xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: "On This Rock..."
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:12 pm 

To the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with, may you all have peace!

I know we've discussed this topic before but I was awoken by my dear Lord this morning and directed to address it again, this time asking for all (and I include myself!), to consider: on "WHAT"... is YOUR house "built"?

If you recall, I have shared that Peter is NOT the "rock" on which Christ builds his Body/church... but that Christ himself... a FAITH in him... is that rock. And I have shared many verses showing our dear Lord as that Rock... and you are all aware that faith in HIM is what is necessary "for the preserving alive" of one's spirit.

I have also shared that it was Peter's FAITH... in what GOD, and not MAN, had revealed to him... that Christ was HIS Son... that prompted our dear to say what he did TO Peter and to give HIM (Peter) the "keys" to the kingdom (which keys he gave to ALL of them - John 20:22, 23; Acts 3:1-8, 12, 16[b]. Some dispute this this for the false teaching that raises Peter up, although Peter never raised himself up.

Having had the foundation for this topic laid... BY the Foundation, Christ... I am now to share... with any who have ears to HEAR and get the sense of it... the following verses in the hopes that (1) perhaps it will help you dear ones see the TRUTH of this matter - Who and what our "houses" CAN be "built" on... (2) the results of NOT building on FAITH... in Christ AS the Rock... such faith being IMMOVABLE... AS a rock... and, if necessary (3) what, if anything, you may have built YOUR "house" on.

In that light, our dear Lord's words were:

“Therefore [b]everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice[i] is like a wise man who built his house [i]on the rock
. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock

"But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The [b]rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house[/i], and it fell with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24-27

The truth is we may not KNOW upon what we have built our "house"... UNTIL the "rain comes down, streams rise, and winds begin to blow." It could be that we THOUGHT we had built upon the rock... only to find our house washed completely away in a decent "storm." Alternative, we could find, during a "storm" that although houses AROUND us (which may have been built on sand) are being washed away... ours remains standing. If so, it is not a miracle that it does, though, but the result of GOOD DESIGN... starting with a FOUNDATION... that is ROCK-SOLID.

And that takes a master "architect." Indeed, who better than THE Best... to draw your plans? You only needed to carry out his instructions and... voila! A strong, well-built... ENDURING... "house." Even in the face of torrents, deluges... and winds. Maybe even winds from all four directions (i.e., "four" winds).

The time is now to inspect our houses, dear ones. To look them over for soundness... starting with the FOUNDATION. If the foundation is weak, maybe even sand, then you risk your house "sliding off"... or even being washed away... in a storm. Not even a major storm but certainly in a major one.

What can you do, though, if your house's foundation IS weak? You can try to "raise it up" to above flood level. Maybe put it on stilts. That tends to only work as to flooding, though; not much help against rain and wind. You could try shoring it up, even retrofitting. The success of that often depends on the "age" and "condition" of the "house." And sometimes one finds other problems along the way: termites, dry rot, drainage issues... requiring more time and money.

Sometimes, depending on the condition of the structure, it's best to just tear the whole thing down... and start over. Starting with a new cornerstone... then building from the foundation UP.

No one can say which method another should choose but only which one s/he wishes to undertake. One may not even think they need to INSPECT, let alone take action. And they could be right.

One should also realize, however, that more often "an ounce of prevention is worth a POUND of cure"... and perhaps so consider inspecting now... "just in case"... rather than, maybe, later, when they find themselves floating on the rubble of their house as it passes by those who DID do an inspection... and girded up/rebuilt THEIR houses.

This is what I was given to share and so I, SA, have shared it, just as I heard and received it from my dear, dear Lord, Master, King, and Savior, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah).

I hope it helps... and I wish you peace!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and ALL those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA, breaking out the clipboard, paper, pen, tape measure, slide rule, calculator, t-square, level... and hydraulic jack (so's I can get all up under MY "house" and check what's there... cause I want to "weather" EVERY "storm" coming my way... but my "floor sometimes feels a bit "unlevel". So... I gotta check!)

Post subject: Re: "On This Rock..."
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 am 

I'm not sure what to say as a comment to this, except, yes, I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 am 

Thank YOU for your comment, dear LQ (mornin' and peace to you and your household, luv!), but no pressure to comment here. Well, maybe none other than "Ummmm, did you blow the bolding, Shel?" (I did. I should have stopped after the verse citations where that little "[b]" is - so I apologize if it appeared like something in particular was being emphasized when it wasn't!).

But there never is any pressure to comment. I get that it sometimes "feels weird" to leave something out there on its own (s'why I often commented on dear ANOMOS' threads... where is he, BTW? I hope all is well with him and he shows himself soon). But folks can share/comment as they wish/feel compelled to. Or not - LOLOL!

Peace... and thank YOU for your comment, though! LOLOL!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 am 

Quote:
And that takes a master "architect." Indeed, who better than THE Best... to draw your plans? You only needed to carry out his instructions and... voila! A strong, well-built... ENDURING... "house." Even in the face of torrents, deluges... and winds. Maybe even winds from all four directions (i.e., "four" winds).

The time is now to inspect our houses, dear ones. To look them over for soundness... starting with the FOUNDATION. If the foundation is weak, maybe even sand, then you risk your house "sliding off"... or even being washed away... in a storm. Not even a major storm but certainly in a major one.

Good instruction, as always, from Christ. Thank you for sharing this as you have heard from Him, Shelby. Far better to find out before the 'storms' come that our house needs some work... perhaps even needs to be rebuild (upon Christ)... rather than to find out after the storm has come.

I don't know how to do that other than to look to and listen to (and obey) Christ, in all things. Christ and Christ alone. To ask Him to help me see or find anything that is weak in my 'house'. He will not lead us wrong.

Peace to you all,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:16 am 

Quote:
Far better to find out before the 'storms' come that our house needs some work... perhaps even needs to be rebuild (upon Christ)... rather than to find out after the storm has come.

... look to and listen to (and obey) Christ, in all things. Christ and Christ alone. ... ask Him to help me see or find anything that is weak in my 'house'. He will not lead us wrong.

Amen and amen, dear tec (peace to you, luv!)... and I believe those were the points I was to get and share with you dear ones.

May he help and guide ALL of us who follow HIM... to build STRONG "houses" on a STRONG foundation!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:20 pm 

The parallel account in Luke 6 compares the house to a foundation build on rock (dug deep down) to being build on no foundation at all. Even more interesting. Is our foundation rock? Sand? Non-existent?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:15 pm 

Good comparison, dear LQ (peace to you! )... and good question(s). Thank you for both!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:46 pm 

Good instruction, as always, from Christ. Thank you for sharing this as you have heard from Him, Shelby. Far better to find out before the 'storms' come that our house needs some work... perhaps even needs to be rebuild (upon Christ)... rather than to find out after the storm has come.

Completely agree! And yes....thank you for sharing as you heard.

Thank you as well for this my brother LQ,

The parallel account in Luke 6 compares the house to a foundation build on rock (dug deep down) to being build on no foundation at all. Even more interesting. Is our foundation rock? Sand? Non-existent?

Peace to you all, your sister in CHRIST, Kim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 am 

Mornin' and peace to you, all! I've read the account in Luke and I think it bears including here, so:

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

A great help to me, both accounts (this and Matthew's). I'm thinking, if I can't weather the SMALL "storms" (of life)... I'm surely gonna have a problem with "the big one" (i.e., unleashing of "four winds"). In that light, I'm thinking maybe I need to schedule even more meetings with my Architect! No, seriously, I KNOW I do. 'Cause MY "floors" are starting to "creak"... at least one "window" is "leaky"... and some of my "doors" won't close (due to "settling")! Seriously! I know MY "house"... and where it needs some "handy" work - LOLOL! So, I need to have appointment ASAP - LOLOL!

Peace to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:00 am 

/:) /:) /:)

I hear ya sis! " Creaky and Leaky".

Love your sister in CHRIST, Kim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:24 am 

Interesting indeed. My spirit bears witness with the fact that NOW is the time to inspect our foundations and if necessary, strengthen them.

Loz x