xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: John 16:33
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:18 pm 

May you have peace.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I know we've talked about not worrying or fearing, including not worrying or fearing things that may never happen to begin with. We have talked about not worrying or fearing over ANYTHING. Because Christ has told us NOT to fear and NOT to worry.

But this is what my Lord revealed to me a short time back, something I had not fully grasped:

Not only should we not worry over things that may never happen. We are not to fear or worry over even those things that WILL happen.

We can get through them. Our task, our work at that time, is to keep our faith in Christ and remain in Him... and His peace. The peace that HE gives us, because even when we are at our weakest (as He was in the desert when tempted), He is our strength... if we simply reach out, take hold, and remain in Him.

(This should go without saying that remaining in Him means keeping His word and following his teachings/commands. We don't decide that because we are suffering, we can forgo forgiveness or mercy or truth or love, even to an enemy. If we're having trouble with these things, then we can ask for that fruit of the Spirit that we need to continue to obey Christ and remain in Him and in God's love.)

Again, as He has told us:

"Take heart! I have overcome the world."

If He has overcome the world, and we are in Him... then what in the world do we have to fear?

Forewarned is forearmed... and this is exactly what He did for us when He warned us that we would have trouble in this world. Especially as we know that the purpose of such trouble IS to cause you to lose faith, to deny Him, to blame Him, to leave Him, and so leave God.

Trust in Him. Keep your faith in Him. Listen to Him. He will take care of the rest.

May you have peace, the peace that is in Christ, that Christ gives.

And may you who wish them be given ears to hear as the Spirit and the Bride say to you, "Come!" And may all who thirst and all who seek, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of life."

Your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

Post subject: Re: John 16:33
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:11 pm 

It's true; every word you wrote is true. We are never left alone, it's a promise.

I want to write more, to give examples, but right now I'm pretty well drained of strength. I'll try to come back to this. For right now I felt the need to add my "Amen!"

AB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 pm 

Yes my sister my Amen as well!

Remembering that anything we encounter in the way of " trouble" as the verse mentioned, our Lord is allowing upon us if it is with regards to Him. And he will never allow more on us in the way of temptation than we can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way OUT in order for you to BE ABLE to ENDURE it. 1Corinthians 10:13

So if our Lord IS allowing it...he knows we CAN endure it because and by means of HIM!

Many times people ask " Why is God allowing this to happen to me?" Many times things that come our way are as a result of OUR CHOICES we have made and has nothing to do with God.
Many times as well people ask why is God giving me more than I can bear? It usually either is not from him OR he gave you the way out by showing you or telling you AND you chose not to listen to it.

But I have witnessed personally with myself that although I may have not always made the best LOL decisions on things, he has still on many occasions come to my rescue. That is His mercy, compassion and love that they both ARE!
We don't deserve any of it but he saves us from ourselves at times.

But the adversary will challenge that when it comes to " skin in behalf of skin"... And we should remember that when we rely completely on Christ and not fear or worry but realize WHO and WHERE this challenge is coming from, Christ WILL BE our complete strength and because of Him we can conquer and make that " reply" that despite what our adversary throws our way, we will not curse God.

Thank you for sharing this. A great reminder again NOT to fear or be anxious.

Love your sister and fellow slave of our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah, Kim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:45 pm 

YES!! YES!! YES!! And... YESSSSSS... dear, dear Tams!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The GREATEST of love and peace to you, dear, dear sister... and may JAH continue to bless YOU... by allowing His Son... our Lord, Master, Savior, and King... the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... to lead, guide, and teach YOU! May He allow YOUR ears... AND your heart... to REMAIN open... and receptive!

I LOVE that you have shared this!!

PEACE to you and to YOUR dear, dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel... who obviously can't contain her JOY at this "revelation"!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:18 am 

Peace and love back up to you ladies!

your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:43 am 

I just don't know what to say. Me and my husband are really suffering at the moment. I go to our Lord repeatedly asking for help, comfort just everything, and yet I can't sleep, struggle to eat and just cry all the time. Then this.....Tammy I do believe my Lord has just used you to tell me to STOP and LISTEN to Him. What is the point of having the blessing to hear and yet think, but how can that be, everything is stacked against us.......
Such a terrible lack off faith on my part, yet has my Lord turned his back on me....no, he put it in written form so I a miserable lump of flesh could finally get to SEE and then hear.
I'm crying now but with tears of absolute joy and relief.
Thank you thank you, and may you have peace.
Thank you aswell for all your comments, the best thing I have done in a long time was to come back here.

May you all have peace.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:09 am 

I am so glad to read that our Lord has reached you through our sister Tammy, Fairywings.

On another thread I shared the scripture in 2 Cor 12v9 which I am prone to forget, but it's so important at very difficult times...

Quote:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Despite the pain of the sorrows and struggles we face, Paul is right, the strength we get from our Lord's power 'resting on us' is wonderful to experience.

Peace to you sister

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:46 am 

Again, joy.... for ALL of Christ's Body who can grasp this truth (peace to you, all! ). And particularly you, dear FW ( mornin ' and peace to you, dear lady! ). And thank YOU, dear AnneB, 'Mom, and Loz ( peace to you dear sisters, as well!).

Dear ones, we are BORN into tribulation by the very means of who we ARE: those who have ENEMIES... in THIS world AND the spirit realm! THIS world BELONGS to our ADVERSARY. How, then, can we EXPECT it... and those who belong to it... to BE kind to us???? It is UNREASONABLE to expect it!

If we want to be treated KINDLY by the world... and those who belong to IT... EVEN members of our own household (because remember, a man's enemies will BE members of his own household)... then we have to be PART OF the world. And we KNOW this... why? Because our dear Lord SAID:

"If the world hates you, you should realize that it hated ME before it hated YOU. If you BELONGED to the world, the world would LOVE you as one of its OWN. But because you do NOT belong to the world and I have chosen you OUT of the world, the WORLD... HATES... you.  REMEMBER what I told you: ‘A SLAVE is not GREATER than his MASTER.’ If they persecuted ME, they will also persecute YOU. If they heeded MY word, they will also heed YOURS. They will do all these things to YOU on account of MY name, because THEY DO NOT KNOW THE ONE who SENT me."

He WARNED us... or tried to. Just as the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, TRIED to warn Adham and Eve. We're not SUPPOSED to be looking for comfort in anyone other than him, THE "Comforter"... or PEACE... FROM anyone other than him. If we are looking to find these things in... or to receive them from... OTHERS... we are looking AWAY FROM HIM. Turning our faces, our gaze... AWAY from him... and TOWARD... OTHERS.

But he didn't SAY our friends, our spouses, our children, our world family would BE the source of comfort or peace for us but that HE was that source! If we keep on looking at HIM, then... keep our eyes, gaze... HEART... on HIM... HE would comfort us... and give us HIS peace!

Now, we have all HEARD this. Or at least read of it. Do we DO it, though? Do we listen... and OBEY... when he says "Do not be anxious... over ANYTHING... but seek first the kingdom and HIS righteousness... and all these things (that the WORLD worries about)... WILL be added to you"?

Dear ones, how can we say we belong to the MOST Holy One of Israel AND His Son, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH ( MischaJah )... and (1) NOT do the things That One SAID and SAYS... or, even worse (2) BE anxious... worried... concerned... AS IF That One has LIED to us??!! THAT is NOT seeking HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. THAT... is doing like Israel in the wilderness after Egypt: saying "Oh, you brought us OUT (of the WORLD)... ONLY to let us DIE... in THIS "wilderness"!!

Is THAT what we TRULY think, that JAH only sent Christ to us... and/or we to him... only so that he could lead us to DIE? TO suffer?

I don't believe that. I know better than that. And not because I am special. I KNOW it because:

1. My Lord has NEVER lied to me; and
2. I have FAITH in him and what he SAID; but
3. My faith is not BLIND but is based on an EVIDENT DEMONSTRATION of reality... that I did not "behold" (see with my own eyes of flesh):
4. Which his bringing Israel through the wilderness he led THEM through!

Was it hard for them? Hell yes! Enemies without... enemies within. Fear of hunger. Fear of thirst. Wild animals. Time's of darkness. You name it. And yet... the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... NEVER LEFT THEM. Even... when their LACK OF FAITH made Him WANT to. Just like Moses pleaded for those griping, whining, murmuring folks... CHRIST pleads for US.

UNLIKE those folks... we... should be at a place of UNENDING... GRATITUDE. Because even if we DIE... we have a PROMISE... from One... Who CANNOT LIE... that if we listen to, love, obey... KISS... His SON... we WILL live AGAIN... and FOREVER.

The ONLY way we can be "conquered" then, by the WORLD... is that we either give up, give in... or don't BELIEVE that promise in the first place... and so grumble and moan about our "lot" in life.

THAT, dear ones, is what Israel did. And for that they lost not only their lives... but later, THEIR RIGHT TO A KINGDOM.

If we are having trials... tribulation... we need to keep it in perspective. Looking at Christ, keeping our faces toward and our gaze ON him... will help us always do that. If one can't do that, then there's always THIS truth:

Babies in Rwanda... Darfur... Chile... Liberia... the Gaza... England... Canada... the US... Ferguson, MI... are dying. Mother's (and father's) are weeping and wailing. Because they can't do a thing about it. Or those who can... won't.

Those are the things are hearts should be moaning and groaning about and begging for relief from: the "curse" of death that still reigns over THIS world. And the LIES... that blame the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, FOR it.

We can keep it all in perspective if we remember to pray for the things our dear Lord TOLD us to pray for:

"Father... let YOUR NAME be sanctified. Let YOUR KINGDOM be established. Let YOUR WILL be done ON EARTH."

If those things are done, dear ones... WHEN they are done... there will nothing FOR us to have to ask FOR. Personally... or otherwise. Once the NEW Jerusalem is completed, once her parts have been FULLY gathered... and ASSEMBLED... "she" will be joined AS ONE... to her "husbandly owner" who will love and care FOR her... and to all of her member parts. ONE Body. No divisions (within her). No enemies (within her). No mourning... outcry... or pain. NO harm in her... whatsoever.

But that is not now. We have not yet reached that City of DOUBLE peace... from where OUR King reigns. WE are still in a precarious, even dangerous "wilderness." Our King is not HERE in BODY... but he IS with us in SPIRIT... and so will lead and guide us THROUGH... if we keep our gaze ON HIM.

I hope that helps, truly, and THANK you, again, dear, dear tec... the GREATEST of love and peace to you, dear, dear sister... for that very inspiring truth!

Peace to you ALL!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:04 am 

Thank you for sharing that, fairywings. I wish the Lord's peace for all who are struggling now. And thank all you ladies for the reminders to look to Christ.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 am 

Hi Shell, peace to you.
Thanks for that, really appreciate your words.
You to Loz and may you have peace.
I got really bogged down with stuff. We are still struggling with losing our business/home and the fallout from it. Watersprout is very ill and we live over 300 miles away. My youngest daughter has also been struggling with health issues and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year and at times have to use a wheel chair. My husband has a heart condition and should really be living in a bubble away from all of this.
Sooo my poor flesh just lost it's way and hence my utter joy in reading Tammy's post and all the following comments.

Peace to all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:00 pm 

Thanks Ataloa, may you to have the peace of our Lord.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:20 pm 

Peace and much love to you all!

I am so thankful that this helped you, Fairywings. I knew someone needed this. (certainly helped me when my Lord opened my eyes to the truth in this) I think someone always does, when Christ gives us something to share. I did not know who, but that doesn't matter. Christ knows.

And yes, this as Shelby has posted (peace and love to you also!):

Quote:
We can keep it all in perspective if we remember to pray for the things our dear Lord TOLD us to pray for:

"Father... let YOUR NAME be sanctified. Let YOUR KINGDOM be established. Let YOUR WILL be done ON EARTH."

If we think about what those things mean... well, then that just covers everything, doesn't it?

Again, peace to you all, as Christ gives peace,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:22 pm 

Yes to all and thank you Ladies ALL OF YOU for being here.

Tammy, I agree completely. When we share, it always is for US first, but the US extends to the body of Christ as well because if we are JOINED to Him, PART of Him, then there is ALWAYS someONE or ones that need these reminders and encouragement. I do and appreciate them always.

So happy dear Fairywings that you have found you way back here.
We all have something to bring that our Lord gives us to build up the body and I am so grateful for each and every one of you.

I long for the day when all living, breathing beings truly KNOW our father Jah and His Son. When His will is done in heaven and on earth. And when all voices praise them and cry out, " Blessed is HE that comes in the name of Jah".

For now, we are a target of the adversary, and he wants nothing more than to shut us up, attack us in all the places that hurt the most. But with our Lords strength and only by means of HIS strength, and listening to Him, can we prove our adversary the devil a liar.

I love you all, and thank you really for being here and sharing despite all the challenges you all have going on in your lives.

Love your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:47 pm 

Random thoughts related to this topic:

It helps to keep busy when you don't know which way to turn. Even if it's just housework, yardwork, scrubbing, cleaning closets, find something to dill your time so you don't dwell too much on your present situation.

Instead of feeling miserable and looking for people to comiserate with you, realize that the only One who can help you is the One you need to be talking to (aka praying). It took me a long time to realize this. It feels better to moan and groan to other people, but...if they could help you they would have already, so the help has to come from somewhere else. Assuming that we contact any proper authorities, organizations, agencies, etc., the only One who can help when all else fails is where you need to focus your attention.

Realize that sometimes "salvation" (from a difficult situation) can come in stages. It isn't always a straight jump from Trouble to Safety. The way I think of it is this: Angels are not God; they get weary (see Daniel for this), they have to think up ways to resolve a situation (I tihnk that comes from Job, not sure, wherever God is asking the angels what their thoughts are on a subject, then he OK's one's plan). Angels face opposers just like we do in our realm (think "Prince of Persia"). All in all they're fighting to help us and we have to fight to survive until that help arrives, then cooperate with it when it gets here! Remember that old story about the man whose life was in danger from a flood? He climbs to the roof of his house and prays for rescue. Three times "help" comes along but he finds fault with each "savior" and at last he drowns. When he "gets to heaven" he faults God, and God asks his what he's yapping about, tells him he sent those three rescues but the man didn't cooperate! The point is that help comes from the oddest places sometimes, so odd that it doesn't look "real" but it is...so take it. It won't be the final assistance; it may be a stepping stone or a bridge. Move forward with it...it may be the best available at the moment. Don't make it rough on the angels who are working for you; they have feelings too and it's ungrateful to make them "sigh." Counterproductive, too!

I'm not aiming my remark at anyone in particular, I'm just passing on some things I've learned on my own journey. Hope it helps someone in some way.

AB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:44 pm 

SO often I wish I could articulate as some of you dear ones can (peace to you ALL! ).

ALL that you posted here, dear AnneB (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear sister! ). But this stood out starkingly and my heart shouted a resounding "YES!":

Quote:
if they could help you they would have already, so the help has to come from somewhere else. Assuming that we contact any proper authorities, organizations, agencies, etc., the only One who can help when all else fails is where you need to focus your attention.

YES... YES... vehemently YESSSS!!!

BUT... how many times do we IGNORE that One... UNLESS/UNTIL we want/need "something"? Blow him off... blow the Father off... then bemoan our lot or blame them when we THINK they're not hearing US... because we can't "SEE" the blessing (because, as you state, it doesn't "look" like what we want it to or think it should)?

When he said, "Take HEART; I HAVE CONQUERED the world," What do we think he MEANT? I don't think it was "But you keep on being anxious, go on and worry."

THANK YOU, dear sister, for the truth YOU shared here... and peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel