xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The ... irony?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 am 

I don't know... the irony of asking the head of the RCC to fight against those (terrorists) who use religion to:

Quote:
They take passages from the Quran and justify beheadings and slaying of women and children. We must put an end to it.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-rome-pe ... st-terror/

The RCC has done the same as above, and more, throughout her very bloody history and reign. To then ask the pope to "lead" and join the fight against terrorists using religion to commit terror...? Not that I am against anyone who would try to reason with others to stop killing, etc. But why should anyone care what the RCC has to say about that? Her hands are covered in blood from what she has used her religion to do.

Unless perhaps she confessed her 'sins', admitted that she did all of those things on her own, that she was not in union with Christ throughout her reign, and so not listening to Him throughout her reign. Not sure how she can do that without also admitting that all of her traditions and rules and creeds also did not come from Christ.

Anyway, came across that this morning and just thought... whoa, really?

Peace to you all,
your sister and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

Post subject: Re: The ... irony?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 am 

Yes for sure "the irony"!! I agree but they forget so easily their past crimes and history as do many other religions.

Post subject: Re: The ... irony?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:50 pm 

So, let's see (peace!) - we got Jews and Catholics ("christians") forming a partnership and asking Muslims to join them...

Did I hear somebody say something about a cry of "Peace and security"... before "sudden destruction"?

Lions... tigers... and bears... and in a supposedly peaceful and safe/secure "jungle"? And NONE of them eating the young of the other... or fighting for territory due to a diminished "food" supply?

Oh, my...

Ah, well, peace, dear ones... as Christ gives it. Because sadly whatever "peace" THESE develop will be short-lived. How do we know? Which, pray tell, does NOT have blood on their hands? Jews? Sure. Catholics? Cheah' right. Muslims? As if.

Que sera... sera...

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar