xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 pm 

To the Household of God, israel, and all those who go with... may you all have peace!

It's often funny... in a "exciting" kind of way... when I receive understanding from my dear Lord.. Sort of like laughing inside (with joy), while shaking my head as I say, "Of COURSE, Lord! Of COURSE that's what you meant!" It's also exciting when I get to share sch with you dear ones, which I do with regard to Matthew 6:33. There, my Lord is recorded to have said, in part:

"Seek first the kingdom and its/his righteousness..."

Tonight, my dear Lord gave to me what he truly meant by those words... and it's not what most of us, including myself for some part, have thought. What I and perhaps you thought he meant was, "Seek the righteousness of the kingdom first... and/so that you can... apply it in your life."

Now, doing that, seeking it so as to, and apply(ing) it in our lives is a good thing. I don't want to take away from that, at all. But that isn't actually what he meant by those words. Before I share with you what he gave me that he MEANT, I need to share with you a bit of our conversation. A bit prior to our speaking, I had shared with a dear one that the reason some have... mmmmmm... difficulty?... with (some of) what I share is because it often relates on a personal level. Sometimes, very personal. Which often makes it hard to hear/accept. As a result, I have been told by some... or such ones have shown me by their actions (anger, hatred, drawing away)... that they don't want to hear any more. They are "tired" of being "wrong."

Now, that is fine with me, truly. I mean, I don't want ANYONE to hate/be angry with (me)... or draw away from Christ (OR me, as a friend/sister)... but I understand that some will. I was given that warning almost from the first. We all are, aren't we, when our Lord said "a man's enemies will be members of his own household"? And so, since the calling and choosing is NOT up to me, I have to trust that my dear Lord knows his sheep... and that when he said he would not lose ONE (except the son of destruction), he meant that. And so, if they truly belong to HIM... he'll see that they stay/get back on the path.

What I had shared with the dear one, however, was that although such ones cannot refute what I share with them, they take issue because they want me... or others... even JAH Himself... to be the problem... the "reason" they aren't chosen, or called, or don't hear... or have turned away, etc. In their eyes... or rather, their hearts... it simply cannot be THEM... THEIR fault... because as far as THEY are concerned (and they really believe) THEY'VE done EVERYTHING... ALL... THEY could POSSIBLY do... to win God's favor. So, if there's a problem, it's either with God's perception, insight, or judging... or it's with, perhaps someone like me... who is telling them things (they don't want to hear).

And I need to state here, dear, dear LQ (peace to you, dear brother!), this has absolutely NOTHING to do with YOU... or the "Apostle" thread. It is TRULY just coincidental that you started that thread when this matter is also of issue. But please know, this is absolutely NOT about you... and ANY similarities are truly coincidental. However, it might help you see that you're not alone in some of your... mmmmmmm... "thoughts." I digress.

As I was pondering this, and thinking, "Wow, that's pretty bold, actually, to think it's everyone except PERHAPS them," I was reminded of the man, Adham, who not only blamed the woman Eve, but JAH Himself for GIVING him Eve... which blame he sought... while totally ignoring the TRUTH... of his CHOICE. In placing such blame, the man Adham showed himself lacking in a lot of things... and particularly... humility.

But this isn't about Adham, or about lacking humility, as much as it is about what my dear Lord meant when he said "Seek the kingdom FIRST, and ITS/HIS righteousness... and all these things (that he was speaking of) would be 'added' to" those who did. Here, then, is the gist:

Dear ones, when we blame others for OUR choices, AND/OR for our lack of being chosen (by JAH through Christ by means of an anointing with holy spirit), we really are displaying a form or pride and arrogance. And, as I've shared with you before, the prophecy of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, is that pride... goes before... (the) fall. That pride is usually the impetus FOR (the) fall. BUT... what Christ SAID... as recorded at Matthew 6:33 can STOP that trajectory... if we truly grasp what he MEANT... and DO... what he SAID.

Because when he said, "Seek the kingdom FIRST and ITS/HIS righteousness," he MEANT:

When you are inclined to ask "why"... or "why not"... or lay blame... BEFORE you do that as to the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and/or as to His Son and KING (of that kingdom), the HOLY ONE of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... BEFORE you "go there"... STOP... and LOOK FOR... THEIR... RIGHTEOUSNESS! In whatever matter, choice, decision, outcome... situation... you are considering... BEFORE you blame THEM... look for their RIGHTEOUSNESS. FIRST. Which MIGHT mean... looking at your OWN... UNRIGHTEOUSNESS... FIRST.

BEFORE you lay blame on THEM... LOOK FOR THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS. FIRST.

Let me give you an example:

There are many accounts in the Bible where, if one wanted to take the risk, one MIGHT conclude that JAH's action was UNRIGHTEOUS. For example, the account where Elijah had two she bears maul a group of children simply for calling him "bald-headed." Now, for MOST, it would seem like JAH Himself actually would be behind such an act. I mean, why not? Had He not killed thousands, tens of thousands, for, what... not acting the way HE wanted them to? I know, I know, that's extreme, but that is how some view it, yes?

But let's look at the situation: some children poked fun at one of God's prophets. That prophet was apparently SO thin-skinned... and frail... that he can't even handle a group of children playing childrens' games (name-calling). No, he was SO sensitive, that rather than simply telling the children to bugger off... or perhaps calling for their parents to discipline them... HE calls on a couple of bears to come and maul them to death! Yet, this is the SAME man who stood up to Baal worshippers! Bothered by a group of KIDS???

IN THE LIGHT OF THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE KINGDOM, however... with righteousness and KING of that kingdom... is CHRIST... does that even make SENSE???

Dear ones, we are told (by Christ) that in order to see God we must see him, yes? So, let's do that. Let's LOOK at HIM:

In doing so... who of us believe that HE would call upon two vicious she bears to kill some idiot kids for name-calling? He, who didn't even raise a hand against those who came to put him to death? Who wouldn't even allow his personal "body-guard", Peter, to cut off the ear of one of such men?

By looking at CHRIST we can KNOW that JAH had no hand in the "story" about Elijah, but rather, the false stylus of the SCRIBES must have written such a "tale." Most probably, to keep "bad" children in line. Sort of like the fable of Hansel and Gretel. Or perhaps to scare their enemies... and they had a lot of enemies, so...

But here's the POINT: when we seek the kingdom... and its/his... RIGHTEOUSNESS... FIRST... we would never even GO there! We would NEVER even THINK to attribute something like that... an UNRIGHTEOUS act... to the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... let alone to His Son! We would KNOW better than to blame either of THEM... because THEY are RIGHTEOUS. Yes??

What about us, though? Are WE righteous? Perhaps SO righteous... that rather than look at OURSELVES... and at perhaps what WE are lacking, doing, not doing, harboring, believing, etc., SUCH THAT IT STANDS IN THE WAY... that we turn the BLAME... FOR our lack, doing, not doing, harboring, believing, not believing... CHOICES... on THEM?

If we do that, dear ones... look to THEM as the "cause" of OUR error... or OUR lack of faith... OUR [inability] to hear... OUR refusal to hear... or OBEY... WHOSE "righteousness" are we TRULY seeking?? The kingdom's? HIS? Or... our own?

Which SHOULD we be seeking... based on Christ's words?

If HIS words are "Keep seeking... FIRST... the kingdom and ITS/HIS righteousness"... yet, we seek to BLAME him and/or the Father... are we not, AGAIN... DISOBEYING his words? Not LISTENING to what he is telling us to DO? Are we not, instead, seeking... FIRST... our OWN "righteousness?"

And is that not a dangerous thing to do??

Yet, he said if we seek the KINGDOM'S... and GOD'S... righteousness... FIRST... all [the things he mentioned]... WOULD be ADDED to us. GIVEN to us. Yes?

And so, if we are LACKING such things... INCLUDING holy spirit... is it perhaps because it is NOT His righteousness... or the kingdom's... that we ARE seeking... FIRST?

Dear ones, rather than looking into a WINDOW... to see where JAH and/or Christ is failing US... should we not be looking in a MIRROR... to see where WE... are failing THEM? What "mirror", though? Where can we LOOK to "see" what we truly ARE?

Just like there is no place to GO away to, dear ones, there is not place to look. There is only, in BOTH instances... a WHOM. A Whom to go away TO... and a Whom... to look AT:

The HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). He is the ONLY One who can show ANY of us where we are lacking. Because he is the IMAGE of God... and so, if we don't look AT him, we can't know if we don't look LIKE him. And if we don't look like HIM... we CERTAINLY don't... can't... look like His Father, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

And so this is what I came to learn from my dear Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah) this evening. That is we seek the His and the kingdom's righteousness... FIRST... THEN all of the things he mentioned (food, clothing, and more)... would be added to, given us. NOT, however, if we seek our own righteousness... above theirs.

I, SA, have shared this truth with you, just as I received it from my dear Lord, Master, Savior, and King, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... and I truly hope it helps, any who may need help.

Peace to you all!

Your servant, as I am servant to all those of the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:04 pm 

Well, in my "excitement", I forgot to share what my dear Lord SAID.... to trigger his sharing this understanding with me (peace to you, all!). We were discussing some situations where a few folks seem discouraged, disheartened, even angry... because they aren't "right." Some have shared with me "I'm never right" (and if you recognize yourself here, please know... you are one of many - no one is singled out here, truthfully.)

I understand how this can be discouraging, though, and so was about to ask my dear Lord how could I encourage such folks... without lying to them. It was then that he said to me:

"But is it MY right[eousness] such ones are concerned with, child... or is it their OWN?"

And in the brief nanosecond that I pondered that he asked me:

"Yet, WHOSE right[eousness] did I TELL them to seek?"

Which was the beginning of my coming to understand what he truly meant. He then said to me:

"If they didn't listen to ME, surely they won't listen to YOU. So, then, let them pursue their own righteousness, if that is what they desire. But there should be no surprise when they reach the end of that pursuit. For I have told them what waits at the end: weeping and gnashing of their teeth. I have told them. Whether they hear... or refrain.... is their choice. You, though, continue pursuing the kingdom I have prepared for those seeking MY righteousness."

I, SA, have restated this, just as it occurred between my dear Lord, Master, Savior, and King, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... and myself. May those with ears hear... and get the sense of it.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:02 am 

Quote:
And I need to state here, dear, dear LQ (peace to you, dear brother!), this has absolutely NOTHING to do with YOU... or the "Apostle" thread. It is TRULY just coincidental that you started that thread when this matter is also of issue. But please know, this is absolutely NOT about you... and ANY similarities are truly coincidental.

I was getting the sense that it WAS about me. Even so, I still do apply it to myself.

This was/is a a fine post. I always questioned the WTBTS teaching here because in their view, 'seeking the kingdom first' (rarely with emphasis on 'and his righteousness') means preaching and attending meetings. Ridiculous! Even when I was an uber-JW, I thought that was a stupid application since the command to preach had not been given, and meetings were not even a thing back when Christ spoke these words.

Thanks be to our Lord for this understanding and to you for sharing it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:19 pm 

I always thought that seek the Kingdom first meant seek the way (Way) into the Kingdom. I admit I did not pay much attention to the 'righteousness' part, except again, that you seek the righteousness of the kingdom when you seek the Kingdom.

I love what you have shared here, Shelby, so thank you for that. That really does make things so... simple; seems like such a simple thing to keep in mind and remember for those times when we are wrong, or when we do wrong, or misunderstand, etc. Especially if our instinct is to blame someone else (including Christ) for OUR mistake/sin.

HE (Christ, and of course God) IS the Righteous One. His actions are righteous. WE are not more righteous than Him, and if we are attempting to blame Him for our mistakes, etc... then are we not trying to lift ourselves UP over Him. Trying to promote our righteousness at the expense of His? It is hard to look in the mirror... but it is GOOD to do so. Because we cannot 'fix' what we do not know is 'broken', or ask to be forgiven for what we have done due to the 'broken' thing.

AND if we seek His righteous (and that of the Kingdom), then we can more clearly see the Truth (including where our own actions are unrighteous, although it is not about us), and of course He speaks the truth... so if we seek the Kingdom and its/His righteousness... all other things will be added/given to us. As He said.

Thank you sister for this post. It did come at a perfect time for me, and cleared up one thing that I have been struggling with, making me see clearly what I already knew, but shied away from looking to closely AT.

Christ is the Righteous One.

Peace and love to you,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:01 pm 

Good post..
That`s good advice regardless of what your beliefs are..

........If You Screw Up,Own Up To It..
Don`t Blame Somebody Else..
....Image

.............................................................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 pm 

While I am glad it resounded with you, dear LQ (peace to you, dear one!), I am also glad that you read far enough to know not to take it as meant for you - again, it truly was not. It really did follow my thinking after a discussion with a dear one as to some who I'm not even sure visit here (anymore - I know they have, although whether regularly or still, I do not know). I wanted to provide be able to provide some response, even comfort possibly, when and where possible. Especially to that "Well, if God didn't choose/doesn't speak to ME, then I don't want to serve such a God ANYWAY!"

I don't get that as much as I used to, but I have gotten it quite a bit. But the gist is summed up in dear tec's comment (peace to you, as well, dear sister!):

so if we seek the Kingdom and its/His righteousness... all other things will be added/given to us. As He said.

In other words, perhaps the reason one has NOT been chosen... or heard (him speak)... and I don't say "or spoken to" because, as I've shared on so many occasions, he speaks to ALL of mankind (Proverbs 7:4... is because such one is NOT seeking HIS (the kingdom's) righteousness... but their own. But the PROMISE is that if we seek HIS righteousness... FIRST... meaning, attribute ALL righteousness to the MOST HOLY... AND... HOLY One(s) of Israel, JAH and Christ)... THEN all of the things we need (and SURELY, holy spirit falls in there!)... WILL be added to/given us!

IF, however, we are MORE concerned with OURSELVES being "right"... our OWN "righteousness"... then there is a different promise: weeping and gnashing of teeth. Why that? Because THAT is the promise for those... OUTSIDE. OUTSIDE the kingdom. OUTSIDE the temple of God. OUTSIDE the New Jerusalem. OUTSIDE the Body (of Christ). OUTSIDE... of Christ.

But I have learned from him today, that our dear Lord did not leave himself without witness as to what he meant... because PAUL phrased it for Christ's Body in his letter to the Romans. When responding to whether or not it was of any advantage to be JEW or any value to circumcision, now that the Gentiles, for whom circumcision was not a requirement, we being allowed "in". He wrote (as recorded at Romans 3:1-18):

"What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? Much in every way! First of all, the Jews have been entrusted with the sayings of God.

"What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being the liar (fsithless/false). As it is written:

“So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge.”

"But if our unrighteousness brings out God’s righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.) Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world? Someone might argue, “If my falsehood enhances God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?” Why not say—as some slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!

"What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. As it is written:

There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.

All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”

Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
The poison of vipers is on their lips.”

Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know.”

There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

What Paul talking about? He was saying, yes, there was some benefit to being a Jew (versus a Gentile) and circumcision: such ones were those who had been entrusted with the Law, Moses, the Psalms, and the Prophets... all of which were words that came from God to the Jews... and mankind (who sought God). BUT... even SO... even among the JEWS... there was NO ONE RIGHTEOUS. Even from among the very people who were delivered by JAH from Egypt, who saw the plagues, who saw the Red Sea opened, and saw the mountain shake and saw and ate the manna, and saw the water come from the rock, and saw towns like Jericho, etc., brought down... even THEN... they lacked faith, were full of falsehood... spoke lies (the "poison of vipers")... as to and about the very One who delivered them... JAH of Armies!

So, being a Jew doesn't make one anything... and certainly not FAITHFUL. Yet, there were those who felt they were "special"... or should have been considered "special"... BY JAH... BECAUSE they were Jews. That THEY were righteous... EVEN when JAH Himself was NOT!

When they SHOULD have had the mindset that JAH... is ALWAYS true... ALWAYS righteous... and it is we, mankind... everyone one of US... if it comes down to us and HIM... who is NOT. If there has to BE the question of "why"... of who's wrong and who's right... it is ALWAYS... ALWAYS... that JAH... and now, His dear, dear Son, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah0... who are right. And we... in comparison and/or conjunction with them... are always... ALWAYS... wrong. Without exception.

If we have that mindset... understand that TRUTH... then when we are considering things, asking "why" or "why not"... we could NEVER find the fault as being with THEM. Ever. Because THEY are true. ALWAYS true. ALWAYS faithful. We, however, are not. We are NOT always true OR faithful.

Hence, our dear Lord's example of the prayers of the Pharisee and the tax collector:

"To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, [Jesus] told this parable:

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee prayed to himself : ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

I know we've all read these verses before and so know the outcome, but which man do you think we were TRULY being taught to be.... by the WTBTS? What do you think most of THEM think of themselves... in relation to others?

Yet, our dear Lord went on to say, as to the TAX COLLECTOR (who was a "sinner" because he was exacting taxes from his Jewish brothers, something that was against the Law Covenant... AND doing so for Gentiles!):

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Luke 18:9-14

If we are seeking our OWN righteousness... BEFORE God or Christ's (the kingdom's)... or OVER/INSTEAD/IN PLACE OF... THEIR righteousness, then we are not only lacking humility but, again, are being disobedient. Now, we won't reap a punishment from them for this - but we WILL taste humility. Why? Because JAH will punish us? Humiliate us? NO!!! Our dear Lord wasn't warning us against a coming punishment - he was warning us against an INEVITABLE CONSEQUENCE FOR OUR OWN ACTIONS. If YOU ealt YOURSELF... you WILL be humbled. How many times have we seen that occur in the world? "Karma", some call it.

On the other hand, if you humble yourself BEFORE GOD... and seeking HIS/CHRIST's (the kingdom's) righteousness BEFORE... OVER one's OWN... is DOING that... then they have PROMISED to exalt such a one!

Dear ones, they don't tell us these things... try to teach them to us... for their OWN benefit. THEY don't need ANYTHING from US. They tell us... try to teach us... for our OWN benefit. Because we are IN THE WORLD. And the world... belongs... to our ENEMY. And is very dark. VERY dark. So, they try to tell us how to navigate it, the world, and its darkness.

If we think... want to think... NEED to think... that WE are more "right"... righteous... than even THEY are... then we are left to PURSUE our own righteousness. Rather than be GUIDED... by THEIRS. How far, though, in THIS world do we... who are... or wish to be... members of the Body of Christ believe we will get... in THIS world... by pursuing our OWN right(eousness)?

All we need do is look at our own lives to answer that. I, for one, can say, with all truth... not very far at all. Because where I have gotten THUS far... and it's not very far, as far as the world is concerned... is ONLY because of their guidance, THEIR right(eousness), and not my own. On my own... well, I'm not even sure I'd believe alive, this far. Because there have been many instances where my life COULD have ended... and it was ONLY because I TRUSTED the voice that guided me through... that I CAME through.

None of are right(eous), dear ones. Some of may LOOK like we are, may have lifestyles and appearances and such that make it LOOK like we are, SEEM as though we are... as though we "SHOULD" be... but that... is a lie. We cannot let ourselves buy INTO that lie, though. Not, and say with TRUTH... that we are seeking the kingdom... and its/his righteousness.

Peace... to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 pm 

Evening everyone. May Jah bless. In reading this thread, I was reminded by our Lord what is written in Romans chapter 10, the first few verses. I don't know how to cut and paste on my Note 3 so my Lord said to just cite to it. And that those who read will understand. Nite.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 am 

Quote:
Yet, he said if we seek the KINGDOM'S... and GOD'S... righteousness... FIRST... all [the things he mentioned]... WOULD be ADDED to us. GIVEN to us. Yes?

And so, if we are LACKING such things... INCLUDING holy spirit... is it perhaps because it is NOT His righteousness... or the kingdom's... that we ARE seeking... FIRST?

Dear ones, rather than looking into a WINDOW... to see where JAH and/or Christ is failing US... should we not be looking in a MIRROR... to see where WE... are failing THEM? What "mirror", though? Where can we LOOK to "see" what we truly ARE?

Of course that makes so much more sense! And this scripture has been brought to my mind:

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:18

Thank for sharing these wonderful truths.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:11 am 

There's a lot to ponder over for sure. But I have a question about the first part of the verse, please:

Quote:
"Seek first the kingdom and its/his righteousness..."

As soon as I read this, I immediately saw/heard? "Seek to be a king". Now, I have never read that verse that way before, and I do not believe this was my own thought, so I was a little excited. But then my mind tried to talk me out of it, because the word kingdom usually would mean the realm reigned over and various other things, but the thought persisted.

So my question is, for anyone who knows, is this one way to understand the verse?

Oh, and to dear Tec :
Quote:
but shied away from looking to closely AT.

Ah-HA! I finally caught you making a mistake, Miss Perfect Grammar. lol Just kidding.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:17 am 

To add to what everyone else heard, I immediately thought of Matt 6:5:

Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites, for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

This is an excellent topic. When I first undid the WT teachings about Christ and started looking at the scriptures as being an actual guardian leading to Christ, that was an amazing transformation for me. This, I think, is another one that will have great effect on me over time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:20 am 

Quote:
"Seek to be a king".

I don't doubt that you heard this from our Lord, Ataloa. Is this not what we are doing when we seek to have the mind of Christ? He is THE King! Of course, in order to do this, in order to be this - to seek this - do we not also have to humble ourselves before God (and Christ), thereby seeking HIS righteousness? And in doing so, as He said, all other things will be given to us?

If we are seeking HIS righteousness/the righteousness of His Kingdom... then we are not seeking our own, but are rather humbling ourselves to/before Christ, our King. And if we humble ourselves before Him, does that not allow us to BE trained/disciplined/taught BY Him, so that again we are able to learn, and have, the mind of Christ? So that we may be transformed into His likeness (as Loz shared from what she heard)? So that we ARE fit and able to serve our King, in His Kingdom, as kings and priests?

It ALL fits/flows together... so perfectly. So truthfully.

Peace to you dear sisters and brothers,
Your sister, and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:22 am 

leaving_quietly wrote:
To add to what everyone else heard, I immediately thought of Matt 6:5:

Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites, for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

Yes! Because if they have had their 'reward in full', what else can be given to them?

Btw, the verses that Armand referenced, as our Lord reminded Him... are perfect. Definitely bearing witness to what has been shared in this thread.

Peace to you both,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:25 am 

Quote:
Oh, and to dear Tec :
Quote:
but shied away from looking to closely AT.

Ah-HA! I finally caught you making a mistake, Miss Perfect Grammar. lol Just kidding.

Lol.

Peace!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:15 pm 

You heard exactly right, dear At ( peace to you, dear lady!). That is the gist of WHY some may have not received a "kingship"... yet: because they are putting their own right(eous)ness AHEAD of the righteousness of the kingdom AND KING they CLAIM to be seeking.

If we TRULY want to BE part of that kingdom... how, though, can we even DESIGN to think WE know BETTER than the One Who CONFIRMED such kingship ON us... or that OUR actions/thoughts are MORE right(eous) than HIS?? WE are not conferring anything on HIM. HE doesn't need US - WE need HIM. To GET such kingship. TO hear. TO be called. TO be chosen.

when we allow ourselves to say, "Well, I'm doing EVERYTHING right, so why can't/don't...?" whatever... we are in essence saying the fault is HIS. HE isn't doing everything "right." Saying "Of COURSE he should call/choose ME, because *I* am/have/do/don't do..."

What INTELLIGENT king, however, of ANY world, would put in his/her administration someone who considers themselves BETTER than the king who installed them? Wouldn't that person potentially be a risk... for USURPTION? Isn't that EXACTLY what happened with the Adversary... AND Adham? Didn't THEY think and so claim to know better, be MORE right(eous) than JAH Himself?

And so, WHOSE "children" do WE show ourselves to be if WE do the same thing?? Why, though, would JAH allow His Son to call ANOTHER "man's" children??

When we seek to be KINGS, though, of JAH'S kingdom by Christ, we SHOW ourselves CHILDREN of that kingdom... by SUBMITTING to the One who confers it UPON us. One does not contend, however, under the guise of "submitting." One has ALREADY given themselves OVER... and KNOWS... and ACCEPTED... that the one they are submitting to... IS GREATER... and so MORE right(eous) than they!

And we have the King HIMSELF, Christ, as an example. HE... NEVER thought he was greater... OR MORE RIGHT... than the Father, the [b]MOST Holy One!! To the contrary, he acknowledged the FATHER'S will, greatness... AND RIGHT(EOUSNESS)... OVER HIS... AT ALL TIMES.

If, though, we are claiming to love Christ, follow Christ, are part of his Body... or want to BE part of his Body... how can that be TRUE... if we're not listening to HIM... AND following HIS example and the "PATTERN" he GAVE us??

He COULD have said, "Look, Dad, I know you're brilliant... but u don't think you're right, here. *I* didn't do ANYTHING wrong. I've done EVERYTHING right! So why do I have to die?? Why don't you just destroy the Adversary and then kill all the BAD people?? I think that's BETTER."

But he didn't. Like Isaac, when Abraham told him HE would be the sacrifice... he put HIS trust in One he KNEW was more right(eous)... and SUBMITTED.

THAT is WHY Isaac is part of the kingdom: he had FAITH that Abraham was RIGHT... and DEMONSTRATED that faith... BY DOING WHAT WAS REQUIRED OF HIM... WITHOUT CONTENDING.

And that is what our dear Lord meant when he exhorted US to seek the kingdom and it's righteousness... FIRST.

I hope this helps, truly, and praise JAH for those it does!

Peace to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ... ALWAYS,

Shel, who shared this from her phone so if some words seem "wrong" they might be, due to spellchecker... so please forgive, just ask, if something is unclear, or go with what you HEAR as our dear Lord states it to you correctly!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:23 pm 

Peace to you ALL... and I am rejoicing over ALL of your comments!!! and can someone kindly post Romans Chapter 10 for us? I would but am on this dratted phone.

Again, your comments are WONDERFUL to me... AND isn't it a blessing that we all CAN comment and share? NOT just many appointed "leaders" and NOT just the menfolk... and NOT just in line with some pre - printed paragraph questions and answers... but FROM THE HEART?

I am again reminded of Malachi 3:16... but this time, through verse 18.

Peace to you ALL!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel