Lord’s Evening Meal, consider what the apostle Paul wrote to the Christian congregation in Corinth. (Read 1 Corinthians 11:27-34.) Paul pointed out that anyone who partakes of the loaf and drinks from the cup unworthily is “guilty respecting the body and the blood of the Lord,” Jesus Christ. So an anointed one should “approve himself after scrutiny” and only then partake of the emblems. Otherwise, he “eats and drinks judgment against himself.” Because of improper conduct, many of the Corinthians were “weak and sick, and quite a few [were] sleeping in [spiritual] death.” Possibly, some ate and drank so much before or during the Memorial that they were neither mentally nor spiritually alert. Partaking of the emblems in such an unworthy manner brought God’s disapproval on them.

12 Paul compared the Memorial to a meal shared with others, and he warned partakers: “You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons.” (1 Cor. 10:16-21) If a person who partakes of the emblems at the Lord’s Evening Meal has committed a serious sin, he should seek spiritual assistance. (Read James 5:14-16.) If such an anointed one has produced “fruits that befit repentance,” then he is not showing contempt for Jesus’ sacrifice by partaking of the Memorial emblems.—Luke 3:8.

Of course, I wondered if they had this explanation before. And, going back through the WT Library CD, I find that they have in several places. In 1953, they applied it directly to being one of the anointed or not. In 1985, it was a bit fuzzy, but one might have gotten that impression. In 1996, they had both applications. In 2003, the application was to the respect for the occasion, similar to this year's explanation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:27 am 

Good morning to you LQ and peace....

Thank for the clarification of their " Newest understanding."

They did used to teach years ago that the scrutinizing of oneself was whether an individual truly feels they are anointed and therefore whether or not to partake BUT...

I can see this change over the years. Yes eventually saw that it was stupid how they were explaining this.

As to this,

" If a person who partakes of the emblems at the Lords evening meal has committed a serious sin, he should seek spiritual assistance"...

If the wages for sin IS death and... ALL have sinned and fallen short...

Isn't that when we need our Lords sacrifice the most? We fall short EVERYday, we ARE sin and need his covering and forgivenss upon us. Doesn't matter serious sin or not. Sin is Sin!

And if we need to seek spiritual assistance, then who better to go to than the ONE that can help, our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah.
He's the one that gave his life and tells us we need him 24/7 and can never do this on our own apart from Him. And that unless we eat of his flesh and drink of his blood we have NO life within ourselves.

They put themselves " in the seat of Moses." They want everyone to come to them NOT Christ.

As to " scrutinizing" oneself, yes. Examine what's going on in your heart, your motive at the time, whether there is leaven in your heart and then work through it with Christ. Admit it, take accountability, be obedient and act upon it if necesaary, ask forgiveness and MOVE ON.

Not, "don't EVER partake."

Peace and Love to you my brother, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:26 pm 

Thanks for the clarification, dear LQ (peace to you!)... and for YOUR wonderful contribution, as well, dear 'Mom (peace to you, as well!). Of course, you all know me, so you KNOW I had to look for the LIE in the WTBTS's 'splanation... and it is there. I give you:

Quote:
"As you prepare for the Lord’s Evening Meal, consider what the apostle Paul wrote to the Christian congregation in Corinth. (Read 1 Corinthians 11:27-34.) Paul pointed out that anyone who partakes of the loaf and drinks from the cup unworthily is “guilty respecting the body and the blood of the Lord,” Jesus Christ. So an anointed one should “approve himself after scrutiny” and only then partake of the emblems. Otherwise, he “eats and drinks judgment against himself.”

Indeed. That IS true. But then, look at how they falsely mislead:

Quote:
Because of improper conduct, many of the Corinthians were “weak and sick, and quite a few [were] sleeping in [spiritual] death.” Possibly, some ate and drank so much before or during the Memorial that they were neither mentally nor spiritually alert. Partaking of the emblems in such an unworthy manner brought God’s disapproval on them.

Where, PRAY tell, did Paul write that such ones bring JAH'S DISAPPROVAL on THEM????? HE wrote that such one eat... and drink... judgment... AGAINST THEMSELVES. NOT eat and drink... and are judged (unworthy) by JAH! In their hypocritical claiming to KNOW... which knowledge is ALSO a LIE... they take what Paul wrote... as to one judging ONESELF... and turn it into a judgment brought upon such one BY JAH! A blasphemous LIE... AND a FALSE accusation against the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies!

And they are not the only ones who do this or have done this, false accuse JAH of such unrighteousness. MANY have and do and the account of at least... the so-called friends of JAH's servant, the man Job... Bildad, Zophar, and Eliphaz... was recorded for us so that WE don't do the exact same thing! These MISLED JOB not only into thinking, but SAYING, that it was JAH who was judging... and punishing... him - when nothing could have been FURTHER from the truth! Or further... from the Truth (that is Christ)! Because it was the ADVERSARY who was punishing Job, who had "judged" Job as being weak and disloyal, and set out to PROVE it! Yet, THAT one was the LIAR.

We HAVE to pay attention, dear ones. Remember, the Adversary KEEPS transforming HIMSELF into an "angel"... or messenger... of light. Even of THE Light. But he is NOT. Nor are those who serve him. Hence, while there may be SOME truth in what such ones have to say ("God knows that in your eating it, your eyes are bound to be opened and you will be like God... knowing good AND bad")... there is also ALWAYS the lie ("You positively will NOT die!").

Don't let the smooth words fool you. If a BLIND guides leads the BLIND... BOTH will fall into the PIT.

Hence, we must walk in the LIGHT. We do that when we FOLLOW the LAMB. WhereEVER... HE... goes! And one place he did NOT go was to make false accusations against the Father.

Rather, he said:

"UNLESS you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have NO life within yourselves."

And...

"He that eats my flesh and drinks my blood REMAINS IN UNION with me."

And...

"UNLESS you remain in union with me, you can do NOTHING in and of yourselves."

Those who belong to Christ should ALWAYS partake of his flesh and blood. ALWAYS. True, they may have to cleanse the insider of their "cup" BEFORE doing so, so as to not eat and drink judgment AGAINST THEMSELVES, but if they are unable to do so at one point doesn't mean they should not do so at ALL. Even the Israelites were given provision to eat the Passover... 30 days later... if, because of being abroad, they missed the regular one!

While we might be able to partake TODAY because of something "in" us that needs to be cleansed, we CERTAINLY should do so AS SOON AS we have accomplished such cleansing! And if we obey our dear Lord and PRAY for our enemies, for those "against" whom we "have" something [in our hearts], which something renders us unclean ("With the same judgment that you judge, you will BE judged")... then that LOVE (for our enemies)... can COVER our uncleanness, our sin... ALONG WITH the blood of Christ.

Because love... COVERS... a MULTITUDE of sins... and Christ's blood... washes us CLEAN! And so, HE said:

"This cup... MEANS MY BLOOD."

The question is whether one TRULY believes that.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:47 am 

Quote:
Where, PRAY tell, did Paul write that such ones bring JAH'S DISAPPROVAL on THEM????? HE wrote that such one eat... and drink... judgment... AGAINST THEMSELVES. NOT eat and drink... and are judged (unworthy) by JAH!

The logical question here is, if one eats and drinks judgement against themselves, who is the one judging? Paul actually DID write something about this right after this:

Quote:
27 Therefore, whoever eats the loaf or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will be guilty respecting the body and the blood of the Lord. 28 First let a man approve himself after scrutiny, and only then let him eat of the loaf and drink of the cup. 29 For the one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment against himself. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and quite a few are sleeping in death. 31 But if we would discern what we ourselves are, we would not be judged. 32 However, when we are judged, we are disciplined by Jehovah, so that we may not become condemned with the world.

(Or, more properly, "when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord")

However, this does not mean God's disapproval, as you pointed out. (And THANK YOU for that.) This means disciplining, or EDUCATING / TRAINING, for a purpose, so as not to be condemned with the world.

These verse are actually saying: If you eat worthily, you are not judged at all, and you need no training. If you eat unworthily, you DO need training. Not training to NOT eat or drink, but training TO eat and drink worthily. This is SOOOOO CLEAR now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:21 pm 

Quote:
These verse are actually saying: If you eat worthily, you are not judged at all, and you need no training.

And how does one eat "worthily" (greetings and peace to you, dear LQ!)? By scutinizing... or "judging" (examining) oneself FIRST... in order to discern the body and blood of Christ.

Quote:
If you eat unworthily, you DO need training. Not training to NOT eat or drink, but training TO eat and drink worthily.

So that one eats and drinks "unworthily" when they do NOT scrutizine... or examine... themselves beforehand... and as a result, end up "judging" oneself BY such eating and drinking ("With the same judgment that you judge, you will be judged"). So, rather than examining themselves, then CLEANSING... the INSIDE of the "cup"... they do NOT examine and so cleanse the inside, leaving something to be judged. Eye-ee... judgment against themselves.

Quote:
This is SOOOOO CLEAR now.

Wonderful to hear it, dear, dear LQ!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 pm 

I don't think there is anything for me to add. Just wanted to say that I love you guys, and all your contributions.

Peace to you all,
your servant, and sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy